Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

4 minutes ago, syaiira said:

Okay this is kinda a funny thought but....

Taek and Deoksun pretty much experienced the aspects of a typical relationship via their phone calls to each other.

So what are the  typical things which a relationship involves? First a confession so that's when the relationship usually starts, then there's ofcourse the typical misunderstanding/miscommunication problems in a relationship. and there's a standard breakup situation in a relationship. and some who are lucky enough will be able to patch things back up again.

Okay remember episode 6 movie date phone call scene? That can be seen as a sorta confession phase of a relationship.

Then the next phone call scene regarding the glove gift. That is the misunderstanding/miscommunication phase of a relationship.

and now the recent phone call scene of Taek cancelling their date with tears in his eyes. It is reminiscent to a break up phase in a relationship.

so now I'm wondering if there will be another phone call scene of them in the future. Which if lucky enough, would be the one to determine whether they will be together or not.

Wowww @syaiira very fast, indeed our rooms are full of smarty pants ^_____^ another astounding interpretations....hihihihi ^______^

• Like 11

Guys, please read this chocolate theory posted by @packmule3 on the main thread. Gosh! So much goodies in such  a short time. I hope it's one of the good karma that we get from enduring the longest underwater stealthy shipping ever. Lol.

Btw indeed, now that she pointed out, the attention should be directed at the jacket? Anyone willing to have a take on this theory? But wait, if what she said was true, then the guy she mentioned in her diary could be someone else other than SW?

Spoiler
17 minutes ago, packmule3 said:

A chocolate theory…

There are many possible theories -- and conspiracy theories -- as to who the intended recipient of the chocolate was.  The adult DS could have given it to somebody else off-the-screen, and there’d be a flashback to explain it. She could have totally mis-remembered the chocolate and didn’t give it at all. 

But if we simply consider the props found at the time, it’s simple.

Jinjjoo was surrounded by four items: 3 schoolbags and 1 coat jacket. There were four boys inside.

DS ignored the two schoolbags which were located right beside her but reached over Jinjjoo to where the schoolbag with the coat jacket on top, was placed on the floor.  People naturally assumed that she was placing something inside the schoolbag. 

I think there’s a misdirection there.  DS was actually going for the coat jacket. She was putting the chocolate inside the coat jacket.  

The three schoolbags belonged to the three high school boys. Only one kid didn’t have a school bag because he didn’t go to school.

TK however wore a jacket to his baduk school.  She thought that the coat jacket belonged to TK. She didn’t know that the coat jacket belonged to SW because the jacket was folded. 

Now, it’s possible that I’m wrong, and that we’re still missing a minor subplot to explain the chocolate mystery.  I’m fine with that. 

However, script-wise, I thought there was an awful lot of emphasis on jackets. Didn’t you think so? THAT alerted me that things weren’t how they seemed. 

That morning started with DS borrowing her sister’s jean jacket. Her mother warned her not to. Then, SW noticed that the jacket belonged to her sister -- we all know now that this was a clue that SW was interested in her sister. But wouldn’t it be funny, too, had DS confused HIS jacket as belonging to TK?    

Afterwards, her sister came home early unexpectedly, and she began looking for her precious jean jacket. The mother then bothered the JH’s parents for the use of their phone and she called up the boys’ school. DR’s dad got involved and so did NoEul who was tasked to tell DS about their sister’s enraged hunt.  DS ran back home past JH’s brother who was playing at a videogame store. And his videogame momentarily transformed into a racing game with DS running furiously.

This whole mad 100-yard dash to return her sister’s jacket to its rightful owner was hilarious. But I thought that the scriptwriter had placed too many details in this jacket story MERELY to emphasize that their older sister was tyrannical.  Plus, if I were the director, I wouldn’t be able to justify the cost and time of moving people and equipment to several locations…to do what? To prove that DS was in big trouble? Nope. 

I thought this Bora jacket subplot was a big flag to keep an eye on the jacket, instead of the schoolbags.

