Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

@lovelyrainy since I don't speak korean, I can't help you with the translation so if the translation is correct then why in the early interview when NL came, she mention about children, i forgot the exact words but "you will wake up the children" (please correct me if I'm wrong).. Also if the translation is correct then the reason maybe because SW and BR marriage.. I don't know how people will react when they found out about the famous baduk player married his sister in law especially in 90s..

• Like 8

About the comparison between YJ confession in R97 and JH in R88..

1. In R97 the confession happen before the time jump.. And SW didn't know how she feels before the time jump.. During the confession she listen to him carefully and sad after that

2. R88 JH confession happen after time jump.. If the next two episode we're going to have another time jump then maybe he still has a chance..DS reaction is calm and she can't stop stare on the door which mean she was distracted.. DS already knew what her heart wants, before and after the time jump just like NJ in R94, so no matter how beautiful JH confession, he can't change her mind..  

• Like 21

11 minutes ago, Wendy Wang said:

Dramabeans recap is up and in the present scene, Deok Sun told her husband to stop reading manhwas for the sake of his image,and they are doing an interview because of the husband. It's taek. The husband is 100% definitely Taek. I mean, Junghwan is in the Air Force, why would he have an image to protect and why would anyone interview an air force pilot...?

So, right now we can say DR is obviously out of the husband hunt? Since there is very-very-limited-almost-zero-chance for a reporter to interview a restaurant waiter and his wife, unless the restaurant is very successful. :grin:

• Like 9

HEY YOUS GUYS!!! LOOK AT WHAT I FOUND! A FANFIC!! *GASP* I'm only a few chaps in, so I'm not sure how it ends, but it's so beatifully written and I can just *see* the emotions just like I'm watching the episodes and I'm just THERE again. In the feels. In the deep end of it too. I hope it's okay that I shared this. 

https://www.wattpad.com/200986690-the-answer-an-answer-me-1988-fanfiction-author's

EDIT:  I got ahead of myself.  I guess it's a sunken ship sails sort of fan fic. Bah. 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, minibunny said:

About the comparison between YJ confession in R97 and JH in R88..

1. In R97 the confession happen before the time jump.. And SW didn't know how she feels before the time jump.. During the confession she listen to him carefully and sad after that

2. R88 JH confession happen after time jump.. If the next two episode we're going to have another time jump then maybe he still has a chance..DS reaction is calm and she can't stop stare on the door which mean she was distracted.. DS already knew what her heart wants, before and after the time jump just like NJ in R94, so no matter how beautiful JH confession, he can't change her mind..  

True!!! She was calmed... She was not shocked!!! haha I re-watch JH confession again and it is TRUE, DS was not shocked and was not bothered :) ... 

• Like 5

Back in R94, I was in team Chilbong for the whole time, our shippers keep believe till the last ep that in the very last moment, NJ will realize that the love of her life is Chilbong, not Trash. But the result as everyone knows. NJ just love Trash from the begining but we were too blind to ignore that fact. But in R88 is totally a different case, DS crush SW and JH when she thought they like her but after that she moved on so quickly. Cause you know, they're not her Mr.Right. Tbh from begining I thought JH is the husband, but the way they show Taek-DS deeply relationship, Taek's personality, how kind he is for those annoy reporter, how cool professional he is during the competition. I know I finally see our main lead. Cause guys, there's no need to waste too much time to describe 2nd main lead like this. As some one said before, Chilbong is the great character but he just lived due to the love for NJ, we just saw him when he show the love for NJ. But Taek has his own story, career and the wonderful love for DS :blush:

Moreover since PD said that this season wont have husband hunt (actually it has lol) so I think ep 18 is the end for this hunting and last 2 ep will focus on family, such as maybe mama Kim is pregnant, Sung appa's illness (nooooo), ot5 friendship, how SW-BR get back together, JB-Man Ok's romantic love, how Taek DS date :heart: ... Enough to full 2 ep right. So I dont think there will be another plot twist that DS realizes that she like JH. 

Dont worry chingu ya. Just enjoy our ship :blush:

• Like 18

Okay, so to keep the thread stays positive for the ship, let's do a recap (sorry if i sounded like a broken record about this, lol) :

Spoiler

Deducing Taek as the Future Husband: 101

1. Let's start with the obvious one, future husband is left-handed. Taek is. Junghwan is not, so far. Husband also wear thin layer of clothes, and Deoksun keep reminding him to wear more, similar to our Taek of course.

