Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

26 minutes ago, mangachickava said:

but middle grade wouldn't be the flashback of the scar ...it would be something else....

Yeah sorry I wasn't clear. The speculation about the flashback of the scar is a separate speculation not related to the school filming scenes...

Some parts of me hope the middle school filming is a flashback to when Taek liked DS, but some parts also wish they are filming in the middle school but its actually for a high school scene. Would like to see Taek taking care of DS... XD or even DS friends bumping into Taek for once!

• Like 7

I really loved all the post here..it's so entertaining and it really makes my day.. Reading all the post enlighten us...^^ 

guys regards on the roof..I was thinking that the first poster about house might not really related on the character color..maybe Pds want to confuse the viewers only and assume JH is green.. Hihihihi! r becoz I saw the roof of JH its blue..the real house on the scene... ^^ I don't know if it make sense..

• Like 6

Guest gerimisore

Hey, guys! I want to ask you something. I point it out solely because I'm curious. I apologize in advance for always bringing up something silly ^^;; I'm not that good in catching important clues. That's why I'm thankful to be here, because I have you all. (and also sorry if someone has already mentioned it before)

It's about the left-handed thing.

Yes, I know, it most probably be a red herring, not an actual clue. It will be too easy to reveal a clue this big from the beginning, isn't it? However, the fact that Taek is ambidextrous is most likely true. As we can see clearly that he uses both his hands well. We know in what occasion and which scene he uses his right or his left hand. But, I read somewhere (it's prolly Dramabeans) that some shippers dismissed this clue because JH also uses both his hands well.

Am I missing something?

I'm not really that observant but as much as I remember, I thought JH is clearly right-handed? Does he ever use his left hand to do something "important"? I don't know how to explain it in English, but you know, the things that require you to use your dominant hand, like writing, eating, etc. and not like picking up the phone or raising a cup or handing something to someone. I mean I am right-handed but it doesn't mean I will never use my left hand. I just want to know in which episode and which scene that JH clearly uses his left hand since some of the shippers claim that 'ah, it's a red herring. JH also uses his left hand well.' I'm not attacking anyone, I'm just simply curious. Does anybody know?

It's unclear whether the husband is left-handed or not. But the fact that they cast a left-handed actor is interesting (and he doesn't even hide his left-handedness). 

--

I thought about this today after coming back from campus and suddenly realized I held my cup of coffee using my left hand from campus all the way to my house. lol. I can't stop thinking about this drama, it's getting unhealthy.

So,I just downloaded ep 11 and I noticed a green flag at TK's house(00:35:17) ,you can miss it at the blink of an eye. The flag is shown immediately after JH is standing at hus "blue" gate waiting for DS. 

@gerimisore at first we could only that TK used his left hand but after sometime,he used the right hand to write. We knew about JH using right from the beginning but it was pointed out later that he's uses left too LOL..To avoid complicating arguments, we all just left it at TK and JH being ambidextrous. But I might be wrong. :)

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, gerimisore said:

Hey, guys! I want to ask you something. I point it out solely because I'm curious. I apologize in advance for always bringing up something silly ^^;; I'm not that good in catching important clues. That's why I'm thankful to be here, because I have you all. (and also sorry if someone has already mentioned it before)

It's about the left-handed thing.

It's unclear whether the husband is left-handed or not. But the fact that they cast a left-handed actor is interesting (and he doesn't even hide his left-handedness). 

--

Sorry I cut your post, your're right, I think the left-handed is also a red herring because there's no proof the husband is left-handed yet, he holds his cup by his left hand but even right-handed people also do that.

I didn't see any scenes which showed JH is left-handed btw, maybe I missed it (?)

• Like 4

Guest gerimisore
8 minutes ago, mellinadear said:

@gerimisore at first we could only that TK used his left hand but after sometime,he used the right hand to write. We knew about JH using right from the beginning but it was pointed out later that he's uses left too LOL..To avoid complicating arguments, we all just left it at TK and JH being ambidextrous. But I might be wrong. :)

In which scene? Because, just like @lovelyrainy i didn't see any scenes that showed JH is left-handed.