Additionally, at TK’s party, JH mentioned TK’s jacket. Remove it, he said, you look like an old man. That line was superfluous to the script – that is, unless the scriptwriter meant to have a wedding parody… lol.  For me, anytime the scriptwriter leaves such an insignificant line in, then she probably means it to be important. ~ Chekov’s gun.    

Finally, when Bora tattled about the chocolate, I thought it was a fitting revenge for DS’ borrowing her jacket… and it could be an inside joke.  For borrowing Bora’s jacket without permission, she got bad karma, that is, the chocolate she mentioned in her diary didn’t reach the intended recipient.  

[Possibly another inside joke: for borrowing TK’s pink sweater without permission, she gets good karma. Really! The girl’s got to stop borrowing things. NoEul was right when he called a thieving btich. lol]

So there you go. I’ve presented to you my chocolate theory. And it’s just one out of many theories out there regarding chocolates so nobody should bust a gut over this one. 

As I said from the beginning, I don’t ship couples. I ship scripts, and I do find this script perfectly coherent and wildly amusing.  It’s become clear to me that the scriptwriter knew from the beginning who the husband would be. If she wants to switch direction in the next couple of episodes, I’ll be fine with that too because I’m confident that she’ll make it logical and consistent with the characters as she had written them so far.  I just read what she writes.

@shooastrid do you really want a baduk analysis or a Chinese checkers one? I think these two games are indicative of the contrasting approaches the scriptwriter used in creating the characters of TK and JH. But I’m not a lit major nor a writer, so what do I know, right? 

@sheza I haven't forgotten you. I will write my perspective on JH's father and DS. Again, when you go back to the script, the hint is there. Episode 2. 

reply%201988%20daughter%20in%20law_zpsar

Deok-Sung is the daughter that JH's father wished for. The way DS and JH's father LOVE their loved ones are so identical, they could be father-and-daughter. But I'll explain more with details later. 

• Like 22

maybe they didn't have the right actor yet for Taek (since they always very detailed and specific in choosing actor for their special important character:P) at the time so keeping R88 hidden until the right time to released while R94 they already have Jung Woo in their plan but he in army so 97 come first and the success give them green light to continue with more...i just can't imagined anyone as Taek but Bogum anymore since he made the character his own.

considering how fast R88 come after 94 (even if they never say about planning for trilogy or how many reply they intended and not gonna trust the writer word since she have been lying not knowing the husband until last min smh) i think she have been plan for long time

edit: haha i can't wait for @packmule3analysis of JH dad he seriously like the male older version of DS and the way he act around his wife and DS with Taek just a lot similarity going on..and he would love to have DS as his daughter and get Taek as son-in law as bonus lmao but DS mom claim Taek first XD

• Like 16

@darafangirl29

Yeah, that's exactly what comes to my mind seeing the scene from the preview! xD

Deoksun hopes Taek rest his head on her shoulder once again, but this time he's not, hence the sad expression. I hope something like this, or even more angsty than this happen on that scene. Uwuuuu..

On another notes, i can't believe there's still people (on another thread of course) who's in denial about the possibility of TK-DS because "there's no room of romantic feelings between them", i mean, what??!! Even i start rooting for TK's ship (before this i'm neutral watcher) after i see that there's a definite potential for it to happen, and someone still say she can't see 'anything' between TK-DS? The denial is so real there. Wow.

• Like 19

lol guys, the writer has been writing Taek's character very well . Have you heard of baduk player, Park Jung Hwan?? (he's Taek-ish but -hahahaha imagine if Taek was named Junghwan? it'll be a combination of Park Bo Gum & the character name) So what's up with the other Kim Jung Hwan? (PD Shin's friend from kbs accdng to DC)

