Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

A few more observations.

@mariichii

You asked about tk's locker right?

Ep 13: 

Dad asks Taek for the number to the hotel he’s staying at, so Taek unlocks a drawer to go get his notebook and Dad writes down the hotel and phone number. It’s curious that Taek keeps the drawer padlocked, but I guess his house is like the town hall.

Ep 12:Loving someone

Taek and Dong-ryong flee into the house, and Dong-ryong asks if he doesn’t want to rethink it: “You really like her?” Taek grins from ear to ear: “She’s cute.” Dong-ryong gives him a good shake: “Get it together, Dummy!”

Seriously how many time these happened?    answer12-00760.jpg

And then this? [deok sun,annyeong!]

answer12-00783.jpg

Bora: “Loving someone isn’t just the room to give. It’s a desperate need to give because you have to.”

EP 11:

In the morning, Deok-sun’s dad says it’s not over till it’s over (ugh, don’t troll us with that line!), and suggests another game.

So this quote here kind of justifies 'it's not over till it's over' should work when we're at episode 11,not when we're waiting for the climax to take place...=/

----

The alley in the neighborhood,tk's room,the stair all these places have some significance for TK-Ds,I even felt DS takes note of that alley mentally,[that wooden platform]when she was returning home after the time jump..at '94.She has got memories attached to that place right? The first snow confession,the snowman,then the *morning after the dream sequence.

• Like 18

47 minutes ago, st4rdust said:

@sellachun6002 LOL don't worry about that happening .... I agree with a previous post I read that said.... Reply is not makjang... we don't get death/cancer storylines unless it is essential to move the story. 

JH already made such a tragically beautiful heartfelt confession to his ONE SIDED LOVE after so long... instead of being proud of him, and happy for him that he decided to move on and not suffer the pain of being stuck in the same place... and wish that he will find a beautiful deserving girl of his affections... they actually hope that his character will be exiled or die... so cruel of his 'fans' .... What they should wish for is : He needs a therapist to talk through all his issues, since he always been living his brother's dreams, now with heartache... as being so tsundere... So like Top gun, he will be able to have a wonderful love story with said lovely therapist hahahah That will really be a wink to their Top Gun fantasy now won't it? 

He missed his chance, and he accepted it. I am astonished at the level of optimism there, but then I also saw people saying "I am avoiding TK-DS scenes like crazy "... if they are so confident why are they avoiding it? Are they afraid of seeing something they don't want to acknowledge? Its the same as how they avoid reading other viewpoints.... If one wants to make an objective judgement, one should look at things from all sides... like we did...
I look at JH and DS scenes over and over and my conclusion is that DS never felt anything for him, beyond trying to confirm if he liked her... Look at his confession scene. Its is crystal clear even to him, who she really likes. He saw how she looked for the door everytime someone entered the restaurant... before and AFTER his 'confession' ...and he knew, the best man won... 

Also, to fans who are afraid of the 'Taek heard it from outside the door' theory... if you look carefully, the door is like what...4m away? Ok its is made of glass... and unless Taek knows how to lip read from how is he going to know what is being said? Also, at this point in time, I don't think he will choose the path to give her up anymore. When he made up his mind to run to her so that she won't be alone at the concert, this guy has woken up and he wasn't going to let her get away this time!

I strongly feel that if one use eyes to see, and use the heart to feel, and one will know... we are sailing...♪♫

So all our chingus... don't worry so much.... Just relax as we sail into the end of this amazing drama.... arachi? :)

P.S: they can't be more optimistic than me... I am currently at 200%!! hahahahah

Great points! I just thought of maybe also DS was looking toward the door not only in hopes of seeing CT, but hoping he didn't walk in to hear JH confession. How uncomfortable would that have been! 

• Like 5

I love lee seo jin too! Only after I seen him in the Grandpa over flowers series... 

Then it would be AWESOME if his wife in the future will be Choi Ji woo hahahahah She is about the right age for the part too... Not that she looks it... but... *aaaaaaaw*

This is hilarious... PBG played a young LSJ character in the drama LMAO.... troll!!  

I thought TVN was suing all the spoiler sites? Or i guess, paper really can't contain, the HOTNESS of R88!!

