Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

4 minutes ago, lady65432 said:

@nearsea well, take The Producers for example, the male lead didn't get the girl. :D I think that Ki Hyun who sang for She Was Pretty is from MonstaX, this Ki Hyun who sang the ost part 9 is different. :D

Ah oh,the namesake dilemmas,I often have to keep track who's who.Thank you though,but going by your words,bogum is the lead right? Regardless he gets the girl or not :P hahah.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, hmong_lubpaj said:

Sorry to cut your post short. It may have been SW who said it? It was during the -ing episode I think. The person said that even if Taek started studying now he'd still do well/better than DS & DR. So I think him being a genius may also extend to academics as well. Correct me if I'm wrong. 

This is really random...but when it comes to Taek , I crave more ,I want to know him more..

like im pretty sure there will be flashback during his secondary, I want to know how smart he is, and why he stop schooling? How he is in his academics?  being genius means until what extend?. I've watch variety shows about genius kids, and they really need to put in a very special schools/home school because normal lessons make them bored..

im a bit curious aside from Baduk is he's also genius in academics or other stuff ..oh Taek what have you done your occupying my weekends and my mind..hihihihihi!^^

• Like 8

1 hour ago, nearsea said:

@Elizabeth Phan We have same life it seems.I'm going to bed these days at 5:30-sometimes 6 in morning,with the thread,on and off..=S.Reply has messed up my sleep cycle badly lol.Anyway,I'm also on the same boat with you regarding the color theory.I have also the inkling that jh could be the husband,but my love for taek and the curiousity to see them together is too big too.Like the gravity factor is pulling in too strong and my wish is getting too intense to have them in a somewhat very heartbroken kind of scene,where the parting/reason of parting is obvious for both of them.I want this to happen really so I'd still wait for now..eagerly.

Its 1am over here and usually slept at 11pm. Was busy reading all the post here... there were like 112 pages when i made My first post and now its 130 pages. :o

Im amazed with the color theory. Never noticed it before. All of you are so detailed about it. 

Eps 17 is supposed to be aired today if its not for the delay. I think i am going crazy waiting. Just hoping its worth the wait. 

Just one question although it might have been asked by someone else (i havent done reading all the posts here). The scene where taek follows ds to the washroom after the flasher incident, it doesnt seem that taek purposely follow ds because she's afraid or maybe taek was being subtle about it.  He appears to be pretty clueless when ds looks back at him. Just wondering if there's anything that hinted that taek was actually accompanying ds? (WOuld like to have flashbacks and voice over on how he felt that time if taek really ended up the husband).

By the way, i am heartbroken by the fact that taek is back to his previous habit, taking so much sleeping/headache pills. 

@moonkeeper

XD would like to see that soon too. I wonder if he's clumsy in school as well. 

Just being random. Im off to sleep. Goodnight, friends. :)

Edited by nasoken
  • Like 7

20 minutes ago, hmong_lubpaj said:

Sorry to cut your post short. It may have been SW who said it? It was during the -ing episode I think. The person said that even if Taek started studying now he'd still do well/better than DS & DR. So I think him being a genius may also extend to academics as well. Correct me if I'm wrong. 

Really I might missed that scene.. Thanks @hmong_lubpaj ^^ ....I really hope we have some flashback of his schooling time..

this is my wild imagination , Taek might also secretly help DS to resend her postcard together with his autograph..hahahaha ^^ ....

• Like 6

@nearsea but we're also assuming that rjy is the lead, right? (because of the billing & marketing strategy) ksh didn't get the girl but he had more screentime than the other casts (cth had lesser screeentime too! but he got the girl!) ksh was charming with ghj, they had heart-fluttering moments but ghj-cth had a deeper history, not to mention *heavy* childhood/teenage flashback scenes, I know writer Park Ji Eun is different from writer Lee Woo Jung but she also tried putting interesting details on her characters (ex. wardrobe, endgame couple frequently wore stripes) they bicker BUT musicbank PD knows 1N2D PD well & vice versa, that's why even if ksh was there to make his *moves* he was not able to break that pretty solid relationship that the PDs have. Sounds like TK~DS to me. :D Someone mentioned about In Time With You in this thread before...actually, its korean version Time We Were Not In Love made some viewers remember reply1997 (sechs kies's song "Couple" was used in a flashback scene too) I wonder if the reply team had seen those shows because TK-DS are almost close to giving us that *we're-so-close-what-if-you-fall-in-love-with-another-woman* vibe. :D:D:D

