Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

5 hours ago, hafunohane said:

Went back to episode 7 today and I’m seriously overwhelmed by the amount of things that I didn’t catch until just now…. *Taeks a deep breath* WARNING: IMAGE- HEAVY, LENGTHY POST AHEAD. (took me quite a while to compile this list because of the screencaps haha fun times).

PART 1/2

- More similarities between BR- TK:

1.    The most obvious one: BR & TK were the first two people that departed JH's house after they picked a name.

Screen_Shot_2016_01_06_at_11_47_18_PM.pnScreen_Shot_2016_01_06_at_11_47_53_PM.pn

2.   Both BR and TK went against the rules/tradition of Christmas in a way. TK completely abandoned the first rule of manito that JB mentioned seconds before and innocently announced who he got. JB immediately got nervous hahaha. 

Screen_Shot_2016_01_06_at_11_50_22_PM.pnScreen_Shot_2016_01_06_at_11_52_49_PM.pn

(and btw, we all know who was the next person to say the exact same thing right after TK blew JB’s cover)

Screen_Shot_2016_01_06_at_11_46_06_PM.pnScreen_Shot_2016_01_06_at_11_46_10_PM.pn

BR too, couldn’t care less about preserving a kid’s belief in Santa’s existence. Poor JJ lol! And i think that both BR and TK did what they did not because they meant to break the tradition, but because these actions align with their character.

Screen_Shot_2016_01_06_at_11_51_10_PM.pnScreen_Shot_2016_01_06_at_11_51_19_PM.pn

3.    There’s only 1 other person that completely forgot about the manito game besides TK: BR. She misunderstood SW’s present as a romantic gesture so she was caught off- guard when SW said it’s for the manito game.

Screen_Shot_2016_01_07_at_12_46_28_AM.pnScreen_Shot_2016_01_07_at_12_46_09_AM.pn

Also, when DS was down because TK also forgot about the present, NL mistook the culprit for BR when it was TK that made DS upset. BR of ALL people... Why?

Screen_Shot_2016_01_07_at_12_51_54_AM.pn

4.    Speaking of the manito, we’re only shown two pairs of manito partners talk about the present outside on the streets, late at night, on the D-day. One is TK-DS, and the other is BR-SW. notice the camera angle....

Screen_Shot_2016_01_07_at_12_46_57_AM.pnScreen_Shot_2016_01_07_at_12_43_19_AM.pn

5.    I’m sure we have noticed the countless amounts of TK after shower’s scene with the white towel that this drama has bestowed upon us. Guess what, BR also has her own trademark repetitive scenes. In this episode alone, I counted her doing it twice.

Screen_Shot_2016_01_07_at_12_45_27_AM.pnScreen_Shot_2016_01_07_at_12_47_50_AM.pn

Moreover, here’s an eerily similar outfit that they have while caught in their trademark scene: a plain white t-shirt. Look up then look down:

Screen_Shot_2016_01_07_at_12_53_00_AM.pn

6.    BR and TK “exchanged” colors in ep7. Assuming TK is sometimes green, we can see here that BR is wearing a GREEN towel against her purple sweatshirt. And we know that TK’s other pillow is purple, but here I noticed that the gloves paper wrap for his dad is PURPLE. TK also sported a striped PURPLE shirt this episode when they did the manito game at JH's house.

Screen_Shot_2016_01_07_at_12_16_20_AM.pnScreen_Shot_2016_01_07_at_12_49_24_AM.pn

7.    Two highlighted umbrella scenes happened today. In both occasions, one waited for the other with umbrella for him/ her. In TK’s case, his dad waited outside the club until TK came out. In SW’s case, he waited in the library, checked the time, and went out right before BR’s car arrived.

Screen_Shot_2016_01_06_at_11_58_29_PM.pnScreen_Shot_2016_01_06_at_11_57_44_PM.pnScreen_Shot_2016_01_06_at_11_56_32_PM.pnScreen_Shot_2016_01_07_at_12_14_25_AM.pn

8.    We know that TK is a picky eater from EP 9 and 10: he doesn’t digest Chinese food well and won’t eat the raw meat. Now, lo and behold, second picky eater of the block frowned at her parent's remark after she refused the oysters. 

Screen_Shot_2016_01_07_at_12_00_06_AM.pnScreen_Shot_2016_01_07_at_12_00_14_AM.pn

- The other things that caught my eye in this episode. these aren’t necessarily TK/ TK-DS related so I’m putting it under spoiler:

Reveal hidden contents

1.    There are another set of dolls too in TK’s room (it's TK room, JH is just there) LOL. I have no theory about this so I’ll just leave the screencap here in case anybody wants to taek a stab at it.

Screen_Shot_2016_01_06_at_11_54_02_PM.pn

2.    I noticed TWO MAJOR FORESHADOWING in this episode. The first one is with JH’s dad. Remember how in EP 10 he was soooo sulky on his birthday? Guess what he said to Sungdaddy and Papabear on Papabear’s birthday this episode?