Baseball was explored in reply1994 but it was not detailed as how baduk was explored in 1988. Chilbong compared love to baseball, in Taek's case..should he also compare love to baduk? if yes, then what a waste right? we've been down that road before...winning in your own sport & losing in love has been done before that's why even Yoo Yeon Sook (Chilbong) wants Taek to get the love he never had. Talking about progress, the show has been filled with heartwarming, emotional and poignant scenes/situations involving families, friends & lovers. I wonder how they would wrap it all up in a way that it would all come back to where they actually started "last love is family" in reply1994, it was mentioned that Na Jung &  Trash had this special relationship as her oppa.. they're family..same with reply1997 where Yoon Jae became an extended family member of the Sungs, people in school would often think of them as twins/siblings. Now with, 1988...how familiar is your special someone to you? do you feel at home when you're with him? --this. I was convinced that people of Ssangmundong has this unconditional love for one another, the endgame couple has to have that same impact as well right? There must be a deeper basis on why you chose to be with that person, reply 1997 & 1994 have done it in the earlier episodes, even before the timejump---that's why somehow it all felt reasonable & there was nothing to question about because we got a STRONG impression from their childhood interactions, everyday conversations/activities & remember how trash put it? "If what hurts Na Jung heart hurts mine then that means I like her, right?" everything happened naturally. :D 

• Like 18

1 hour ago, libra83 said:

So this time we should watch carefully because sth could be the subject of next Reply Drama?

PIZZA?

OR BAGS?

OR SHOES?

amseries_zps5pjcpbml.jpg

OH, HELLO THE "OBVIOUS"?

It's the bowl haircut, of course! The husbands have the bowl haircut at the start of the series in the year of the title... Though in Oppa-ya... one does wonder what sort of bowl was used to model his... but definitely a bowl cut.

Anyway, I am not worried at all.

There'll be angst and it's likely that DS and JH will bond as friends...

But, come on, guys and gals... It's a done deal that TAEK IS THE HUSBAND. Almost all clues and hints have pointed to TAEK's direction... '...when you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth'......... I'll just wait for the final proof.

@hafunohane Well... at least the bowl cut ship sunk with style.

ETA: Oww, is it because of the cosy setup of Taek's room, what's with blankets of all colours, I forget my manners... The Bowl Haircut Theory is of course a delusional mind at work. But you know, I begin to feel the frustrations (not towards fellow shipmates!) of pointing the "obvious" (not the hair!)... Well. See you at the finish line then...   Yes, Baduk Etiquette would be duly observed.

• Like 21

1 hour ago, lady65432 said:

lol guys, the writer has been writing Taek's character very well . Have you heard of baduk player, Park Jung Hwan?? (he's Taek-ish but -hahahaha imagine if Taek was named Junghwan? it'll be a combination of Park Bo Gum & the character name) So what's up with the other Kim Jung Hwan? (PD Shin's friend from kbs accdng to DC)

Baseball was explored in reply1994 but it was not detailed as how baduk was explored in 1988. Chilbong compared love to baseball, in Taek's case..should he also compare love to baduk? if yes, then what a waste right? we've been down that road before...winning in your own sport & losing in love has been done before that's why even Yoo Yeon Sook (Chilbong) wants Taek to get the love he never had. Talking about progress, the show has been filled with heartwarming, emotional and poignant scenes/situations involving families, friends & lovers. I wonder how they would wrap it all up in a way that it would all come back to where they actually started "last love is family" in reply1994, it was mentioned that Na Jung &  Trash had this special relationship as her oppa.. they're family..same with reply1997 where Yoon Jae became an extended family member of the Sungs, people in school would often think of them as twins/siblings. Now with, 1988...how familiar is your special someone to you? do you feel at home when you're with him? --this. I was convinced that people of Ssangmundong has this unconditional love for one another, the endgame couple has to have that same impact as well right? There must be a deeper basis on why you chose to be with that person, reply 1997 & 1994 have done it in the earlier episodes, even before the timejump---that's why somehow it all felt reasonable & there was nothing to question about because we got a STRONG impression from their childhood interactions, everyday conversations/activities & remember how trash put it? "If what hurts Na Jung heart hurts mine then that means I like her, right?" everything happened naturally. :D 

tbh the only similarity of Chilbonged and Taeken maybe is their genius nature or being awesome in their respective field and being worship by the country..well they both also super hard working in practicing

but other than that they are very different especially how they deal with love life..

