Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

the good thing about this thread is that we have always lowered our expectations.

ever since the beginning we are always ready to face episodes per episodes regardless of what will happen. and it turned out pretty good as the writer never fails to surprise us (the kiss, the bridal carry, the concert etc.)

no one knows whos gonna be the husband. and with the amount of spoilers that are comin in.. its hard to separate what is reality  

Lets be strong and hope for the best. 

• Like 20

@aoikarin Lee seo jin could be DR,his birthdate is on 30th jan.DR's  birthday was on mid Jan..I don't know about the spoilers too.It's  like everyone is trying to have their one minute of limelight.So,while each individual is entitled to their own opinion,but if we follow the story up to now,it's quite clear.And also the fact that,I've found lots of people's pov resonate with my own opinion on particular characters.Like @meliere I also thought that JH is like the narrator here through whom we get to see stories of the different family.Also,I felt his character has his own limitations...and here tk stands apart from him.DS dad says on ep 2: 'compared to our kids,he seems so much older.In some ways, he might know more about the world than we adults do.' Even on ep 17,JH's wish upon the star is 'that guy becomes a bad person'. He knows tk has the upper hand here,because he sticks to his word till the end.The bigger person out of these two would have the happy ending because JH ultimately would realize that giving up sometimes make you the better human being.And that way he would grow up as a person,finally.JH and TK both got equal screen presence,and equal importance to the story line,and it's a given after seeing how the writer played a tribute to his character on ep 18.I hope people stop digging over this,and just see 'that the secrets are waiting to be unfolded'.

• Like 13

I guess what is significant is DeokSun's perspective and feelings, right? She developed crushes on SunWoo and JungHwan cos of her friends' suggestions, and you know what it's like to be at that age - wanting to be part of the "in" happenings and wishing for a confession to happen to yourself. She never even noticed them until the idea was put in her head. But from what I'm reading here through these exchanges (cos I haven't reached that episode myself), it looks like when it comes to Taek, DeokSun is going to come to a personal revelation here. Story-wise therefore, it just seems logical, if nothing else, that by the time they are adults, if the feelings are still there, then should either of them confess to her, she would pick the one for whom she has real feelings, right?

• Like 18

7 minutes ago, ciceng said:

Hi I'm silent reader and I've read all your comments here.first time post here and Im not fluent in english:sweatingbullets: bdw I've just read the news from soompi that the spoiler is Jw wedding?                                               Kwang Jin, a member of the National Assembly, posted a tweet on his Twitter account revealing that “Reply 1988″ was filming Ryu Jun Yeol’s wedding scene at the Airforce Club. He said that if his tweet got retweeted over 1000 times he would reveal who he is getting married to.
After tweeting this spoiler, he received great criticism for revealing a spoiler despite the production team’s warnings against leaking spoilers. His tweet has been since deleted, and an apology has been posted as well.
Source (1) (2) 
 is it true?i hope it's not. Ah,my heart can't taek this anymore:tears:

Kwang Jin, a member of the National Assembly, posted a tweet on his Twitter account revealing that “Reply 1988″ was filming Ryu Jun Yeol’s wedding scene at the Airforce Club. He said that if his tweet got retweeted over 1000 times he would reveal who he is getting married to.

After tweeting this spoiler, he received great criticism for revealing a spoiler despite the production team’s warnings against leaking spoilers. His tweet has been since deleted, and an apology has been posted as well.

Source (1) (2)

That was not a wise thing to do, Assembly-man! However, what he is tweeting might be true. or NOT. It cannot matter too much because this is drama land where anything can be concocted as the producer and writer wish. I love the TK-DS relationship, its progression through the clues given throughout the episodes we've seen thus far. In the beginning I thought the actor portraying future husband looks so similar to JH in his mannerisms. So I thought I understood why the producer said that this time around, the show would not be husband-hunting as in the previous installments (bc the husband is already decided to be JH, as per the said portrayal).

However, as the show progresses, it seems that that is not the case at all. TK character turns out to be a strong contender to fill the shoes as the husband as well with his development from someone who gets babied to a manly man worth swooning over ( I so :wub: his character) . This is the twist some people are saying is missing. 

BUT, there is always that possibility the twist will be twisted back as what that stupid assemblyman tweeted because the future husband was already portrayed correctly at the beginning :crazy:. NOT.

Anyway, my thought on the missing actions between 1989 - 2004 re TK-DS relationship not happening could be that DS asks TK (or any of the gang member of the alley) not to pursue her as yet because she wants to meet other young men before she decides on who to settle with at the end. In the meantime, TK has always been stalking DS's movements somehow. Oh, with regards to the Forrest Gump movie at DR's hyung's restaurant, when DS said she had watched it with his boyfriend, pay attention to TK's face (I don't have the image ready to post). I think he was so jealous of that fact that he doesn't want to watch any movie associated with DS attending it with a boyfriend. So he just says that he'd watched the movie with his Baduk crew instead.

