Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

Hi everyone! (long post ahead....)

I've been a TaekSun fan and a silent lurker since pretty much the creation of this thread lol. Everyone's insight and opinion gives me joy and hope in boarding this ship and it's been a pleasant ride so far. And hopefully we'll get to the destination with our hearts (and Taek's) intact LOL. The main thread are just filled with JHxDS shippers that I felt like a minority and they're not very welcoming to other people's perspective imo. So I'm really glad there's a place for us Taektanic boarders to have our own little paradise. I'm a HUGE fan of Taek as a character and boarded this ship since ep 2 where DS patted Tk's butt and tell him to grow up and marry her (that's the cutest thing ever). With every episode and each of his layers revealed, I fall for his character more and more because he's such a sweetheart (the smile melts my heart and his teary eyes gets me EVERY TIME) and I think DS and TK just look so good together. Every interaction they have just looked so natural and it's obvious that they care for each other very much. Not to mention how they both know the side of each other that the rest of squad never see. (DS knowing that TK smokes and TK see DS cry). With all the interaction between our couple and how TK's character is becoming more and more like the husband, it gives me hope that TK is the endgame........................until ep 12. 

This week's episodes just frustrates me so much in term of the development of the the main OTP's loveline that I just have to let it out. Plus it's not helping when my friend refused to watch this drama until it finishes LOL so I have no one to gush about this drama with -___- . After watching this week's episodes, I'm positive now that PDs (or professional trolls?) are planning on dragging out the husband hunt until the end. Firstly, by the way we're left off this week with TK still clueless about JH and DS's feelings and the fact the JH still hesitate about what to do with his feelings, it's very possible that DS will not get together with either guys before the time jump. If PDs plan to have DS date JH in this timeline, they would have done so by now (or at least SOME progress by the end of ep 12). But what did we get? More hints of JH going the noble idiocy route? And the reason for the PDs to decide to drag out this love triangle until 94 is because it'll be obvious of who is the endgame. (pardon me if someone mentioned this already)

If DS starts dating JH in 89, he can't be the husband because husband has to date a lot of girls before they married. So even if they pull a break-up then get together again between 89 and 94 (like how NJ and Trash did), it just doesn't make sense for the adult DS to make that kind of remark in the future. DS and JH's relationship left TK heartbroken and he will start dating other girls, which will fit the bills for the husband. Plus, there won't be a lot of story for the PDs to tell to fill another 8 episodes (and 1 hr and 30 mins long to that) for the main couple if they get together now. So being the trolls that they are, they're planning to leave both JH and TK dating other girls during the time between the timeskip so that we won't be able to tell who's the endgame based on the 'dating lots of girls hint', which I think is the only solid hint we have so far. So whoever dates her in '89 is probably not gonna be the husband. That's why I'm rooting so hard for JH to date DS now so there's a chance for our Taek in the future LOL. 

My concern is how they're going with the story after the timeskip. Are they going to have JH and DS rekindle their feelings that they couldn't do in '89? or are they going to have DS realize her newfound love for TK after 6 years of separation? By seeing how much they've invested their screentime in showing JH's feeling, I'm just worry that they will go with the 1st route and Chilbonged TK until the end. But if they're planning on reuniting the squad in '94, I hope that DS will realize that her feeling for JH back then was a crush and see TK in a different light and realized that what she felt for TK is love. And like someone has mentioned this before, she has to go to TK on her own, not because her friends urge her to or because he's the last choice that she felt someone has feelings for her. But if TK became Chilbong 2.0, I'LL FLY TO SK AND HAVE A SERIOUS TALK WITH SHIN PD IF THIS HAPPENS I SWEAR. Their sadistic behavior towards their second leads need to stop. LOL. 

However, being a realllly big fan of TK and DS, I really hope my prediction won't come true because obviously I want TK and DS together and because another bickering couple is just boring and too predictable. An awesome and memorable drama like this one should leave a lasting impression in every aspect, including breaking the norm from kdrama's couple formula.

