Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

@Yesin Lee Lol for me it seemed as it is,as it has been cinematographed.They went to two different roads,even if they started from the same route..their home.But the writer took the reference of forrest gump,' life is like box of chocolates'.Forrest was supposed to be a hero,but then he lost a lot too,even with all his achievements he ended up at his hometown,and her girl went mia.At the end all he had was his son.Like the way forest had lots of ups and downs in his life..no matter how much successful he was..I Think writer tried to give us a message here,that JH would too have his own destination.And it does not stop at DS.=]

Btw I'm #teamtk too,but then I love all the other characters no less.It's the whole ensemble which makes this drama relatable to people of all age I guess.

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, mangachickava said:

they also had DS looking at her watch and later on there was a scene of TK putting on his watch so it can also be said that TK and DS are in TIME with each other :)

Good catch! I really hope in the last two episodes the writer make Taek scene more beautiful husband or not, make it equal don't have any favoritism. But, then again how can I complain to them when they gave Taek and Deoksun a dreamy kiss early on. Haha, but I'm desperate to see Choi Taek narrates. Did he narrate before? What episode? 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Betsi Soma said:

In an interview with Ilgan Sports on January 12, she made her prediction and stated, “Um… I think Duk Sun unni and Jung Pal (Ryu Jun Yeol) oppa are going to get married. [She] will break up with Taek (Park Bo Gum) oppa and marry Jung Pal oppa. She has to do that. But I don’t know [the finale]. I’m curious.”

Jinjoo-yaah what are you saying T_T

Hahaha maybe Jinjoo likes Taek oppa and wants him all for herself (maybe her kind of guy? lols) that's why she wants Deoksun and her Taek oppa to break up. Haha, look at the picture she seems shy in front of PBG. LOLS

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Yesin Lee said:

Yeah, I don't know if that is the writer's tribute to JH that's why they made the episode more beautiful and focus it on JH. Sorry guys I will just mention my opinion about JH scene. The thing that I don't like is they showed us how Deoksun and JH missed each other when JH was in the car like they went to different directions and on how the feather went to him. I don't know what's all these symbolism, I don't know also what's the writer's thinking but usually in Taiwanese drama or in Filipino drama (I was born in the Philippines and moved to Canada) if something like that happened mostly at the start of a series/drama those two people are bound to meet again. I saw lots of drama/movies like that. But then, I'm #TeamTaek and I don't want to mention JH here I just want to prove things leading to our ship. Haha keep it positive :)

i think that scene it might just to show how they not meant for each other lol even coming out from same door but they go different direction..even his car passing her but still missed each other by close second while they both looking at different way.it like so close yet so far 

• Like 13

Is it just me, or does anyone else feel like there are more TaekxDeoksun than JungHwanxDeokSun relationship development scenes? Maybe cos Taek has been more active in pursuing her than JungHwan... For that reason alone - that Taek put in effort and JH didn't - he should get the girl. 

• Like 16

On 12/12/2015 at 8:00 AM, Phuong Tam Nguyen said:

Hi guys I've just finished watching the raw for ep 12. The whole episode feels good actually ^^ I think this R1988 Series pay much more attention to subtle details so even though the speed seems slow, the stories for all the characters are still progressing.

I notice this on DS's notebook though. I'm not sure if it means something but in my opinion, when everything is read in order, it becomes kind of interesting, like:

"Do good, do harm

Do without

Dream of, each other

either A or B

enough to, enough for

even if (though)

every time,

(Every time I meet Miss Park,  she smiles at me.)

fade away, fall to, fall asleep, fall short of

(The results fall short of our expectations.)

Famous as

Far away

Far from..."

TAM I CUT YOUR POST

I SAW THIS WHILE I WAS GATHERING INFO (like pg 14 LOL)

Y"ALL LOOK

LOOOOOOOOOOK (bolded parts are mine)

but this is from ep 12

doesnt it seem to smell of tk and ds relationship

• Like 12

Anyeong guys. 

These days I keep on imagining this scenario..hahaha mybe Im just too delulululuuu hahaah..(mian I can't help myself) kekeke.

Ok, we all knw that TK took meds in order to sleep peacefully...I hope someday he wil stop taking those meds and able to sleep peacefully without taking any of it..mybe DS can help him, by sleeping next to him..hahahahahah 

Today the preview wil b out right? 

