Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

39 minutes ago, mellinadear said:

I can see that we have trash oppa in out mist. Dear @trashoppaya , you were at the set of R '88.,Were you given a clue on who the husband probably was? Any hints? Lastly, I would love to apologise for hating you so much in R 94. You know how it is. LOL. *kidding*. 

Aigoo, we have our first fanfic on this thread. @libra83 i love it. 

As usual,I love the analysis being made here. 

Lol it's hard to tell bc we don't get to see things from DS's perspective very much. That is why is a bit harder to predict who the husband is. We can't trust the future husband even if he seems similar to JH bc we see that Taekie is very comfortable around DS and is capable of saying similar things future husband would say to DS. 

Now, the one thing that is different from JH and Taekie is the amount of time spent with DS and how comfortable they are around each other. This was the reason I could always tell who the husband was from the last two series. The writer seems to emphasize the comfortibility in relationships or how natural two people are around each other. When you think about it DS has always liked someone who she thinks likes her. But when it comes to Taekie she never hesitates to say she likes him again bc it is natural to her. If all the built up was to reveal that she thinks of him as a brother or good friend it would kill Taekie lol and be really messed up to viewers who believe in their chemistry! X) 

Sorry for the rambling but with 4 eps left and JH and DS barely has any scenes I doubt it is him. Also, she only likes him bc she found out he likes her :P 

• Like 22

17 minutes ago, trashoppaya said:

Lol it's hard to tell bc we don't get to see things from DS's perspective very much. That is why is a bit harder to predict who the husband is. We can't trust the future husband even if he seems similar to JH bc we see that Taekie is very comfortable around DS and is capable of saying similar things future husband would say to DS. 

Now, the one thing that is different from JH and Taekie is the amount of time spent with DS and how comfortable they are around each other. This was the reason I could always tell who the husband was from the last two series. The writer seems to emphasize the comfortibility in relationships or how natural two people are around each other. When you think about it DS has always liked someone who she thinks likes her. But when it comes to Taekie she never hesitates to say she likes him again bc it is natural to her. If all the built up was to reveal that she thinks of him as a brother or good friend it would kill Taekie lol and be really messed up to viewers who believe in their chemistry! X) 

Sorry for the rambling but with 4 eps left and JH and DS barely has any scenes I doubt it is him. Also, she only likes him bc she found out he likes her :P 

exactly. Deok Sun is exactly the kind of person who would (try to) like someone who she knows likes her. That's why I think she hasn't even felt "the real love" feeling--yet. That's when Taek comes into the picture. She's kinda nervous at times around him and doesn't know what to do but also she feels the most comfortable around him. She always chooses him, there's no doubt. Like she said herself "there's nothing that I don't know" about Taek. Which is almost true. The only thing she doesn't know/hasn't realized is that he's been in love with her all this time, kind of admiring her from afar. Not to mention her own feelings towards him! wake up girl! :heart: 

Now there's some really sparkling chemistry between these two that I just can't wait for the moment when they actually get together. :blush::blush::blush:

• Like 16

so what we know right now is that there was a scene of DS giving  food to Bora at hostel and that the future couple comes back in the last 3 episodes....

so the time jump is either *my guess is bolded*

1) start of ep 17 but with flashbacks

2) middle/end of ep 17

3) start of ep 18

In Reply 1997 it was

at the end of ep 12 

and in Reply 1994 it was

mid/end of ep 18 

also song that played after YJ confessed and got rejected in 1997 was O15B’s Now Good Bye.
It’s now time for us to say good bye / with all of our sadness lingering / but one day time will allow us to meet again / It’s a bit unfortunate, but let’s wait until then

which sounds very similar to another song *cough*

also SW narration is so relevant with where DS is at:

“The reason why the teenage years are a stressful period is because we don’t know the answers yet. What I really want. Who really loves me. Who I really love. A period when we go here and there and repeatedly lament to find the right answers. And at the final moment, when we miraculously find the answers to all of our questions, we’ve already become adults giving small and big farewells. So that year’s winter, the entire world was full of farewells.”

-----

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jc0R7JzUvvE 

cute video! love the song used.

• Like 15

I've been lurking in the thread for a while now (I've seriously read through all 121 pages) and thought I'd mention a few things I don't remember being mentioned yet.