Just wondering, if it's the color theory is right, do you all remember when future DS introduced all the characters in ep 1? Only TK house has color in it (the board has green as the background, with yellow in the diamond and a little bit blue near the words).. Is it a clue that TK is the husband? Hehe I'm being too delusional hahaha

• Like 7

39 minutes ago, gerimisore said:

In which scene? Because, just like @lovelyrainy i didn't see any scenes that showed JH is left-handed.

Lol truth be told,I have no clue either.

39 minutes ago, gerimisore said:

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, minibunny said:

Just wondering, if it's the color theory is right, do you all remember when future DS introduced all the characters in ep 1? Only TK house has color in it (the board has green as the background, with yellow in the diamond and a little bit blue near the words).. Is it a clue that TK is the husband? Hehe I'm being too delusional hahaha

We don't know if it's right or not yet, at least  it's sounds true that we should  attribute colors  with character's background(individually not on relationship base) and some of the dolls/clues makes sense if you look at it objectively they may very well  associated with highlights of episodes  not emotions,   so most likely Taek is green one while JH is blue. But this does not mean husband is green , we can't assume things because of at other installment , that would be misleading for our theory and we would be deceiving ourselves which is same as saying just JH is absolute green while others color change  ^^

• Like 5

Omg the color theories are crazy.People have so many different chambers in their mind to actually invent all these,I am already having headaches reading them =/.Anyway,I think I agree with @mellinadear that different colors are used in different episodes to show different moods.I wonder apart from colors if there are any other clues here.I am watching ep 11 and taek's father says taek likes to be clingy to the one he likes,by make them doing menial jobs and all.I don't know if it gives any hint at something,considering taek's father and sw's mom are gonna be paired up.Apart from that,whenever jh is watching taek and ds together,it's like a premonition,that he knows already that deok sun's gonna fall for taek.I also noticed how ds's friends are always taking the updates from her about jh,which  make the whole jh- ds romance more questionable.As if she's just happy with having a potential boyfriend for a consideration,and just wants to work on how to make it happen.Her thoughts or feelings about jh is never mentioned or questioned.While when she's with taek,at least her reaction or shocked effect are for real,no one is pushing her that way.

• Like 5

Guest jayx143

I already posted this in other ship thread, but I figured you guys could enjoy a laugh too ^^ borrowed some ideas from this thread to make it. :lol: Editing it just a bit to make it more relevant.

Anyways.

---

Mm guys. I'm sorry but I'm not sure if I believe in TK/DS anymore. I feel like this is all a big red herring that the PDs chose to distract us with from the actual, totally real, main pairing.

Spoiler

JUNG HWAN / TAEK

Don't believe me? I have compiled some evidences.

• Protecting bae

tumblr_nz1niqcYzK1tmjt2ko7_400.gif

• Always taking care of him

tumblr_nz1niqcYzK1tmjt2ko3_400.gif

• JH wants to cuddle w/ TK. (notice him seething with jealousy)

tumblr_nz1niqcYzK1tmjt2ko6_400.gif

• Tucking him in <3

tumblr_nzasgi8fes1qaoi2mo9_r1_400.gif

• That hug. OMG. So much awkward sexual tension.

tumblr_ny6gcczok31qaoi2mo6_400.gif

• The total look of heartbreak on his face as TK confesses his feelings for someone else :tears:

tumblr_nyw80lA0531t0acxpo3_250.gif

• the infamous almost kiss scene *SQUEEEEEEE* look at that face grab  *_____*

tumblr_nz1niqcYzK1tmjt2ko8_400.gif

And finally, our biggest clue:

JH's most prominent feature is his lips.

tumblr_nycdk9xYAv1sppmuyo1_400.jpg

Who else has prominent lips? Pepe the fking frog.