for Taek he do thing in his own pace, never really force his feeling to DS even he being clingy,demanding but that just how he is when he around the person he like just like his dad, maybe like packmule3 said that scene when he first lean on her shoulder without talking&only have wide grin after listen to her stuttering obviously affected by his action not in the motherly mode but flustered girl mode is his own way of confirming she could feel the same without the need for her to spell it out Taekstyle so he do plan to confess since he think he have a chance but only scared she might don't believe him...even if he competitive in many thing but i don't see he treat DS as a trophy or DS=Baduk at all..when people gonna thought he just gonna confess without caring about friendship but he didn't since he do care like he said JH family just like his own family when everyone say he not gonna ask for favor but he still did for JH(i dislike how CB still show confidence that he have chance even knowing NJ only like Trash&they already in relation at the time-at least DS case she still very single and available but for JH&TK the friendship is still important but well Trash&CB never close to begin with XD)...when he give the wallet to DS it his own way to give chance for them since she could have open that wallet out of curiosity&clear misunderstanding..people really misunderstand that guy a lot but he really very mature..yes Baduk is super important but i think it obvious DS is even more important and i don't see him just gonna fall in love with other girl right away after having heart break..well better don't comment more about CB since it not gonna be too nice but im not blaming the character but i blame the badly tragic written of the character since he have potential sorrynotsorry (but i adore YYS he a sweetheart :P )

• Like 14

50 minutes ago, lady65432 said:

I had to highlight the whole post, because it's damn well written my chingu. :D Sums up pretty well why I've thought that the husband will be taek, all this time. Now, we all know JH's popularity with DS, but Taek's character is way better written than his. Not to mention Taek's relationship with DS. It's the definition for love, really. There's always a deeper connection between the main couple in reply series. And so far--- what JH&DS have is just a crush. DS has no idea who her real love is---yet. Just saying...

btw, did I tell you guys how I just like to read all your posts on this thread. you're the best! Fighting!:)

• Like 14

@salz hahaha yes! you were team trash before right?? I visited the nareki thread before & somehow..I felt some sense of deja vu. :D

Yes, Taek is very different. Well-written & he has many layers. TK-JH friendship is also beautiful. They have a deeper friendship & something nice will come out of it, i mean they can be the best-est of friends in the end. Interestingly, DS was the one who assured TK that it's okay to lose, I hope there will be a reversal of some sort. The girl who thinks it's fine for him to lose, lets him win. :D

• Like 14

1 minute ago, lady65432 said:

@salz hahaha yes! you were team trash before right?? I visited the nareki thread before & somehow..I felt some sense of deja vu. :D

Yes, Taek is very different. Well-written & he has many layers. TK-JH friendship is also beautiful. They have a deeper friendship & something nice will come out of it, i mean they can be the best-est of friends in the end. Interestingly, DS was the one who assured TK that it's okay to lose, I hope there will be a reversal of some sort. The girl who thinks it's fine for him to lose, lets him win. :D

haha yep im a Nareki lol...i camp there once upon a time who know we actually talk but im super forgetful miyane XD

this totally dejavu..i used to post a lot at R94 thread before it get closed and thing got super scary. i thought how this happen over a drama(well i love my ship but i dislike to be angry at real life people over a drama ship lol since i prefer watching peacefully)..because i remember the bitter experience i don't even post anything in main thread and get shelter here the moment i found this thread lol)

yeah i truly love JH-TK friendship so no matter what happen im sure their friendship will be strong enough to stand until end everyone is like one family tbh, the parents, the kids...

yes just what he need to hear he don't have to always need to win, when the one you love say it ok to lose..well their relationship is deeper than merely just losing or winning it can't be compared since it in another level...the answer might already in their heart XD

• Like 10

1 hour ago, shooastrid said:

Guys, please read this chocolate theory posted by @packmule3 on the main thread. Gosh! So much goodies in such  a short time. I hope it's one of the good karma that we get from enduring the longest underwater stealthy shipping ever. Lol.

Btw indeed, now that she pointed out, the attention should be directed at the jacket? Anyone willing to have a take on this theory? But wait, if what she said was true, then the guy she mentioned in her diary could be someone else other than SW?

Hide contents

Hogwarts-Cheers-Claps-With-Excitement-In

^ ______^ @packmule3 definitely brilliant theory ..

