Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

How do spams get published here? *Rolling eyes. @hafunohane Can you get any better? I had a moment of enlightenment then and there lol.Yeah in any case,there would be three family: sung parents,choi father-son,sun woo-his mom.This totally benefits our bias.All these time we witnessed how the major screen times are always there for Sung household,tk's father's workplace/the clock shop [Symbol:Time,again a metaphor?],and sunwoo mom's struggles.It's no wonder that they're the main fix of this drama.This do make me wonder where does that place jh mom-dad? =/ How do they fit into the bigger picture? =/

• Like 8

He bit his lip!!! Back in ep 6 when he came home and they were all lined up at the door, he watched DS put away her jacket and as he watched her he bit his bottom lip!!!! Right before he hugged her! ! Also, pay attention to the baduk announcement.  It totally is predicting future events. Maybe in how many people doubt that Taek is the husband. 

• Like 9

@Meliere Wonderfully analytical rebuttal. So nice to have you back! I hope the recent shipping war debacle won't turn you away from Soompi in the future.

You have no idea how often I've nodded and grinned along to Yvian's comments on DB about "imprimatur first leads", etc. long before I visited this thread ^_^. There was a positive dearth of TK analysis there, let alone deeper insight into the narrative elements; I'm so glad we have this space here to discuss the brilliance of his character and the writer's own ingenious craft. Because only a forum space like this could invite such active discussion, live speculation, and detailed analysis with input from everyone, do stay, & write on!

Btw, guys, the Dramabeans Ep 18 recap has exceeded 700 comments!!! When was the last time a drama became this popular? Daebak.

• Like 18

49 minutes ago, salz said:

i have no regret reading this at almost 4am and need to force myself waking up early but it worth it

@salz good going :D.Add to that my mom's fierce looks when she caught me sneaking onto my laptop at late nights.Wait does rule no 10 of soompi work for shippers thread too? =S

----

@Yesin Lee Maybe you could pm the links to @taeken4lyf ? Sharing links on public is kind of against the rules I guess =S =/.

• Like 7

You guys!!! Episode 7 already revealed that SW and BR would get married. During secret Santa it was said that if you get each other, it's fate.  Then JB and NE began chanting "get married". Since DR got himself  lol I hope he won't be forever alone. Was it ever revealed who DS got? We knew TK had her. Hmmm....

• Like 8

@Meliere 

Awesome rebuttal you have there.  Blue had a some really good points, but I especially agree with you about respecting DS' pov.  That's where Reply 1988 becomes a matter of perspective, and why we see such varying opinions from the audience..  Some people think JH is the main character, but I agree he's more the audience surrogate.  To some, the drama revolves around him and his place in the love triangle (no joke, this is argued a lot), but I think DS is the main character and whose POV is the one we should be following.

DS is very special to JH if you watch if from his pov, but if you watch it from DS' pov you can see how all of her friends have a special place in her world, and JH isn't any more special than anyone else so far. He's not the only person she bickers with, he's not the person she cares about the most, he's not her first crush, first kiss or first person she couldn't sleep thinking about.  He's not "first" for anything.  He's special, but from his POV she is much more special than if you look at it from HER pov. That's why some see that Taek could win, and while JH fans think it's impossible for anyone but him to win. The odds are in both guy's favors, and again it depends who Deok-Sun loves and nothing else.  So it really depends on whose POV you follow.  

• Like 22

It's unfortunate that the MT has been place of the most commonplace remarks and the shippers thread is excelling in regards of analyzing the content of the drama.Whenever I visit the main thread there are posts like the writer has been biased towards tk,the story has gone upside down,this is due to PBG's rising popularity.But people are missing the fact that this is not a conventional kdrama.No kdrama so far has made a story and given oddballs like jungbong or kim sung kyun an arc of their own.I mean till now all of the characters are given equal footage and equal importance,even when everyone was dying to know what would happen to tk-ds-jh.I guess this is the excess baggage of popular dramas like reply'88.No matter how many times we will get insightful and thoughtful posts/analyses/write ups,someone out there will always be present to splash water over all our excitement/zeal..=/.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, mariichii said:

You guys!!! Episode 7 already revealed that SW and BR would get married. During secret Santa it was said that if you get each other, it's fate.  Then JB and NE began chanting "get married". Since DR got himself  lol I hope he won't be forever alone. Was it ever revealed who DS got? We knew TK had her. Hmmm....

DS got JH.But it was needed maybe for development of the story.That's  why we got the comparison of the mitten vs gloves in the first place.JH got tk,tk got ds.

• Like 7

@Meliere. This ship gonna be legend...wait for it...dary! Legendary!! Reading that post only answer I'he came up with  ”Reply universe doesn't resolve around Junghwan only  if one ever try to look at others.” But since I can't support my argument I'm glad you did!

Also I have different approach about Junghwan that I was hesitant to reveal for a while. It hit me after confession and similes Deok Sun and Junghwan shared. Deok Sun loves Taek the same exact way Junghwan loves her. Junghwan'd chosen to lock his feelings in his heart because for him being secret admirer was  enough. Till other boys shows up to sprite her away. Junghwan labeled his love interest as ugly and foolish. What if it was because his very own inferiority? Why he freaks out every single time she is too close to him instead of taking advantage of it? Could  it be he get used to watch her from afar he tries to block his teenager instincts. Maybe I'm looking  too much into it but I've been thinking Deok Sun is Taek's admirer in her own way and this is different from being care-taker imo. Her resolution in the beginning of ep 17 kinda supports this argument. I'm not good collector so @hafunohane if you think this is worth to look into it you can pin point JH--->DS and DS---->Taek parallels.

Also Dong Ryong apart from being MVP lol he is another key point to distinguish where Deok Sun's affection lies. Like I said before Deok Sun is harmonious girl  so she has different dynamics with everyone.  Bickering with Junghwan and Dong Ryong slightly differs as being verbal-violent  type but her last reaction always same glaring.  So one can not say she only glares to Junghwan because she does care how he thinks of her no. Comfortable with Taek and Dong Ryong also slightly differs as  same wavelength(DR)-familiarity (Taek). Her reaction laughing together. So one can not say she loves being around Taek more. BUT our wise MVP  has spoken  ”Do you love me more or Taek?"

Taek.

That's it from me ^^

• Like 23

OMG is episode 16 title Life is Ironic? Suddenly occurred to me just my thought about the wallet scene, is it possible that Deoksun saw the picture? and then we will get a flashback later on? because u know life is ironic and even though it's not in her personality to look at the wallet maybe she's tempted/curious about it, or just to see how much money is in the wallet haha jk. So, maybe that's why her reaction when JH propose is like that she kinda know about it and just keep quiet to save the friendship. Also, the writer can also show us that maybe just maybe she already know Taek feeling's for her that's why she keeps quiet about the kiss and it's not a dream to save their FRIENDSHIP. This is just my speculation haha, cause they seem to emphasize the importance of that wallet scene it's also in the preview. Also, I cannot get it out of my mind what Deoksun said in the preview that "WE'RE FRIENDS." It can go like this: 1. Deoksun said we're friends referring to JH/Taek just to save the friendship (like we're all friends and I'm not choosing) 2. We're friends but I have feelings for you maybe "more than friends" what should I do? 3. Taek confessed and she hesitated and she's confused too because she doesn't want to hurt her other friend so even though she likes Taek she cannot answer directly (like she needs time to think about it) u know it's complicated because their friendship r deep (probably she doesn't want to hurt anyone). 

28 minutes ago, mariichii said:

But If I remember it correctly Deoksun got JH and Taek got Deoksun :bawling:

• Like 2