Screen_Shot_2016_01_07_at_12_39_29_AM.pn

3.    Now, the next one is actually soooo obvious. But I seriously didn’t realize this until just now. Look at how the parents are positioned here. It’s the two husband and wives on one side of the street, with the future couple on the other end, and the framing went from the 2 married couples to SW’s mom and Papabear singled out in the next second. Slow clap to the R1988 for the umph-teenth time they blew my mind with their attention to detail.

Screen_Shot_2016_01_07_at_1_00_04_AM.pngScreen_Shot_2016_01_07_at_1_00_08_AM.pngSWmom_TKdad.png

So that's it for now. This first part is just a warm-up. I’ll post the part 2 soon which is about JH-DS-TK. *Note to self: better learn how to edit/ shorten thoughts lol* Btw @lady65432, i would even argue against the genius trait that CB and TK supposedly shared. I know CB isn't a natural genius at baseball. in R1994 they made a point to show that he is not born a talented baseball genius, just extremely hardworking and determined to become better. TK, on the other hand, I think is gifted with that brain. Of course he improved with practice too for Baduk, but i remember countless times that the gang comments on how TK is good at other things (would be better at studying than DS/DR, JB wants his help to solve the rubik's cube, the quiz answer that he got right on EP 0, blue marble game, galaga, etc.) CB on the other hand, is stupid. Like he isn't very academically accomplished compared to the rest of the gang. The similarity is more like that they have a devoted passion for one field, and they made a successful career out of it. 

Hello all, lurker emerging from the darkness here :lol: I just rewatched episode 12 and discovered one more TK-BR similarity...

In episode 12, BR volunteers to deliver food to SW's house. SW comments on how BR must be cold because she has no socks on. He then covers her feet with the blanket.

And in episode 14, TK tells his dad he will deliver the fruit to DS's house... and what would you know, he has no socks on either! DS comments on how he must be cold and then covers his feet with the blanket.

Sorry I can't figure out how to post screencaps here, but if you go and rewatch those scenes you will see the exact same pattern :w00t:

• Like 16

11 minutes ago, Abim Syazili said:

I almost forget that this drama has a fun and comical side lol *goat sound*

The husband hunt is on fire. Literally.

1Lb4vhyhWqoYqqCSilFsSBoeqR6U8Ala1UaqZ-UI

Yeah.. Two weeks long enough to make us taptaphae chugo. Sleepless night thinking about hints everywhere and read too much. Yeah finally the wait is over... fingers cross for ep 17 n 18

• Like 9

2 hours ago, hermess-san said:

:)

2 hours ago, hermess-san said:

Thank you so much. I got it now :)

If you rewatched again towards the end of ep 2, tru Kim's appa unintentional recording we will see DS running out from JH's room, dragging TK with her, never stopping at/around/infront of JJ like JH, DR & SW to pick up something. If she put it into Taek's item, surely she wud pause to wait for TK to get it but as far as i remember TK never carry anything except the comic book DS ask him to get for her, and after the slapstick with the parents he went directly into JH's room & hand the comics to DS. 

I think basically who DS gave the chocolate to was resolved long ago, but when hubby said he didn't receive we thought something might happen to the chocolate IF SW is the husband, but now since we know for sure SW isn't hubby, mystery solved. Obviously hubby didn't get the chocolate  because she certainly didn't give it to hubby! But why she insists gave it to hubby? To avoid unnecessary confrontation, perhaps? A simple trick after years of marriage..insists its him or pretend to have forgotten :D 

• Like 16

I too think the chocolate was for SW...and served as a distraction from the actual triangle....

*** can people please remove photos when they quote :3 ***

thanks!!

Also i dont go on the JH/DS thread but did the troll person edit their post with an apology yet??

• Like 5

I don't believe that DS's first love is any other than SW either. (as much as I'd love it if it was TK:D She said herself it was her first love, when she started liking SW. I think it can not be anyone else. ABT the hubby; She said it's someone who she never even dreamed of marrying, ---meaning TK :w00t: because even if she joked about marrying him, I don't think she ever took  it seriously but I bet Taek did muhahahahha :phew: I just won't change my mind about this ship sailing. Our writer-nim is wwwery smart, and has planned all this all along. I believe. and continue believing so until someone hits my face with a cookie and reply88 ends without TK-DS as endgame.  :cookie:

@hafunohane omg, I actually was going to reply to your "verdict" about taekstyles earlier, but I forgot while I was working :D okie, all the styles look good if you ask me hohoho but I voted for the gel hair because it's reallly smexy and I want to see 1994's Taekie with more confidence, persuading DS, with that hairdo. :w00t: But at the same time I do want our cutie patootie Taekie always stay the same smart,sweet,kind,caring kiddo he's been all this time, with the bowl cut.:wub: Taekie-ah you're so precious. :wub: With that being said, I really don't mind his hairstyle that much (but I hope to see some other look in 1994) because what really matters to me (and I believe, most of us) is his amazing personality. We want to keep that forever. :heart: With @reyna0804's words:  I don't want him to be bickering with DS. Continue to look at her lovingly and tell her she's pretty even if you've been married for awhile, Taek. Continue to be a soft spoken-calm person to DS. I don't want you to change to someone who calls his own wife ugly, senile.

