Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

4 hours ago, aoikarin said:

Yes.. I love this week episodes.. as DS wishes, Taek did lots of exercises to win DS's heart... Love really needs lots of sacrifice.. Hahahaha

Should we call him Athletaek? :w00t:

That was freaking GENIUS! Athletaek! 

• Like 10

I think I know now why I love Bora's character so much (besides her activism): she is a 1% chance girl lol. And one that "got" her chance :) 

So, I think you should claim Bora the godmother for this ship :) 

For, I think the majority of you came onboard to the taetanic believing in that unbelieveble 1% chance that he could be the husband.

Yes, me too, until episode 6 I was sure JH was the husband, leaving room for 1% chance that it wouldn't be him (we never know, right?). Then step by step Taek chances grew up - in a very solidified and well written way - and after episode 16 I was giving a 60% rate pro taek. Now, imo, the chances pro taek as the husband came to an unbelieveble 90% (to keep it in low key).

[and maybe, the 1% chance that Bora told SW was also a way that the writer conveyed to say to the viewers: never but never despise a 1% chance in a story which is well written ;)  :) ]

About JH  - I agree with you that - if we take only the narrative's flow of last episode - it was one that gave closure to JH's one sided love. Many of you had already pointed out how and why this was his closure. But, I don't know if you already notice that at the end of the episode, when they were showing the credits, they made a compilation of pics of some o the "best JH-DS's moments", and the last pic was one with JH alone,and then fade out. To me, maybe in a biased way, I really read it as a farwell.

• Like 22

Hi again! I had to watch today's episode because Trash Oppa and Najung did a cameo. :)

I want to say that unlike 1994, both Junghwan and Taekie were given equal chances to woo Deoksun. Again, I love both Junghwan and Taekie and my heart will break for whoever does not get Deoksun's love. All through out the drama Junghwan had his chance to win Deoksun's love. I believe he had the best chance since Deoksun also had feelings for him, we weren't too sure about Taekie's chances until episode 9 when they went to China . From episode 3 until episode about episode 9, Junghwan had the best opportunities and I really thought he was going to confess his love to Deoksun even before Taekie told the group that he liked her. That was one of the reason why I didn't feel too bad for Junghwan during that scene because he had blown his opportunities. I've read in several places that blame Taekie for forcing Junghwan to have to choose between his friendship with Taekie or his love for Deoksun, well he wouldn't have to make to choice if he had just told her how he felt. I'm quite sure Taek's feelings weren't as strong for Deoksun until they went to China. If Junghwan had confess even after China, because I feel that Taek still was unsure of how strong his feelings were, they could've of handle Taek's rejection in a way that would please both sides. After Taek became emotionally connected with Deoksun, everything became tricky because now it's hard for both boys to let go. I know that the drama gods like to blame everything on timing but I think in this case it's really just the characters making slow decisions from the start which in turn affected their next decision. LOL. Enough of my talks.

Anyway at the end of today's episode, did anyone notice how Deoksun was looking at the door each time the bell ring? 

• Like 15

What IM DYING TO KNOW is how did Taek (and junghwan too...but Im more interested in Taek ><) deal with Doksun going on dates with other guys and how far has she gone with them .___. We all know that Taek is the jealous type and we saw it several times before ><

P.S : I miss Taek's WIDE smile when he looks at doksun or when she smiles it just showed how much he loved her and find her cute :/ Now it's not like before u_u

• Like 12

Annyeong Chingus! can someone explain if Taek abandon his own Baduk competition when he went to DS? i do not understand korean much but during the scene that JH was inside his jeep, a news about Taek was said over the radio and he JH reacted. Thanks a lot chingus!

Team Taek all the way:heart:

• Like 6

Today's episode made me so happy but then reading other people's comments made me nervous for Taek as well. It really doesn't matter which guy likes Deok Sun more. It's all up to her. I hope we will be able to see how she feels about each boy in the next 2 episodes. Omg the kiss was so good. SO SO SO good. I had to watch it several times. I hope they will release the BTS for that hehehe. 

No matter what happens in the next 2 episodes, I will forever be on #teamtaek. 

P.S. I also noticed how she looked at the door each time the bell rang. You only do that if you are anticipating someone's arrival!!! And Junghwan's smile when he saw that.... it's like he knew who is truly in Deok Sun's heart.

