Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

Guys..I haven't watch ep.11 I'm just reading the post here... I'm a bit sad and happy at the same time...why becoz nothing is concrete yet.. This is what feel before something bad will happen to Taek that will lead him to date other girls..

and beside if the Pds will give the big hint tom.or if the husband will be confirm by Tom.what the 8 ep. will be shown?many things and twist will happen.. What I guess is Taek will be hurt at this moment bcoz DS is having this crush thing.. They are young and a lot of things happen..

What I guess Taek will back off this time ..and will distant to DS..Taek might date other girls..then DS will missed him and she  might weigh better her feelings between JH and Taek.

thats what I'm hoping will happen..I still believe in fish theory..it's a long courtship..it's means it's not easy road to realized which is which... Taek/DS..^^

• Like 10

30 minutes ago, ilmare said:

sorry i was reading all the comments here and R88 main. i understd that the mums went to fortune teller and SW mum was predicted to have another son, which now likely to be Taek if she and Taek dad marry. but wouldn't that make JJ his step sis? then how can they marry? i rmb reading from DS-SW shipper thread (SW was my 1st hubby choice) that korean society dun allow such marriage. correct?

have not watch ep11, if Taek dad and SW mum really marry then i will be happy for them cos they deserve someone and happiness (esp Taek dad). but if that happens and DS-JH is endgame (heaven forbids), then what will happen to Taekie??? so many comments about how Taek mirror a korean baduk player and JJ will marry Taek eventually. i dun want Taek to get hurt! PD better not any-old-how-last-min bundle Taek off with someone to avoid Chilbong-ing Taek.

I actually think its unlikely that Taek will marry JJ. Even if Taek dad and SW mum didn't marry, it would be kind of strange for him to marry someone that he had already seen when she was a toddler. I think the whole Taek and JJ thing was probably something that fans were speculating but is unlikely to happen, similar to what happened in Reply 1994. A lot of fans were speculating that Baro was gay and that the driver of the red sports car is likely to be Hoya, but in the end it turns out that Baro is not even gay.

I suspect that if Taek is not the husband, he will probably marry someone else, but that person might not even be 11 years younger than him. Because there is no real need for the scriptwriters to follow Lee Changho the baduk player's life so closely, unless the PD/writer is a big fan of Lee Changho?

_____

But separately I'm resigned to my Taektanic fate. The more the episodes go by, the clearer it is that the writers are setting up JH to be the husband. I just hope the writers show Taek all happy and smiley with his future wife. I will be satisfied if I can just see Taekie smiles, they give me a heart a-taek!

Also, I think the writer may deliberately want to put a less well-known actor as the male lead (i.e. Ryu Junyeol). Honestly, outside of the Reply series, many of these actors are unlikely to be ever the romantic male first lead. However, the second lead like Chilbong / Yoo Yeon Seok have had quite okay reception as a romantic first lead. Park Bogum has great potential and marketability, and if he's not the husband, I hope someone can quickly cast him as the male lead in another drama.

Sorry I'm a less optimistic Taek fan, but I'm still a Taek fan at heart. I hope I didn't upset anyone with my slightly less optimistic posts. XD

• Like 6

I only read the live recap on main thread and am actually angry at how they're doing to Taek now, no matter how I try to think of the plot from different POVs, I still can see Chilbong in Taek.

I said I would go down with this ship, nothing can sway that. One more episode and we'll all be clear. Taek wouldn't kiss DS, from the angle, /i think he'd lean on her shoulder, or a peck on her cheek is the farthest move he'd make.

No matter what happens, I want DS to be cut clear, tell Taek she doesn't like him if she really not. And they should stop torturing my Taek, let him have happiness to, give him a girl who understand his pain

• Like 6

@hafunohane   I will try to be nice forgive me if my words come off a bit strong...

Spoiler

I read JHxDS thread in the beginning but as I start to see how people criticized  Taek shippers I quit it. But I remember seeing comments contrarily means   'why they don't make their own thread and keep being delulu there ?' both in main thread and there. So you made one for us for what purpose? And that comment you posted about Chilbong smells hypocrite pardon me. You say you love Taek as character unintentionally  degrading him by comparing him with second lead of other series. I will say this once, JH started off good but now he is nowhere near to be different 'so called main lead' seriously what makes him different when he is cowardly backpedaling for plots sake? Because he is same with YJ? Sorry but hell no to that. YJ was always straightforward with his feelings and he even confessed, his conflict was SW didn't return his feelings. He did back off once but, it's because SW was not obviously in love with him and he did that for his brother unlike JH who fall in love with her for superficial reasons and begins to fall deeper  once his confidence shaken. Mostly shippers  says of course he is being nice to his friends, it okay if that's how you want to see. But actually he is still immature to face this kind of conflict and he is cowardly running away from the girl who obviously feeling something for him.