• Like 11

Hello @nasokenTo answer your question. TK followed DS intentionally. The first time, he saw how pretty shaken she was because of the flasher. The 2nd time she wanted to go again, TK stood up and followed, this time to protect her. DS wasn't aware that TK was following her because he's "light on his feet"( he walks without making a noise. We can notice that light walk also when he caught SW-BR a second time and BR commented about his light feet). It was only when DS turned back that she saw him and felt relief and then TK said he came out to have a smoke(yeah right. We all know he's lying about that). 

• Like 18

27 minutes ago, nearsea said:

@shooastrid Did you get the last point,ie,feeling cold one?Judging by the fact that @packmule3 won't be here for another 2-3 days,:lol:could you maybe explain that part please? I maybe the only one who dint grasp the meaning..=/.

@moonkeeper Curious mind wants to know ,where did you follow @packmule3 :lol:.

Hi @nearsea I will try to explain. I hope my interpretation is correct. I'm sure about "feeling cold" part but still a bit unsure about chopstick. My guess is the reason for both is the same.

Here we go: @packmule3 basically said there :

Spoiler

Oh yeahhhh, re. the chopsticks.  Have people figured out why?  lol.  TK also lied about being cold, too, in Episode 13. How do we know he was lying? Two incongruous things: 

reply%201988%20cold%20ice%20cream_zpsxii

1. DS always feels the cold more than TK does. [Remember that scene when they walked back to her house for dinner? TK wasn’t wearing a jacket, and she told him off. In the next episode 14, she was complaining of the bitter cold when she opened the door, yet TK wasn’t wearing socks. He was sockless, too at his home while his father and DR were all bundled up.] And here, she answers TK that she isn't feeling cold. 

2. DS is eating ICE CREAM. [Sneaky choice of prop there, director! #nicetry #fail #wesawthat] 

I think if you connect the two lies, abusing the chopsticks and feeling cold in Episode 13, you’ll figure out why he does these things. And noooo… I don’t believe he’s being manipulative or clingy.

She showed us little detail that I honestly missed: the fact that Taek was lying to DS about feeling cold in above scene which then resulted in her putting ice cream in her mouth and ZIPPING UP HIS JACKET. 

She argued that Taek is lying about feeling cold because of 2 facts:

1. DS always feels the cold more than Taek does; and 2. She is eating ice cream (in the cold, really?). So @packmule3 wanted to show us the length of efforts that PD did to translate the writer's writing about Taek's sneaky smooth ways to get more attention from DS (?). They showed in previous scenes how DS is more affected by cold compared to Taek, she constantly nagging him to wear warmer clothes/ socks. On top of that, they also gave DS an ice cream to eat in that particular scene to emphasize the fact that it's not that cold, YET Taek said the opposite to DS. We know what happened then after that scene, DS zipped up his jacket and look how happy he is when she does that.

Regarding the reason, I don't know.. maybe I am too slow? Is it just because he wants more attention from DS? What about chopstick? Is it because he has some sort of image to maintain? A way to blend in with the other?

• Like 23

@shooastrid Thank you so much :wub::wub:.So should I take it this way that,he wants to be pampered by deok sun,to have her attention,and also as someone who takes care of him,like his father said,how they've same way of showing attachments to people whom they like/love.Omg I wonder how many more mysteries remain to be solved.As for the reason,if,if these HINTS are really as we're digesting they are,then there MUST be a flashback right? Where we get a look at taek's expressionless face and mind.As the saying goes,'Silent people have the loudest mind.'

