Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

59 minutes ago, kepogee said:

From the beginning of the TV series, I’ve always thought Hyeri should get married to a person she can be happy with. I felt bad from Junghwan’s perspective, because Ryu did so well in expressing Junghwan’s feelings.

Screenshot_2016_02_05_16_23_04.png

Park Bogum is #TEAMDUKSEON !!!!!

Daebak. That's our boy!

I luff you. 

• Like 18

1 hour ago, melissala said:

After reading both guy's answers about the husband hunt and Deok-Sun's choice, I think Hyeri is the one who understood everything best. :sweatingbullets:   I'm still waiting for more translations though.  But so far...! Though that's to be expected since she's immersed in playing Deok-Sun. 

i think it because the ultimate choice is still on DS hand...so even if Bogum think he could be husband but like he said there could still be a final twist so he keeping low baduk etiquette expectation doesn't mean he don't understand..he just keep acting as usual without any changes in his love but it DS who gonna make the choice and Hyeri herself still feel confuse until ep16 which part of pd plan..beside his and RJY script might be different he only got his scene with Hyeri&the gang but don't know what kind of scene JH&DS is having beside he don't even film the JH confession scene together since the pd might keep secret from him to surprised for ep19 shooting?

but for me deep down im sure Bogum knew Taek have high possibility as husband that only final twist can change that but for me he doing great job at answering as humble as possible&smart without showing he expected too much or over confident to be husband :P he choose his word carefully&showing respect to the script,PD,co-actors&staff...with how he talk about his company im sure he is under very good hand..

• Like 15

@salz  very true.  it did come down to it being her choice.  And every husband (as I linked before) said they didn't know before the end, so it's common.   And I like how he said he didn't know he would be the husband, but Taek was devoted to DS and spent a lot of time with her.  So he's saying he sees how he's the husband even if he won't really say it.  I honestly like how he said it more than other people not understanding her choice or saying she should have made a different one.  It wasn't their choice, but Deok-Sun's choice and her feelings.  It wasn't about what the guy's felt or did.  And yes I'm glad he said he wanted her to be happy. Hyeri said the same thing. :D  

I also really like how they aren't totally sure about how the plot is going.  They are in there blind, and only know things when they watch the episodes like us.  So, I can see again why he wasn't sure about the dream kiss. 

• Like 11

44 minutes ago, kepogee said:

Q: What do you think about the ending? 
(Asked by Joyce Ann San Pedro)

From the beginning of the TV series, I’ve always thought Hyeri should get married to a person she can be happy with. I felt bad from Junghwan’s perspective, because Ryu did so well in expressing Junghwan’s feelings. 

awww Bogummy is team HyeriDeoksun:wub: he is right she should marry who she most happy with and that obviously not JH :P so for Bogum/Taek of course he know who made DS most happy :P 

• Like 10

3 hours ago, melissala said:

After reading both guy's answers about the husband hunt and Deok-Sun's choice, I think Hyeri is the one who understood everything best. :sweatingbullets:   I'm still waiting for more translations though.  But so far...! Though that's to be expected since she's immersed in playing Deok-Sun. 

I have this thought that he is aware Hyeri is the best person to talk about the husband choosing game in and no position to talk about the husband hunt process since he and RJY when it came down to the choosing part, they were both at receiving end of the stick. And I can see that he took utmost care to watch his words by not projecting his personal feelings to his character TK and consequently avoid fanning shipping wars or ruffling people's feathers he worked with. Like the exemplerary young man that he is, he directed focus on the good parts about his Reply1988 experience.  Looks like he thought very hard about the questions that would come his way and listened to those who counseled him about what best to say. Very good PR indeed as @mangachickava said :)

--------------

ETA: Bogummy also said it was all down to who will make DS happy, much like what Hyeri said. Out of the three (in the love triangle) I think these two really understood their characters well and the writer's intent. 

• Like 14

On 01/02/2016 at 8:55 PM, __jesse said:

Afterword

Why did DS insist she gave the chocolate to Taek?

