Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

I dont know, but I want to ask ( this particular scene keep bugging me), if I ask in MT I dont know what will happen T_T. So I just ask here.

During the scene 2015, the cafe play Lee Seung Hwan song, DS said even now they still listen to Lee Seung Hwan songs, and have Lee Seung Hwan album(?) collection. Considering on what happen in episode 18, will JH still listen to Lee Seung Hwan if he is the husband? If TK is the husband than it is plausible for the couple to still listening to Lee Seung Hwan, sentimental value. If the husband is JH? isnt it weird if he listening to Lee Seung Hwan songs? 

Thank You

• Like 18

I kept my face neutral during ep 18, but when the scene of Junghwan's ring faded, and they begin to show JH-DS's moments, my eyes got teary :bawling:

@kentangbakar: I think at least for now we can be assure about Lee Seung Hwan, not only Taek and DS attended his concert (that can be counted as the date which started something new for them), but also Taek has a collection of LSH tapes in his room. Meanwhile, in JH's car, there're only Lee Moon Sae's tapes

• Like 15

There is some of my points after watching Ep 17,18 with sub.

- DS introduced her colleague to Mr Assitant at the Baduk Institute, so she could know everything about Taek at the Institute via talking with her colleague?

And vice versa, Taek also knew all the thing about Duk Sun because look like Mr Assistant in the same way?

Then the film Forrest Gum, did he watch because he knew Duk Sun also watched it?

- He tries to drive the car but for what? Because Duk Sun usually got drunk and he wants to send her to home?

- When Jung Hwan drove Duk Sun to the garthering place, she kept looking at the Beeper, did she give her number to Taek and ask him to send message to her after the concert?

- After the Lee Seung Hwan concert, to the current scene with adult Duk Sun, there is old song were played and she found that LSH song and she said she usually listen to this at home. If, the ending game is JH, it should be Lee Moon Se.    Why? 

Because their first concert was Lee Moon Se and even in his car at 1994, DS found that all of LMS's tapes, can he change? 

( but I love this point of JH, because he kept all the memory of her many years and their is a very common way of loving someone, love all the thing related to them)

And the way Taek appeared at concert Lee Seung Hwan is it the same with the way PD nim named him on the hunting game? 

It likes, when Mr Assistant was talking with his girlfriend and Taek passed by with emotionless face and after that we saw a whole process of Jung Hwan was running to the concert speedily but who arrived first? Uri Taekie.

The first snowing day scene had the same way. Eventhough there is no showing of Taek during the talk between Duk Sun and Seon Woo, but finally, who pulled Duk Sun out of sadness? Uri Taek. ( And pulled us to his ship too....)

So, Episode 6 is the starting of Taekitanic.

Episode 3(triangle,too)*6=18 gave another step.

I posted too long. Back to watching the kiss scene. Aigoo...can't count how many times I did it.

Need a sleeping pill.

Taekie ah, if DS didn't allow you to use the pill, pass to me haaaa!!!

• Like 23

2 hours ago, Monika Sutanto said:

Hi. I'm a silent lurker here. Sorry for my bad english. I make this account coz i can't hold to share my comment.

When the first time i watch the junghwan confessions scene. What come to my mind is just like the story from chinese movie : you're the apple of my eye.

If my memories isnt wrong. In that movie the lead guy cant get the girl coz he's not brave to say his feelings like junghwan. And that expression of Deoksun when she heard junghwan confession just like 'yeah i know that too..wish u can say it faster..coz tomorrow i'm going to get married with the guy i love'

Thats it!! Just like that movie when the lead boy cant say to his friend that he like the girls and finally the girl is upset because she thinks the guy is not sincerely like her. Even though JW finally confessed but he turns it to be just a joke..it's very dissapointing. Why he cant just be brave and admit it all. Or maybe the writer trolling for another plot twist?? Im very sure but at the same time im not sure too

Forget me if i'm too biased and my long comment. #teamtaek lol

Me too, i feel like the writer might be trolling us again. But at the end of the scene, it is clearly seen that the ring is in Jung hwan's side, whereas when he confess, i reckon he gave the ring to Deoksun. So, maybe DS has reject him?