Thank you @shooastrid for sharing...^^

• Like 12

21 minutes ago, Meliere said:

okay, it has sadly come to my attention that a tk/ds shipper is trolling team JH in their own thread... :tears:

dear shipper, if you somehow come upon this message, please forgive me and please stop.

don't do that to them. Please. Everyone deserves respect. 

No one from team JH has ever come in here trolling or interrupting our spazz sessions. These threads are sacred in that they are private spaces. They may say terrible things about us in their own thread, and we may say terrible things about them in our own thread ... but at end of the day, this privacy "line" has never been crossed before.

Please don't start a 'war'. Please don't make things ugly for everyone.

Omg. Exactly. I have to say that this kind of behaviour is very childlish. Really. I never visit the other thread, but I'm really shocked to hear this. Yes, no war. There's a reason for us shippers to have our own threads so that we can share similar opinions and root for the couple we like. But don't go to the other thread spreading hate towards the other ship/characters/shippers. We all have the right to ship what we want, and share our opinions but with good manners, and if you can't stand the opinions from team JH, I suggest you to stay away from their thread, please. You gain nothing from going there.

• Like 18

30 minutes ago, Meliere said:

okay, it has sadly come to my attention that a tk/ds shipper is trolling team JH in their own thread... :tears:

dear shipper, if you somehow come upon this message, please forgive me and please stop.

don't do that to them. Please. Everyone deserves respect. 

No one from team JH has ever come in here trolling or interrupting our spazz sessions. These threads are sacred in that they are private spaces. They may say terrible things about us in their own thread, and we may say terrible things about them in our own thread ... but at end of the day, this privacy "line" has never been crossed before.

Please don't start a 'war'. Please don't make things ugly for everyone.

@Meliere totally agree w/you let them have their own paradise and space...^.^

However after you post this i tried to check their thread, i guess its not from our room. Its one of their own that posted @packmule3 analysis.

I'm not sure but i don't think there will be someone from our shippers will dare to post in their thread just to troll their thread....

• Like 11

22 minutes ago, hafunohane said:

Went back to episode 7 today and I’m seriously overwhelmed by the amount of things that I didn’t catch until just now…. *Taeks a deep breath* WARNING: IMAGE- HEAVY, LENGTHY POST AHEAD. (took me quite a while to compile this list because of the screencaps haha fun times).

PART 1/2

- More similarities between BR- TK:

1.    The most obvious one: BR & TK were the first two people that departed JH's house after they picked a name.

Screen_Shot_2016_01_06_at_11_47_18_PM.pnScreen_Shot_2016_01_06_at_11_47_53_PM.pn

2.   Both BR and TK went against the rules/tradition of Christmas in a way. TK completely abandoned the first rule of manito that JB mentioned seconds before and innocently announced who he got. JB immediately got nervous hahaha. 

Screen_Shot_2016_01_06_at_11_50_22_PM.pnScreen_Shot_2016_01_06_at_11_52_49_PM.pn

(and btw, we all know who was the next person to say the exact same thing right after TK blew JB’s cover)

Screen_Shot_2016_01_06_at_11_46_06_PM.pnScreen_Shot_2016_01_06_at_11_46_10_PM.pn

BR too, couldn’t care less about preserving a kid’s belief in Santa’s existence. And both BR and TK did what they did not because they meant to break the tradition, but because these actions align with their character. Poor JJ lol!

Screen_Shot_2016_01_06_at_11_51_10_PM.pnScreen_Shot_2016_01_06_at_11_51_19_PM.pn

3.    There’s only 1 other person that completely forgot about the manito game besides TK: BR. She misunderstood SW’s present as a romantic gesture so she was caught off- guard when SW said it’s for the manito game.

Screen_Shot_2016_01_07_at_12_46_28_AM.pnScreen_Shot_2016_01_07_at_12_46_09_AM.pn

Also, when DS was down because TK also forgot about the present, NL mistook the culprit for BR, of ALL people. Why?

Screen_Shot_2016_01_07_at_12_51_54_AM.pn

4.    Speaking of the manito, we’re only shown two pairs of manito partners talk about the present outside on the streets, late at night, on the D-day. One is TK-DS, and the other is BR-SW. notice the camera angle....