VBEycfmb.jpg

Guess what frogs love? Green marshes and lily pads. 

Guess who's name can also mean marsh/lily pad?

That's right.

TAEK.

pi7r4eE4T.gif

We got it wrong. We got it so SOOOOO wrong.

Anyways, I hope my analysis can help you guys reach a conclusion and form your own opinion on what is the TRUE ship of this series.

gif/photo creds: itsbecauseiseeghostspaper-boxthedramacapsstravagingheartoue.chock

Guest gerimisore
7 minutes ago, mellinadear said:

LOL :D So, I think we can conclude that Taek is ambidextrous, JH is (so far) right-handed (until someone finds the evidence that he uses his left-hand), and the future husband is unknown. Although the future husband uses his left hand most of the time but he was just holding a cup of coffee, so yeah, status still unknown. 

Anyway, I watched ep 12 and thought that DR is gonna be the best wingman ever. That teasing smile he throws at Taek and Deoksun after Taek said "It ended early" is epic. He was like, "wooooo. bro, i know what you're doing."  LOL.

I don't want to bother anyone but if you remember which ep this was showed correct my interpretation ^^ Firstly  doll's above are placed in DS's room,   below placed in Taek's room as you can see their expressions  constant so one can't define it based on  variation of emotions actually ^^ Our characters mostly seen same as doll's expressions in drama too anyways so I'll chose not to be parciluar about about it.  

image.jpg

Spoiler

Taek's dolls foreshadowing  that DS'll stick with SW which come true since JH was picking up on  her most of the time in earlier episodes, while Taek looks like sleeping or not exactly in picture which is true if we look at his condition and screen time.

DS's dolls foreshadowing of eating pizza scene, while only  others listening to  SW with his confession JH loses interest  and turns his direction other way ^^ (I know  I'm  simple ^^)

-----

I'll remind you my interpretation refer predictions, like when they showed red purple together before sw's confession or they become couple, red yellow together before ds made her feelings fot sw obvious , green  turned to fallen yellow before Taek'd asked out DS which is still crying, blue placed distanced from other just before JH misinterpreted SW's feeling ,again  blue looking at yellow and green , JH's bothered so can't move on the more he sees ds and tk close .... I consider all this as turning points of relationships. it's not just that who likes who game and green is husband  I know it's risky but still makes more sense to me plus more fun^^

• Like 6

I managed to re-watch all the episodes today and I fell for Taek even more. Bahaha XD. I feel like by re-watching the eps, it made me open up my eyes a little bit more and gain new perspective on things I never thought of before. I think that Taek would make a pretty good husband. Though I'm not saying that Deoksun must be with Taek or should be with Taek or anything like that since I'm not much of shipper of anything. More like I meant him being MY husband. Bahahaha. Not that Junghwan makes a terrible husband or anything. He would actually make a great one too. But since this is not a Junghwan thread I will only talk about Taek's qualities. haha

So I just would like to share some interesting qualities of uri Taek-ie.

Taek is a character with a lot of appealing qualities that balances well for his character as a whole. I know some people find him to be too reliable on others but I actually think that it is just his way of wanting attention from the people he loves. He actually does pretty much fine when he is on his own. Not that I'm saying that he is childish to be still wanting attention from people though. With him being quite the outsider in the group, sure they do dote on him, but you can't deny that he is an outsider in a way that his time spent with the group is much lesser than the others due to his career as well as him not going to school alongside the others. Most of the time, he is not there to share the same fun experience the group has. And also being an only son with a single dad and losing a mother at such a young age, surely it is understandable for him to crave attention and acceptance of others. His life is also constantly under the spotlight due to his career. Therefore for me, I see it as him making an effort to make a presence among his friends and for them to treat him like a normal teenager.