DS deserves someone who will treat her good. 

Taek a note, Taek! ;)

Screen_Shot_2016_01_06_at_11_29_54_PM.pn

btw. I was looking at these pictures (again. Yes, I know.)

Spoiler

20160106145604827jyid.jpg20160106145605020qfiz.jpg20160106145604657fhdr.jpg

...and I think they're all from the same scene(s) because the location is exactly the same in these 3 pictures when you look closely where Bogum&Hyeri are in the first pictures. Now I don't know why JH's coat is on the bench in the third one, if it ever even was his?!?!? But I've made my own conclusion, connecting the dots that it's Taek carrying DS in the last picture. And I hope they really look like this up close:

Spoiler

timg?wapp&quality=80&size=b464_2000&cut_

:w00t::w00t::w00t::wub:

• Like 12

Hello guys. D-1 for watching R88. Let look back TaekSun's moments before time jump 94 :rolleyes: Love them so much. TaekSun is real. And hope you all like it :wub:

cr: trucsii

Edited by trucsii
  • Like 15

@hafunohane I think I found another point to add on your parallels between Bora and Tk,,both of them have something to do with junior-seniors ...like bora is dating sun woo..who is her dongsaeng...and TK should be dating a noona [if that happens]..considering tk is younger than DS I suppose? [Though don't remember the exact months/year difference =/]

---Though a very minor point,lol.

• Like 8

@hermess-san ikr, usually we only have one misery week to wait the next episodes but the delayed episodes plus the time jump literally makes our CSI become a lot busier than ever. Lets pray for the best, and prepare for the worst.

Our CSI team have worked so hard for these 2 episodes lol 

Taek will bring the triumph for us. 

Chin up! And lets party!!!

0U1mqDuPT7Pgu3PmoiwKDHR32Z1D6KhyCi09GedQ

• Like 9

Just wanna ask did Duk Sun change her hair style two times right?

During her crushing with Seon Woo, she has one style.

Then right when she received the call from Taek at the first snowing day, she had a new one?

As I remember in the Reply Series, the female lead just change her hair style when she has a new step in love, like Na Jung.

I said so because the moment JH found he has strange feelings with Duk Sun, his hair style has no change and DS the same.

Should I input more hope on expected ending of our Taeksun?

• Like 11

4 hours ago, hermess-san said:

So it means Taek probably has the same short tempered like Bora? Like after he met Deok Sun and the gang he became soft? Or hiding his personality? Im so sorry I dont really understand the reasons why the writer make this Taek-Bora similarities..

Im not sure about Taek and Bora's similarity but it's been mentioned several times that Taek is scary when he gets mad.

but he's not like that with DS because according to Papa Bear... Taek likes DS. :)

• Like 11

Hey! if anyone watching live, please live recap the next episode---17 on this thread when it airs. I'm so pissed, but I reallly can't watch it live myself, because of life. :mellow:

giphy.gif

Thank you dears ^^~~

• Like 13

46 minutes ago, libra83 said:

Just wanna ask did Duk Sun change her hair style two times right?

During her crushing with Seon Woo, she has one style.

Then right when she received the call from Taek at the first snowing day, she had a new one?

As I remember in the Reply Series, the female lead just change her hair style when she has a new step in love, like Na Jung.

I said so because the moment JH found he has strange feelings with Duk Sun, his hair style has no change and DS the same.

Should I input more hope on expected ending of our Taeksun?

Yes. When she fell for SW she tend to put her bangs aside. This is from EP 6.

d2.jpg

Then she changed her hair-style EXACTLY that night when she got such a twist with BR/SW thingy, and after that she received a call from Master Choi. This is also from EP 6

answer06-00993.jpganswer06-00984.jpg

And again, when JH started to like her the PD-nim didnt change her hair at all. Why?

__ozB-Xk6enOHu_8ZmOyZ_IPa4NGatQ8yPaNGCsZ

• Like 9

Just some trains of thoughts...

With all  parallels and mirrors between Bora and Taek, it's highly probable that, like Bora, Husband (ehm... Taek, he is!) did read DS's diary/journal somehow...

And this brings to mind the "chocolate": Is the one that Husband is talking about the one in the footage after the Future Scene (ep 2)? 

The footage is taken September 1988. This chocolate mystery is simple:  she gives it to Sunwoo, the crush of the moment... else on what occasion would she give "meaningful" chocolate secretly in September 1988? Just random thing to do?  I understand Valentine's Day, but September?

So either Future DS lies and won't tell as does the Husband about not reading her diary/journal.. (more likely)

... or the diary/journal records another person, another "chocolate".... 

After the concert, when DS bumps into that boy from middle school, the conversation seems to allude to a quite colourful middle school life for DS...  yeah, she gloats to fish out JH's reaction to another boy's attention on her, but there might be a little bit of truth to it... 

So, could there be another "chocolate" incident in DS's past?

*you can tell... I'm currently craving chocolate...*

• Like 17