Ahhh... Still 5 days to go!!!

• Like 4

**edit: both songs are already on the TK DS playlist on the first page, if anyone else is wondering:) :D**

Guys, kind of out of topic here (ok not really), but does anyone know the song for ep 17 during the kiss and bridal-style TKDS scene?

I've been shazam-ing both, but it always comes up with an entirely different song :( i really really love those two songs.. would really appreciate it if anyone has youtube links to the songs!

although this is so far my favourite track (because it reminds me of the beautiful friendship of this neighbourhood)  

Edited by baduknoob
  • Like 7

wow you guys never fail to amaze me with your CSI skills.. to all those who contributed in analysis and keeping the spirit up in this thread you guys are the best!!

thank you @moonkeeper for sharing @packmule3 awesome anysis and deduction..

kudos to the writer rhe PD and the whole production team of R88 for their attention to details.. even Tk's mannerisms (scratching his cheeks) has been done by the future hubby as well.. makes me feel like I am watching detective conan or young kendaichi lol

• Like 14

Hello, I have been a silent reader for awhile and finally decided not to be silent anymore hehehe. Joined this ship since episode 6, and enjoyed reading all your theories here. There's something I wanna ask though

Since the negative response from knetz and other ship are so big, is there a possibility that the writer might change the endgame? Well, I get a little confidence from the last two episode that this ship can sail hehe thanks!

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Trysiani Vania said:

Hello, I have been a silent reader for awhile and finally decided not to be silent anymore hehehe. Joined this ship since episode 6, and enjoyed reading all your theories here. There's something I wanna ask though

Since the negative response from knetz and other ship are so big, is there a possibility that the writer might change the endgame? Well, I get a little confidence from the last two episode that this ship can sail hehe thanks!

There was an article a couple of days ago that said the husband has been determined :)

http://www.soompi.com/2016/01/08/duk-suns-husband-is-determined-on-reply-1988-as-filming-continues/

• Like 7

3 hours ago, syaiira said:

Okay this kinda sent shivers down my spine....i read this at DC.

But if we were to look back in episode 1.

During this scene:

zbmaOvh.jpg

Junghwan sent Taek away to go grab them something.

And then the clock strikes 6....

jgrdd4J.jpg

Everyone's attention went to the clock. 

Then at that moment when the clock strikes 6....

jSCCsBA.jpg

jF289dn.jpg

Taek entered his room.

So it was like the PD was trying to hint that everyone should focus their attention on the 6th episode because a big twist is gonna happen.

And we all know that in episode 6, it was the iconic phone call scene of Taek asking Deoksun out to watch a movie.

So literally Taek entering his room at 6 o'clock = Taek entering the picture as a husband contender in episode 6

*shivers*

6 is now my favorite number  6 o'clock = Taek = CHOI TAEK 6 DAN  is the husband so keep an eye on this boy's character  development ;)

Episode 18 remarks :

Did the boys go to the army...if it's not the case then our otp may be on hold for a moment .__. even though I want them to be together 
I feel like they shouldn't reveal their relationship right after Junghwan's confession :/ I'd like them to wait until he completely get rid of
his lingering feelings so that all of them stay comfortable with each others ><

Right after Junghwan's confession I noticed a lot of people saying that Dongryeong and Sunwoo really took junghwan's confession as a joke but I don't think so...DR,SW realised that it was THE REAL THING the guy was truly confessing it's just that they didn't want Doksun to be uncomfortable...they wanted to erase the awkwardness and went with the flow as Junghwan's retrieved and made it out to be a joke >< I feel like they didn't want to embarass their buddy T_T
Although Doksun understood everything she went with the flow too...she matured a lot.

I still wanna know if the boys ever asked Taek why he didn't confess to Doksun in the past and if he forgot about her ...

• Like 14

57 minutes ago, libra83 said:

I posted too long. Back to watching the kiss scene. Aigoo...can't count how many times I did it.

Need a sleeping pill.

