Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

A post from DC that compiles the development of TK-DS story: http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=reply1988&no=537446&page=9&exception_mode=recommend

I'm confident of the ability of our ship resident to also make something like that, complete with the necessary analysis to show how TK being a potential husband is always there all along, and not something like a 'change of script' or 'nonsense writing'. :rolleyes:

Thanks @st4rdust for the translation once again! Indeed JH's word about the timing is very deep and right on the spot. :')

• Like 21

So I have the translation of 2015 DS and husband's scene

DS: Oh... this place plays so many old songs. I used to attend a lot of Lee Seung Hwan's concerts! I've been listening a lot recently too.

Are we interviewing too much? I feel guilty with my husband (Idk if they translate this right), it's okay for me being asked lots of question        but my husband normally dislikes interviews. It's because you ask (this one is a female, she used unnie) so I convinced him to come            no matter what. We've just married so we're kinda free (what!!!!)

*Husband comes*

DS: Oh, you came? Greet everyone! *goes to get coffee*

Husband *points at the interviewer*: You came here too? Please help us *stands awkwardly*

DS: You can go home first, I'll take care of things here.

Husband: what are you talking about? I like interviews too!

DS: It's okay, just leave.

Husbang: Fine, I'll go first.

*Ds whishpers something but they can't catch that*

Husband: Yah, of course I threw it away. I just took at glance then threw it immediately.

Ds: Really, stop reading manhwa. Did you hire those strange manhwas again? Stop reading manhwa and go home, okay!

It may be pretty confusing about husband claim he likes interviews and read manhwa, however if I don't rmb wrong, only Taek reads manhwas, JH read erotic novels

• Like 15

Guest aoikarin

Watching ep. 17 & 18 raw, again! Here's what I feel:

DS: I feel pity for this girl.. she's really been suffering low esteem syndrome. I think her youth days really contributes what makes her become in 1994, ie being a middle child and experiences many times love failures.

Young DS has been told by her friends, MO and JW that :

1. SW likes her... and it turns out wrong judgement, makes her embarrass and lost her confidence.

2. JH likes her... and it turns out to be true but  she's being pushed out and ignored by JH and that way, he crushed her confidence, again

3. Just because DS told JW, Taek cancelled their date (first time ever) =  "Choi Taek looks you as a fool" (hogu = easily to be fooled). Resulting a big blow for DS.. she lost her self confidence when it comes to Taek.

In ep 18, she keeps bragging to the squad that she's so popular, that she's been busy with her dates. And if her relationship fails, she keep underlines that she's the one who dumps her dates. .all her acts is to cover her flaw. Yes, She's who suffering with low self confidence. Again, at the concert scene, Taek cover her with his jacket, but she quickly said she doesn't feel cold (she feels super freezing btw) and acts strong, told Taek that she isn't dumped by his date..It's more important to told Taek so.. She doesn't want Taek (her unrecruited love) knows that she's just like HOGU for all over the years. That's why she lies to Taek to cover her weakness. 

Saw the kissing scene again... :D 

I thing the dreamlike kissing is  real deal instead of Taek's wet dream.

1. The reaction of Taek in the next morning, he's zoning out because of honeymoon night. I believe it's so vivid to him and he remembered all so well.. I buy that!

2.  Looking at DS previous behaviour and character (stubborn and persistent) once she put her mind on something, she will put 100% effort for it. (in JH case, she doesn't even back off when she wants JH's answer about going to concert, keep pestering him to go to concert with her). I believe, she wants to get closer with Taek after the runaway bridal scene with Taek. She put her focus on Taek.  That's why I believe  she doesn't leave Taek right away that night. Instead, she stays in Taek's room watching him sleeping.

3. The eye contact, the body language, the reaction of Taek and DS all scream it's a real deal.. Not a dream! It's so obvious, Taek gets his feedback kiss from DS.The only looks so blurry is because we are shown from Taek's POV who is under drugs.. so it's just like a dream.