• Like 9

47 minutes ago, sarsu said:

@Yesin Lee you say you don't want to mention JH, but you keep on mentioning him..did you notice?;) JH is one of leads of this drama, it's great that we got see more closure on his character and feelings for DS. However I'm asking you to have some faith shipmate :D they way I see the scene with JH&DS passing each other, reflects how their (JH's) timing was always bad. JH didn't confess, do nothing when he had the chance. I think it's their fate (if one can say that), that they are not meant to be together. Maybe they could've been, and only could've, when they were still 18 years old---JH would've confessed and DS wasn't aware of her feelings for taek.---Yes, I just love to use the word "aware".

Before TK even really "came into the picture", JH had his chances to confess, he never did. It's what this is all abt, like DS said herself: “Time flows and leaves behind parting and regret. If you love someone, you need to say it now. You have to say it before the time spent breathlessly living turns into regret. Perhaps the biggest gift left by time is the memory of having loved. So before it’s too late, overcome your embarrassment and confess: ‘To you, the one I love.’ ”

in shortly: if you do not go after what you want, you'll never get it. This is also why I hope in these 2 last episodes, deoksun will finally understand that her heart is taeken already, and the definition for her real love, that's she's always been searching, has been there all this time, Taek. and it's the most natural feeling ever. That's what love is. I hope she'll grab the moment before it turns into regret, and---confesses :heart::heart::heart:

....lol, I should be sleeping already:w00t:

lol didn't you see what I wrote? sorry to mention him because I will need to reply and share my idea about that scene and this will be the last time. It was like in my mind I have two interpretations from that scene the faith thing that they r bound to meet again (because I saw that scene multiple times being recycled in a drama) and again I also saw that scene as a closure like what you all said they came from same direction and ended in different ones THAT'S THE DIFFERENCE with the drama/movie scenes I'm used to, usually they came from different directions since they r not neighbors lols. I don't know how to explain this or if u guys understand what I mean but I'll leave it at that! lols. I'm just open to all possibilities. Thank you for reminding me! I think I just need reassurance that I'm not alone in this journey (like the title of the 1st episode REPLY 1988 HAND IN HAND lols that music is playing in my mind) and whatever happens, I will have FAITH in our ship and I will never back down. BECAUSE THIS SHIP IS SAILING. WE ARE NEAR OUR DESTINATION! ISN'T IT LIKE THAT? "When the destination is near, doubts keep growing, misunderstandings are bound to happen and lots of people leave and give up", in short "OUR FAITH R BEING TESTED." If only they know if they hang on a bit and didn't give up we are already in the destination haha. Peace and good vibes :) 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, sarsu said:

Omg @melissala !!!! I remember you from school 2015! mmm, shipmate! Always with those insightful posts. :D Welcome!~~ :wub:

Ah, yes I recognize some people too. I was like one of three Team Yi An shippers in that thread...  :sweatingbullets:  I'm big on shipping who the girl likes regardless of what a guy does or doesn't do, so for Deok-Sun I feel she truly likes Taek.  I always knew she loved him the most out of all her friends, but I wasn't sure if it was romantic in nature.  Episode 17 changed my mind and made me think he has a real chance. I just can't get over her waiting for Taek and not being able to sleep because of him. 

This is also something she felt on her own, not something she felt after being told the guy liked her.  If anything, her friend was trying to tell her that Taek didn't care for her at all.  So, she can still like him even if she think he doesn't care or takes her for a fool?  Sounds like something I heard before from DR.... 

I really want some flashbacks for them.  Like how she gave him that scar....  It's going to be an exciting week. 

• Like 19

Regarding the Eagle eyed observation about the SUNG on Taek's radio, I'm afraid I may have an unromantic explanation.  Lol

Taek never moved on from DS,he has been self sabotaging all his dates. So we really don't need a confirmation that yes he still loves her...

I think why the logo was partially hidden, is because you don't give free advertising.  Samsung was already very prominently featured when Taek was holding the pager scene ( it's Samsung too). 

If you watch running man, and you see their jackets sponsored for an ep. The production will tape the rest of the logos and only leave one being shown. This is becos the sponsor only paid a certain amount, so they are only entitled to a fixed amount of exposure. 