Thanks, I'm more confident and glad that I'm Taek shipper. I won't be tolerant from now on. Yes I'm not chilbonged before so maybe it won't hurt as much as others but I will promise you(Tkxds shippers) that I will light up your mood if that richard simmons  ever happens again.

• Like 6

For a start tune in here TKxDS shippers I will sit through live streaming and will  be recapping with lines included only for you guys ^^ At weekend I will  take my time to do family-child analysis feel free to join me just to fully digest big part of the show ^^ 

• Like 7

Chill up everyone.....Taek's is not gonna be Chilbong....he is still 18 remember? They still have to make hubby dated many girls before marriage. ..

Anyway I often say SW&BR is modelled after R94 otp...not the same age, girl in college, hubby not girl first kiss

While DS is model after SW of R97. Innocent & naive, 18 years old, first kiss at 18 by a guy she least expected, her closest friend who's also 18 & she beat the he11 out of him after the kiss & their next kiss was 6 years later. ..so I'm not worried too much abt how shock or reluctant DS is gonna be abt the kiss, becos if its Taek, it comes out of nowhere.  She hasn't got the slightest clue of his feeling for her. Obviously she needs to be aware of his manly side first before she can know her true feelings for him and kissing her or trying to is the first move for Taek to make her see his manly side.

As for DS she has to come to Taek on her own term, not because he's the last choice she has,i.e. after losing SW to her sister, and after being rejected by JH after he gave glimmer of hope to her.

DS by nature is a romantic girl despite growing up with the boys. It shows when we see how much she loves romance novels. Also the way she wrote in her diary. So she was hoping, even pining for her own romance. After being dejected by SW, JH gives her a glimmer of hope to experience her own romance.  However it died before it even begin, &; it comes as a big blow to her, even bigger blow than SW because he never lead her on, it just that she misinterpreted his action. JH actually lead her on especially don't go on a blind date thingy but suddenly left her cold & confused. I still believe DS is not in love with JH any more than she is with SW, its just that she's in love with the idea of romance & being in love. Nevertheless JH's action still hurt her, just as SW did.

Also her boyfriend crazed friends are not helping at all after they suggested her guy friends like her, one after the other *roll-eyes*  Even now if DS tell them JH is giving her a cold shoulder,  they might come up with DR is in love with her next!

However I hope Taek really does kiss her tomorrow even she kicks him in the shin afterwards..becos that's seal the deal...also remember Taek is not Chilbong...the bonding between Taek & JH cannot be compared with Trash & Chilbong. How can a lifetime friendship & bonding compares to just  housemates of few years? Just like TW, upon knowing YJ loves SW, also has kiss her way back in high school, he withdraw from the triangle. .

• Like 12

9 minutes ago, lxands said:

Chill up everyone.....Taek's is not gonna be Chilbong....he is still 18 remember? They still have to make hubby dated many girls before marriage. ..

Anyway I often say SW&BR is modelled after R94 otp...not the same age, girl in college, hubby not girl first kiss

While DS is model after SW of R97. Innocent & naive, 18 years old, first kiss at 18 by a guy she least expected, her closest friend who's also 18 & she beat the he11 out of him after the kiss & their next kiss was 6 years later. ..so I'm not worried too much abt how shock or reluctant DS is gonna be abt the kiss, becos if its Taek, it comes out of nowhere.  She hasn't got the slightest clue of his feeling for her. Obviously she needs to be aware of his manly side first before she can know her true feelings for him and kissing her or trying to is the first move for Taek to make her see his manly side.

As for DS she has to come to Taek on her own term, not because he's the last choice she has,i.e. after losing SW to her sister, and after being rejected by JH after he gave glimmer of hope to her.

DS by nature is a romantic girl despite growing up with the boys. It shows when we see how much she loves romance novels. Also the way she wrote in her diary. So she was hoping, even pining for her own romance. After being dejected by SW, JH gives her a glimmer of hope to experience her own romance.  However it died before it even begin, &; it comes as a big blow to her, even bigger blow than SW because he never lead her on, it just that she misinterpreted his action. JH actually lead her on especially don't go on a blind date thingy but suddenly left her cold & confused. I still believe DS is not in love with JH any more than she is with SW, its just that she's in love with the idea of romance & being in love. Nevertheless JH's action still hurt her, just as SW did.

