Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

Perfectly written @Meliere!

All of the points is pretty pinpoint i think. Yes, even if we ignore the dream-like kiss, the bridal scene still happened guys. It's the most important point to dissect Deoksun's feeling toward the boys. It's the last thing happened and made a big impact on DS romantic life before the time skip, if that's not a clue to DS true feelings, i don't know what is. :rolleyes:

I want to keep being as confident as every other JH-DS shipper out there, but i guess it's in my nature to keep a little room of doubt to be wary of. Oh i can't wait for EP18 tonight~~~

• Like 14

3 hours ago, bunnyqueens17 said:

I too focused watching Taekie's microexpression I won't notice DS's subtle nod there if you don't point it out....:wub:
Other shipper might said its just fanservice from the writer and PD before we hitting the iceberg, bcoz the rest of eps is going to focus at JH DS now.....

And I said, bring it on.....
Iceberg, crazy storm, huge wave, tornado, bermuda triangle, end game or not I'm more than willing to go anywhere, everywhere with this submarine/ship/transformer/hellicarrier/whateveryouwannacalledit and the lovely fellow passengers here....
Let it sail, sink or fly.....
We might end up at the bottom of ocean, have a pizza party, watching the beautiful "dream" kiss scene million times, talking about random stuff,...
We''ll survive....
We start with nothing, lowest expectation, very small hope, and look at the amount of beautiful moment the Reply Team sharing with us.....

*sigh..........................

Am I the only one who don't like the kiss scene? How should I explain.... I'm ok if they will end up together, but..... seeing their kiss.... (not as Taek&DukSon but As BoGum&Hyeri) Andweeeee!!! I feel so much pain.... why am I like this?! I couldn't love you more... Bo Gum-ah..... :bawling:

• Like 5

@Meliere I love how you present the detail of BRIDAL RUN... and also how DS so affected with TK actions..

Other roommates are calling you last night and excited to hear your side.. you really work hard like TK...hihihihihihi ^__^thank you for always sharing insightful analysis.. ^^

• Like 11

Goodness, I realized there's a very good reason I don't follow the main thread. I just wanted to see if there was anything about DR and other characters but get bombarded with posts trying to devalue our ship and our spiderman kiss scene. JH shippers must be the majority in that thread and they're very...overbearing. It's making me all sad even though I still believe in our ship wholeheartedly *emotions too easily effected by others*

Spoiler

This is why I would've chosen this ship in the end even if I were neutral about the two ships because you guys seem so much nicer and don't bring the other ship down to raise this one up. I can't stand aggressive shippers. It's one of my biggest fandom pet peeves. Shipping is supposed to be fun

So I guess I'll just ask you guys in a spoiler below since it's unrelated to suntaek

Spoiler

Did any one watch Reply 94? I read something about an "activist unni" being mentioned in R94 that's supposed to be Bora but I can't remember that part.

Also did Mi-ok get sent to the states? I think that's what I heard but I only watched ep 17 once and was kinda preoccupied while it was playing so I'm not totally sure

• Like 13

@MissBelle From my limited understanding of Korean, I think she did go to the states. 

On another note, I'm caught up with our thread finally! The screen shots and analysis are so good! Keep them coming! #TaektanicIsTheBestShip

Edited to add: the title on the kiss video that TVN uploaded is titled: "꿈같은 키스" As I understand it, it translates to "dream-like kiss" CMIIW. So basically....TVN is telling us it is a real kiss? :blush:

• Like 12

guys, as i was (RE) watching the kiss scene.. (hehehe don't we all do?) :blush:

I realised that.....

(before the dream) 

k3xcia.jpg

(the dream)

2i0xldd.png

if the kiss was indeed real... how did that blue blanket appear out of nowhere?

:dizzy:

(unless taek moved 90 degrees during his sleep..)

• Like 11

I just wanna share why Reply 1988 would be my most favorite out of the three (well, maybe its rank will be affected a bit if in the end it's not Taek :)), but I'm still sure I like it most).

Every character in this installment is amazing and well made, one reason most of K-dramas are easily forgotten is the writers usually leave some characters undeveloped (this happened to Najung too, which is a shame since I think R94 is more interesting, funnier, more easy to connect with and it has appropriate length per episode. My friend is a fan of Reply but he said this one's too long, at some point it's draggy).

I'll just talk about the romance path, usually we accept the main OTP because it has to be that way, the writers implant that idea on us ever since the casting news released so most of times, we don't care much if they're really meant for each other or it's because the plot makes it seem so. 

Back to R88, if it's not because of DS, I don't know if I would like Taek this much and if DS has another personality, would I still ship her with Taek? Probably not, because character wise, I usually go with JH, the tsundere type, there's just something attractive about this kind of guys.

However, our DS is a girl with full of complexities, she seems nonchalant and carefree, but deep inside she's scared of everything. I find out that she cares a lot about what others think about her (her crying when she thought her mom gave up on her after the meeting with her teacher, her worriness when she confessed she didn't have a dream, since she's scared her family wouldn't love her anymore if she isn't successful as Bora...) all her life, she's compared herself with Bora, who seems to have everything because she studies so well, that lead to DS's constant thought, since she's not smart, people won't love her.

For a girl like that, JH is not the one. Type like DS needs someone who doesn't hesitate to let her know she's pretty, and that he cares for her. JH can't express his feelings, to his own family, he can't even show his love, therefore being in a relationship with JH would be extremely tiring for DS. I can totally imagine her questioning if JH indeed loves her or not. His actions are too confusing for someone simple as DS.