• Like 15

The thing is when you like someone that feeling can return anytime esp when you are single and that person hasn't changed for the worse so I don't think DS accepting JH's feelings would be makjang at all. It is very realistic bc feelings come and go but timing is very important. Sorry, I know I shouldnt be saying this but I'm just trying to look at every possible angle. But I guess we won't know till next week. And this would be the first time that we would be sad if either of them was not the husband bc both characters were developed sooo well and with sooooo many layers to them. 

The reason why I felt that JH would be the husband was bc of the confession. As a girl can you honestly say you wouldn't be a puddle of mush if a guy you thought liked you said all those things? you must want to know his reason for deceiving you all these years! That reason is taekie which sucks bc all three of them will be hurt knowing they are hurting the other person. If I was her, I would find someone else lol bc it's not worth it when there is so much heartbreak at stake esp when they are best friends! 

• Like 6

@nearsea Great point! Add to that remember that's where JH found the picture of Taek and DS. I want to hope that he holds in there all that's precious to him. Maybe some mementos of his love for her? Also could the padlock be a hint that there's more we don't know about him? In previous episodes,  the locked drawer was shown right?  But when he got the card out, was that the first time he unlocked it? Aghhh!!! I'm so ready to watch the eng subs on this!!! :confounded: also soompi needs a fangirling emoji for those TK and DS contact scenes. Someone needs to invest in this lol

• Like 5

if in ep11 Sung appa say it not over till it over in ep17 isn't he say why he keep being wrong all times isn't it time to finally get the right answer something like that? same with betting the baseball he the only one get wrong even he being super confidence he won't be wrong and impossible for that weak player to win in his eyes...well need sub to confirm

that sound like message to the shippers they should have get it right by now and stop guessing the wrong one

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, trashoppaya said:

The thing is when you like someone that feeling can return anytime esp when you are single and that person hasn't changed for the worse so I don't think DS accepting JH's feelings would be makjang at all. It is very realistic bc feelings come and go but timing is very important. Sorry, I know I shouldnt be saying this but I'm just trying to look at every possible angle. But I guess we won't know till next week. And this would be the first time that we would be sad if either of them was not the husband bc both characters were developed sooo well and with sooooo many layers to them. 

The reason why I felt that JH would be the husband was bc of the confession. As a girl can you honestly say you wouldn't be a puddle of mush if a guy you thought liked you said all those things? you must want to know his reason for deceiving you all these years! That reason is taekie which sucks bc all three of them will be hurt knowing they are hurting the other person. If I was her, I would find someone else lol bc it's not worth it when there is so much heartbreak at stake esp when they are best friends! 

The reason is not tk really,JH himself explains this in his monologue..Have you read what he sed?

DB helps:

Jung-hwan slams his steering wheel in anger and cries alone in his car. He narrates, “But fate and timing aren’t just coincidences that find you. They’re moments like miracles, that arise out of choices made because of ardent desire. Surrender and decision, without hesitation—that is what makes timing. He was more ardent, and I should’ve had more courage. It wasn’t the red lights, nor the timing that was bad… but the countless times I hesitated.”

Jung-hwan wipes his tears and continues to narrate, quoting Forrest Gump: “‘Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get.’ Even if I’ve picked the bitterest chocolate of them all, it can’t be helped. That’s the fate I chose. There’s no regretting it, crying about it, or being heartbroken about it.”

--

But I'm happy that we're doing this @trashoppaya .I would rather do this with you than shippers from other thread...=/.Maybe we;ll find the answers this way..

• Like 19

49 minutes ago, Abim Syazili said:

Let them be :D The fact that the drama is not over yet makes them very optimist :D They can do what they want, we can do what we want also hahaha

Idk why they really want a kiss to happen between JHxDS, the alley scene is not enough y'know.

Yep, we can do what we want too! :)

You know, i am one who biased chilbong last ss! I really understand what jh shipper's situation now, the scene na jung heard abt chilbong's accident in 1994 is really touch! Eventhough, it's just a big hug, never a kissing! It just showed how precious the friendship is, if in the last 2 eps have this scene, with the closely friendship of ot5, sun will act the same, even that's taek, hwan or even DR! Friend is always a priorty to her! That's reason why she and taek cannot reach each other though feeling of two is very clearly! 

