Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

4 minutes ago, nearsea said:

Wait is that deok sun's table..?Someone educate me plz..

Also @mangachickava I dint get the Chocolate-forest gump reference..=SS.

not @mangachickava but, " Life's a box of chocolates, Forrest. You never know what you're gonna get."

• Like 9

Guys idk if its just me or do you guys notice taek scratch gesture in ep 18? He scratch his cheek after talking to SW during the  silly parking moment. I remember seeing the future husband has this gesture too (i forgot which ep). Writer is crazy. So detail. Lol cant help this obsession :phew:

• Like 16

11 minutes ago, bluesteyes said:

@hafunohane the tickets lol green and yellow watching concert together

guess who has purple 

tumblr_o0ri02V5Ce1qgrnp6o1_1280.png

also, 

tumblr_o0ri63QkZc1qgrnp6o1_1280.png

we all established that red is sunwoon, purple is bora and there is green which i guess could be sunwoon closest people to his heart. 

also trash has a green/blue pen but he writes w/ a yellow pen. all the colors are always there smh. 

• Like 15

Guest aoikarin
3 hours ago, nicola_nikka said:

i find it even more amazing she didnt even glance at the ring, she just left it on the table and was like "why isnt he here yet"

Because The star of the show always shows up last!!! :D

37 minutes ago, nicola_nikka said:

guess which four dolls are finally reunited

;) 

what is that i see near the baduk trophy? why is that green/yellow?

Check out how they have used the baduk trophy as a vase now! From kimchi pot to flower vase! XD

• Like 9

@nicola_nikka LOL Are they using the trophy as a flower pot????? 
I have always thought taek was green and deoksun was yellow. I think our questions will be answered when we get DS's POV. (Friday, please come faster!)

Bora is definitely purple. Sunwoo is always hugging Taek's purple pillow. (and Taek hugs the yellow one) 

• Like 12

33 minutes ago, yumenoyuki said:

@nicola_nikka LOL Are they using the trophy as a flower pot????? 
I have always thought taek was green and deoksun was yellow. I think our questions will be answered when we get DS's POV. (Friday, please come faster!)

Bora is definitely purple. Sunwoo is always hugging Taek's purple pillow. (and Taek hugs the yellow one) 

yup i always thought taek was green, duk seon yellow and junghwan blue lol dongryeo is a pinkish color lol

if this drama is true then the reply writes/directors finally formed the idea of two sisters/brothers being together. This should have happened in 1997 but shi-won sister dying didn't make it happened. if it does end up like this i will be extremely happy :)

• Like 10

1 minute ago, nicola_nikka said:

yup i always thought taek was green, duk seon yellow and junghwan blue lol dongryeo is a pinkish color lol

i think DR is pink because

1) he will get TK and DS together...like garlic...dream scene...all the pink

2) in the childhood picture he is under the red i think soo the closest color is pink since SW is red ( SW/BR fans know this but the reason sw is red is because red and purple are farthest from each other on color spectrum ( he is nice , she is cold) but in the color wheel they are side by side that way ( they are a lot alike and compatible)) 

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, mangachickava said:

i think DR is pink because

1) he will get TK and DS together...like garlic...dream scene...all the pink

2) in the childhood picture he is under the red i think soo the closest color is pink since SW is red ( SW/BR fans know this but the reason sw is red is because red and purple are farthest from each other on color spectrum ( he is nice , she is cold) but in the color wheel they are side by side that way ( they are a lot alike and compatible)) 

I love Sun Woo and Bora together. They really fit well together. Sun Woo can melt Bora's cold exterior. I really want to see DS & BR's parents' reaction when they find out their daughters are marrying two brothers. Haha. And ofc SW's mom's reaction when she hears that BR will be her daughter-in-law.
I really do hope we get to see a wedding!!! (DS's parents convo about their daughters weddings perhaps is predicting a wedding scene? I can already see their dad crying really hard)

• Like 9

Hi Taekies

I generally prefer to be a silent reader than actively participate in the forum but I decided to learn something from JH and just say what I think before the drama is over and I lose my opportunity.  LOL.