Lastly, JH does read manhwa. He had in his hands, I think, 2 Dragon Balls comics when he was about to leave for the  hospital to visit DR. It was in plain view:o in ep 17.

Thank you Taekie's Room and roommates! Let's enjoy nest Friday and Saturday with open hearts… :heart:

• Like 5

I think there is a reason why they put DS through two similar love story (SW and JH) due to the influence of her friends. Moreover, both crush ended with misunderstanding. It takes Deoksun 4 episode for each crush, before finding some misunderstanding at the last part.

Then comes in Dongryong's ultimate pep talk (seriously, he's really our biggest MVP in the series like what @st4rdust says, lol). It emphasized on who DS really like. They even put a small gesture from DR when DS said "Why does nobody likes me?" then DR pointed while shouting "Hey, it's Taek!" (when he's not even there yet) which means DR trying to clue DS that Taek likes her, lol.

I believe at this point, DS start on her quest of figuring out "What does she likes?", whether it's about boys, or about her future. Ultimately, EP17 kinda give her the answer (or at least hint to be an answer) one by one. It's important because this is the last episode before the time skip, which means DS need to has her own feeling by that time. What do we have in that episode? She has a talk with her father (and asked by her mother) about what she want for the future. She found that she actually always love her sister Bora, shown by their hug scene etc. She found out how someone can love other person earnestly from Jungbong-Miok story, since she's the cupid in their relationship. And lastly, she found there's always a guy that make her heart flutter, which is our favourite baduk genius of course.

Narratively, it's a pretty beautiful story. The girl who got no confidence in herself slowly grows to have more faith in her feelings and choice. It's not about liking someone just because of one night occurence. It's about how she gradually develop her own life, and her own love. :D

Stay positive, guys! :heart:

(Okay this is my umpteenth time saying to stay positive, lol)

• Like 19

Guest aoikarin

Ok.. It's so gloomy here because of the spoiler on twitter and Baidu

C'mon cheerup.. Let's waiting for 2 last episodes.. What I want to see.. Taek's appa will get his wishes fulfilled.. ME TOO..and I bet you guys too!

tumblr_o0u1v6dyiw1to1fhoo3_540.jpg

tumblr_o0u1v6dyiw1to1fhoo4_540.jpg

And I think once DS's goes to Taek.. and Taek care of him .. i believe, he'll be just like future husband.. Back to young Taek (before he moves to ssamundong) just like Appa Taek told us

tumblr_o0u1v6dyiw1to1fhoo2_540.jpg

And I want to see how Taek release his anger

tumblr_o0u1v6dyiw1to1fhoo1_540.jpg

Have you guys curious?

All the boys including DS read Manga during their teens heehee but character wise, whose room never changed all those years that we have seen? Who didn't move ahead with the times and bought cds?

Who is the one most likely to end up a dork who still reads comics,  walks around in tshirt, jeans and sneakers in his 40s and probably still keeps the high score in the arcade? Lol and who will never change his first love... Becos he is that kind of guy hehehe 

• Like 18

Hey @nearsea! Which post are you referring to? If you are talking about the latest news about the tweet by the Assemblyman, i read the original post in korean. And you know what? Something about it bothers me. The tweet does say that they are filming Ryu Junyeol's wedding scene at the Airforce Club and asked people for a retweet to reveal who he will be marrying to. Don't you find this rather strange? Why is it Ryu Junyeol's wedding and who he is marrying? Shouldn't it be Hyeri's wedding and who she will be marrying? The tweet is strange and it bothered me because the content of the tweet might even be suggesting that Ryu Junyeol might be marrying another girl who is not Hyeri. Because if its really Ryu Junyeol and Hyeri, then isnt it obvious already? Especially if Deoksun is the only girl in his life? Why the need for a tweet to reveal who he will be marrying? To create suspense, he should've posted the other way around of who Hyeri's character will be marrying. So yes, that's what bothered me. And if my senses are true, then it is definitely a good thing for our ship!

Edited by syaiira
  • Like 23

17 minutes ago, syaiira said:

Hey @nearsea! Which post are you referring to? If you are talking about the latest news about the tweet by the Assemblyman, i read the original post in korean. And you know what? Something about it bothers me. The tweet does say that they are filming Ryu Junyeol's wedding scene at the Airforce Club and asked people for a retweet to reveal who he will be marrying to. Don't you find this rather strange? Why is it Ryu Junyeol's wedding and who he is marrying? Shouldn't it be Hyeri's wedding and who she will be marrying? The tweet is strange and it bothered me because the content of the tweet might even be suggesting that Ryu Junyeol might be marrying another girl who is not Hyeri. Because if its really Ryu Junyeol and Hyeri, then isnt it obvious already? Why the need for a tweet to reveal who he will be marrying? To create suspense, he should've posted the other way around of who Hyeri's character will be marrying. So yes, that's what bothered me. And if my senses are true, then it is definitely a good thing for our ship!

