Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

3 hours ago, mangachickava said:

ps seeing the wrestling scene when they wre 9 is on my must see list...i could see DS being loud and excited just completely bulldozing the chill quiet TK

I have another theory - what if little TK was also trying to protect DS during the wrestling scene? Like chosing to sacrifice himyself by putting himself in the position to get the head injury instead of DS, much like what happened during the volleyball scene.

_________

Separately, even if Taek turns out not to be the lead, I think the writer must have a soft spot for Taek or maybe he's her favorite character or something. She's really written his character with a lot of care and details and nuance. 

_________

Ahhhh it's finally Friday! Please please please dont let Jung Hwan be a noble idiot! Please please let DS wake up to the idea that Taek is romantically interested in her!

• Like 8

I actually try not to pay too much attention to 2015 clues, R94 proved it was all troll (I was team CB and I was extremwly mad because there were so many plot holes and trolls amd their explaination for them is ridiculous)

i rewatched ep 1-3 and realized that Taek has liked DS long long before DS or JH started to develope their feelings for anyone else. As for those who say he sees her as a mom or sister, in ep 2 aftee they drank and DR asked if DS looked cute, he nodded his head with a smile, he had always liked her as a girl, and his phone call on the first snow day. There was no event intrigue his feeling towards DS to make him do that, it's just his realization that he wanted something else with her. That's why I like Taek ovee JH.

As for DS, I agree with one idea that she tends to like the boys who liked her, it's not that she's shallow or east, it's because she is young, naive and obviously you would pay more attentiom to the ones like you, right? 

What I am debating is DS 2 times said this thing to Taek. "Drink milk, grow up with and marry me" and one time when DR tolf her to be responsible for Taek forever, she didn't hesitated and said Yes.

Idk if it's because she had liked him but didn't recognize or just that she just thinks that taking care of him is what she's supposed to do.

Ok it's morning here amd idk what I"m saying lol

• Like 10

9 minutes ago, lovelyrainy said:

I actually try not to pay too much attention to 2015 clues, R94 proved it was all troll (I was team CB and I was extremwly mad because there were so many plot holes and trolls amd their explaination for them is ridiculous)

i rewatched ep 1-3 and realized that Taek has liked DS long long before DS or JH started to develope their feelings for anyone else. As for those who say he sees her as a mom or sister, in ep 2 aftee they drank and DR asked if DS looked cute, he nodded his head with a smile, he had always liked her as a girl, and his phone call on the first snow day. There was no event intrigue his feeling towards DS to make him do that, it's just his realization that he wanted something else with her. That's why I like Taek ovee JH.

sorry cut your post

but i totally agree! i think maybe since he was 9 TK had feelings and I could see the same with DS?? 

also i know the beach scene has a sad song, but notice how they never let each other go till the end...

• Like 5

This is dumb but can we talk about how Junghwan didn't take the opportunity to stay with Duk Seon during the beach scene? like, hello, if you really wanted to stay he could have said, 'oh taek tired he should go. ill stay w/ this 99 person" but no, he decided to go w/ the other group. I mean, if I like someone I would find any way to stay w/ them :l 

he even says, "who should we leave behind" :crazy:

• Like 5

@nicola_nikka I think it's just his confidence talking because he does not see TK as his competition. He didn't know about TK's feelings back then and all his life he's used to seeing the two of them act like that and DS taking care of TK. in fact he's probably thankful that DS accompanies TK coz he might be worried for TK too. Another possible reason why he left them there is because if he volunteered to accompany DS or to argue Bora's decision as to who should take the bus he may fear that the others(SW, DR, BR) will get suspicious and find out about his secret crush for DS. 