• Like 18

I really hope they saw how much people enjoy seeing SW and BR and JB and DS friend scenes to know that most viewers would prefer for the triangle to have been over and dealt with so that all three individuals are not narratively destroyed

which takes me back to DS and Tk scenes, I just dont understand...their scenes go farther than cb and nj ever went, so idk anymore T.T 

• Like 5

I wonder why 2015 DS said something along the line :"I must be crazy to marry him"

If her hubby is JH, why didn't she expect it, didn't she liked him so much in 1988? She clinged on him all the time and seemed she liked him a lot, if it's the true then isn't she more than happy to marry him? Like how happy Najung was in her wedding

• Like 10

Hi guys, hope you don't mind me joining in. I'm not in any ship in particular because I don't mind any pairings. But Taek is my favorite character in the series so is it okay for me to post here as well? The main thread is very Pro-JH so I feel kinda intimidated posting about my feelings and my appreciation for Taek there. Lol. And also I'm scared to share my thoughts about the whole Deoksun and Junghwan dynamic there because most of them are very opinionated and might take offence to my honest opinion about the sorta 'main' pairing. 

I've said this on Dramabeans before but I just would like to say it again here.

I know alot of people are rooting for Junghwan & Deoksun and I have to say that I am one of those who kinda had an inkling that they are the otp because of the obvious blaring signs of a typical otp kdrama formula in the making between the both of them, but at the same time I just can’t root for them right now because I just don’t know and see where their feelings come from. Why does Junghwan like Deoksun? Because of that sexual electricity he felt when they were up against the walls of the alley? Why does Deoksun like Junghwan? Because of her friends’ influence and it just so happens that at that time and age she’s craving for a romantic experience in her life? Atleast we all here basically know why Taek likes Deoksun, because she has always been caring towards him, taking care of him and stuff and he sees that so it’s quite natural for him to end up liking her. But as for Junghwan and Deoksun's feelings, I’m not sure if I understand it quite yet. Maybe there will be a more coherent development soon? I don't know.

Plus

Where is the old carefree one-of-the-boys Deoksun we saw in the beginning of the series? She’s still herself when she’s with the group but when she’s with Junghwan alone, she’s not acting naturally as herself. I miss the days when she acts comfortably around Junghwan. Now it’s just all awkward with her wanting his attention by being all girly and stuff. Thus, which is why I like her scenes with Taek better because she seems so herself when she's with him. She beats him up, scold him, tease him and gets annoyed at him openly. She even lets go of her walls and tough act and cried in front of him in the latest ep. Deoksun is simply Deoksun when she's in front of Taek in comparison to when she's with Junghwan.

At least Bora is still being her Bora-self when she’s with Sunwoo with her constant scolding and toughness even when she’s wearing skirt. And I like that. Because she’s comfortable enough to display her true self in front of the person she likes and she doesn't give a richard simmons about what her partner might think of her. But Deoksun, on the other hand....

And I've said this before on the main thread. But I would love to see more of Taek's POV in the show. Everything about him is so vague. Most of his actions are just glossed over without much importance. While Junghwan's scenes are always so detailed. We got to see a lot of his POV. I would also love to see Taek's POV too. I'm not sure why the production seems to cover up Taek's character in layers while Junghwan's so out in the open. Taek and his feelings and perspective is the biggest mystery to me. I hope the production would explore more on that soon.

• Like 21

18 minutes ago, lovelyrainy said:

I wonder why 2015 DS said something along the line :"I must be crazy to marry him"

If her hubby is JH, why didn't she expect it, didn't she liked him so much in 1988? She clinged on him all the time and seemed she liked him a lot, if it's the true then isn't she more than happy to marry him? Like how happy Najung was in her wedding

Omg this!! I suddenly thought something. What if the reason why she said that is because for the longest time, she treated TK like a dongsaeng. He was a national treasure and someone who needs to be protected thus making her think she went crazy for marrying someone who she used to think of as a younger sibling and someone so great and precious like TK. Hahaha idk, I'm just fantasizing

• Like 7

@syaiira I agree with your comments so much!!!!

For me it went back to that beach eating scene where i saw love ( friendship, romantic its a type of love) between Ds and Tk, it felt comforting and at peace ( again the head rest on shoulder gave me that as well) and idk with jh i think what went wrong for me was the set up, the alley scene was very lust/horny young driven and though it was funny , it didnt speak long-term to me.

on your point on POV, i think getting TK to notice Ds and JH relationship will really help, but then again he is also being like trash right now and jh like Cb where you knew a lot about how he felt 

Idk if the golden fish has actually any meaning ( the one that Ds gave Tk in flashback) but it is tied to perseverance in work/school  and love and I hope the future ep will have both Tk figuring out how to deal with Baduk with a healthier method and for Ds to figure out herself more because her scenes with her brother, Dr are so funny to be left out

