Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

On 12/9/2015 at 9:35 PM, moonkeeper said:

Hi! Guys does anyone knows their bday? maybe the kids alignment is based on their age?/bday ranking?

I've actually been trying to keep track of this.

DR - January 28, 1971

JH - March XX, 1971

SW - September 17, 1971

DS - September 17, 1971

TK - October 8, 1971

Additionally,

BR - September 14, 1968

Edited by liteulkwin
JH's birthday
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, moonkeeper said:

Hi! Guys does anyone knows their bday? maybe the kids alignment is based on their age?/bday ranking?

I was reading their character profiles on tvn and I don't know if they have been updating it, but it says SW likes BR.  It says all of them were born in 1971.  No month/date.  But we know DS's birthday is August 1988 from the first episode, right? Taek's birthday was in episode 2 and after the Olympics I think so it is October 1971.  We also know DR's birthday from episode 10 when he ran away so he must be a January baby.  The other two boys must be in between DR and DS.

http://program.interest.me/tvn/reply1988/21/Contents/Html?h_seq=1

More importantly, there is clue in JH's profile that due to his personality, he is not liked by girls.  That is why he only had DS as his friend who was a girl.  How can he have dated lots of girls if girls don't like him?

Taek's profile focuses on Go (baduk) but says at the end, from a certain time, even in his cold heart, a warm wind started blowing.  Whenever he starts thinking about her, he feels better, he sees her and it brings laughter.  For the first time, he wants to venture, not to the Go board, but to the world where she lives.

DS's profile says at the end: First love comes to her.  One of her childhood friends will be her first in her life, a love, the first love begins.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, liteulkwin said:

I've actually been trying to keep track of this.

DR - January 28, 1971

JH - 

SW - September 17, 1971

DS - September 17, 1971

TK - October 8, 1971

Since we haven't seen JH's birthday, I'm expecting it to be between January-September.

Additionally,

BR - September 14, 1968

Thanks @liteulkwin woww you really take note down that details..hihihihi..^^

Guest hien le
12 minutes ago, miri13 said:

I was reading their character profiles on tvn and I don't know if they have been updating it, but it says SW likes BR.  It says all of them were born in 1971.  No month/date.  But we know DS's birthday is June or July 1988 from the first episode, right? We also know DR's birthday from episode 10 when he ran away so he must be a January baby.  The other three boys must be in between DR and DS.

http://program.interest.me/tvn/reply1988/21/Contents/Html?h_seq=1

More importantly, there is clue in JH's profile that due to his personality, he is not liked by girls.  That is why he only had DS as his friend who was a girl.  How can he have dated lots of girls if girls don't like him?

Taek's profile focuses on Go (baduk) but says at the end, from a certain time, even in his cold heart, a warm wind started blowing.  Whenever he starts thinking about her, he feels better, he sees her and it brings laughter.  For the first time, he wants to venture, not to the Go board, but to the world where she lives.

DS's profile says at the end: First love comes to her.  One of her childhood friends will be her first in her life, a love, the first love begins.

Thank you for translate, I love everything about Teak and DS. On the map theory, people said on episode 12 husband hunting will be end. Thus, we will know the answer on this Saturday. I prepare to be broken heart. 

Just to talk abt Reply series promo gimmick...

I wonder why people keep saying the leads are unknown? Perhaps yes for foreigners but for Koreans? R97 SIG is one of the Superstar K winner, for heaven sake, who exactly vote for him to make him a winner?  *roll-eyes*  Even if he's a newbie in acting he was already a famous celebrity. Eunji was not famous yet under her own name but was already known as the smashing voice  lead vocalist for an uprising girl group a pink, same goes with Hoya. The love rival,SJH, has been around but always been the 2nd lead or the main badass, like in the drama The Princess Man. However during R97 promotion, his name wasn't mention much, just like RJY.

In R94, I only know YYS from architecture 101  & GFB but I already know the love interest triangle is between him & JW since the very beginning. JW  character has the upperhand because he's the only one who knows the heroine since childhood & the heroine as been in love with him long before the boarders including Chilbong come to live with them. And we know our PD here has a soft spot for childhood love. Still JW is a more established actor than YYS.

In R88 it was the opposite of R94 between DS & the boys. She knows everyone including 2nd female lead since birth except Taek whom everyone met around 8, and all of them are protective of him especially DS. The symbolic way to show how much each care for him...when he broke his arm DR & SW help to carry his bag & files, JH shared his cards with him while DS carry him on her back, when even its not like his leg was broken...

