Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

@salz..lol. Junghwan is good guy, he wouldn't wish anything bad for his friends.

anyway, feel sorry for BR and SW. but to be honest, i'm not surprise. they have to make them seperated so DS - TK and TK's appa - SW omma be together.

• Like 7

I have been a silent reader and followed this threat for the last few days. I enjoyed reading everyone's analyses, and found them to be very interesting. There were many details that I have missed from this series such as the dolls, color theory, etc. I learnt so much from you guys ~^_^~. Love this threat and Taek so much that I have to create an account to join in the discussion with everyone.

I believe Taek is the main lead because of how much effort the writer had put into building this character. In the first few episodes we mostly learnt about him indirectly from other characters’ perspectives of Taek (flashbacks and the way they talked about him). His reaction was rarely shown in the scenes he was on thus we never had the chance to form our own judgments of Taek character. This was very different from JH, which led viewers to believe that he was only a second lead. And that’s exactly the writer’s purpose. Our understanding of Taek was limited to how much the people in the neighborhood know about him, especially from DS’s perspective. Taek remained much more mysterious to viewers as his thoughts, feelings & actions  hidden. As the series unfold, PD can slowly reveal to viewers Taek’s personality by simply disclosing more of what wasn’t shown. This effect has created such a depth for his character and made Taek to be the most unpredictable character in the series. We somewhat could predict what JH and other characters would do, but we don’t know what to expect from Taek.

I also agree with you guys that TK liked DS way before JH did. I feel that the writer often subtly hinted about TK’s feeling for DS since the beginning. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAxZQL2fXwY            

I just love it so much when they used this soundtrack in ep 3 as the scene transition (from 37:30-39:00 in the original ep). I can’t find the cut that include the first part in TK’s room. And the lyric started with “if I had to live a day without you near me…” I feel that the lyric was an indication and foreshadowing their future relationship and feelings for each other.  TK confirmed this in the later episode by telling SW that he thinks he might die without her. I also think that DS already had feelings for TK and was never aware of them. The way she treated him is very different from how she treated her other close friends. She always took care and was extremely protective of him. This might appear to others as though she considered him to be a younger brother. Then why did she wear Taek’s clothes during China trip and smile shyly when being asked to take picture with him? Why did she get nervous and stutter when he leaned on her shoulder (the umbrella scene)? I never saw DS get all fluttered around the other guys (even JH). I hope PD will reveal some important flashbacks in the next 4 episodes for us to have a closer look at the dynamic of their relationship. I think other soundtracks also convey writer’s messages and provide more clues. Unfortunately I don’t understand Korean so I don’t know the meaning behind it L.

I have not finished reading all the posts (170+ pages) so I don't know if anyone has mentioned this.

This scene in episode 14: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeLhmbfbj_g

The picture of TK&DS taken in China had some writing/printing like a date in the bottom right. It'd be great if anyone who read Korean can verify it. In the future scene when DS and her husband talked about their picture, he said it was dated in Jan 1989 as he pointed at the bottom right.

In the episode 16: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtNGta93IxU

TK didn’t pull it out completely so I can’t tell if the picture of JH&DS had any date on it. However I don't want to read too deep into this clue since I think the PDs can easily twist the plot in later episodes by showing that both pictures had dates on it.

Also I remember DS was JH’s Secret Santa but it was never mentioned what he got from her. Did I miss it or it was never shown? She also didn't care to treat JH nicer during that week and was excited about how Taek was going to get her those gloves. 

But tbh as much as I want TK to be the husband, I don't mind if the future husband is either JH or DR as long as the writer gives enough development for the love story and the characters in the last 4 episodes. 

I also googled up the plots for other Reply/Answer Me series out of curiosity while watching the Reply 1988, and I think I like the storyline of 1988 the most.

I didn’t expect my first post to come out this long. Thank you anyone for reading this ^^!

Edited by vanchio706
  • Like 22

Guest aoikarin

OMG!!! KISSSSSSS!!!! dugun dugun and my face is getting hot because of this half spiderman kisss!! Wenyollllll TAEKkieaa

9 minutes ago, AppleP said:

@salz..lol. Junghwan is good guy, he wouldn't wish anything bad for his friends.

anyway, feel sorry for BR and SW. but to be honest, i'm not surprise. they have to make them seperated so DS - TK and TK's appa - SW omma be together.

well im just guessing with how he saying it lol beside a nice guy can be selfish for a weak moment:P

• Like 5

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.......:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

• Like 18