Screen_Shot_2016_01_07_at_12_46_57_AM.pnScreen_Shot_2016_01_07_at_12_43_19_AM.pn

5.    I’m sure we have noticed the countless amounts of TK after shower’s scene with the white towel that this drama has bestowed upon us. Guess what, BR also has her own trademark repetitive scenes. In this episode alone, I counted her doing it twice.

Screen_Shot_2016_01_07_at_12_45_27_AM.pnScreen_Shot_2016_01_07_at_12_47_50_AM.pn

Moreover, here’s an eerily similar outfit that they have while caught in their trademark scene: a plain white t-shirt. Look up then look down:

Screen_Shot_2016_01_07_at_12_53_00_AM.pn

6.    BR and TK “exchanged” colors in ep7. Assuming TK is sometimes green, we can see here that BR is wearing a GREEN towel draped across her purple sweatshirt. And we know that TK’s other pillow is purple, but here I noticed that the gloves paper wrap for his dad is PURPLE. TK also sported a striped PURPLE shirt this episode when they did the manito game at JH's house.

Screen_Shot_2016_01_07_at_12_16_20_AM.pnScreen_Shot_2016_01_07_at_12_49_24_AM.pn

7.    Two highlighted umbrella scenes happened today. In both occasions, one waited for the other with umbrella for him/ her. In TK’s case, his dad waited outside the club until TK came out. In SW’s case, he waited in the library, checked the time, and went out right before BR’s car arrived.

Screen_Shot_2016_01_06_at_11_58_29_PM.pnScreen_Shot_2016_01_06_at_11_57_44_PM.pnScreen_Shot_2016_01_06_at_11_56_32_PM.pnScreen_Shot_2016_01_07_at_12_14_25_AM.pn

8.    We know that TK is a picky eater from EP 9 and 10: he doesn’t digest Chinese food well and won’t eat the raw meat. Now, lo and behold, second picky eater of the block frowned at her parent's remark after she refused the oysters. 

Screen_Shot_2016_01_07_at_12_00_06_AM.pnScreen_Shot_2016_01_07_at_12_00_14_AM.pn

- The other things that caught my eye in this episode. these aren’t necessarily TK/ TK-DS related so I’m putting it under spoiler:

Hide contents

1.    There are another set of dolls too in TK’s room (it's TK room, JH is just there) LOL. I have no theory about this so I’ll just leave the screencap here in case anybody wants to taek a stab at it.

Screen_Shot_2016_01_06_at_11_54_02_PM.pn

2.    I noticed TWO MAJOR FORESHADOWING in this episode. The first one is with JH’s dad. Remember how in EP 10 he was soooo sulky on his birthday? Guess what he said to Sungdaddy and Papabear on Papabear’s birthday this episode?

Screen_Shot_2016_01_07_at_12_39_29_AM.pn

3.    Now, the next one is actually soooo obvious. But I seriously didn’t realize this until just now. Look at how the parents are positioned here. It’s the two husband and wives on one side of the street, with the future couple on the other end, and the framing went from the 2 married couples to SW’s mom and Papabear singled out in the next second. Slow clap to the R1988 for the umph-teenth time they blew my mind with their attention to detail.

Screen_Shot_2016_01_07_at_1_00_04_AM.pngScreen_Shot_2016_01_07_at_1_00_08_AM.pngSWmom_TKdad.png

So that's it for now. This first part is just a warm-up. I’ll post the part 2 soon which is about JH-DS-TK. *Note to self: better learn how to edit/ shorten thoughts lol* Btw @lady65432, i would even argue the genius trait similarity between CB and TK. I know CB isn't a natural genius at baseball. in R1994 they made a point to show that he is not born a talented baseball genius, just extremely hardworking and determined to become better. TK, on the other hand, I think is gifted with that brain. The similarity is more like that they have a devoted passion for one field, and they're both successful in their respective fields. 

Spoiler

THANKSSS CANT WAIT the second part.. Thanks @hafunohane

Edited by Rebecca Susan
ok
  • Like 6