Anyway I don't see why people keep saying  JH is the husband when future husband doesn't look anything like young JH especially his eyes unless JH did plastic surgery to his eyes. If we want to talk abt future husband & the boys in 1988 characteristics than DR is the best match. Future hubby sarcasm match DR's style the most & he's not as pricky as JH. So its not surprising if future hubby is Taek too, since he pick up his sarcsm remarks from DR becos among the boys he's closest to DR.

Birthdays

SW & DS - 17 September 1971

Taek - November 1971

Bora - 14 September 1968

DR - January 1972 (early 72...born in Jan & Feb but start school with the previous year's batch)

JH - ?? I think he's the earliest born in 1971,  if i I'm not wrong the moms talk abt it in ep 1

• Like 8

Hi guys, just curious, what do you guys think about the time jump to 1994 in episode 15? I'm sure it's gonna affect the triangle's dynamic even though based on D' study plan theory the triangle will be resolved by episode 12. Here are some possible scenarios based on my experience watching the previous two Reply series:

1. JH- DS date between episode 12-15, then we fast forwarded to 1994 and they've broken up due to something just like in R1994 when Najung and Trash broke up. Then they reunite again over time and got married. ENDGAME: JH- DS. 

or

2. JH did the noble idiocy thing just like YJ did in R1997. He allowed TK- DS to date, then TK-DS broke up. JH reenter the picture by 1994.. but then somehow DS, albeit swayed by JH for a bit, got back together with TK. ENDGAME: TK- DS

or

3. JH- DS dated but DS ended up with TK as the husband because life happens and first love doesn't always become your last love. Shin PD moved away from the familiar plot and created a twist in which for once, the genius gets the girl. ENDGAME: TK- DS

or

4. DS dated both TK and JH but married DR... HEOL... biggest plot twist ever. 

------

Also, not to rain on anyone's parade but I hope we don't place too much focus on the future scene/ filming scenes pointing out more to Taek as the hubby. The reason i said this is because they did this with CB as the second lead in R1994. CB appeared more in stills/ BTS/ news articles.. heck they even made it like all the future clues point to him being the hubby when in fact it was that way because the main couple lived at CB's old house. That was why the term Chilbonged was invented... For all I know they could easily explain why JH hold his glass on his left hand in just a 3 second scene and flipped the entire game just like that. Or, worse, they could make ALL THE BOYS SMOKE by the time they get older... and render Taek's smoking scene in ep 9 meaningless in terms of hints. I am still bitter when they show clues of the hubby's last name being 'joon' and both dudes have 'Joon' as their last names. Same thing for 1997 when we have 2 possible candidates. It was frustrating because both guys are also brothers so they LITERALLY have the same taste in everything from coffee to couple rings. so when the photo frame showed up in 2015 I immediately knew they're gonna make both guys have a photo with DS. SIGH....

• Like 4

I for one will be pretty frustrated if Jung Hwan is end game, simply because it would be like chugging stale milk:

Yoon Jae - Trash - Jung Hwan = Bicker, bicker, bicker

Yoon Jae's brother - Chilbong - Taek = famous dudes who are human obstacle courses to keep the otp apart

I really hope the writer will evolve this time, and won't rehash the same old cliches. 

But PROBLEM IS (and I posted this question on the reply 1988 forum), aren't Kdramas pretty cut-and-dry when it comes to OTPs? Like the stated leads will always get together, without exception. In AM 1997, Jung Eunji & Seo In Guk were billed as the leads; and then in 1994, Go Ara & Jung Woo were also listed as leads and ended up married. 

I'm asking because Taek is my favorite, and I think it'd be unexpected, brilliant writing to reveal him as the husband (plus dark!Taek is hot as hell). But at the present I think that's 100% wish fulfillment on my part, simply because Ryu Junyeol is listed on all the websites as the male lead (second name after Heyri's Deok Sun).

So isn't is guaranteed that Jung Hwan is end game? What's the point of the PD throwing a bunch of red herrings when the kdrama casting system never lends itself to any ambiguity? Has anyone ever seen a drama where the "official" listed second lead actually got the girl?!

• Like 5

Guest hien le

@lxands in the beginning, I though DR may be the husband because the way he fighting with DS, or they sang together. However, in the next episodes, the producer invested more time and story for JH. I don't think 2nd man will get a lot of time like that. 

12 minutes ago, Meliere said:

I for one will be pretty frustrated if Jung Hwan is end game, simply because it would be like chugging stale milk:

Yoon Jae - Trash - Jung Hwan = Bicker, bicker, bicker

Yoon Jae's brother - Chilbong - Taek = famous dudes who are human obstacle courses to keep the otp apart

See how this setup is seriously boring, expected, and unrealistic? It's like the writer never dated IRL, and formed all her conceptions about love from kdramas (bickering = sexual tension, OTP = never date extensively on the screen, but magically meant to be & married at the end).