First, I want to thank everyone that shared their thoughts, opinions, pictures, gifs, research, evidence, worries, frustrations, etc.  You guys made it possible for me to make it through the wait between episodes.  I've learned so much about the nuances of the writer and director that I don't think I can watch another drama the same way.  The reason I started this was because I was expecting to see more romance but I got so much more out of it with all the family members stories.  I didn't expect to be so invested in these characters lives.  I think this one would be worthy of me purchasing the Director's Cut to find out more about what was going on during filming. 

After TK came into the running, my belief that he's the husband became stronger with each passing episode.  I am one of the ones that is confident that he's the endgame.  Going back to ep 17, which seems like ages ago now, I also don't think the kiss was a dream but real.  I think someone mentioned here before (sorry can't remember who) that the scene when DS's tossing and turning in bed at the 1:18 minute mark looks like she's reliving the kiss.  The whole time she has her eyes opened except when she goes upside down and pops back into the screen with her eyes closed as if she's imaging kissing TK again so I'm guessing this is supposed to be one of those subtle clues (or I could be delulu).  She then starts writing in her dairy about her worries about not having a dream so most would dismiss it that she can't sleep for this reason only.  

Most of what I think has already been posted by others so I won't repeat and sorry for the long post that doesn't give any incite to the actual plot but I'm looking forward to sharing the excruciating wait and the last two episodes with you all.

• Like 20

4 minutes ago, yumenoyuki said:

I love Sun Woo and Bora together. They really fit well together. Sun Woo can melt Bora's cold exterior. I really want to see DS & BR's parents' reaction when they find out their daughters are marrying two brothers. Haha. And ofc SW's mom's reaction when she hears that BR will be her daughter-in-law.
I really do hope we get to see a wedding!!! (DS's parents convo about their daughters weddings perhaps is predicting a wedding scene? I can already see their dad crying really hard)

What if..... it becomes a double wedding, and while the wedding happens, accidentally it also become the first day of snow for that year? Ooooh that would be a scene to remember~~ :lol:

• Like 12

11 minutes ago, yumenoyuki said:

Gasp! You guys remember early in the series how much DS protested against celebrating their birthdays together?? Wouldn't it be great if they celebrated their weddings together? It would kind of come full circle since they've all grown so much. It'd also be pretty funny if DS reacted the same way as back then. 

• Like 14

Hi all, just realised an inside joke embedded in EP17, which had me cracking up.

Towards the end of 1988, they started showing the Sung family watching the TV awards ceremony from 1988-1993, and everyone pitching in to guess the grand prize winner, and Papa Sung getting it wrong everytime.

Initially, I thought it was just to show the progression of time. But then, I noticed Papa Sung's monologue:

Papa Sung: How is it possible that I have not guessed correctly, not even once? I should have guessed it by now. I OUGHT to get it right by now..(sighs)

Naughty Writer-nim!!! Not only was she making fun of Papa Sung, she was also teasing the viewers who have still not come to realise who the husband is by Episode 17!

And then I went back to look at Episode 4 and lo-and-behold.....there was Inside Joke No.2 on Papa Sung!! When TK came for the gathering and all the parents were there. What did Papa Sung introduce him as? 

'I want you all to greet him. He's our son-in-law'.

While Papa Sung was wondering when he will anything right, he had gotten THE ANSWER of Reply 1988 correct already...in Episode 4!

Writer-nim ah, you are so naughty!!

• Like 24

After finishing ep 18, I realize that (maybe someone pointed this out but we post too much, I missed it haha) both JH and Taek had concert scenes with DS. While JH treated her like a guy friend (pushed her away, talked like with a guy, refused to give her his coat), Taek gave DS his coat WITHOUT DS asked him to. That simple gesture spoke volumns.

Last night I showed my friend the vid of Junghwan confessing, that's a guy and I only told him "I feel bad for Junghwan".

He hasn't watched R88, after watching that vid, this is what we discussed

Him: I know why you feel bad!

Me: Why?

Him: The girl only looked at the door, waiting for the other guy (Taek) even when that guy (JH) confessed

Me: Yeah

Him: Damn...

Me: What?

Him: They even left his ring behind... I'm starting to think if I should watch this one 

Yeah, even for one who doesn't watch a second of this show, he still can grasp the situation, wonder why some are so confident to see things in a whole wrong light

• Like 18