Well, she lied. She did not want Taek to find out, because SW was her brother-in-law and Taek’s step-brother. Little did she know that Taek had already found out about SW.

It was not uncommon for DS to lie. She lied a few times, especially when it came to protecting her pride as a woman. First, it happened in Taek’s room. Then, she lied about the concert. Finally, she lied again when Taek came to her rescue.

Whenever DS lied, she tends to repeat herself over and over again. That’s a telltale sign. We didn’t know how frequently she lied until ep 18, so we were inclined to believe her. But look at their dialogue again.

Taek: Who did you give the chocolate to? It wasn’t me.
DS: Jesus… Why did you read someone else’s diary? Huh? Why?
Taek: Who did you give it to?
DS: (loudly) I gave it to you!
Taek: You want to die? It wasn’t me!
DS: (softly) Yeah, it was. It wasn’t you? (avoiding eye contact) Yeah, it was.
Taek: I’ll come back after a smoke. (Taek leaves)
DS: It was you!
Taek: (off camera) I told you, it wasn’t me!
DS: (after Taek left) Geez… it was him. It’s been almost 30 years, so I guess he forgot. He was so smart back then, too.

Just moments earlier, DS was reading her diary. She should remember exactly who, how and when she gave the chocolate. But she quickly lowered her voice and avoided eye contact. Taek knew her too well. He could tell immediately that she was lying, so he excused himself to avoid further conflict. Only after Taek left did she continue to insist her stand to the reporter.

I agree with you're chocolate theory , I've been processing about the chocolate mystery but can't solved it. after read your chocolate theory part 1 and part 2. Yours is most logical one. 

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, melissala said:

I also really like how they aren't totally sure about how the plot is going.  They are in there blind, and only know things when they watch the episodes like us.  So, I can see again why he wasn't sure about the dream kiss. 

yeah like in Hyeri script there there confirmation he is her husband with her disappoint over cancel date, the way she looking at Taek even more loving, she staying behind looking at him sleeping, she can't sleep after kissing him, she practicing on her morning greeting for Taek after the kiss, she disappoint when he say it a relieved im sure none of it appear in Bogum script so he only film it from his own script so he not sure about the dream kiss like the viewer..

yeah what i love both him & Hyeri answer what they want is DS happiness rather than focus on the husband hunt 

• Like 9

5 hours ago, ohlalaw said:

could anyone translate this part?

this news also was trending.

http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=081&aid=0002679840&gid=999339&cid=1012695

“택이는 겉으로는 순수하고 멍해 보여도 남자답고 우직한 외유내강 스타일인 것 같아요. 저도 평범하지만 한 가지에 꽂히면 몰두하는 집중력이 있는 편이거든요. 연애할 때도 한 사람에게만 집중하지만 한번에 두 가지를 못하는 성격이라 연기를 시작한 이후엔 연애를 한번도 못 했어요(웃음). 아, 그런데 저 신발끈도 잘 묶고 택이처럼 뭐든지 챙겨 줘야 하는 남자는 아니에요.”

Taek may appear innocent and spaced-out on the outside but I think he is manly, honest to a fault, and [gentle in appearance, but sturdy[tough] in spirit, an iron hand in a velvet glove] style. I'm myself ordinary, but when I focus on something, I tend to concentrate on that one thing and get absorbed, too. When I act, I focus on one person (that character) but with my personality I'm not good at multi-tasking so once I began acting I have never been able to date anyone (laugh). Ah, but I can tie my own shoes and I'm not the kind of man that needs someone to take care everything for him.

(FYI, the word I put in italics is: 외유내강, I just cut-n-pasted the entire definition from Naver dictionary)

• Like 16

On 04/02/2016 at 10:26 AM, pixiemoondust said:

Found this on Twitter, I don't want to corrupt innocent minds so I'm putting it under spoiler. Something happened to Taekie and Dukseon that night in Beijing ....

Reveal hidden contents

ke..ke..ke... those pink sweater make a come back... a very nice one.

• Like 7

On 02/02/2016 at 11:20 PM, Meliere said:

:heart: for @13infamyss, who is so wonderful at picking up suntaek's deep emotional undercurrents. 