Wow thank you! Huff,relieved.Ship on track then,without any sign of disaster till now...=/.Yeah if it was RJY's wedding we were talking about then there should not be any confusion regarding the bride.Phew,we know who's the bride in question right? In fact all the replies have been about the groom,,as if we don't know already.Thank you for coming at our rescue! You know any dc/baidu posts related to cars/wedding gown/flowers create disorderly situations for us ^_^

--I see sunwoo's photo at the wedding hall above.So,is it same wedding we're talking about? Was that tweet regarding this same wedding?

• Like 9

43 minutes ago, syaiira said:

Hey @nearsea! Which post are you referring to? If you are talking about the latest news about the tweet by the Assemblyman, i read the original post in korean. And you know what? Something about it bothers me. The tweet does say that they are filming Ryu Junyeol's wedding scene at the Airforce Club and asked people for a retweet to reveal who he will be marrying to. Don't you find this rather strange? Why is it Ryu Junyeol's wedding and who he is marrying? Shouldn't it be Hyeri's wedding and who she will be marrying? The tweet is strange and it bothered me because the content of the tweet might even be suggesting that Ryu Junyeol might be marrying another girl who is not Hyeri. Because if its really Ryu Junyeol and Hyeri, then isnt it obvious already? Why the need for a tweet to reveal who he will be marrying? So yes, that's what bothered me. And if my senses are true, then it is definitely a good thing for our ship!

You got it @syaiira !! Im about to ask if the translation is really correct, "that they are filming Ryu Junyeol's wedding scene at the Airforce Club and asked people for a retweet to reveal who he will be marrying to." - i smell something trolling here...hihihihi.. ^__^

If JH really getting married..

Is't given who's the bride is? Why need to reveal? does it mean there might have a quite famous actress cameo to be JH wife?

coz i believe its definitely not DS.. hihihihihi...^____^

• Like 7

36 minutes ago, st4rdust said:

All the boys including DS read Manga during their teens heehee but character wise, whose room never changed all those years that we have seen? Who didn't move ahead with the times and bought cds?

Who is the one most likely to end up a dork who still reads comics,  walks around in tshirt, jeans and sneakers in his 40s and probably still keeps the high score in the arcade? Lol and who will never change his first love... Becos he is that kind of guy hehehe 

Love this @st4rdust.I can see that guy in KJh totally.Also remember tk's dad said tk acts clingy only to the person he likes..so far we've only seen future husband to communicate with deok sun.So,after noticing how he was around the media reporter..it seemed like he was quite humble,not like JH at all.And about husband's traits..it's only because KJH is acting like his own self I think..he must have got instruction to act vaguely not disclosing the husband's real personality lol.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, aoikarin said:

Ok.. It's so gloomy here because of the spoiler on twitter and Baidu

C'mon cheerup.. Let's waiting for 2 last episodes.. What I want to see.. Taek's appa will get his wishes fulfilled.. ME TOO..and I bet you guys too!

tumblr_o0u1v6dyiw1to1fhoo3_540.jpg

tumblr_o0u1v6dyiw1to1fhoo4_540.jpg

And I think once DS's goes to Taek.. and Taek care of him .. i believe, he'll be just like future husband.. Back to young Taek (before he moves to ssamundong) just like Appa Taek told us

tumblr_o0u1v6dyiw1to1fhoo2_540.jpg

And I want to see how Taek release his anger

tumblr_o0u1v6dyiw1to1fhoo1_540.jpg

Have you guys curious?

The day Taek slept peacefully without sleeping pill was on Deok Sun's shoulders in the cinema. Choi Papa's wish did came true.

• Like 13

okay, so i just finished watchep 17&18, aaaah episode 17 just gave me lots of tears somehow :", i reflect to my own life while watching it, how deoksun struggle to find her dream and how the geng's life going..when taek and sun woo talked about their parents i just can't help to cry :"

and i was estatic to see the kiss between taek and deoksun, even if it's just dream :(

Episode 18 was a bit flat in the beginning yet it's fun to finally see them growing up.The scene when both jung hwan and taek look at the spot where deokson  sit during taek birthday, aahh it's sad to see uri taek suffering, i really hope he'll confess to deoksun soon. I'm so glad that taek shows up on the concert and accompany deoksun. Yet i feel so bad for jung hwan :( poor boy, the scenes on the last 10 minutes or so really really breaks my heart, i kind of don't care any more who'll end up with deokson  (no actually still i really hope taek will be the end game). But really i still can't feel easy until i see the last episode, everything is still possible :(. Even when the 18th episode for me somehow  reflect the end of junghwan firstlove to deoksun, i still haven't dare to raise my hope up for takie :"( aaaak writernim why are you playing w our heart ?

i hope i can see more interactions between taek and deoksun in the following episode,and i still hope he'll be her husband :")

• Like 8