Heehee

@Raphelancia I loooove your interpretation about the concert tickets! At this time DS is unsure if Taekie has really moved on, so she even makes sure he knows about her dating life right? These two sisters really think alike lol 

She must be disappointed that Taekie is aware but betrayed no jealousy when he mentioned it to the rest of the guys... Girl forgot about his baduk face lol

• Like 21

25 minutes ago, sarsu said:

Omg @melissala !!!! I remember you from school 2015! mmm, shipmate! Always with those insightful posts. :D Welcome!~~ :wub:

sorry to intervene with you guys, but I also watched SCHOOL 2015 and I remember Han Yi Ahn giving the medal to Eunbi/EunByeol just like what Taek did :) 

• Like 2

Summary of how the ship has been like for me:

-this is a ship? WTH

-this boat is gonna sink, totally gonna sink

-hmm I think it might be float able

-well... I guess I'll hop on seems possible

-Wow this ship actually is now a real ship

- this ship is sailin!!!

- guess I love this ship but it's gonna sink one day

- OMG did u see that kiss omg omg omg we just became a submarine

- Currently: dying of anticipation for the next episodes

• Like 17

23 minutes ago, st4rdust said:

Regarding the Eagle eyed observation about the SUNG on Taek's radio, I'm afraid I may have an unromantic explanation.  Lol

Taek never moved on from DS,he has been self sabotaging all his dates. So we really don't need a confirmation that yes he still loves her...

I think why the logo was partially hidden, is because you don't give free advertising.  Samsung was already very prominently featured when Taek was holding the pager scene ( it's Samsung too). 

If you watch running man, and you see their jackets sponsored for an ep. The production will tape the rest of the logos and only leave one being shown. This is becos the sponsor only paid a certain amount, so they are only entitled to a fixed amount of exposure. 

Heehee

@Raphelancia I loooove your interpretation about the concert tickets! At this time DS is unsure if Taekie has really moved on, so she even makes sure he knows about her dating life right? These two sisters really think alike lol 

She must be disappointed that Taekie is aware but betrayed no jealousy when he mentioned it to the rest of the guys... Girl forgot about his baduk face lol

It can also be the way of the writer, PD, other staff playing with us haha. If they want to hide the brand name they could have left or hide other words but NO they left the "SUNG" haha remember the writer is very clever hehe, want to keep the mind game lols. Silly PD-nim and writer-nim hahaha., just my thought but ur right it makes sense :D

• Like 7

Hahaha I'm rewatching episode 18 right now and it's so funny I remember one of you guys saying that what if they show us a flashback of Taek spying Deoksun and her date watching Forrest Gump in the same theater. Sorry, just need to post this because it's just so funny to me when I saw Taek reaction hahaha. I don't know how to make or post gif to capture his reaction. WAHAHAHA. :D

• Like 4

Guest aoikarin

For Fun only :D

I'm starting look about chocolate theory by @packmule3 Somehow.. it's end up with JB.. If it's true.. Wow.. thumbs up packmule3!

Ignore the time of recording.. i bet it's show's flaw. it's production mistake, just like DS's password date of issued.

See Carefully the position of Jacket and the bag when DS put the chocoloate

tumblr_o0v6ljBsDC1to1fhoo1_540.jpg

and the posisiton of Jacket and the bag when the boys grab their belongings

tumblr_o0v6ljBsDC1to1fhoo2_540.jpg

The position has changed right? It's possible that there are two jackets on top of SW's bag, but DS didn't see them well since Jinjoo blocked her view. Since the topic in ep 2 is about switch jacket and ep. 18 about chocolate.. I feel it makes sense that how the chocolate somehow end up in JB's.

this is from ep. 18

tumblr_o0v6ljBsDC1to1fhoo3_540.jpg

SOMEONE made confession to JB by giving him chocolate. I think it's DS's! I think they still talking about confession thing in the cafe.. WOW @packmule3 *applause*

Guest aoikarin
19 minutes ago, Yesin Lee said:

Hahaha I'm rewatching episode 18 right now and it's so funny I remember one of you guys saying that what if they show us a flashback of Taek spying Deoksun and her date watching Forrest Gump in the same theater. Sorry, just need to post this because it's just so funny to me when I saw Taek reaction hahaha. I don't know how to make or post gif to capture his reaction. WAHAHAHA. :D

Yup, he looked upset and pulling a long face.. he never change! he bottled up his jealousy and anger.. Hahahahah

Guys, did someone mention here how Taek made it to the concert? on ep.18. Because I saw from episode 18 Taek observed Deoksun and saw her feet she's not wearing any shoes even it's cold, so yeah he forfeit his game just for her...awww, he realized it by then :)