I love that the 2016 couple scenes always carry "cues" that evoke some detail or pathos behind TK-DS's long relationship. We should do a big compilation post one of these days. For now, just focusing on this moment alone, there's plenty material to cover.

Bridging off of @13infamyss's post, from this scene we also got--

13-1_zpsc6jrlna1.jpg13-2_zpsinmpvw2n.jpg

Husband Taek intuitively knew DS's bathroom request is more than just a bathroom request, and followed his wife, knowing she'll want to 'talk'.

Which brings us back to Tuesday Feb. 14th, 1989:

13-3_zpsdwzawmzv.jpg

13-4_zpshjfnotc5.jpg

When most kdramas literally throw the heroine under the bus (or under the ocean *cough mask cough*), and the hero is required to play superhero and leap off buildings (though I do love you Healer hehe), I really appreciate how the writer chose the bathroom here. 

"Going to the bathroom" is a simple but banal human actively. Common and instinctive but deeply private and less-than-romantic. 

Notice JH and DR's reactions to DS's bathroom runs (and I won't even bother screencapping their "ews" when DS heads to the bathroom in ep. 10):

Hide contents

13-7_zpsaztulnfl.jpg13-8_zpslqm4vch2.jpg

Although DS is close with all the Ssangmun-dong boys, TK stands out in this instance. 

13-5_zps6rajeexo.jpg14-6_zpsa3hyewuq.jpg

No "ews". No "geez." With the other boys and with her family, Deoksunnie often resorts to 'loud' pleas to be noticed and understood ("do I look pretty?" "How do I look in my new jacket?" "I like fried eggs too!!"). But TK has always been able to read DS's needs and be there for her in the least intrusive way possible. He takes in all her little white lies and accommodates her vulnerabilities. He sees beyond the surface antics and understands her intimately.

Between suntaek, nothing flashy or convoluted is required. No elaborate secrets. No dramatics and histrionics. Their bond is profound but simple-- a steadfast holding of the hands; the assurance she won't change and he'll be there

He'll be there. Waiting just for her.

Deoksun-ah, you got your wish:

13-13_zpsnubiruhx.jpg

--

Also, the set design for ep. 12's restaurant scene says so much about the emotional 'geography' of DS's heart:

13-10_zpsyp5ss2pk.jpg13-9_zpspo4yzjq8.jpg

For those of you who are unfamiliar with R88's color scheme, SW = RED, JH = BLUE, TK = GREEN, DS = YELLOW (lol notice that yellow light cast over LMY's posters?? PD Shin, you detail oriented beast). 

The set design here = the chambers of DS's heart. Near the door is SW's red-- that surface blush of first crush. The middle period comes JH, a coming-of-age exploration of what it might mean to think someone likes you and that sweet possibility of having a " omg boyfriend for reals". 

And then, in the back ... in the deepest chamber of her heart, is TK. Dear, wonderful TK who is always in the back of her mind, forever embedded in its deep recesses. Her love for him has always been there, but it's a matter of subconsciousness vs consciousness, sexual awareness vs innocent devotion. 

--

Bonus no. 1:

Traffic lights - red light or green?

13-11_zpsletv1u5z.jpg13-12_zpsmlc0jyh3.jpg

Sorry JH, your fate was clear in Ep. 9, but Ep. 18 had to make it literal. Evil PD, really.

Hide contents

13-14_zpst8y0uxmr.jpg

--

Bonus no. 2:

6 pm, the hour of Taek

6pm.1_zpslbqewrjb.jpg6pm.2_zpsroparviz.jpg6pm.3_zpsulenmv5f.jpg

daebak... you have an eagle eyes.. saving it to my brain, and using it when I rewatching R88 . thank you for pointed it out.