I really hope the writer will evolve this time, and won't rehash the same old cliches. 

But PROBLEM IS (and I posted this question on the reply 1988 forum), aren't Kdramas pretty cut-and-dry when it comes to OTPs? Like the stated leads will always get together, without exception. In AM 1997, Jung Eunji & Seo In Guk were billed as the leads; and then in 1994, Go Ara & Jung Woo were also listed as leads and ended up married. 

I'm asking because Taek is my favorite, and I think it'd be unexpected, brilliant writing to reveal him as the husband (plus dark!Taek is hot as hell). But at the present I think that's 100% wish fulfillment on my part, simply because Ryu Junyeol is listed on all the websites as the male lead (second name after Heyri's Deok Sun).

So isn't is guaranteed that Jung Hwan is end game? What's the point of the PD throwing a bunch of red herrings when the kdrama casting system never lends itself to any ambiguity? Has anyone ever seen a drama where the "official" listed second lead actually got the girl?!

totally agree with you! so it's all pointless right? the only thing that is giving me hope now is the thought that maybe the writer really "prepared" for this new series. Like if she really intentionally wrote Taek that way, less screen time at the beginning then big surprise at the end..because it was said that Lee Chang Ho, "DOES NOT ATTACK MUCH....HE OFTEN WINS BY MAKING HIS OPPONENTS THINK THEY'RE WINNING"-- how do we see Taek now? we see him as a character who's going to lose the girl again, next chilbong & the typical second lead with characteristics similar to Tae Woong & Chilbong BUT the writer really wants to confuse us since she is adding some Yoon Jae/Trash elements on him too (just like the childhood flashback) --like she wanted to imply that this kid will be the husband because he was highlighted in the flashback, but even after that episode...most of the viewers still think, the husband is JH--most of us still think that JH is going to WIN.

I'd be extremely surprised if Taek ends up with DS,it's going to be a breath of fresh air. I'm saying this not because I also ship hyeri and bogum in real life, but as a fan of reply series, who waited 2 years not just to witness another bickering couple who live literally in the same house, fall in love & marry in the future. I'm looking for that DEEP CONNECTION between the girl & boy, i think one of the reasons why we feel DS  &TK are more connected is because we had seen a glimpse of their childhood interaction & we see that they're in sync, in contrast with JH--who's secretly crushing & doing things for her. (btw, in Dream High, Kim Soo hyun had lesser screentime at the beginning too, but he got the girl in the end, Kim Soo Hyun was the main lead in Producers but he didn't end up with the girl he liked) :)

• Like 10

1 hour ago, lady65432 said:

totally agree with you! so it's all pointless right? the only thing that is giving me hope now is the thought that maybe the writer really "prepared" for this new series. Like if she really intentionally wrote Taek that way, less screen time at the beginning then big surprise at the end..because it was said that Lee Chang Ho, "DOES NOT ATTACK MUCH....HE OFTEN WINS BY MAKING HIS OPPONENTS THINK THEY'RE WINNING"-- how do we see Taek now? we see him as a character who's going to lose the girl again, next chilbong & the typical second lead with characteristics similar to Tae Woong & Chilbong BUT the writer really wants to confuse us since she is adding some Yoon Jae/Trash elements on him too (just like the childhood flashback) --like she wanted to imply that this kid will be the husband because he was highlighted in the flashback, but even after that episode...most of the viewers still think, the husband is JH--most of us still think that JH is going to WIN.

I'd be extremely surprised if Taek ends up with DS,it's going to be a breath of fresh air. I'm saying this not because I also ship hyeri and bogum in real life, but as a fan of reply series, who waited 2 years not just to witness another bickering couple who live literally in the same house, fall in love & marry in the future. I'm looking for that DEEP CONNECTION between the girl & boy, i think one of the reasons why we feel DS  &TK are more connected is because we had seen a glimpse of their childhood interaction & we see that they're in sync, in contrast with JH--who's secretly crushing & doing things for her. (btw, in Dream High, Kim Soo hyun had lesser screentime at the beginning too, but he got the girl in the end, Kim Soo Hyun was the main lead in Producers but he didn't end up with the girl he liked) :)

Maybe the Pds planned it out from the start..maybe most of the viewers will assume JH is the lead man becoz of listing cast,poster etc.because that the usual pattern of kdrama..but since this R1988 and they want to bring something new..it really started from the beggining..how they change and twist the lovelines and characters..maybe a lot people will expect JH. Really thought its JH but .

when most of us consider to refer at the listing cast and it pinpoint to JH

Queitly Pds plotting And building up all the clues of the Husband and 

Then drop the bomb..It's Taek

this is more intense and stiff husband hunting than 1994 ;) . Anyway the moment that DS tell Taek to grow up fast so that she can marry him..leave me impression that ahhh.. It's  Taek!