He also listens well and is understanding. Basically we all know by now how much of a good listener Taek is when it comes to Deoksun. He practically remembers every incident involving her. To list some of the things he remembered about her which I can remember :

- confession during the first snow (thus his call to ask her out on a movie date on that snowy day)

- despite being busy and spending 2 days without sleep, he remembered about the movie date and made the effort to go. (though of course, he fell asleep. can't help it. lol)

- he remembered her constantly talking about the radio show and Lee Moonse thus he started listening to the radio as well as listening to Lee Moonsae songs. Let's just say he started gaining more interest in the pop culture because of her.

- he remembered her wanting the pink gloves and so he gave her one (though it sadly happened off-screen)

- he remembered exactly when he received the forehead injury from her and how many stitches needed

- he remembered her story about the flasher thus his impromptu decision to go to the washroom after she stood up to go during the 1st washroom scene.

Please let me know if there are more because sadly I don't quite have a good memory like Taek despite me liking him as much as he likes Deoksun. LOL XD

As for the understanding part, we saw it in the latest episode when she cried after seeing the flasher. She told him not to tell the others because she's embarrassed and he understood that without any questions or hesitation. Therefore to not trample her pride, he followed her quietly and used his smoking break as an excuse to actually follow her all the way and wait for her outside the toilet in order to protect her from another encounter with the flasher.

Another quality I like about Taek is his competitiveness and seriousness in situations where he needs to be. I feel that in the real world, a man has to have a bit of a competitiveness. How else can a man be successful if he is not competitive? How else can a husband manage and be a leader to his family if he doesn't have a bit of competitiveness in him? Excessive competitiveness is bad but if a person is moderately competitive when the situation demands it, then I think it is a good thing. Being exposed to the working adult world from such a young age, Taek definitely has a serious and mature side to him. But that side of him is rarely seen or exposed to his friends which I believe is due to him wanting to blend in with them and also wanting to still experience the childhood he didn't get to experience much when he is out playing Baduk.

I also like how even though Taek is always the person to receive sympathy from others, he, himself, has an empathetic quality which makes him feel for others as much as they felt for him. He is a person who receives a lot of love and knows it and he, in turn, gives his love back in his own way. We can clearly see this empathetic nature of his during the scene where he was consoling Deoksun's dad and the way they open up through their shared feelings and experience. Another example of him displaying his empathy is during the episode with Jungbong's surgery. He was worried and empathized with Junghwan's mum. This guy right here might seem like he is clueless about the world but the fact is that he does. Probably more than what the people his age would know.

I also like the fact that Taek is a mysterious character with unexpected reversal charms. I think koreans called it 반전 매력 (Ban-jeon mae-ryeok)? Like you think you know him but you don't really know him. One moment he looks cold and expressionless and the next he looks warm and cuddly. One moment he seems like an idiot but the next he seems like a real genius. One moment he is naive and clueless and the next he is wise and mature. haha. It's really interesting how his character is a contradiction of things. It makes me want to know more of him.

Deoksun and Taek has quite a strong foundation for them to be able to communicate and understand each other without much words. Notice the way they comfort each other in the latest ep? They don't really need to say much. That is how much they know and understand each other, being childhood friends and all. I actually think that Taek kinda looks up to Deoksun in a way and thinks highly of her opinions. Which we can see during the scene where he called her to ask for her opinion on what he should get for his dad. He could've called any of the guys but yet he called for Deoksun's opinion. Which is why I believe that for Taek, Deoksun's opinion matters the most and that he trust her thoughts completely. Love how Deoksun comforts and cheered him up with a simple "You've worked hard" and let him lean on her while he smiles without saying anything at all. You can tell that one sentence is pretty much all he needs to hear and how powerful that one sentence can be for him. And I love how Taek, too, does the same for her. He patiently waited until she's done crying and letting her know that it is okay to cry and it isn't an embarrassing thing at all. Just simple words and actions without any extravagance. I love that.

pbXn7T2.jpg

Bonus gif:

26tOVZrfjTqpdtTqg.gif

Taek & Dongryong are just adorable! hahaha

• Like 16

Guest ngocdpb

Hi, everyone. Normally I'm a quite member but after reading all your opinions, I think I have to say something. I used to watch Kdrama and Kmovie a lot, may be from 6 years old until senior high school (there were lots of Chinese and Korean tv series and drama on TV in my country back then). Lately, I've come back for Korean culture. "She was pretty" was the first comeback project and then it is AM1988. I didn't watch AM1994 and "97 so I've had no knowledge about PD-trolling and husband hunting, I've just enjoyed and laughed instead. I never joint for discussing abt drama or movie.