• Like 10

Read the recap of episod 12 from dramabeans and suddenly this seems like reply'94 revisited.Trash had to keep himself away from na jung because of his liability as staying true to his family,and here they're pulling the same thing again with jh keeping mum for taek's sake.There's this part where jh tucked taek into his bed,taking care of him as he's like a brother to him apparently.So the whole noble idiocy thing seems like a trick played over and over again,and is this a strong reason to stop seeing the girl you like? I used to like jh as a person but now they've made him a guy sulking after his new founded love all the time,and yeah deok sun is not herself with jh,but with everyone else.Surprisingly she is very much herself with the husband in the future.I hope they just don't make taek's character die as there's this constant reminder of how much tired he is.But as @RmiUmi said above I've been thinking for a while about the basis of this relationship of jh-ds,there's nothing which makes it worthwhile.It's just like any other crush out of the lot.But it's already past ep 12,ad and I wonder if they're gonna deviate from the current track after investing so much time on jh-ds.Deok sun needs to know about taek's feeling,but before that taek needs to know about jh's sacrificing himself for the sake of soul  brother ,unless that happens taek is going to have the biggest blow.Maybe the time jump could start with showing a new taek,and his character growed up.Because let's face it,other than taek,there's nothing special if ds-jh ends up together,it's gonna be any other simple and typical affair. 

• Like 8

Ah... if I were only poetic enough to express my feelings for this episode. It started off so lighthearted and sweetly hilarious with TK catching our secret Ssangmundong lovers. (They were so guilty that they didn't notice his cigarettes, huh? Which I'm glad they brought up again though.) And then we find TK later just lifeless in his competition. That scene tied knots in my stomach. I felt so uncomfortable and anxious watching him. I thought we had gotten past the health-related scares, but we're just not seeing him take his medicine now. Great.

Spoiler

1z3uwow.png

Thisssssssssssss. Oh, this scene. This scene is just so remarkably raw. He literally doesn't need to say a single word. Their relationship is so innately natural that even though DS thinks she doesn't know what to say, she says exactly what he needed to hear. DS is literally his human vitamin, and this literally makes me a pile of mush.

My problem with this episode is that DS is the one who is so incredibly hard to read (all JH scenes aside). TK isn't the same now. He may still be our puppy, but she definitely knows he's grown. It's evidence in the way she's flustered seeing him collapse in a moment of exhaustion.

Spoiler

532v7q.png

And here? I feel like this would be the precise moment when she would tear him a new one for scaring the living @#!$ out of her. I can't promise it's romance, but I can promise that TK is beyond second-lead material. Whether or not the writer is writing a love story or freaking friendship goals, I don't know. No matter what happens, I've been convinced that TK and DS's relationship will prevail it all. OT5's game is strong, but TK and DS are leading it.

Which leads me to this scene:

Spoiler

16jhw75.png

In which I can't not pay tribute to:

3 hours ago, hafunohane said:

she is comfortable enough with TK to cry in front of him. i thought that a given thing because they grow up together and he's probably seen her cry so many times, but then he was told to keep it as a secret from the others as she is embarrassed for the fact that she cried.

I'm really happy to see that although you're a JH/DS shipper, you don't overlook the importance of the TK scenes. I was expecting him to be awkward at comforting, so I don't mind seeing that he really just sat there. He's TK, and he's a puppy. That doesn't change over one event. But it was so adorable to see him watch this girl who he admires so much for her bravery among other things break down and still think she's amazing. DS is TK's hero, honestly. And what scares me is that the more I see her in the presence of him, the more I feel like she was meant to be there (I mean romantically) and that no one can ever fill that spot if it were to be void. I know that they'll always be best friends, but can he possibly love another...? Am I being too dramatic? I hope so because I still need to prepare myself for these analyses with JH scenes in mind.

Where did we get with the love triangle this week? Physically nowhere. I've been keeping tabs on this list, and I've highlighted the things that we've seen:

On 12/9/2015 at 5:37 PM, Meliere said:

For me to believe Taek could be the husband, the following CANNOT happen in the next two episodes:

• Noble idiocy from Jung Hwan
  • A childhood flashback / back story for JH & DS
  • Decreased character development and/or screentime for Taek
  • DS continuing to treat TK like a baby/puppy/little brother, and seeming romantically disengaged. 

^^^  If any of the above occurs, it's basically over. Taektanic will sink for sure.