2. Future husband smokes. Taek smokes. Junghwan doesn't, so far, moreover he might think smoking as a symbol of 'bad guy', furtherly makes him seems more reluctant to take on smoking habit.

3. How could Taek knows about the chocolate? And how does he know about DS getting rejected by Sunwoo on first snow? Well, Taek and Sunwoo are brothers now. He could ask SW about how he confess to Bora the first time, and SW will tell him what happened that night, including how DS react toward SW too (since i think SW is still clueless about DS feeling toward him at that time). Since Taek is always looking at DS, i think he can put one and one together seeing how DS treat SW the next following episodes. He know at some point of time DS likes SW, but he don't know if SW is the first love or not. The clue of SW being the first love is on DS postcard to the radio show, which only JH read. So, even if Taek read's DS diary, he won't know that the first love that DS write there (and the one she gave chocolates too) is SW, hence he still question her about that.

4. The clue about the 1988 and 1989 College Music Fest. Taek goes with the gang to the 1989' college music festival, but he didn't watch the 1988' one, hence he only recalls about the 1989 one. Future Deoksun ask him who did he bring to watch the 1988 one, means he's not with her watching the show, where literally everyone watch it together with DS outside Taek.

5. The future scene with No Eul together. I said about this too before, the scene of three of them together is shown similarly to how the scene on the beginning of episode 14 unfold. The joke about No Eul old face that keep getting younger, also the way DS treat her little brother caringly.

6. Future DS ask the husband about all the girls he dated before the marriage. Our latest episode shows Taek tries a ot of blind date with all kind of girls, only to get rejected by all of them due to his inept personality. 

6. The photo scene with the husband. Future DS says he looks happy in the photo, Taek smiles happily in the photo. Future husband says DS is pretty at that time, which Taek also said to DS during the photoshoot. Lots of details is written already about this by our other talented roommate @Phuong Tam Nguyen:)

7. From the latest future scene, DS calls the interviewer as Unnie (IIRC), and husband greet the interviewer as they are seem to be acquianted. Remember Choi Taek fan club's president Ms. Park Ji Yoon? I think it's her. 

8. Future DS says the husband usually don't like interview, like how we all lead to believe Taek doesn't like it too. 

I think there are lots of other things about the future scene that i missed here, feel free to add more! I believe at the end of the day, there won't be a single thing in the future scene that couldn't be related to Taek, even if it's still not given to us directly now.

Stay positive guys! :heart:

• Like 19

at this point i don't even care anymore what pro-jh dramabean(they have been pro-cb before and now jh and i can say we have very different taste so i never want to read their bias opinion as a recap site:P) knetz&their shippers say and think (they remind me too much of aggressive cb shipper back in the days where they ignore the girl feeling and only focus on the guy)

it is their problem turning their eyes blind torturing themselves being too over confidence that the higher you get the harder you fall so no matter how many fact thrown to their faces they will find a way to say it invalid&writer being bias even it untrue and the clues have been there since as early as ep2 lol..the fact she narrates the first time meeting taek after getting question in 1st ep how she meet her husband pretty much already the answer beside the infamous many wedding joke start with ds propose to tk,cutting the cake,bridal way,honeymoon kind of night,morning after and many wedding reference only involving taeksun lol....and the one i wait if jh ever gonna have a bonding with ds family especially her dad having one on one talk never ever happen but guess who Taek already done that long time ago and we know in reply world in important to have that future father in law bonding...

sadly they are brushing off the moment of realization of jh that he have miss the timing&being disrespectful to JH himself....

the man have did his best&obviously that confession is his last try that he didn't care he do in front of his two friend&finally let go of his pride for once in his life betting on that one chance....and he is also reading DS reaction there if she have shown that she does like him too he wouldn't turn it into joke but from what he saw is DS obviously distracted since beginning&keep waiting for someone to arrived through the door...and her reaction to his confession is mostly grateful&she also relieved he turn it into a joke...for me at that exact moment they both form mutual understanding at each other ds respecting his confession and decision&he know who she like..the fact she keep looking at the door even after that heartbreaking confession and JH resign face pretty much there zero chance since ds have set her heart....