Guys please understand my delusional imagination... ^^

• Like 6

Just want to share this, I thought it's interesting as Taek's modeled after him: http://gobase.org/reading/trivia/?id=leechangho

In the interview's first paragraph they wrote a brief intro about Lee Chang Ho, and I can say that this took place after he became even more famous than Taek right now.. (I noticed his rank is higher than Taek who is currently a 6-dan and also they mention his age couple times and comparing him to 'new' and 'younger' players.. so this could be the way the plot goes for Taek as he grows more mature)

"A shy boy Lee ChangHo 9 dan who used to throw a couple of words in the past is expressing his thoughts actively mixing some jokes. His evasive attitude on sensitive points in the past has changed too. It is difficult to say whether it is due to his tennis games, reading novels, or his age. But one thing very clear is that he is becoming very flexible in every respect, including things other than baduk. In the beginning of this year he showed a sign of slowing down when he lost against Lee SeDol 9dan at the LG cup. But he has reconfirmed his position as the strongest by grabbing 4 domestic titles and 3 international titles."

• Like 5

Hi! Joining this thread now because I've decided I'm joining Team Taek even though I'm fairly sure the husband is Jung Hwan. It might make us feel better that while Taek is modelled after Lee Chang Ho alot of things about Taek don't fit with Lee Chang Ho's story. Like Lee Chang Ho said he thinks it's nice that Taek has so many friends because he had none growing up. He was also a middle child, of course if Taek's dad and Jin Joo's mom remarry then Taek could become a middle child. So I wouldn't simply assume that Taek is destined for a younger girl. We have hope Team Taek!

Personally having been on the losing ship the past two times (to varying degrees, I wasn't a huge Chilbongie supporter but I really liked Tae Woong), I'd love to see the writers drop a surprise on us at the end but I don't think it'll happen.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, lxands said:

Just to talk abt Reply series promo gimmick...

I wonder why people keep saying the leads are unknown? Perhaps yes for foreigners but for Koreans? R97 SIG is one of the Superstar K winner, for heaven sake who exactly vote for him to make him a winner?  *roll-eyes*  Even if he's newbie in acting he was already a famous celebrity. Eunji was not famous yet under her own a e but was already known as the smashing voice  lead vocalist for an uprising girl group a pink, same goes with Hoya. The love rival SJH has been around but always been the 2nd lead or the main badass, like in the drama The Princess Man. However during R97 promotion, his name wasn't mention much, just like RJY.

In R94, I only know YYS from architecture 101  & GFB but I already know the love interest triangle is between him & JW since the very beginning. JW  character has the upperhand because he's the only one who knows the heroine since childhood & the heroine as been in love with him long before the boarders including Chilbong come to live with them. And we know our PD herw has soft spot for childhood love.

In R88 it was the opposite of R94 between DS & the boys. She knows everyone including 2nd female lead since birth except Task whom everyone met around 8, and all of the are protective of him especially DS. The symbolic way to show how much each care for him...when he broke his arm DR & SW help carry his bag & files, JH shared his cards with him while DS carry him on her back, not like his leg was broken... --- @lxands  I love your humorous comment here...^^ I also remembered when JH mom invited Taek to eat Ribs to their house.. DS putting some food/ribs to Taek. Its  look so natural..its like so automatic.. DS care for Taek is beyond motherly, sisterly or genuine friendship..Its like Taek  is part of her... ^^

Anyway I don't see why pop keep saying  JH is the husband when future husband doesn't look anything like young JH especially his eyes unless JH did plastic surgery to his eyes. If we want to talk abt future husband & the boys in 1988 characteristics than DR is the best match. Future hubby sarcasm match DR's style the most & he's not as pricky as JH. So its not surprising if future hubby is Taek, he pick up his sarcsm remarks from DR since among the boys he's the closest to DR.

Birthdays

SW & DS - 17 September 1971

Taek - November 1971

Bora - 14 September 1968

DR - January 1972 (early 72...born in Jan & Feb but start school with the previous year's batch)

JH - ?? I think he's the earliest born in 1971,  if i I'm not wrong the moms talk abt it in ep 1

• Like 1

To be honest it will be boring if the writer do the same formula as R97 and R94. As much as I love Yoon Yoon Jae-Sung Shi Won, personaly I really want we get to see a fresh couple like Taek-Duksun. I agree with DR, Taek needs a girl like Duksun. I think their personality are matching

I am preparing my heart for the broken episode. 

