Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

Why do I feel like nothing much happened and we're stuck at the same place we were yesterday? Haven't watched but the recaps are leaving me feeling a dissatisfied. :(

And what is the irony? That the song I just called to say I love you is playing throughout the episode. But when Taekie actually calls, he gives her the opposite impression. And it's doubly ironic because he actually does love her?

Dunno. More than sinking, I feel like all ships are on standstill and still getting very little input from DS which is my greatest reason for frustration. No progress on her front, no realisation. Nothing. Nil. 

Saaaaad. :(

• Like 8

OMG.... but i'm glad Taekie is still in the running!! And he has hope! DS may say its alright as usual she is so supportive of him... but after she put down the phone she totally looked disappointed that he cancelled their movie... And the next day when she ran into the boys she still looked very down, not at all like the upbeat girl she usually is.... 

I feel that "Its an ironic life" is because Taekie loves DS, and DS loves Taekie but because of him finding out about JH's feelings he couldn't bring himself to confess right now and so their ship still can't sail... Don't you think that is ironic? 

• Like 12

Well.... Annyeong... Hiii....:)
Greetings to all of you #TeamSunTaek a.k.a Taekitanic's Lovely Brilliant Observant Passangers in this thread...:blush:
First post, first time making acc in Soompi (I'm pretty decent lurker), and officially joining in Taek's room now (I enjoy being like DongRyong before, silently watch Taek's room from the outside ㅋㅋㅋ) so pls excuse my "awkwardness" and my very bad english,, I just couldn't hold it anymore....
First of all, I've already read all of the awesome posts here, not remember how many times I agreed, nod along, giving you thousands thumbs up and hugs and kisses (in my mind)...:wub:
So, now I'm just going to list all of my thoughts that I've been keeping by myself all the time (bcoz I hve no one to share abt the craziness-inside with, all my friends and coworkers like very very typical and boring kdrama,you know, makjang kind of drama, handsome-lead-male-only-eventho-the-story-is-crap kind of drama,etc)...
You can skip it, no need to read it (I'm going to put it in spoiler, but since its my first time I dunno if its going to work or not). Sorry for the long post....

Spoiler

1. Honestly, at first I'm #TeamSunwoo (as a my fave character not as husband candidate) --- (I mean who doesnt like him, Deoksun even said when she introduced him as the normal one, he's kind, smart, really love his mom & Jinjoo, -listing all of his good personality -etc). But becoz he's being the normal one, pretty sure he isn't the husband (Coz prev reply installment, the writer prever the "unique" than the normal one, Trash and YJ over CB and TW oppa). At the end of eps, I'm pretty sure, 100000% that junghwan is the husband, coz the 2015 husband just scream "Junghwan" the way he talks, the way he acts to me. So I'm pretty sure they did what they promise to us before, no more husband-hunting game this time, no more shipping wars, no more chilbong. let's just enjoy the story.  Hoorayyy :lol:

So there I am, enjoy watching the eps,enjoy the family, friends, the cute gestures Junghwan show when he likes DS, the comedy DS show when she's being girly in front of SW, The fun DR shows everytime he on screen, the cutie little puppie Taek, DS and BR fighting scene, the cutest Jinjoo, the Moms and Dads, watching all of them with the faith that JH IS THE HUSBAND (esp. since SW is out of the race when they show he likes BR, DR had no chance, and little screentime of my TAEK). No heartache in this series thanks God....:grin:

And then the storm come, the First Snow eps (ep.6 i believe?) when crying heartbroken DS got called from the one who took SW's place as my fave character, the cutie genius handsome guy CHOI TAEK (I have weak spot toward cutie + smart/genius guy,so yeah... it's get taken easily) asking her to watch movie. Only two of them.
BAMMMM!!!!! Holy m%therf%c%er gentleman!!! How dare you to put my precious baby in the game who obviously shown who is the winner is, you psycho writer!!!! Is it not enough with too much pain, too much heartbreak, too many hope that I get as a Chilbong suporter from R94??? Is my days of crying and being in bad mood for weeks not enough to satisfying your thirst of hurting fictional character ever and ever again??
Now you're going to make my precious Taekie get Chilbonged??? :bawling:

2. So, despite I LOVE Taek with every way possible, and LOVE and TREASURE his moment with DS, I still keep in mind that Junghwan is the husband, and promise to myself never going to any ship to avoid getting the same pain again from R94. Still enjoy the show, cherish every moment DS-Taek on screen.