what im curious what happen after the concert :P because she obviously coming home late....something definitely change after the con since she start to look hopeful with taek even though she suppose to move on dating other guy....but that taekmove abandon his game to go to her definitely give major impact:P that happy face of sw&taek morning after mean something good must have happen with both sister....well sw&bora definitely might get married first so taeksun automatically become in laws lol maybe that why they get married late but with how much taek dad adore ds and ds family adore taek i doubt they gonna have much problem...though bora need to win sw mom heart lol

anyway i will try my best to still keep lower my expectation and don't act over confidence to respect baduk ettiquette..but still no matter who want to put more doubt seed in my head jh still gonna be the husband sorry not sorry i won't believe because he already given a nice closure ep and just look at the beautiful footage moment of him and ds shown at the ending that pretty much how the drama give him a goodbye tribute as a gift instead showing preview...and jh definitely nothing like cb because their circumstances is very different and jh have many chances that he didn't take himself because his own pride and forever hesitation always come first...

• Like 22

1 hour ago, Phuong Tam Nguyen said:

Hi chingu ;) So here are my thoughts on the circles on the photo below

reply%201988%20circle%20line_zpsj1owgsnt

I love packmule3's theory on the yin yang circle and the dead end symbol ^^

After some readings, I find out the inner circle (with horizontal/diagonal) lines are called split-prism or split-microprism which are types of lens used for image focusing

SPLIT-PRISM OBSERVATIONS

So, as we all have know, the 4 photos were taken by 4 different cameras. Only JH's camera has horizontal split-prism while the rest 3 have diagonal split-prisms.

The viewfinder of JH's camera resembles this

137view.png

The rest 3 viewfinders look like these 2

00XaRP-296113584.jpg

body19.jpg

let's move on to the other 3 photos first because they are similar

The first one is this

Screen%20Shot%202016-01-09%20at%203.54.3

so here in the middle we can see a hemisphere oriented diagonally, which is the diagonal split-prism. On the right side we see Shutter Speed values and the circles are the indicating leds for shutter speed which is around 1/150 in this photo. At the middle bottom we can see number 5,6, which means the aperture of f/5,6

next

Screen%20Shot%202016-01-10%20at%2012.22.

again, we see the diagonal split-prism. The shutter speed is displayed on the left. For this photo the shutter speed is 1/250. No aperture data is shown.

and here

Screen%20Shot%202016-01-09%20at%203.56.5

This is taken by a camera with a diagonal split-prism too. On the right we can see the shutter speed and exposure data. I'm no camera expert, but I guess the leds flashing next to number 250 and 4 indicate the suitable shutter speed. But the triangle on top is red, so the photo has a shutter speed of 1/250.

now we move on JH's photo

Screen%20Shot%202016-01-09%20at%203.55.2

Here we can see a hemisphere oriented horizontally. The camera has a horizontal split-prism and the shutter speed is around 1/22.

So, what's the big deal about all these technical stuffs? In the 1980s, people used these kind of split-image devices to take photos and the microprism must be there to focus on the object. The difference between the horizontal and diagonal split-prism is in their ability to focus. (I guess JH's camera was not as costly as the other 3 cameras) The horizontal prism takes very very very long to focus on the object, while the diagonal one can effective focus on any kind of object much faster.

From this point, I guess this means the relationship between JH and DS takes very long to be fully developed and focused, if they are to be together. And, TK-DS arc can be much more clear cut, focused and faster in terms of development into love.

For the shutter speed data, JH's picture has a very slow shutter speed, so the photo can easily become blur if one of them moves. In TK's photo, however, the shutter speed is very large, so even if anyone moves, the photo won't be blur

From this, I guess it implies JH's resistance to approach DS and TK's fast-and-furious personality (haha)

I wonder why the shutter speeds of the 2 photos at the concert are so different. After a while, I guess it's because the random guy kissed the girl, so there's movement and only a high shutter speed could capture that moment. In JH's photo, there was no movement, or the 2 people were almost stoning, so the shutter speed was low.

Yup ;)

For more info, you guys can visit these websites:

http://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1185038

http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/58-troubleshooting-beginner-help/198661-split-screen-types-diagonal-vs-horizontal.html

http://photo.net/classic-cameras-forum/00XaRJ

http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/hardwares/classics/nikonfmseries/fm3a/htmls/index9.htm

1 hour ago, Phuong Tam Nguyen said:

Hi chingu ;) So here are my thoughts on the circles on the photo below

reply%201988%20circle%20line_zpsj1owgsnt

I love packmule3's theory on the yin yang circle and the dead end symbol ^^

After some readings, I find out the inner circle (with horizontal/diagonal) lines are called split-prism or split-microprism which are types of lens used for image focusing

SPLIT-PRISM OBSERVATIONS

So, as we all have know, the 4 photos were taken by 4 different cameras. Only JH's camera has horizontal split-prism while the rest 3 have diagonal split-prisms.