Also her boyfriend crazed friends are not helping at all after they suggested her guy friends like her, one after the other *roll-eyes*  Even now if DS tell them JH is giving her a cold shoulder,  they might come up with DR is in love with her next!

However I hope Taek really does kiss her tomorrow even she kicks him in the shin afterwards..becos that's seal the deal...also remember Taek is not Chilbong...the bonding between Taek & JH cannot be compared with Trash & Chilbong. How can a lifetime friendship & bonding compares to just  housemates of few years? Just like TW, upon knowing YJ loves SW, also has kiss her way back in high school, he withdraw from the triangle. .

Thank you, your post did calm me down a bit, guess I need sub of ep 11 and 12 to fully understand and analyze things

• Like 3

Just wanna hug you all.

i waited a long day in office, running around with paperwork and down down during reading cap of ep11 until the seconds of preview came.

However, I still keep my faith, as you guys here, that Teak will be the hubby. Can not believe a very smart filming team can apply the same situation series by series. There will be another ending for our Teak.

Regarding DS, remember she used to ask No Eul is she deserved to be loved? That's the reason why she easy follow the one she think that "like" her. Don't worry, someday she will find out who could go along with for 27 years.

HOLD HANDS CHINGUS, KEEP FAITH, KEEP SAILING!

• Like 5

@Ixands  Seriously? First kiss seals the deal? I agree it's similar when yj kissed sw it was slow but she didn't back away and in preview Taek slowly holds her arm but she still doesn't react, i see it was just too unexpected for her so can we really expect a kiss? Or preview trolls, but it didn't troll with bed scene ^^

Edit; when short clips come out I will make another YJ, Taek parody beaten by heroine ^^ I swear it was same!! That's makes it three ^^ 

• Like 3

@onlysb1 hi there!

Spoiler

ok so here's the thing... i never even posted or visited JH- DS' thread until after I made this thread. I simply didn't know that there was one. my first visit to their thread was after i reset my soompi account password in order to open up this new thread, which is due to someone's comment in the main thread that many JH- shippers have retreated to their shipper's paradise thread because of TK' shippers. so i made this, and i have statedthe reason why: just to keep things fair. JH-DS has one so why can't the other ship have one? i made it with hopes that more discussion can be picked up and perhaps shared with more people who were reluctant to talk in the main thread. and if you saw my post, i did declare that i am a JHxDS shipper because i love R1997 so, so much and JH smells of YJ (edit: by this i meant he's not YJ's not carbon copy but they have some similarity in their crush progression). i came to love TK after he was given more screentime post the first two episodes. 

and when i compared Taek with CB i said this: " if his consolation prize is a new family and baduk champion then he really is just carbon copy of CB.." and fyi if you watch R1994 and was part of the chilbong ship then you'd know even until the very last episode we still stayed strong because we believe while he may not be the true main lead guy he can still be the MC's hubby because the hints pointed to him as much as they do towards the trash oppa. some hints were brutal like his baseball ball and the house that they lived in being his old house where he used to live...

to my knowledge i've never referred to CB/TK as the second lead, never used the word second lead syndrome etc because in R1994 while it's obvious who the girl likes, the clues and the future scenes were just trolls, written nicely to make us hold hope until the end. CB in the previews, CB in stills, CB in photoshoot.... only to make him end up lonely at the end with no true resolution with his fam, he still remained somewhat an outsider to the boarding house gang because he's always absent, heck they even forgot his birthday at the last episode. and his loveline resolve was just way too underwhelming. 

i stay firm with my opinion that TK is too great of a character to be given the same treatment as CB.. in doing so yes, i have to compare him to CB to make my point because of the way CB was written in R1994. i have high hopes for TK's storyline which is why i posted a rant in the main thread, doesn't mean i have lost hope in his character's progression and ending. so far with 9 episodes remaining the writer can stir us in whichever direction she pleases, right? but i can only work with what i am given, and what i see is that they have been following the same pattern across the reply franchise, the 'other contender' being a genius (1997= computer/tech startup genius, 1994= baseball genius, 1988= baduk genius). as i was just so invested in TK this past one week (i mentioned me rewatching old episodes and i screenshot his hands from episode 7 a few days ago to post in this thread), his lack of screentime seriously made me on the edge and hence the rant on the main thread. 