4. DS's reaction so natural in the next morning? I don't think so... She always and almost never miss to greet Taek every time she meet him. She always go to him to greet him eventhough she's running late. But that morning, she's being unusual herself. she just quietly leaves Taek daydreaming sitting on the bench. She put distance between Taek and talk with him with her back towards Taek as if she's hiding something. She definitely put on poker baduk face.

The are some reasons for her doing so:

1. She believes that Taek has someone in his heart. And she thinks that Taek will not ever kiss her if whenever he's concious (LOL). To say that the kiss is indeed a dream is a good tactic for DS. She's the one who bring out the dream topic first. She kisses Taek back shows her truly heart for Taek.

2. She's too embarrass to say that she indeed sleep next to him and seduced him that night. (LOL) because of her low esteem, she doesn't believe that Taek indeed loves her..he asks her to go back home so many times, eventhough DS wants to spend time with Taek. She's not happy that Taek acts not usual himself anymore towards her. He put distance toward her. That's why she tries to cover her flaw and save her pride. She's want to proof it hat she's not a hogu in front of Taek. That's why she lied. (btw, she's very good lying with a straight face... remember she pretends to get twisted ankle with JH)

3. She doesn't want to jeopardize her relationship with Taek because of one kiss. I think she decides to keep her unrequited love for Taek this time.

TK:

Taek is much much bolder in ep 17 and 18. I love the look of Taek that he gives to DS before he grabs her and carry her in super romantic bridal style. The sassy manly look of Taek that as he shouts " YA!.. What are you doing.. C'mon hurry up" asking her to climb on his back and he sighing so loud like complaining and take DS's body into his laps, carry her with bridal style is sooo Cool. He's acting Tsundere!!

Again, in ep 18. concert scene,  I love the fact that Taek always play along with DS lies and answer her straightaway with his direct honesty "I feel Hot" and wraps his coat on her shoulder *squeeeal* 

The fact that he left in the middle of the match to save DS. Woaah.. That's a very big sacrifice from Taek. It's even broadcasted in the whole nation that CHoi Take 9 Dan walks out the match because of his personal affair. That's just WOW! I'm speechless here.

The scene that Taek standing in front of DS breathless, running crazily to meet her is PRICELESS. Taek is definitely forced to be athleTaek for proving his love to DS. Hahahaha

That day is certainly a very turnaround point for DS and Taek. The decision Taek leaves his match to go DS, I think shout it all.. Taek is catching his dream girl. And DS? Definitely happy inside out.  These two definitely having a date right after the concert. The scene Bora asks her the next morning "What time you come home last night?" Even later that BR who reconciled her relationship with SW. I think DS and Taek come home very very very late... (just make it morning Please, PDteam)

The scene that DS keeps looking her Beeper in JH's car and the door at the rest to see who is coming are pretty much clear that she's been waiting for Taek.

There are so many scenes I want to see for the rest of 2 episodes.. The scene how Taek and DS becomes couple.. and how their cope the problem to get marry. will it be much trouble for them if SW and Bora getting married? Because Once SW and Bora gets married, means a trouble for Taek to marry his Sister in law (DS). What a headache.

And Apart of Taek and DS.. I hope nothing happen to Papa Sung.. I smell trouble here..

2 Weeks, NO REPLY 1988... And now that it aired, ... WOW ddaebakk!!! ... The writers are great!!! In hiding who is the husband... Compared to the 2 reply series here at Reply 1988, you really can't tell who is the husband as in seriously!!! And up until now, it is still a big mystery and I believe that the writers uses the BADUK ETIQUETTE sort of thing-y .. Wherein after the game, the players cannot show who won and who lose... Here you can see that both JH and Taek didn't confess although in EP. 18, JH confess JOKINGLY. But the point here, is the love triangle  is like a game. Episode 18 and Episode 19, are the last part of the game... Episode 18, shows that its JH, thus we can assume that episode 19 would be Taek's turn... And the episode 20 would be the revelation who is the winner, and that would be narrated by DS

If the whole REPLY 1988, would be compared to baduk, then TAEK would be the winner. HAHAHAHA and I believe that the writers was really into baduk inspired story.  