Taekie ah, if DS didn't allow you to use the pill, pass to me haaaa!!!

Amaazing post...You sure spotted out all the right clues! 

Ah..count me in ...I've been replaying the bridal run + the kiss scene all day long ..Also with the false hope that I might be a helping hand to @Phuong Tam Nguyen's ongoing CSI investigations.But in vain,I've tried to look for the exact dimension of TK's mat' and to what nooks and corners DS might stumble to fall upon his scanty bed and turn out lying in that exact 90 degree position...=SS.

• Like 13

2 hours ago, alayna said:

I saw this comment in DB,

" Apparently in January of 1995, S. Korea had an incident where several fighter jets collided in mid air during training and several pilots died. This is the same base that JH is stationed in…… Maybe this is the turning point for DS, wherein she thinks JH is dead/hurt and realizes how much she cares about him, kinda like Najung and Trash in the last episode of 1994."

Interesting... so are they going to use flight accidents for DS to choose who she loves more? Maybe we'll get a flashback on her reaction during Taek's flight crashed scene.

Oh boy! Who are these people coming up  with these ideas *roll-eyes*

Excuse me...this is a Reply series, not Winter Sonata for heaven sake! This is a heartwarming family rom/com... There won't be any tragedies in the series,  especially not very late in the series. The last 2 episodes will focus only on the revelation, execution & romance of the otp.

Was it so hard to accept PBG was decided as the main male aka Hyeri leading man since long before the drama started, as has been published in news & reported the entertainment news on TV. JRY name was never mentioned until much later...it has always  been PBG & GKP

ii1.jpg

reply-1988.jpg

Check out more on the FIRST PAGE of MT.

I wonder if those people watching the same drama...The same JH confession scene? 

The one with DS looking at the door every time someone open it BEFORE JH confession came out of nowhere (for DS) and AFTER his confession she kept on looking at the door! ...well to put it bluntly she was just not interested in JH's confession. Sure she was touch with the confession,  even grateful  that JH thinks highly of her but she is sorry she cant return his feeling becos she wants to be with someone else, whom she's hoping/waiting to walk tru that door.

Also do remember the story was brought to us from DS & her husband pov. Wud she include Taek's wet dream of HER in the interview if he is not her husband? Will JH be ok with it if he's the hubby? Is he that generous? So far notice there's nothing told or share abt DS & JH that isnt appropriate or out of line. Even the JH-DH bedscene was told in an innocent way. That JH who's half asleep walking into his room forgetting the Sung sisters were using it. Even so he stayed for a moment as she beg him to go to concert with her & that's it, he went back to his assigned bed.

• Like 21

@Betsi Soma

yeah at first when i watch i thought they really took it as a joke but after watching couple time and read their face i think they definitely know it real deal but they act fast after their shock playing along to make it as joke just like JH want...same with DS she know it real and i think she is glad knowing the truth since it one of the thing bothering her in the past about JH feeling finally she get the answer but at same time it in the past for her..the confession don't change how she feel for Taek judging after that she still focusing more on waiting for Taek to come rather than get affected by the confession even JH sense she keep looking at the door..the ring left behind meaning it the end for them..

DR is very wise and SW the one can tell that eyes can't lie so it possible they know it real based on how JH say it and his expression but since they are all mature adult now and smarter they deal in good way without make thing even more awkward and just act like normal...for them their friendship is what matter the most..

JH&TK playing noble to save the friendship even both of them remain awkward alone but they are still like normal whenever the 5 are together which show how special what they have and can't be broken easily...even JH&DS finally able to act like normal again when he drive her and joke around after years of being awkward...i hope to see JH and TK to patch thing up as well...

btw it better not to quote image since we don't want to get more warning from the mods :P 

• Like 16

9 minutes ago, lxands said:

I wonder if those people watching the same drama...The same JH 

Sorry for cutting for post. 

I always asked myself the same question everytime I read comments somewhere else..  are we watching the same drama? lol.. but then I accepted that people are different from each other and.. ignorance is a bliss..  that's why I really appreciate neutral views or opinion from those who ships the writer.. 

• Like 8