• Like 11

Three things:

1. This episode could also be called Live is irony III, for DS accused hubby for being dating many girls, and it was in fact DS who dated for real lol

2. I never wanted to say that, because I always believed 2015 DS-Husband were there mostly to be source of troll (lol). However, since the first time I saw Taek's reaction to DK, when he just stared at her in silence after she said something that bothered him, I thought the way present husband reacted - staring in silence at DS - when she said he had dated many girls very but very Taek-like. But maybe just another troll ;)

3. In regards to DS's reaction at JH's confession. First of all, I think any woman will feel herself flattered to be the object of such confession, in special from a guy like JH. Second, again maybe I'm just not good at reading others feeling, but what I got from DH's reactions, face and eyes, was a feeling of nostalgia. Yes, nostalgia. Just that: nostalgia as an echo from her past, but nonetheless the past.

bye and good night :) 

• Like 22

Ep 18 is such a beautiful episode. My heart broke for JH. But then again, Reply 1988 is a story about family. Blood family and friends that are like or much more than a family. I never expected TK and JH to aggresively pursue DS face to face. These are boys that grew up together and have a genuine love and concern for one another. I fully expected that one has to bow out of the game quietly. As a TK-DS shipper and hearing people all the time that JH will be the husband, I kind of prepared myself that maybe TK will be the one to quietly resolve his feelings and give way BECAUSE TK is a very considerate and thoughtful guy. Here is a bunch of five friends who literally mean everything to each other. If the two boys will fight for DS head on,  the other 3 will be affected as well. JH's confession is beautifully done and I can say that DS knew that he was being sincere but JH's confession is meant to let go. After he said his piece, i find the scene when they were just talking like the old times and happy so endearing. JH is back to being just a friend, he found his closure. All the flashbacks gave the final moments a heart tugging ride for all of us. In this drama, one of our two BELOVED boys who likes DS will eventually have his heart broken. And I am somehow happy that at the end of the episode JH has found his closure and peace. All of this without TK asking for it or begging him. Because I know in my heart that TK would have done the same for JH. At the end of the day, they freaking give  an awesome meaning to FRIENDSHIP; and real family;)

Kudos to RJY for a great arch on this episode;)

Now, we wait how TK and DS will cross the great divide of friendship to real romantic love:heart:

• Like 18

Im a bit "old-style" and no matter how open I can be...Im still attracted to the shoujo-feel in K-dramas...I know I should be realistic and accept the story's development and Doksun dating other guys aside from Taek or Junghwan...but it bothers me a bit to imagine her kiss someone else during these 5 years...I hope that her "second kiss" is Taek's >< (since the first 1 was Taek's too :3)

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Betsi Soma said:

What IM DYING TO KNOW is how did Taek (and junghwan too...but Im more interested in Taek ><) deal with Doksun going on dates with other guys and how far has she gone with them .___. We all know that Taek is the jealous type and we saw it several times before ><

P.S : I miss Taek's WIDE smile when he looks at doksun or when she smiles it just showed how much he loved her and find her cute :/ Now it's not like before u_u

Actually I find a part of the answer I was looking for (I quoted myself lol) Im now rewatching ep 18 when Doksun was telling the gang that she's popular too and she's the one dumping guys....Taek was drinking NON stop he even chocked up at some point :3 x) he then started laughing ...it's as if he was hiding the fact that he was upset...he showed an expression I've never seen before x) is that drunk Taek ? haha + When Doksun went on the date he spent the whole time sleeping in his room :/ (When I watched the ep this morning I was at work...Now I need to catch up and pay attention to the details ><)

• Like 18

2 hours ago, mangachickava said:

y'all ds in the future has been shown eating ice cream twice now.....any thoughts if it means something more??

icecream.jpg

ACCORDING TO JINJOO,  ICE CREAM = SNOWMAN = FIRST SNOW = SUNTAEK = OTP = LOVE = THE HOLY TRINITY

QED :sweatingbullets::phew::D

Also, when DS sent TK off to Tokyo for the Fujitsu cup, she was eating ice cream. That's when he asked "is it okay if I lose?"

Guess who forfeited a competition to catch the concert with DS (and thereby cement his place within the OTP team)?

:heart:

• Like 21