• Like 9

On 03/02/2016 at 6:48 AM, otomame said:

@melissala I snagged the Deoksun one if you don't mind (I love Hyeri's smile ❤)

Another batch of DC Gallery posts because I love browsing through their posts and SunTaek has still taken over my life

A compilation of Deoksun looking at Taek (up to episode 9) http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=reply1988&no=838137

Someone noticed a safety pin sticking out on Bogum's pants during the kiss scene. This one cracks me up, it's just so random lol http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=reply1988&no=838303

"When God made Choi Taek" http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=reply1988&no=838140

A list of similarities between SunTaek, SunBora and Sunwoo Mom/Taek Dad (DC Gallery is calling them "MooSun" :lol:), they found similarities shared between Taek-Bora-Moosung and Deoksun-Sunwoo-Sunyoung http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=reply1988&no=850454&page=4

A compilation of similarities between SunBora and SunTaek http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=reply1988&no=850472&page=2 (hiding the picture in a spoiler tag because it's huge)

My "summary" (if anyone can give a full translation please do so :lol:)

1. Deoksun and Sunwoo share birthdays

2. Taek and Bora both smoke

3. When Deoksun was 9 she gave Bora a mark under her eye and Taek the scar on his forehead

4. Sunwoo's feelings for Bora change after being comforted by her warm words, Deoksun's feelings for Taek change after seeing him during his Baduk matches (not sure about this one)

5. Both Sunwoo and Deoksun had a scene with Bora and Taek while wearing a cast

6. Sunwoo and Taek gave gloves as their seret santa gifts for Bora and Deoksun

7. Sunwoo and Taek confessed to Bora and Deoksun on the day of the first snow (indirect confession in Taek's case)

8. Sunwoo and Deoksun asked for/made fried egg for Bora and Taek

9. Bora and Taek ran to the concert hall for Sunwoo and Deoksun

10. Taek got to know about Sunwoo and Bora after catching them on the street, Sunwoo got to know the depth of Taek's feelings for Deoksun when Taek told him he feels like dying without Deoksun

11. Sunwoo and Taek both referred to Bora and Deoksun as cute

12. Sunwoo and Deoksun covered the feet of Bora and Taek with a blanket after seeing they're barefoot

13. Bora and Deoksun couldn't sleep when they got to know that Sunwoo and Taek are meeting other girls/going on blind dates

14. When Bora and Sunwoo broke up and Taek wasn't meeting up with Deoksun anymore they both spent their entire time at home sleeping

15. October 16th 1994, 5pm, the 1% chance: Bora and Deoksun meet Sunwoo and Taek

16. The next day: Bora and Deoksun sleep tight and end up facing each other during their sleep, Sunwoo and Taek happily eat breakfast

Hide contents

rCdS0jM.jpg

Someone pointed out that in every episode there was a shopping bag in the background, I can't read their analysis on that though, anyone who can offer a translation for this? It looks really interesting http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=reply1988&no=850400&page=5

YOH4Enp.jpg

Watching another interview of Bogum (from his Naeil Cantabile days) and when he was asked what role he would like to play in his next drama he answered: "In 'Naeil's Cantablie' I'm the only one who has an unrequited crush on Naeil. Having an unrequited love is hard because the other person won't accept my feelings so in my next drama I'd like to have a mutual love". It wasn't in your next drama but with Reply 1988 your wish came true, Bogum :lol:

thank you for sharing those. DC forum also meticulous how does they found those safety pin LOL.

love this drama more and more...

• Like 2

8 hours ago, lxands said:

For the scene they most probably dont shoot in sequence. Like may be she sat there watching first, then him sending her home ect. And probably they shoot even more act than just the kiss , so even its to hard to imagine even for actors what the pd has in mind. Also as per ep 17 they too probably thought it was just a dream since he might think the part HR's sitting & watching him sleep was edited out,  not knowing it's for ep 19.

However I too doubt if he only find out at ep 19 because HR knew since ep 16, surely she talk to him abt it ? Hmmm...

The dream kiss happened in episode 17 and Hyeri already knew that time that Taek is the husband. Her shot practicing how she should greet Taek can be taken while the other actors were not watching. Or they can just also shoot those added scenes after the 17th episode was aired. They could just make them wear the same clothes and have their hairs done the same way. 

• Like 4