However, I was confused about the scene Learning how to curse of TK and had to log in to ask abt it at main thread. At that moment, I saw this topic's link there. You're all amazing but worry too much abt your ship. I'm not a 139 IQ person, but 135 one, lol, and all I see is Taekki - the husband from the beginning (or maybe I'm also an idiot, lol). I didn't read new abt the drama also the cast, I didn't know who PBG is. I need to learn Korean and learning from a comedy is interesting (I usually don't care about the showbiz, just care about the art). 

I'm also ambidextrous naturally. I write and draw by right hand; paint, eat and do other things by left hand; play chess by both hands. Ambidextrous people tend to use the hand which is nearer the thing they have to pick or take than the other.

CMIIW. BTW, thank you so much, all of you, for making an awesome topic!

:wub:

Though the color theories keep changing I think the latest one that jh=blue,ds=yellow,and taek=green make much more sense.Considering these three have been there for long,and while the previous one when jh=green,ds=yellow were basically everywhere,but now the three colors blue,yellow,green have been more prominent .I do think these colors are inspired on the ruby cube,and just like the way the box keeps changing position from here to there,the colors in the drama keep changing shift.But I took into notice these pictures out of curiosity,and these similarity were kind of there mildly,sorry for the long post, and the photos,moderators can feel free to delete this if too much space consuming =|.Sorry if these images have been posted already.

Spoiler

answer02-00148.jpg

Spoiler

answer04-00976a.jpg

Spoiler

answer09-00443.jpg

Spoiler

answer06-01310.jpg

About the last picture,I thought future husband's trouser is similar to the ones,that taek wears most of the time.JH is more inclined toward formal pants.And lastly the picture below is what I'm more confused about,the blue brush is outside the game board,and it basically is not even in the board.So maybe it's not related to the drama at all.This is why sometimes I get too much engrossed with the colors,but again this reminds me that maybe the color theories are just vaguely there without no specific reason concerned =/.

Spoiler

answer10-01466.jpg

• Like 7

The main thread is going crazy over concert/kiss/and this crazy theory about jh's lips! How much weird can it get =P,though it seems like there are some concert date that jh and ds are going to,which could culminate to something else at the end.We've got ep 13 and 14 I guess after which the drama takes a break for one week? So ep 14 can be labelled as the preview before season finale right.Or it's too soon to get the glimpse of the end? Anyway I hope they show some decisive factor regarding the husband because I feel tired/exhausted from the labor of reading recaps,reading posts from different threads on soompi,rest of the time speculating  and thus loosing my precious times over this lol.And can't stop watching either,as I've already watched half of the story,=/.

• Like 4

Hello! I'm newbie here.I registered this site because i want to share my thought on this topic so much.First of all i'm sorry for my bad english hahaha.I kept reading almost every  comment on this topic and yeah about color theories,after I replayed some episodes again and again,I'm still believe that taek is green and jh is blue.Here is what I got today,sorry if all of you've already known this.:P

Spoiler

In episode 4,which has scene that JH washing his face in bathroom and then JB open door and see that JH has a nosebleed.He drops rubik from his hand and rubik shows blue color and one orange corner block so I interpreted it told us that JH is blue and orange block is represent blood.I don't know that I'm right or wrong but I want to share this for you.Sorry again for everyone that knew it already and for my bad English.I can't upload the pics now so sorry about that too.:P

Reading this topic always make me happy.thanks a lot everyone! :D

Edited by magimagic
  • Like 7