• Like 5

Watching ep9 again, I realized what the main thread were talking abt the date on DS' s passport. The date of issue was Dec 1, 1989 & expiry date is on Dec 1, 1990, thus many assumed she went to China in Dec 1989 instead of January 1989, thus its DS &JH's pic...However there's the catch. Right after DS jumping up and down with her passport scene,  they show a flashback of Taek's dad pleading to DS's parents to allow her accompany Taek to China.  When DS's mom suggested SW or JH to go instead, Taek's dad said he cant ask them because they're studying since they're going to be seniors soon! Then he remembers DS is going to be a senior too soon but still insisted her to go with Taek. 

Now school session in Korea starts in March of every year. If DS & the gang are not yet a senior but just abt to be then the China trip must have taken place before March 1989, becos the gang will start their senior year in March 1989! So there's no way the China trip in ep 9 happen in Dec 89 :)

Let's track back...

4th January 89 - The kids all having breakfast at JH's. Taek's dad was away to his friend funeral since that day.

11th January 89 - JH & DS went to the MBC show,  Taek was away for his game.

14th January 89 - SW's mom received the registered mail. The date written on the postman's receiver list. Taek return home & had dinner with DS's family.  DS's mom asked abt his dad return,  he said tomorrow morning ie on 15th Jan

15th January 89 - DS's dad saw Taek's dad in the morning & promised to have a drink with him in the evening. He came back in the evening & found him unconscious on the floor. The calendar next to his door state 15 which means 15th Jan 1989!

This chronicle proves that DS went to China & took pic with Taek in January 1989 too. Taek's dad was admitted on the 15th,  a day or so later he asked DS's parents to allow her to go to China, saying it wud only take 2 days to get her passport done. So most probably by 20th she's ready to go. I suspect they took the pic on the 22nd or 23rd January 89. It cant be in February becos Taek's dad was still in the hospital when they took the picture...Also I remember junior reporter mentioned they're lucky to have their picture taken by the older reporter because his skill/pictures are masterpiece. Must be something to it...

So the date on her passport is either a genuine prop error or it was done on purpose. But my bet it was on purpose to confuse viewers abt DS trip to China thus the actual date of her pic withTaek. The PD is very detail even to the calender & time in Taek's dad shop he cant have overlooked the date on her passport.  I suspect the scene DS thrill to see her passport jumping up & down while packing is a completely from a different scene from the future.  It made sense too, if her Passport was issued in Jan 89, with one year validity she definitely can't  still use the same passport in December 89, becos even if its not yet expire l, in reality many countries won't allow foreigners to enter their countries if their passports are less than 3 months or more validity. In DS case if she's gonna follow Taek for his overseas trip again in Dec 89, she definitely cant use the passport she did in Jan 89, so she has to renew her passport,  thus it may be this scene they show us & the reason she was super excited becos she got her new passport on time for the trip... :D 

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, lxands said:

Watching ep9 again, I realized what the main thread were talking abt the date on DS' s passport. The date of issue was Dec 1, 1989 & expiry date is on Dec 1, 1990, thus many assumed she went to China in Dec 1989 instead of January 1989, thus its DS &JH's pic...However there's the catch. Right after DS jumping up and down with her passport scene,  they show a flashback of Taek's dad pleading to DS's parents to allow her accompany Taek to China.  When DS's mom suggested SW or JH to go instead, Taek's dad said he cant ask them because they're studying since they're going to be seniors soon! Then he remembers DS is going to be a senior too soon but still insisted her to go with Taek. 

Now school session in Korea starts in March of every year. If DS & the gang are not yet a senior but just abt to be then the China trip must have taken place before March 1989, becos the gang will start their senior year in March 1989! So there's no way the China trip in ep 9 happen in Dec 89 :)

Let's track back...

4th January 89 - The kids all having breakfast at JH's. Taek's dad was away to his friend funeral since that day.

11th January 89 - JH & DS went to the MBC show,  Taek was away for his game.