Then, I think it's from eps 9? 10? I forgot exactly, (I think it's when The writer showing Taek's development, that the cutie guy you saw in ep 1 isn't really what he seems to like, he's more way way more than a genius baduk who can't do daily things properly, and he has the chance to be the husband too) I just can't help but joining #TeamTaek and avoiding the comment section when reading the recaps in dramabeans, coz there's too many #teamJH there. Then like a miracle while googling to find some #TeamTaek who possibly posting/blogging of hints or clues that TAEK is the husband, I found this thread :heart: at that time it's still on page 30-something, page 35 if I'm not wrong. So I decide to read all the post here from the early page and I feel like...
woahhh... I must be blessed... hurting, frustating, intimidating in almost every reply article, recaps, blogs related, all of them full of constant mention of JH-DS. So can you imagine, me being here as a silent reader feels like I'm on heaven full of briliant awesome angels stating  and telling and observing every little detail, hint, clue, color and doll's theory (eventho I watch prev reply installment, this is the first time I know that there's also color and doll and other's theory in R97 and R94 lol) etc.

So, everytime I mistakenly read JH-DS delulu shipper comment, or 'someone looks down on Taek's comment or even when I'm feeling down with my real life, I came here, absorbing every positive energy, all the love and care, all the great analysis here, cure my heart, feeling blessed, happy and ready to face the real life again. Lol
When i reach end of page post, I keep comeback every 10minutes to check if another awesome person already post another lovely thoughts here or not. That's how addicted I am with this thread.

So, I guess, I just need a little push to come forward (first snow eps pushed me to realize that I must somehow prepare for another Chilbong after effect; Taek's development eps pushed me to join #TeamTaek; too many JH-DS shipper comments on reply related pushed me to looking for some comfort place and found this heaven; AAANNNDDD tonight eps, when TAEK realized JH likes DS pushed me to make soompi acc and posting my thoughts here intead of being a lurker forever.

3. Finally it's come to this... That scene is just awesomely made by the director....:wub: PARK BOGEUM awesome microexpression acting nailed it.... I'm trying to interpret the way I see it...

_wKqU7Ee4CCXElvLaUkAAJyRn.png

( I'm trying to insert gift, but i thinks it'snot working?!)

At first he curious why JH with all-smile face + loves coming from his eyes, what is he looking at while giggling like that?! and he looked at the direction JH looking at and its DS !!!! Some words SW saying about "Eyes can't lies" thingy comes across his mind, and BAMMMM!!! he realized what it is,, (noticed the small sigh and blining his eyes)
And then a few mili-second next pain comes hit his heart. BAMM!!! JH also likes the love of his life, his source of energy, his sunlight, his everything!!!  out of every man exist in this world, one of his precious man also likes the only girl who's matter in his world. BAMM BAMMM!!! another pain hit him hard, he alrdy telling the boys he likes DS, JH knows he likes DS, can't imagine his painful heart hearing Taek's confession.

And then the next scene,where they zoom in their childhood photo first. He look at DS first then JH, like saying how come this "cruel" fate happen between us!? between me and my two precious person.
And then he took a sip. Which I read on others comment section, they said he looks like his character "Psycho killer Min in I Remember You", he looks creepy, scary, etc etc.....:mellow:

CXJniE9UMAAQUeB.jpg

IT"S DIFFERENT............

They must be pretty impressed with Min character and must thought that Taek is hiding Min inside him (or whatever they thinking to be able to say that crepy, or scary words).
He's not.....!!!! He isn't a psycho-handsome-pitiful-killer here... He's Choi Taek, Professional Handsome Genius Baduk Player 6-dan, he's a fighter, it's baduk-player-fighter-looks. He calculated his move. His next move.
Now that he officially in the triangle love now (Welcome welcome.....), it's fair play now, both "player" already concious about the existence of other "player". As a baduk fighter of course he won't just "stand still". He's going to "Play the game and end it". So he's calculating his next move, whether his testing JH's feeling based on the preview from ep16, or he's going to do the "noble idiocy" thingy for the sake of his two friend to end up together, or he's going to fight to get his girl or any possible move that the genius Taek can think of.
I dunno. . . 

4. End of thought about the drama for now, just a few hours ago, when i refresh this thread but there still no new post, and I'm bored so I visit other shipper threads, clicking the last page, and read the comments there, some saying about this JH-DS parallel scene (JH Shippers, NO OFFENSE REALLY!!!) They saying abt JH and DS who both tuck (?) Taek to sleep (?) or when they trying hard not to falling asleep,,

And then i have this thinking that OH MY GOD.... Someone please ship me with Taek too, please, make a thread for us too please, since in this eps Taek wore grey checkered(?) shirt when eating ramyeon, and I also eating ramyeon wore my grey checkered (?) shirt too!!! Kyaaa >,,< 
And i also always forget to eat when I'm studying or working !!! Oh My God....
My Parallel scene with Taek :wub: Taek's kitchen is green, so is my kitchen too....
Choi Taekmust be my FUTURE HUSBAND....:flushed:
Oh my god.... oh my god.... my fangirl mind trying to create fanfic with Taek that include me as a main girl....
I hope no heartbroken Taek in this tonight eps or i might will continue listing all my parallel with Taek and end up marrying him...
Come Choi Taek... noona isn't mind taking care of you for the rest of my life, as long as you promise me to forgot about DS and love me the rest of your life :bawling:

SORRY AGAIN FOR THE LONG POST......
DESPERATE BUT WELL PREPARED HEARTBROKEN SUNTAEK SHIPPER HERE...
LET"S GO UNTIL WE REACH THE END....*hugsssss*

• Like 15

the good thing of today is TK may start dating other girls and I guess we get to see a bit more about DS. She really waited for TK's call patiently like how BR waited for SW's call, and she was waiting for him at the baduk center after his match, she actually looked a bit stunned/disappointed/sad (like during the manitto game) after knowing that TK cancelled the date.

Earlier on, the gang met. When DS said she had a stomachache, JH asked if she was okay but TK even followed her to the restroom and gave her medicine after that :) 

So, way to go chingu ^^

• Like 12

I didn't expect this of Taek.

But this is bound to happen. Until DS knows who she really likes... Taek stepped back; Bora left; DR, SW and JH pursued their dreams... this would be the wake up call she needed..

Taek-ah... It's okay to cry today. But tomorrow, please hold your head up high...    

• Like 9

25 minutes ago, mustardmaimai said:

Why do I feel like nothing much happened and we're stuck at the same place we were yesterday? Haven't watched but the recaps are leaving me feeling a dissatisfied. :(

And what is the irony? That the song I just called to say I love you is playing throughout the episode. But when Taekie actually calls, he gives her the opposite impression. And it's doubly ironic because he actually does love her?

Dunno. More than sinking, I feel like all ships are on standstill and still getting very little input from DS which is my greatest reason for frustration. No progress on her front, no realisation. Nothing. Nil. 

Saaaaad. :(

Maybe yes it's true that he does lover her...he really does love her. At this point being sorry to her is the best way he can show how much he loves her..he don't want to put her in a very tough situation once she found out that he and JH likes her..he don't want to hurt JH as well..he don't want to jeopardize their friendship..so for now, he will wait for the right time...he will give both of them time ...

i also agree JH is the one will bring them together...once he found out what Taek have done..

and for him,I'll guess he will also take some break from Baduk..and do something else..

fish fish fish..I'm a fan of fish!the longtime courtship starts now....^^

• Like 7

but I guess the PD/writer is witty enough to put a halt to the love line today. It's April's Fool: Saturday 01 April 1989. Guys, this is to ensure that nothing sweet happening today is a joke. Remember TK's concern? "If I confess, will DS believe me?" So I think if the story progresses this way, DS won't take TK's confession as a joke :) and their moments will be real. 

Similarly, because today is April's Fool, so we get to see twists in others' lives (like how NL actually sings well, Mr Sung knows that BR smokes, DR and the moms are preparing for the singing concert but things turn out funny haha) Because it's April Fool, so the pause in the love line is just a joke guys =)) There's no preview today so what a troll for us haha 

Btw, raw is out ;)

http://www.dramabay.com/reply-1988-episode-16/

• Like 5

Dint it look like deok sun waited for taek"s call patiently? Also when she met the gang later at the library she did not act different around JH anymore.I am always dreading whenever ds is with JH lol...but this time she just looked a bit different,not her usual chirpy self.

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, monsterlife said:

Okaaaayyyy this is not good writer. You are making me think Taek is the husband. THE endgame. And JH is the big, big block for the ship to truly sail. Why writer, why? I accepted JH. I really did. 

or JH is a big anchor when lifted that will help our ship to sail smoothly..for now our ship is anchor at the port..

• Like 8

Guest gerimisore

I only read your posts guys (I'm too afraid to visit the main thread in case I'm spoiling myself too much) and I got the impression that Deoksun started to behave differently towards Taek? Is that right? And Taek actually backs away and cancels his date making it the "irony" that the title is talking about? Because the two of them are finally on the same page but they can't be together because Taek knows JH's feeling (wow, it's like a deja vu. Doesn't it sound too similar to JH earlier situation?). Well, if that's the case then it's good 'tho. Because DS slowly and steadily understands her own heart without the help of other people. Isn't that what we all want? For her to love someone because SHE loves him and not because her friends told her a guy likes her.

Actually after watching the preview of ep 16, I thought the scene of DS waiting for Taek to call was just their usual way of trolling so I wasn't hoping much. But if it's indeed happened, then...

WWWWWAAAAARRGGGGH, I'm trying so hard to keep my expectation low but they keep making me thinking Taek has a chance to be the husband too!!!! \D:/ Dang you PD-nim and Writer-nim!!!! ASDFGHJKLZXCVBNM!@$#%%r&^*&(~!!!!