• Like 12

1 hour ago, shooastrid said:

Guys, I know some of you are reluctant to go to main thread, so please find under spoiler, another eye-opening (?) observations from @packmule3. Seriously, this calls for marathon watching Reply 1988 tonight :grimace: I agree with her saying that it's a disservice to observe TK merely through a shipper’s pair of distorting spectacles. He’s not what people think he is. 

Reveal hidden contents

Hail to this post! hail to the person who shared it! hail to you @shooastrid! hail to taek! hail to deoksun! hail to this ship! hail to writer-nim! hail to pd-nim! hail to us! hail to everything! *lol :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

super loved the post earlier by @aoikarin haha XD about how DS actually has given "crazy" thought abt marrying taek.. deoksunah, you liar... XD

Spoiler

tumblr_o0adwcJP6Z1uk4jzpo2_1280.jpgtumblr_o0adwcJP6Z1uk4jzpo1_r1_1280.jpgtumblr_o0adwcJP6Z1uk4jzpo3_1280.jpgtumblr_o0adwcJP6Z1uk4jzpo4_1280.jpgtumblr_o0adwcJP6Z1uk4jzpo5_1280.jpgtumblr_o0adwcJP6Z1uk4jzpo6_1280.jpgtumblr_o0adwcJP6Z1uk4jzpo7_1280.jpgtumblr_o0adwcJP6Z1uk4jzpo8_1280.jpgtumblr_o0adwcJP6Z1uk4jzpo9_1280.jpgtumblr_o0adwcJP6Z1uk4jzpo10_1280.jpg

Ahh, you two and your affectionate eyes, making me feel like

tumblr_inline_nds4kjNVZF1sp0964.gif

XDD :heart:

• Like 23

@mellinadear Arasseo :D:D [spelling is borrowed from @gerimisore's last post =P].Thank you a lot :blush::heart:.Now number 4 is quite cleared.But like vampire blood I crave more.Honestly in 'village' thread we had @baduy and now for Reply we've got @PM3 lol lol.So friday went well on the first no-air-week.One week,till next friday.Whatever it is,I'm dying to know what really happened at 1988-94.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, shooastrid said:

Guys, I know some of you are reluctant to go to main thread, so please find under spoiler, another eye-opening (?) observations from @packmule3. Seriously, this calls for marathon watching Reply 1988 tonight :grimace: I agree with her saying that it's a disservice to observe TK merely through a shipper’s pair of distorting spectacles. He’s not what people think he is. 

Reveal hidden contents

Now if you put it this way, isnt it already obvious that Taek is the husband? Becos it make more sense when husband from future grumbled "Why do you spend so much time with the boys?" If Taek has been jealous of the others long before JH had his DS wake up call awareness, surely he(TK) had been worried & annoyed on her casualness with the guys.

Also the future hubby jealousy over the chocolate gift that happens 27years ago implied hubby is clueless abt his wife past crush...and up until ep 16 Taek has no idea abt DS having a crush at any of the boys from their street, and Taek only just find out abt JH's feeling for DS, not the other way around. If the hubby is JH it just didn't make sense he wud make much fuss abt it after 27years when he has known all along tru out the years abt her crush for SW. So I still think its the biggest clue saying Taek is the husband & he didnt know abt SW first hand. It was either he read her diary after they're married or he heard it from a certain bionic ear guy with a huge blabbermouth in one of their reunion/gathering. 

Also why does  the camera focus from TK eye view/pov if he is not the main lead actor/hero?

• Like 22

Me too...everytime I read packmule3's review, I feel like I missed so many things. Which is why I want to re-watch the episodes with new fresh set of eyes. 

Think the PD will give us a whole episode of flashbacks?!?! Please?? Pretty please?  There are so many things we are curious about. 

One more thing...maybe it's DR who's doing the interview. Given that we have this feeling that DR would be in the entertainment industry, wouldn't it be more possible that he's the interviewer? The adult characters seems to be comfortable with the interviewer. Taek ( I meant adult husband :sweatingbullets: ) talked about going for a smoke,  BR was actually smoking, NL was childish, if it was another interviewer, they would have been in their best behavior. 

• Like 15