14th January 89 - SW's mom received the registered mail. The date written on the postman's receiver list. Taek return home & had dinner with DS's family.  DS's mom asked abt his dad return,  he said tomorrow morning ie on 15th Jan

15th January 89 - DS's dad saw Taek's dad in the morning & promised to have a drink with him in the evening. He came back in the evening & found him unconscious on the floor. The calendar next to his door state 15 which means 15th Jan 1989!

This chronicle proves that DS went to China & took pic with Taek in January 1989 too. Taek's dad was admitted on the 15th,  a day or so later he asked DS's parents to allow her to go to China, saying it wud only take 2 days to get her passport done. So most probably by 20th she's ready to go. I suspect they took the pic on the 22nd or 23rd January 89. It cant be in February becos Taek's dad was still in the hospital when they took the picture...Also I remember junior reporter mentioned they're lucky to have their picture taken by the older reporter because his skill/pictures are masterpiece. Must be something to it...

So the date on her passport is either a genuine prop error or it was done on purpose. But my bet it was on purpose to confuse viewers abt DS trip to China thus the actual date of her pic withTaek. The PD is very detail even to the calender & time in Taek's dad shop he cant have overlooked the date on her passport.  I suspect the scene DS thrill to see her passport jumping up & down while packing is a completely from a different scene from the future.  It made sense too, if her Passport was issued in Jan 89, with one year validity she definitely can't  still use the same passport in December 89, becos even if its not yet expire l, in reality many countries won't allow foreigners to enter their countries if their passports are less than 3 months or more validity. In DS case if she's gonna follow Taek for his overseas trip again in Dec 89, she definitely cant use the passport she did in Jan 89, so she has to renew her passport,  thus it may be this scene they show us & the reason she was super excited becos she got her new passport on time for the trip... :D 

woah thanks for the detailed analysis!!

i have another question to this...

on tvn youtube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbwK0W-qEFs) there is a video of Park Bo gum and Hyeri wearing the exact same outfit as the picture in China....now just a few days prior to the ep airing so like 1-2 weeks ago on the main thread someone posted the fan sighting of TK and DS in a Chinese style set and also of bora and SW infront of the music concert...both scenes that happened in the eps that then aired a few days after.....

soooo how is it that a video a month ago had the outfits of a scene that was supposed to be filmed 2 weeks ago??

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, mangachickava said:

woah thanks for the detailed analysis!!

i have another question to this...

on tvn youtube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbwK0W-qEFs) there is a video of Park Bo gum and Hyeri wearing the exact same outfit as the picture in China....now just a few days prior to the ep airing so like 1-2 weeks ago on the main thread someone posted the fan sighting of TK and DS in a Chinese style set and also of bora and SW infront of the music concert...both scenes that happened in the eps that then aired a few days after.....

soooo how is it that a video a month ago had the outfits of a scene that was supposed to be filmed 2 weeks ago??

They may not filming in order, and maybe sometimes they film the present and flash back scene on different days

• Like 1

ok this might be totally off and delulu of me

but I was thinking about how when JB was sending in postcards it was about Taek being his neighbor and the radio announcer not believing him saying he gets post cards all the time about that...so maybe he got Taek to come over sign/do something to validate his postcard, anddd DS went to JB for stamps to send hers

and somewhere along there Taek saw her original post card for SW??

I have bad memory sometimes so i dont know if this make any logical sense...

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, mangachickava said:

okkk here is the link for the photo of the filming from the 24th of nov http://blog.naver.com/sexygabbba/220548966808 ...same outfits :3

Hmmmmm I am thinking that they filmed the flash back scenes of Taek and Duksun after his match first, or they filmed it before but decided to re-film it on the 24th of Nov

I hope we can get more details to discuss today, I am so bored here

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, hafunohane said:

JUST A FEW HOURS AWAY FROM EPISODE 11!!!