First, bringing back the black and white baduk stone thing with Taek and JH someone mentioned before, in ep 6 one of the reporters notes how Taek always does better when he plays with the white stones and I'm pretty sure someone mentioned Taek being white and JH being black. Also JH, assuming he's black, like Taek said, has the advantage, since the viewers saw the start of his crush three-ish episodes before Taekie was even on anyone's radar. I don't know where I'm going with this...so let's just move on XP

Second, the pink gloves vs pink mittens from ep 7 have already been mentioned, but not earlier in the episode when DS says that it's (her manitto) either Taek or JH and that she'd like it if it were Taek. I'm not saying that the writer's hinting that Taek's the hubby, but I mean I'm not not saying it's not a hint that Taek's the hubby

PS @shooastrid I think they're implying that Taek pretends to be worse at using chopsticks than he actually is in order to let people take care of him. Not sure if it's true or not, but it's definitely cute to think about.

If I didn't already chose to board the SunTaek ship, I definitely would've hopped on if I were in the middle because SunTaek shippers are so much nicer. Y'all are so cute and supportive of each other and understanding of other ships.

Edited by MissBelle
  • Like 23

I read somewhere that Hyeri have no chemistry with JH. It is probably this reason why I did not gravitate to their pairing. I've seen swoony JH and he is cute with his feelings but not enough for me to ship them. And I really feel that JH as a character is already very developed in the previous episodes and the writer cannot add anything more without involving the triangle. It is like the moment JH started liking DS and have that angsty realization he can't have her, it is also the time his character stop being interesting and started getting boring. And it is quite weird because I never feel that with the other Reply leading men. I usually have that feeling when it comes to Reply's second leading men. Or all second leading man in general. I understand that JH is 18 and that his first love will consumed his thoughts but where is my JH who played soccer and knockout a bully?  

Sorry. I just want to rant my problem with JH as a character. I'm afraid if I post it in the main thread Ill get attack.

• Like 10

:D packmule3 is gonna get enemies soon for his/her posts. 

While I was reading through, I read this particular line 2 times, " However, viewers, both the clueless and the willfully blind, ignored the hints until Episode 6, when TK’s movie invitation snowballed them right in the face." I just went.."uhm..But I'm not blind tho and definitely not clueless. But if you read it again, She didn't mean it in a condescending tone/way but was tryna say no one really paid attention to what was really in front if us the whole time. I can understand if people find his/her posts "demeaning" , I just say, read it again without that shipper voice in your head speaking to you.

Another part I liked in her post, "It annoys me to see that the scriptwriter has put in so much work on details on the characters, especially TK so he can be a worthy contender and rival of JH in this husband-hunt, yet character analyses of TK are brushed off as delusions or viewed with suspicion here in this main thread. Our understanding of the script is greatly impoverished if we restrict the discussion here only to the presumptive OTP". Finally, someone understands me.

Another that left me scratching my head. "Do people realize that TK LIES about his chopstick skills?"  errrmmm...say what now??? Meaning he knows how to use it properly without being clumsy? Hmmmm...come to think of it, whenever he travels for his games, he gets to eat right? And there will definitely be chopsticks that ain't separated for him to use. Taek is mature when he is abroad. You don't expect his Teacher and the other man(assistant?) To help him with the chopsticks the way his friends do. Again I say, hmmmmmm.

Lastly, "What’s the difference between three blind mice walking into a bar and three blind shippers posting on a thread?" errrrr.....DENIAL DENIAL DENIAL???

P.S: kinda funny that he/she has read comments about his/herself(being either a shipper,TK fan or troll)..lmao.

• Like 16

1 minute ago, mellinadear said:

:D packmule3 is gonna get enemies soon for her posts. 

While I was reading through, I read this particular line 2 times, " However, viewers, both the clueless and the willfully blind, ignored the hints until Episode 6, when TK’s movie invitation snowballed them right in the face." I just went.."uhm..But I'm not blind tho and definitely not clueless. But if you read it again, She didn't mean it in a condescending tone/way but was tryna say no one really paid attention to what was really in front if us the whole time. I can understand if people find her posts "demeaning" , I just say, read it again without that shipper voice in your head speaking to you.

honestly with how condescending jh shippers were in the main thread that most TK clues are delusional theories I find it very hypocritical thing to say..

if @packmule3 post came with that tone in ep 1 time, i would say it is a bit on the harsh side HOWEVER her post is coming after ep 16...when there has been PAGES of JH shippers insulting TK and TK/DS fans. I have seen TK/DS fans write posts in a variety of tones and honestly how many times do we still get called negative things for it?? Like the silence of TK shippers on the main forum has come from how condescending JH shippers have been for 100+ pages. I posted once in the Sun woo bora thread because i love them as well and i came back and already on their 20th page or something I couldnt post anymore because they were attacking TK. 

like we give our thoughts and ask questions about the story on the main thread and we get called crazy and dismissed...yet laying out an essay with pictures *multiple times* is the problem

honestly good job @packmule3, your post was amazing, your PATIENCE is amazing!! ( i made a comment a while back on the fact that TKs face was never shown in the pizza scene so it was awesome how u touched upon that and i didnt feel alone on the observation :3 !!) 