this is my first thread that i've ever opened, i confessed in the main thread that idk if it's alright that i used their real names as well in the title.. simply because i haven't done this before. and truthfully i enjoy the discussion that has been pouring out of these. we are civil. i don't care if JH-DS thread bash us. i simply bring the discussion they have here to get more thoughts on the matter. and so far we are very nice to one another, not as delusional as some people claimed. all we do is simply the same with them, we analyze and overanalzye. i think one should never assume that making a thread and posting in said thread means i conclude that TK is the hubby. however, i can admit to this: i find myself awww-ing during the cute TK-DS moments too, i'm sure a lot of JH-DS shippers too. TK's smile is so precious afterall. but at the end of the day it's just a drama and i am the kind of audience that fall in love with couples and characters as individuals alike, at the same time, and i'm okay with jumping in between three threads because i love this franchise, i love reading people's thoughts, and i'm sorry if i offend you or anybody else. but if people think i shouldn't comment here because i ship JH-DS then i'll be more than glad to shut up in this thread :) thanks! 

also: if you guys want to go over the other side to JH-DS's thread then you'd see that even though i ship JH-DS i also complained about JH's lack of action. it's the same thing. i know most people can stick to one ship, believe in TK being the hubby, just like I could love TK as an individual and love JH-DS as an endgame. like in R1997, joonhee would be my TK. see i'm comparing joonhee to TK just because, no offense meant in terms of level of importance of his character etc. and i don't believe in some aspects of CB-TK comparison either. let's just say in the main thread they put photos of CB in his baseball cap with TK's caps from ep12 preview side by side. I'd argue about that in which i think the reason why TK is wearing a cap is because he's famous and they were shown eating out... he may be recognized as the baduk player. i try to be careful when comparing them, i always use 'if' but in the occasion that i forget to please know that i also don't want TK to go down the CB route as much as the next hardcore TK-DS shipper does. i hope this clears it up. 

• Like 8

@hafunohane   

Spoiler

Yeah, I really don't get this whole chilbong trauma so thanks for explaining. I'm not saying you sholdn't comment here but your comments still towards JH being husband you know that? It's nice to have different points always! But we can see lot of them  on main thread or we can think it ourselves too. So It's okay as long as you continue to share your comments about Taek and DS here or answer others comments but if you backread JH/DS thread aka lovestruck shippers you will see my point. Same here I didn't mean to offend you ^^

Edit: One more thing

Spoiler

Are you sure that you are not Taek/DS shipper  because you are afraid to be chilbonged again? Think about it carefully because I know some people really like that and its understandable after your comment ^^ If thats the case come here we will heal you dear^^ 

• Like 5

So taek still has no idea that jh likes deok sun? =/.I don't have much hope on this anymore.I still just checked the preview lol to see the kissing scene,but there's this scene where taek is saying something derogatory,which is a wonder,coming from taek.So maybe I still have a tiny bit hope on that.But what's disturbing me is that deok sun is getting interested in jh,solely on the fact that he is the first boy she thinks that is giving her attention? So there is no specific factor in that which makes it awe struck or special as an otp.I mean I tried to fall for jh-ds,but I could not for pity's sake lol,wish I could.But with taek,because he's so different that it makes me cheer for him,and I wish that deok sun looks at him in a different way than the way she takes him in regard.That boy<man transformation would be amazing to watch on screen.And somehow jh with his disappointing looks at ds looks a bit chilbong-ish to me =/.Where in taek comes off way more confident and happy about his love.I can't even imagine how they're gonna depict the heartbreak he's going to have once he gets to know about the whole ds-jh arc..=/.And for now I don't want jin joo to be his last solace,as she's not even in the picture yet.

Anyway @lxands are you sure about the first kiss seals the deal for husband? As far as I remember chilbong kissed na jung first on reply'94,by some road side waiting for bus or something? But I could be wrong here.I just can't recall trash kissing or confessing anything to na jung for long.

--

About the tension in the threads,just want to say one thing.If I watch any dramas with a friend,she and I could have different opinions and still talk sanely about what traits attracted us and what dint.Sometimes our choice match,sometimes they don't.Though strangely we shared kind of same choice always lol,but sometimes they differed.Like for the drama temptation I simply could not take that the husband would intentionally let himself go to the other woman and made the choice to stay with her.I could not just  buy it that the wife was not for him.But my friend kind of saw the drama from the other woman's pov,and she thought she understood her reason.But for 'oh my ghost' we both wholeheartedly fell for the ghost and just dint get why the chef would fall for the meek woman when it was the ghost which made him interested in the first place.My points in saying all of this is end of the day we all have different reason for preferring someone over the other,but it can still remain sane and friendly.The bashing or the mildly or demeaning tone sometimes make it difficult to get interested to comment in the first place.

Edited by nearsea
  • Like 5

@onlysb1 hahaha you are so sweet! thanks! 