I'll be trying to watch it live... if the streaming works. Anyway, here are some gifs of SeonTaek from episode 10 :rolleyes: (credit: prkbgm.tumblr.com) 

tumblr_nz4ha4NArA1rj3x1bo3_r1_400.giftumblr_nz4ha4NArA1rj3x1bo9_r1_400.gif

tumblr_nz4ha4NArA1rj3x1bo8_r3_400.giftumblr_nz4ha4NArA1rj3x1bo10_r4_400.gif

tumblr_nz2f7ylzPh1spfigfo1_400.giftumblr_nz2f7ylzPh1spfigfo2_400.gif

tumblr_nz2f7ylzPh1spfigfo5_400.giftumblr_nz2f7ylzPh1spfigfo6_400.gif

The way i see it they can tease and bicker each other but in a very lovely ways..

And others say DS need someone also to protect her but for me Taek can do that... He's not slow and weak..He's too observant to see the ball will hit DS.The way he protect DS from the ball is very manly yet still so gentle..

One of the reason why i really love Taek/DS is because they are so natural... they don't need much romantic/swoon scene to make the viewers fall inlove ...its like FORCE of NATURE when they have scenes...they will just simply leave you a burst of emotions...

^^ I really wish i can have net access later..It will be really great to read your post while on board...^^

• Like 4

On 6 Aralık 2015 at 2:26 PM, onlysb1 said:

I must say TKxDS shippers are quite hilarious :DMaybe we are masochist just like Taek. I seriously felt bad and happy for him on the beach scene ^^ Thanks for sharing DC posts I think I can live now :DSince there is nothing about fishes I will create one

1. I'm too lazy for caps but there was lots of fish reference in ep9

Ever since DS hooked TK with her dance TK wandered off like a jellyfish floating among the waves with a simile at that so do i ^^

See I posted twice about fishes in main tread but nobody cares :((

Lol, I am glad it solved I'm sure It has meaning thanks^^

• Like 5

Well ... only a little longer until touch down hour. Hugs and kisses to all the lovely people here. Thank you for making my week with your insightful, funny, and adorable posts.

No matter what happens we will be strong. Here's to Taek & Deok Sun's continued progress, transformation, and transcendence! The Taektanic is one helluva ship--  I'll party under water if I have to. 

<3

suntaek1.jpgsuntaek2.jpg

• Like 7

Maybe this is non sense but I just notice in R1988 official Twitter..they post something I think about .First Snow.. What they post are the photo of Taek and SW/Bora..

And first Snow somehow in Kdramas is always significant...and its like first snow for them is kinda romantic if they confess to a girl or meet a girl etc. I'm not sure but this is just my observation..hihihihi.. ^^

• Like 3

5 hours ago, hafunohane said:

@nicola_nikka I think it's just his confidence talking because he does not see TK as his competition. He didn't know about TK's feelings back then and all his life he's used to seeing the two of them act like that and DS taking care of TK. in fact he's probably thankful that DS accompanies TK coz he might be worried for TK too. Another possible reason why he left them there is because if he volunteered to accompany DS or to argue Bora's decision as to who should take the bus he may fear that the others(SW, DR, BR) will get suspicious and find out about his secret crush for DS. 

I agree with you. I think JH underestimate Taek, overlooking the fact that Taek is also a hot blooded young man just like him & not a kid. 

However I understand what  @nicola_nikka is saying. JH should have sent Taek home with the rest while he used the excuse not enough space to be alone with DS at the beach then ride the bus home with her. It's a very legitimate excuse to spend time alone with her if he really likes her or love her enough. Just like SW who find stupidest excuse just to see BR or be alone with her. 

Or the very least JH should just send her home with BR,  and he takes the bus with Taek. Even if they fight all the time,  they're still sisters & they both still alive & in one piece. Most guys will think of the girls they love before their own self. Instead for JH, he wants the convenience for himself & leave behind the girl he likes to fend herself.  But of course I'm not complaining since DS gets to spend sweet & happy moments with Taek.

So I still think JH's love for DS is shallow &  he doesn't deserve her. 

• Like 5