By the way, poor our writer nim, in reply 1994, the love triangle isnot equal, trash oppa is much more advantages than chilbong and it makes everyone unsatisfied! This ss, when our writer nim make the equal for two candidates, she makes no peace situation now! LOL! :P

I suggest that for the next ss, writter njm should make an official notice that who is the husband! Lol, but it will not under reply serie anymore! Lol

• Like 6

How can we sink if our simbol is fish? Fish live in water, Taektanic is transportation ? If Taektanic sink, that's not us, thats Titanic. Taek is confidence and competitive person in his baduk etiquette, let him borrow his confidence to us but keep show other ship etiquette. Don't forget, even if we lost, we never hesitate to try!

I really love that Yin Yang theory, I heard that PBG was the first younger cast. He cast as Dan-6 now he is Dan-9, that's why they casted Hyeri for his wife cos Hyeri born in June'9 (69) :P

Am I crazy, let it be.. Only for this week, you can call me crazy !!! 

Keep positif, chingu !!

• Like 17

I have read it but Taek was the biggest reason why he hesitated in continuing to show his feelings toward her.  

I was really sure Taek would be the husband until the confession scene and reading blue's comments on the mt. The writer really knows how to toy with our hearts. 

• Like 5

@trashoppaya I certainly do not doubt that DS wasn't touched by JH's words. Yes, I think anyone would be moved with a confession like that. I think I mentioned it earlier. However it's the same for Taek. JH is the reason he never confessed to DS. Let's not forget about that. Feelings can change of course, but I'm still sure that DS was moved when TK ran to her and skipped his baduk competition because of her. Taek!? Who never misses his competitions!?!!? That's a big deal! Now  it was all about timing too since JH was there too, too late. The way DS looked at TK though, it's the same way she's been looking at him these past years. I just see it in her eyes. I think her feelings for Taek are there and that's why I don't see her and JH being endgame. too many clues point to TK. JH also noticed her looking at that door when they were at the restaurant. I think he has given up for real, but that doesn't mean that he can't have a  happy ending. I believe he'll stay by DS's side as her friend.

• Like 20

1 hour ago, Abim Syazili said:

Let them be :D The fact that the drama is not over yet makes them very optimist :D They can do what they want, we can do what we want also hahaha

Idk why they really want a kiss to happen between JHxDS, the alley scene is not enough y'know.

Yep, we can do what we want too! :)

You know, i am one who biased chilbong last ss! I really understand what jh shipper's situation now, the scene na jung heard abt chilbong's accident in 1994 is really touch! Eventhough, it's just a big hug, never a kissing! It just showed how precious the friendship is, if in the last 2 eps have this scene, with the closely friendship of ot5, sun will act the same, even that's taek, hwan or even DR! Friend is always a priorty to her! That's reason why she and taek cannot reach each other though feeling of two is very clearly! 

By the way, poor our writer nim, in reply 1994, the love triangle isnot equal, trash oppa is much more advantages than chilbong and it makes everyone unsatisfied! This ss, when our writer nim make the equal for two candidates, she makes no peace situation now! LOL! :P

I suggest that for the next ss, writter njm should make an official notice that who is the husband! Lol, but it will not under reply serie anymore! Lol

• Like 3

@trashoppaya She had a crush for a few months when she was 18. It did not turn into love. When he was confessing, she was not gazing continuously into his eyes. She smiled and LOOKED DOWN. She acknowledged what he was saying. She also knew she cannot return his feelings. And before he said it was a joke, she blinked a few times, looked away and looked uncomfortable. Is that something a guy confessing will hope to see? A guy making such a confession NEEDS to see the girl gaze unblinkingly into his eyes, and reward him with a very dreamy sweet smile. Right? Not that apologetic small smile she gave him. The confession may even be his last attempt to see if he still had any chance at all. 

Also this was the whole point of Ep18. The writer made sure this time that people will feel that JH had chosen to move on. Not being rejected with actions, like Chilbong who was still hurting for a long time with only a ditzy look-alike to Najung as a replacement love. That was just too sad an ending for a very nice guy. 

I hope JH will get a very different strong sexy ( look how kind I am being to him! ) woman who is his equal. I really hate it when the guy who doesn't get the girl are given consolation prizes. 

@mariichii Don't be so worried about the padlock. The whole point to that start of the episode where of them all reacted strongly to a THIEF!! that never ever showed up again, was the simple way to make sure that drawer is locked so that Papa Choi can do his amazing superman feat to break the drawer open for his son's contact info. Actually it did not make sense to me there that the number would have been his direct room number. If we call a hotel, won't we usually get the front desk? But for the sake of the story, I am willing to overlook it... Imagine the scenario where he is so anxious and he called the front desk, who patches him to the room etc.. lol too anticlimactic... 