shinkaya.blogspot.com%2Bigo.jpg       

Edited by jungseocouple
  • Like 21

1 hour ago, 13infamyss said:

There were two scenes in today's episode that made me think something happened at the concert. First scene - the sisters both asked each other what time they got home - it must be reaaaalllly late and they were too tired and occupied about something that they just went to bed without noticing each other (Bora had a blind date with Sun Woo - Duk Seon went to the concert with Taek. In my opinion these two scenes were big). The second scene - Going back to my first and second paragraph - Duk Seon was noted wearing a dress after the concert and looking like she's anticipating for something (pager, the door chime, her small smile when Sun Woo said Taek's coming in later).

Anyways, I don't know if they're going to be a part of a bigger picture, but I just thought I'd share those because they definitely caught my attention!

In my opinion, i found it strange that they leave the ring on the table. Maybe, is it part of Taek's plan to propose DS? They purposely live the ring and TK would pick up the ring after they left and chase DS?

Even im a bit worried about taekie happy ending..

But i see on the ep 18, there are 3 couple reunite after years..

1. MO n JB > coffee shop

2. SW n BR > restaurant

3. TK n DS > concert

cant u see? In this episode, its all about fate meeting and the right timing.. The 3 couples above, coincidence or not, all of them meeting again privately without others after having "unsolving past romance" history.. And only jh the only one who back off and dont meet his unrequited love..

Am i wrong?

Love u taekie.. 

• Like 17

27 minutes ago, cheersmyself said:

In my opinion, i found it strange that they leave the ring on the table. Maybe, is it part of Taek's plan to propose DS? They purposely live the ring and TK would pick up the ring after they left and chase DS?

It was very note worthy too, but I didn't include it in my Episode 18's observation since that abandoned ring was not really a scene for Taek and Duk Seon. At least in my opinion, it wasn't intended. I have a separate view on that favouring Jung Hwan and Duk Seon. 

In any case, we've seen the pattern here guys - we are always introduced to Jung Hwan's POV first and then Taek's would come later (their love interest, "noble idiocy", Duk Seon's treatment of them when she had taken interest in them - they all came in order). I believe Taek's turn will be next - his confession, exploring when he first liked her, cute things he did for Duk Seon, etc - things that happened in today's episode will mirror Taek's POV too. That's what I believe, and that's why we didn't get a scene of him throwing the match to rush to the concert today. Whether those flashbacks will favour him or not now depends on Duk Seon and her heart.  

• Like 15

Chingus... as always thanks for keeping Taek's room so lively and fun. 

I was almost crying at JH's confession scene in EP 18... now we know deeply he likes DS... but what was surprising was his flashback scene showing him taking a peek at her while she was practising picketing in the white hanbok. That scene was before the scene where they were pressed against the wall... so it seems he started to have feelings for her even before that. But the key is 'timing'. When the 'timing' was right but he was hesitant, he missed his opportunity.

From my POV, starting from EP 10 onwards... the goalpost had already shifted towards TK-DS pairing. The gradual build up of the many interactions between them would be redundant if TK was not the end game. And at this point of time changing the goalpost again in the last two episodes would already be too late.

What we have not seen, as some Chingus have already shared here... are flashbacks from TK and DS's POV. I'm pretty sure that there's much more flashback to dish out for TK... and his deep affections for DS will not be anything less than JH's. When did he first start to show interest? From DS's POV... when did she start to realise that her feelings for TK was deeper than her previous crush-like feelings for SW and JH? I too feel that the kiss scene was real... but what was the reason that DS acted like nothing happened?

An interesting part that I picked up from EP 18, was despite the 3 to 4 years time skip, although the friends didn't have time to hangout together as often, DS seems to be pretty much involved in TK's circle for her to introduce a GF to his baduk manager. 

• Like 18

2 hours ago, 13infamyss said:

Hey guys, just thought I`d drop by and list some scenes in Ep 18 that I observed that would catch your interest in this loveline.