For me to believe Taek could be the husband, the following should happen in the next two episodes:

• Taek is revealed to know about DS's crush on SW. Come on.. dude isn't oblivious. He WAS THERE during the pizza scene, when DS encouraged SW to confess during the first snow with those wide eager eyes. I mean, isn't that why Taek confessed during the first snow?!
  • an umbrella scene between Taek & DS (not *necessary*, but definitely helpful)
  • an indication that DS isn't indifferent to Taek, and possibly sees him as a man. A scene with some sexual tension would be greatly helpful, LOL.
  • Taek not acting like some oblivious second lead chasing blindly after the girl.
  • some further developments in Taek's character, to show that he's capable of speaking and acting like modern-day husband (who, to be honest, currently acts like JH's carbon copy).
  • Gesture(s) of care from Taek. So far it's been DS who's been protecting him. A reversal would be awesome.
  • Taek discovering JH's feelings. Or Taek discovering DS's (possible) feelings for JH. And instead of acting like psychotic determined second lead, he'll back off and date other girls.

And all I get is that I'm still confused. This is a cry for help.

I'm also not putting high hopes on getting very far with the love triangle before the time jump. If it's true what we're speculating about TK leaving/running away, then at least we don't get another two episodes of every active player present but not giving way to any decisive movements. I'm surprisingly up for seeing the dynamic without TK despite my love for him. I always thought it would be DS who would leave, and we'd have two sad puppies pining for her, but to have a contender leave, I just wonder what we'd see out of DS then. You can tell I'm desperately hoping for some revelations. I hope to see some more scenes to back TK up before he's gone, but I think it might actually be a point in his favor if the plot went that way. Of course, the preview is very confusing, and we don't even know if what we're speculating is true.

P.S. Does anyone just love hearing TK say, "Arasso." I swear, if Husband says it, I'll fly.

• Like 20

@nearsea i think you should read down to the comments section on db. People are starting to ask why DS likes JH. There are wavering feelings already. 

There must be a reason why I'm still trying to get why DS likes JH. She fell for SW when her friends mentioned it and it happened again when they told her about JH liking her. WHY DOES SHE LIKE JH? I want to see more from her. I don't even care about JH and TK's feelings cuz we already know but I really wanna know DS's feelings.

There are two things I'm really looking forward to.

1. Who DS crushed on in her diary.

2. Who DS went with to the "Lee yoona's" concert(this is the only concert I am looking forward to cuz she went to the concert with her hubby). 

• Like 9

Look like this thread is our safe cave, like Teak always stay in his room and avoid crowds because the main thread is having all JH shippers.

But day by day, I believe T is the end game with DS because we can see clearly how they're growing up. JH, SW and DR is still the same after many episodes. 

Besides, I think when JH took care for T at the end of ep.12, he won't move on with DS until Teak gave up on her ( but how can when DS is always a loyal protecter of him?)

• Like 6

Since everyone is talking about this color scheme, imma fit it to my dumb reasoning as to why green is taek (the birthday hat btw has green where it rest on taek head and green is blocking red at 1:16 towards the yellow also the tie is interlock with yellow holding taek face jsyk)  and i dont even know if green is what prophecy to be w/ deoksun:  

the flashback starts w/ four children right but then starting from where deoksun at: yellow followed by blue, orange (looks orange) red and green but green doesnt have anyone seating under it nor will it cause no one can sit under it. at 1:17 deoksun says "came to seoul" and behind her is green/yellow. if you look at 1:17:51 there is green and yellow behind taek appa then you see junghwan w/ a red water gun at 1:18:03 that is taken by Sunwoon follow by deok sun yellow fish and her giving it to taek but behind her is a green wall at 1:18:42. Then at 1:19:09 taek walks out of a green door and on that green door at 1:19:24 is a yellow sticker. finally at 1:19:58 both guys are under the yellow tent but the tent fades to a new scene where green comes at 1:20:11 where taek is behind suwoon wearing a yellow mustard sweater. 

we have taek seating closest to the green but there yellow near the green at 1:20:48. also at 1:20:53 both taek and dukseon are looking at each other while dr and suwoon are looking at the two. however, junghwan is looking straight ahead. 

finally it ends at the picture where taek  definitely looks to be green but junghwan flips around blue/red. also the frame is yellow.

so is like junghwan blue or red? see how color schemes fit everyone lol 

also is the couch green and the curtains gold? does adult dukseon just flings away the red pillow lol 