• Like 16

Guest aoikarin

I'm scrapping scene by scene of DS to have a look her heart. Ep. 17

Before jumptime..

I'm very curious about this scene.. I need substitles for scenes between the dreamy kiss and this.. What is she thinking at that time and doing this? I found her gesture that she's been doing something naughty.... I found similar behaviour when she lied to JH that she had sprained legs (while she's waiting JH alone at the bus stop).

Spoiler

tumblr_o0sefdtupQ1to1fhoo1_540.jpgtumblr_o0sefdtupQ1to1fhoo2_540.jpgtumblr_o0sefdtupQ1to1fhoo3_540.jpg

I think she lied to Taek.. The kiss happened.. They shared the kissed!!

What do you think guys?

And.. her look before DR break out the news to go concert 89 with all of them.. She's sad because sh'e a repeater.

tumblr_o0sefdtupQ1to1fhoo4_540.jpg

And her look after DR told them Taekkie will go with them too..

Spoiler

tumblr_o0sefdtupQ1to1fhoo5_r1_540.jpg

She's tapping her finger.. feeling happy.. and wear that smiles until the scene ends.. hahaha.. I caught you DS~aah

And on the day of going to concert together//

Spoiler

borrow your gif @syaiira

l3nWsBI7WyjR6F0Ag.gif

Right after she heard Taek's gate opened.. she stops there.. turn around to have a look Taek.. Taek smiles.. and she couldn't hide her happiness, smiling.. and doing such a cute kick.. She keeps her unrecruited love to Taek! Yipppyyyy!

And Ep. 18.. it's crystal clear for SunTeak shipper..

1. Taek Super Unusual reaction after their concert date :P

2. DS's behaviour in JH's car (she even  forgot to fasten her seatbelt since she's busy checking her beeper waiting Taek's msg)

3. DS's behaviour in the cafe.. keep watching the door, checking is that Taek?

P.S Check the last expression of DS, when the guest coming in to cafe not Taek.. SHE looks DISAPPOINTED.. And  JH saw her pulling a long face.. and back put a happy awkward happy face talking to SW and DR.. hahahaha

31 minutes ago, trashoppaya said:

I have read it but Taek was the biggest reason why he hesitated in continuing to show his feelings toward her.  

I was really sure Taek would be the husband until the confession scene and reading blue's comments on the mt. The writer really knows how to toy with our hearts. 

I think we'll come down to this again from flashback/or in future scene..where tk is gonna somehow blurt it out ..that jh was the reason that he backed out..Also,if you follow what JH said..he is appreciating the other person's effort here,and he's ready to move ahead with no regret.And does it matter if he stayed mum for sake of his friend? As in the movie '500 days of summer',the guy had hundreds of reason to love that girl..and he did..but end of the day,he was not meant to be for her..and she viceversa.So,in times fate/luck pulls string and make us pawn of the whole situation..As JH admitted,he did not just get on that concert venue late,he was late for 5 long years.Even if he was ready to leave her side *because of the whole noble idiocy,he did go to the concert with her..he did get that shirt from her,but it was his choice to not act on these advantages.And we had him on screen for 10 whole episodes..all he did was succeeding being her 'secret admirer'..It was truly one sided.

• Like 15

Guest aoikarin
54 minutes ago, alayna said:

I vote for A 

Last time when Mr  Yoo asked if DS was TK's girlfriend,  she answered no..  but now she can proudly say yes... 

I vote A tooooo!!

31 minutes ago, trashoppaya said:

I can totally understand your feelings. Somehow it just feels like Taek and DS line is going too well to be true right? And where's the catch? Also sometimes when I read blue's comments about how she is so positive that JH is endgame, I start to doubt myself too. 

But somehow when I see DS expression as JH was confessing - it just doesn't look like she might really consider JH seriously. I mean just compare that expression to the expression many episodes ago when she was asking JH if she should go to the blind date. Personally I feel like DS has resolved her feelings for JH already...

That said, I admit there are many times where I doubt my own observations... But I just can't help spazzing over Taekie and DS...

• Like 22