• Like 21

The thing they attack tk is that he is weak, he is always crying & he is always in need of care. It's like are we seeing the same show here? 

I got into a conversation about if tk will know about his dad's remarriage. We disagreed on how TK will handle it. But I am happy episode 16 prove I am right. 

• Like 16

@mellinadearShe even used the word 'dear' and I got the part that the one who questionned her got her point wee bit wrong.Her question was 'ds was also jh's first love'..while packmule3 brought up the notion that 'tk actually had feelings for ds...way back..even before jh'.So I doubt if there was any condescending tone in the first place.End of the day it's just a drama.We still get to breathe if this does not go our desired way. Our life do not depend on this.I don't get the point of pulling people down because of this.It's  shocking how many posts have already been made in the main thread pinching on the same topic.

----

If someone does not like a post they can always look past it and overlook the topic.I've been doing it for weeks already anyway.

• Like 12

2 minutes ago, monsterlife said:

The thing they attack tk is that he is weak, he is always crying & he is always in need of care. It's like are we seeing the same show here? 

I got into a conversation about if tk will know about his dad's remarriage. We disagreed on how TK will handle it. But I am happy episode 16 prove I am right. 

they also thought TK was going to go all "Min" ( from IRY) and confess to DS and attack JH....when most TK fans kept saying he would never do that

and look what happened...

• Like 16

6 minutes ago, mangachickava said:

they also thought TK was going to go all "Min" ( from IRY) and confess to DS and attack JH....when most TK fans kept saying he would never do that

Oh lawdy..the MIN posts pissed me off, I won't lie. it was even on Twitter. I mean...com'on people. I just calmed myself down saying people will see things differently. I watched IRY..Min was a character I cherished (not his psychotic ways tho) and comparing his Character (taek), to min is just....*sigh*

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, mangachickava said:

I don't know why they get his characterization wrong. Their latest theory is that TK do not love DS as a woman but as a mother. I mean c'mon! Your previous theory about DS loving TK as a brother is more plausible. 

They also feel that TK is too cruel not to notice DS distress and just let himself get taken care of. How about JH? He just looked at her! He hesitated to comfort her! He was more cruel to her because the moment he decided to step back he also stop being a good friend.

• Like 16

@libra83

It's a very sweet thought but I went back and checked the arcade score screen and third place was not D.S.. It was just A.A  M.M   C. C 

I think that scene was just to show that Taekie can't bear to lose. Even if it's just an arcade game...  :lol:

And I feel that while Taek is picking up alot on how to express things around him, his thoughts and feelings are still his own... He probably just had no opportunity to 'practice'...  At home his dad is a big but quiet bear, his buddies don't swear in front of him, his baduk club friends and colleagues revere him..  There wasn't really anywhere he could be ' normal ' right? 

We must be careful not to make Taek out to be some kind of cute AI robot who is only doing things becos he observed and picked it up. Lol I feel that patting DS on the head was a calculated move to get her to stop doing it to him, becos he was establishing dominance. And it worked! Lol she subconsciously accepted that he is not a baby anymore and he can even tell/demand her to clear her Saturday for him. 

Just my humble thoughts... :rolleyes:

• Like 17

@monsterlife Chingu I think Junghwan's character intentionally crafted like that to diverse shippers. Taek as unique character already had my attention in his palm but I was still watching Junghwan anyways because if he was husband I needed to see his worth as character and the reason behind stagnant pace. If he is not I still wanted to know reason why they gave him this much screen time and particularly hurt shippers hearts by not giving happy ending to him. So I came to this conclusion. His arc evolved  in last two episode was it too subtle?  I'm not sure... if this was what his shippers expected somewhat it relieved me though ^^ 

• Like 10

i remember when i wrote that i like junghwan and it was ok if he was the husband but that i wanted taek to be the husband. this was when taek hadnt even appeared. wow. i cant believe this little ship grew to be a cruise lol 

also maybe its me but if they do end up together it will finally be 2 brothers getting together w/ the two sisters like reply 1997 should have been had the tragedy not happened :(

• Like 16