Duk Seon, for the first time in Ep 18, is meeting her best friends in a dress in the very last scene (we've got 3 scenes of the best friends hanging out and 2 of the scenes had Duk Seon in pants). Duk Seon wore a dress for her date (she and her sister are so much a like, no wonder Taek said she was Bora's reincarnation) Was she trying to look pretty and girly again in front of one of her best friends? 

In Jung Hwan's car, she was occupied by her pager (was she anticipating a message from someone? She didn't look too happy that at 7:09PM still no new message received). It obviously didn't escape Jung Hwan's attention and reminded her to put her seat belt on.

Duk Seon's head turn and look of anticipation twice when the door chimed in only to be disappointed was very note worthy - even Jung Hwan noted it. Twice.

This episode highlighted Jung Hwan's effort in getting to the concert to see Duk Seon. I have the feeling we might be seeing Taek's POV in rushing to get to Duk Seon next time since his nonchalant reaction (boy is always expressionless) to the discussion on Duk Seon being stood up at the concert to him getting there just at the right time gasping for breath was not seen in this episode.

There were two scenes in today's episode that made me think something happened at the concert. First scene - the sisters both asked each other what time they got home - it must be reaaaalllly late and they were too tired and occupied about something that they just went to bed without noticing each other (Bora had a blind date with Sun Woo - Duk Seon went to the concert with Taek. In my opinion these two scenes were big). The second scene - Going back to my first and second paragraph - Duk Seon was noted wearing a dress after the concert and looking like she's anticipating for something (pager, the door chime, her small smile when Sun Woo said Taek's coming in later).

Anyways, I don't know if they're going to be a part of a bigger picture, but I just thought I'd share those because they definitely caught my attention!

Thank you for summarizing all these observations! I totally missed the pager scene and went back to take a look at it and yessss DS is totally waiting for a message from someone! :w00t:

• Like 13

2 hours ago, Meliere said:

But you know what else is amazing about that scene?

Taek knew just by looking at her.

He knew there's no way her date pulled through.

EDIT: OOPS MY BAD. From stardust's translations, TK did get a "heads up" from manager Yoo & gf.

@Meliere I totally and definitely agree!! I will not be surprise if there will be a flashback that TK and other Baduk staff are watching movie same schedule of DS and her Date..

He might not confess yet but I think TK love her from a distance..he never stop caring for her... ^____^

• Like 9

After reading so many comments, I'm back to keep my expectation low again lol, I'm easily affected and swayed, but I'll respect whatever the writer decides. What bugs me right now is 2015 said "We just got married so we have lots of free time" *wonder if they translate it wrong* but why did they only get married at such old age?

I also wonder why this time, they don't make 2015 as a reunion of 5 friends but an interview instead? R88 gang has the deepest connection and closest friendship but seeing them scatter in 2015 makes me sad

• Like 6

2 hours ago, chocolatepizza said:

After comparing NB and KKUL, I think KKUL has more rational people commenting since it's centered on dramas and variety shows.

http://kkuljaem.blogspot.sg/2016/01/spoilers-reply-1988_9.html

looking at the comments in nb from korean and i netizens alike is so frustrating. they never give their entire insight and continue to be biased because it doesn't happen their way. What happened to not caring about who the husband is? they were too focused on jh's k drama actions. Not to mention the fact that none of them talked about DS' feelings at all, or how she looked at her pager several times and at the door when the bell rang. I guess it's better to stick to forums ^^

• Like 9

They are still sure jh is the husband. I am having insecurity issues. :lol:

Now, I have no problem seeing TK as the husband. Before my heart and mind were fighting. My mind is for jh(only because of 2015 husband & more time with the angst) but my heart is set for tk. But even before episode 17 & 18, my mind already told me that the only possible way for jh to be the husband is if TK die. I don't think I am shipper blind but the story is really going for tk. DS feelings, with the little clips I've seen and the recap, have develop to TK. They reach the point she waits for him. She was always the first one to greet him when he comes home from a tiring day. She worries about him too much. And they understand each other better. Their friendship is deeper than the others. 

But still team low expectation. I'll only be secure when I see ep 20.

• Like 16