That's why I want Taek for DS, not because Taek deserved to be love (he is, but it's not like his life ends without DS) but because he is the one for her, I can't think of anyone else who can give DS that peace and happiness.

• Like 20

39 minutes ago, MissBelle said:

Goodness, I realized there's a very good reason I don't follow the main thread. I just wanted to see if there was anything about DR and other characters but get bombarded with posts trying to devalue our ship and our spiderman kiss scene. JH shippers must be the majority in that thread and they're very...overbearing. It's making me all sad even though I still believe in our ship wholeheartedly *emotions too easily effected by others*

Hide contents

This is why I would've chosen this ship in the end even if I were neutral about the two ships because you guys seem so much nicer and don't bring the other ship down to raise this one up. I can't stand aggressive shippers. It's one of my biggest fandom pet peeves. Shipping is supposed to be fun

So I guess I'll just ask you guys in a spoiler below since it's unrelated to suntaek

Hide contents

Did any one watch Reply 94? I read something about an "activist unni" being mentioned in R94 that's supposed to be Bora but I can't remember that part.

Also did Mi-ok get sent to the states? I think that's what I heard but I only watched ep 17 once and was kinda preoccupied while it was playing so I'm not totally sure

yeah I notice that too. Ive made myself like JH too so I wont be to sad if TK isnt the end game #lowerexpectations #teambothcauseitryanddontwnattobehurtlol

The JH/DS shippers arent all bad(Im sure there some bad eggs here too lol), some I like, but there are some that are aggressive which kind of scares me lol like Im worried to post stuff there on there forum as Im trying to be team both but ima a bit scared they might bite my head off or they might think Im trolling/snooping/spy lol But Im not! honestly!! I find in interesting seeing the other side, helps me put things into prospective and remain unbiased at times and see JH good qualities(and make me like him):) But the scary ones made me not look at that forum much anymore and its pretty hurtful reading negative comments regarding TK cause hes such a sweet heart and it hurts my heart so I try to avoid it :( lol

But in general I think people here a pretty nice!!! I think its because lots have lowered there expectations and are remaining humble/not expecting much if u know what i mean. Its a pretty good environment to be around so I like to camp out here pretty much lol. Everyone so supportive and kind, so lets keep it that way to the very end yeah? Lets not put JH down either as it would be pretty hurtful to read for some who are rooting for him. But we seem to be doing pretty alright in general!! At the end of the day cheer for ur bias but lets not become to scary about it haha

• Like 13

I peek other's shipper thread and it amuses me. if i didnt watch yesterday's episode, i would have thought that JH propose to DS or something, their self-confident is no joke. and the funny thing is, it's TK-DS who get some kind of development in their story (and a major one, for richard simmons's sake, it's a freaking kiss scene) yet TK-DS' shipper become more cautious and try so hard to keep low expectation. yokshi, as expected from the supporters of baduk's master 

• Like 18

@Meliere You're very welcome! and I know right? How many posts exactly did I make today? I've never really post this much before. But the current progression of this ship is making me excited over all the possibilities. I just had to read all the DC theories and analysis and share it with you guys here! They are just too good not to be shared!

• Like 12

22 minutes ago, lovelyrainy said:

I just wanna share why Reply 1988 would be my most favorite out of the three (well, maybe its rank will be affected a bit if in the end it's not Taek :)), but I'm still sure I like it most).

Every character in this installment is amazing and well made, one reason most of K-dramas are easily forgotten is the writers usually leave some characters undeveloped (this happened to Najung too, which is a shame since I think R94 is more interesting, funnier, more easy to connect with and it has appropriate length per episode. My friend is a fan of Reply but he said this one's too long, at some point it's draggy).

I'll just talk about the romance path, usually we accept the main OTP because it has to be that way, the writers implant that idea on us ever since the casting news released so most of times, we don't care much if they're really meant for each other or it's because the plot makes it seem so. 

Back to R88, if it's not because of DS, I don't know if I would like Taek this much and if DS has another personality, would I still ship her with Taek? Probably not, because character wise, I usually go with JH, the tsundere type, there's just something attractive about this kind of guys.

However, our DS is a girl with full of complexities, she seems nonchalant and carefree, but deep inside she's scared of everything. I find out that she cares a lot about what others think about her (her crying when she thought her mom gave up on her after the meeting with her teacher, her worriness when she confessed she didn't have a dream, since she's scared her family wouldn't love her anymore if she isn't successful as Bora...) all her life, she's compared herself with Bora, who seems to have everything because she studies so well, that lead to DS's constant thought, since she's not smart, people won't love her.

For a girl like that, JH is not the one. Type like DS needs someone who doesn't hesitate to let her know she's pretty, and that he cares for her. JH can't express his feelings, to his own family, he can't even show his love, therefore being in a relationship with JH would be extremely tiring for DS. I can totally imagine her questioning if JH indeed loves her or not. His actions are too confusing for someone simple as DS.

That's why I want Taek for DS, not because Taek deserved to be love (he is, but it's not like his life ends without DS) but because he is the one for her, I can't think of anyone else who can give DS that peace and happiness.

I usual go for JH characters as well in dramas so thats what makes me think 1988 is amazing and special in that the love interests are so amazing and u can have an ur own opinion on who you think is best for DS in the end. But this series looks like DS will have the choice of who she wants in the end and who she thinks is best for her. She is the game maker regardless on what we want lol I i think shes has a few unpredictable cards up her sleeves which will leave us viewers reeling and enjoying the ride experience hehe

• Like 6