The viewfinder of JH's camera resembles this

137view.png

The rest 3 viewfinders look like these 2

00XaRP-296113584.jpg

body19.jpg

let's move on to the other 3 photos first because they are similar

The first one is this

Screen%20Shot%202016-01-09%20at%203.54.3

so here in the middle we can see a hemisphere oriented diagonally, which is the diagonal split-prism. On the right side we see Shutter Speed values and the circles are the indicating leds for shutter speed which is around 1/150 in this photo. At the middle bottom we can see number 5,6, which means the aperture of f/5,6

next

Screen%20Shot%202016-01-10%20at%2012.22.

again, we see the diagonal split-prism. The shutter speed is displayed on the left. For this photo the shutter speed is 1/250. No aperture data is shown.

and here

Screen%20Shot%202016-01-09%20at%203.56.5

This is taken by a camera with a diagonal split-prism too. On the right we can see the shutter speed and exposure data. I'm no camera expert, but I guess the leds flashing next to number 250 and 4 indicate the suitable shutter speed. But the triangle on top is red, so the photo has a shutter speed of 1/250.

now we move on JH's photo

Screen%20Shot%202016-01-09%20at%203.55.2

Here we can see a hemisphere oriented horizontally. The camera has a horizontal split-prism and the shutter speed is around 1/22.

So, what's the big deal about all these technical stuffs? In the 1980s, people used these kind of split-image devices to take photos and the microprism must be there to focus on the object. The difference between the horizontal and diagonal split-prism is in their ability to focus. (I guess JH's camera was not as costly as the other 3 cameras) The horizontal prism takes very very very long to focus on the object, while the diagonal one can effective focus on any kind of object much faster.

From this point, I guess this means the relationship between JH and DS takes very long to be fully developed and focused, if they are to be together. And, TK-DS arc can be much more clear cut, focused and faster in terms of development into love.

For the shutter speed data, JH's picture has a very slow shutter speed, so the photo can easily become blur if one of them moves. In TK's photo, however, the shutter speed is very large, so even if anyone moves, the photo won't be blur

From this, I guess it implies JH's resistance to approach DS and TK's fast-and-furious personality (haha)

I wonder why the shutter speeds of the 2 photos at the concert are so different. After a while, I guess it's because the random guy kissed the girl, so there's movement and only a high shutter speed could capture that moment. In JH's photo, there was no movement, or the 2 people were almost stoning, so the shutter speed was low.

Yup ;)

For more info, you guys can visit these websites:

http://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1185038

http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/58-troubleshooting-beginner-help/198661-split-screen-types-diagonal-vs-horizontal.html

http://photo.net/classic-cameras-forum/00XaRJ

http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/hardwares/classics/nikonfmseries/fm3a/htmls/index9.htm

I like that theory but the jh /Ds picture and the girlfriend and boyfriend picture was taken with the same camera. Jh was asked if he could take a picture for the couple (boyfriend hands over his camera) after jh takes it the boyfriend says he will take a picture of them.  What's does that mean then ?

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, JCgirl 001 said:

Sorry for quoting that twice and not getting rid of the media in the quotes.It'sh harder to comment with my phone.my bad: / lol 

I like that theory but the jh /Ds picture and the girlfriend and boyfriend picture was taken with the same camera. Jh was asked if he could take a picture for the couple (boyfriend hands over his camera) after jh takes it the boyfriend says he will take a picture of them.  What's does that mean then ?

I've just check the scene :D The 2 cameras were different. JH did give the guy his camera and the guy used that ^^

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cheersmyself said:

So, right now we can say DR is obviously out of the husband hunt? Since there is very-very-limited-almost-zero-chance for a reporter to interview a restaurant waiter and his wife, unless the restaurant is very successful. :grin:

:lol: I think DR was eliminated very early in the episode when adult wife was interviewed and said adult husband was very smart when he was younger. 

I hope DR gets a better future. He used to know the right things to say to his friends. He was the neighborhood ultimate counselor  and best friend anybody can have. 

• Like 8