--- 

@nearsea the written preview did say that TK doesn't have a clue about JH's freelings and hence he began to approach DS which we all know is kind of misleading... so let's just hang around and see if TK really does not know or if he's actually more observant than we and his friends give him credit for. and yes, CB kissed najung first in R1994. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, hafunohane said:

JUST A FEW HOURS AWAY FROM EPISODE 11!!!

I'll be trying to watch it live... if the streaming works. Anyway, here are some gifs of SeonTaek from episode 10 :rolleyes: (credit: prkbgm.tumblr.com) 

tumblr_nz4ha4NArA1rj3x1bo3_r1_400.giftumblr_nz4ha4NArA1rj3x1bo9_r1_400.gif

tumblr_nz4ha4NArA1rj3x1bo8_r3_400.giftumblr_nz4ha4NArA1rj3x1bo10_r4_400.gif

tumblr_nz2f7ylzPh1spfigfo1_400.giftumblr_nz2f7ylzPh1spfigfo2_400.gif

tumblr_nz2f7ylzPh1spfigfo5_400.giftumblr_nz2f7ylzPh1spfigfo6_400.gif

This is just pure joy.

@hafunohane Thanks for opening this thread. Just like you,I have been reading all shippers thread. I find it fun. Being a neutral shipper,it gets annoying whenever I see comment of DS-TK shippers being delusional. Duh,everyone can get delusional with ships,its normal but when it reaches the point of trying to justify or make your ship look good,that I find annoying. 

• Like 7

@nearsea. That's why I call you guys chingudeul ^^ Because with friends you can be open each other knowing you won't be offended  that easily. That's exactly why you can create healthy discussion in complexity, no? I like being here because of that. I said what is in my mind honestly to @hafunohane here not in main  thread and I added it's comes off unintentionally, I understand that. I'm glad I did it now I get Chilbong thing thank you again ^^ But in main thread we need to keep things in moderation, so it becomes sarcastic most of the time which is more irritating. I think you can guess how much of comments I ignored because of this PBG equals fan girls criticism. I don't want to talk back to the people over there  even though I know they're targeting me in their comments, because nobody obligated to read such debate. I will give winner Taek hugs to the TK/DS believers  and give DS back hugs to the JH is husband believers :D

• Like 7

Spoiler

• DS: Eat it before it gets cold.
  • TK:Ok.
  • DS: If it gets cold, it will taste bad.
  • TK: ...
  • TK: Deok Sun-ah...
  • DS:It's Soo Yoon(?)
  • TK:Who is Soo Yoon?
  • DS: Me. I'm Soo Yoon. You shold call me Soo Yoon from now on, so I can go to the college
  • TK: (lol)
  • DS: Did you just laught at me? 
  • TK: No, are you crazy?
  • DS: Watch what you say! I'm being too nice to you these days.
  • TK: Ok (lol)
Spoiler

• TK: Hey, Deok Sun-ah..
  • DS: It's Soo Yoon. You ignorant!
  • TK: Yeah, Soo Yoon-ah, I want coffee.
  • DS:....
  • TK: Just like you made last time.
  • DS: ....Ok. Go on, do what you have to do. Go on!
  • TK: Soo Yoon-ah! I want water.
  • DS: Sigh...
  • TK: Soo Yoon-ah!
  • (They talk about Taek's behavior. )
  • SW's Mom: How he behaves towards to the girl he likes?
  • TK's Dad: Plays coy. He usually demands things which never does it to the stranger, he behaves humble. (Meanwhile he does same thing to SW's Mom, lol. That's explains why he knows Taek likes DS. Hmm he is also observant^^)
Spoiler

• TK: I want lukewarm water.
  • DS: Ya! Go get it yourself! Do you like it? Take this!
  • TK: It hurts! It hurts!
  • DS: Look, there is a cattle! Just heat it youself!
  • TK: I get it. You're really heavy-fisted.
  • DS: Hey...
  • TK: Hm?
  • DS: Plug.
  • TK: Hee...
  • DS: Geez...Give it to me.
  • TK: No need, I can do it.
  • DS: Aigoo...(Ouch!)
  • TK:...nosebleed...
  • TK: Well, Deok Sun-ah..
  • DS: It's Soo Yoon.
  • TK: Yeah, Soo Yoo-ah...Take a nap...I will keep playing(baduk)

This is all for Taek and DS. Do you need translation? I can give it a try^^ So let's analyze how much of this natural or is it out of character or is it fishy?

Edit: Oh wait I need to keep my promise! I will be back with gifs^^

• Like 15