Chilbong affected too much on me, I dont watch two last episode of R94 properly till now.

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, azzhuragreen said:

To be honest it will be boring if the writer do the same formula as R97 and R94. As much as I love Yoon Yoon Jae-Sung Shi Won, personaly I really want we get to see a fresh couple like Taek-Duksun. I agree with DR, Taek needs a girl like Duksun. I think their personality are matching

Chilbong affected too much on me, I dont watch two last episode of R94 properly till now.

yeah, it kinda seems like trauma.

I'm so afraid that taek will be the next chilbong :( bcs in reply1994 i also ship chilbong with najung :bawling:

i hope taek will get another happy ending story, if he wont end up with DS.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, azzhuragreen said:

I'm also preparing for my heart for the upcoming ep. The preview of Taek, and how he looks really bothered me...

I'd rather like to Taek know about JH likes DS than JH just simply give way...I like Taek found out as well that JH like DS...or DS have crush to JH.. Then its up to Taek what will be his move... I don't want him to be weak, fragile in the eyes of other to the extend that JH will inconveniently give way. Its better he knows the real situation too so that he can do his best to win the heart of DS.. rather than she date DS just because JH give way..

I hope it will be fair game.. I hate the idea of give way....not unless other persons involved confirmed love each other..then you have no choice but to back off... I DS will realized who is her crush..and who is her first love and true love..

At the end i really hope its Taek..

Anyway guys, I remembered that Taek/DS recently shoot in School building? does it mean Taek visit DS in school? or Taek decide to go to school?

If Taek decide to see the world of DS, one thing that he might do is probably go to school again..^^

• Like 6

Don't worry Team Taek/DS, IT'S NOT OVER TILL IT'S OVER... besides the analysis and observation posted here have basis ....And i'm really amazed on how they justify their arguments.. It really make sense... We have a good observant and analyzer here...so just keep going... And never lost hope....and hold your belief...

^^ We have strong case here..hihihihi ^^

• Like 4

23 hours ago, lady65432 said:

But Taek, he just keeps on suprising us. His character was so silent, little did we know that the writer was also "silently" planting hints since earlier episodes. I don't know why they decided to use Taek's story of moving in to their village for childhood flashback in ep2 but the narrations, flashbacks/montage in every second episode of reply series always end up to be very important. They also made sure that DS-TK will be highlighted in that flashback (and the fish!!), if we're going to talk about "foundation" here, we have a clearer picture of how DS-TK interacted as kids. The only thing that can shake us, is if they're going to show some DS-JH flahsback (bec others think that JH might be DS's real first love, not sunwoo) it will feel forced & i can accept that if only they didn't give us DS happily crushing on sunwoo on the earlier episodes.

Yes, rather than clues my only source of hope is flashbacks. It's valid point  not only for Reply series (which is flashback itself^^)  but also for all kdramas. Clues can be red herrings  but flashbacks are there for emotional connection. In this case Taek has tree flashbacks , two childhood( ep2,9), one present(ep9). Besides two of them shared flashbacks with DS. And highlight is 'smile' In their childhood DS narrated how they made Taek one of them and in the end child Taek did smile. In present  Taek realized DS's kindness once again and she've done all things with a huge smile, just like that Taek smiled too. Some people disregarding the fact that in long term how important  it is to have someone who shows the love and care with a smile. But Reply  knows it. They narrated it, they zoomed it and they included scenes like DS says Taek  'you make me worry'  which leaves him with a smile.  Even someone like Bora realized that as much as you're concerned about someone sooner or later it's turning into love. So why nobody says Bora dates SW out of pity but if DS does then it can be only reason? Sigh... I don't know R94 but in R97 even though they bickered heroine was very concerned with Yoon Jae. So if they don't show DS flashbacks she loved and cared JH too, sorry but   he is husband or not I'm not buying it. It's superficial love we saw billion times in dramas and irl.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, lxands said:

Anyway I don't see why people keep saying  JH is the husband when future husband doesn't look anything like young JH especially his eyes unless JH did plastic surgery to his eyes. If we want to talk abt future husband & the boys in 1988 characteristics than DR is the best match. Future hubby sarcasm match DR's style the most & he's not as pricky as JH. So its not surprising if future hubby is Taek too, since he pick up his sarcsm remarks from DR becos among the boys he's closest to DR.

That's totally true ^^ I can even pinpoint it. 

image.jpg

• Like 8