• Like 7

tumblr_nzafuoOxCs1qgrnp6o1_540.png

The yellow doll is facing down and so is dukseon. so dukseon is yellow. however the red doll is now confirmed to be suwoon and my reasoning is that sunwoon took the red watergun from junghwan which leads me to junghwan being blue (he was laughing and looking ahead) however the green always had eyes for dukseon and in first snow he calls her when he sees the first snow. now she's been lying on a green desk the whole day but when she picks up the phone its taek that calls and she answers in a yellow phone. following this in episode 8 he calls her in a green phone from the hotel :l and she answers in her yellow phone :l

29 minutes ago, mellinadear said:

@nicola_nikka I have given up on the colours. Lol. In RP '94, it was easier but this season is totally different. I get confused all the time. 

i honestly believe: 

dukseon: yellow

taek: green

junghwan: blue 

tumblr_nzagjkVMuH1qgrnp6o1_540.png

his door is blue lmao. and also yellow ( a small portion anyways for dukseon)

• Like 8

GET OUT THAT MAKES SO MUCH SENSE O.O

you know something i found weird, was the scene where Ds is telling SW to confess on the first snow, Jh face is shown ( I think) but Tk face is never shown which makes sense because it leads to the surprise of the phone call but like i feel his face would be soley focused on Ds which is physically shown by his determination to win the game...

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Wendy Wang said:

No, I'm just saying, what was the point of addding taek in when it was so obvious that Junghwan was the husband in ep 6...wunless a flashback shows that taek also knew about the postcards

The only reason I couldn't think of Taek as husband was Future Husband's behavior and like I've said before look how they changed it so naturally 

• Taek wouldn't have called DS 'Are you crayz?' ...Well, he did it in a situation which perfectly fits though 
  • Taek wouldn't have been faul-mouthed  ...See, DS was the one who taught  it
  • DS wouldn't have bitten or hit Taek... lol 
  • Only JH knows SW crisis...Taek also discovered SW's secret early so I think it's not so hard to figure out if he learns DS once loved SW...oh wait Husband Had Read Her Diary
  • Left handed and smoker thing seems vague 
  • Colors? I think PD un/intentionally ruined it this time ^^

• Like 8

the first time we see the dolls if i remember correctly is in taek house 

tumblr_nzaheiQhDi1qgrnp6o1_540.pngits green and yellow and we dont see what the middle doll is though 

my last observation because i am tired and its near 5 am over here

tumblr_nzaifb0dod1qgrnp6o1_540.png

this is what i meant in my earlier post about dukseon and taek. as you can see the whole carriage is yellow but there's also a bit of yellow next to duk seon. however, behind her is a green bucket (?) beside her is Junghwan and finally we have Taek who is the nearest to the green and next to him is a yellow bucket. these two are also looking at each other and before anyone says that the other two are looking at them whelp my theory is that the green and yellow bucket actually represent who they are looking at. the other two are just being two friends who are watching the relationship progress. finally, junghwan (blue) is doing what he is doing now: looking ahead/ignoring. 

just in case no one believes me about the green bucket or w/e

tumblr_nzairiW8eT1qgrnp6o1_1280.png

the yellow thing near taek

• Like 14

1 hour ago, nicola_nikka said:

The yellow doll is facing down and so is dukseon. so dukseon is yellow. however the red doll is now confirmed to be suwoon and my reasoning is that sunwoon took the red watergun from junghwan which leads me to junghwan being blue (he was laughing and looking ahead) however the green always had eyes for dukseon and in first snow he calls her when he sees the first snow. now she's been lying on a green desk the whole day but when she picks up the phone its taek that calls and she answers in a yellow phone. following this in episode 8 he calls her in a green phone from the hotel :l and she answers in her yellow phone :l

i honestly believe: 

dukseon: yellow

taek: green

junghwan: blue 

is door is blue lmao. and also yellow ( a small portion anyways for dukseon)

Me too, because they never showed us clearly when JH and Taek fell for DS so we can't say but I always think Taek is green because of his door color.

Beside, from the beginning, we didn't think of Taek as a husband candidate so everyone only thought of JH and SW. Now that we know, what if Taek had liked DS from the beginning and the green doll always looked at the yellow one is him?

Beside in that scene DS cried, didn't JH was laughing because he was happy SW didn't like her? I can't see if the blue doll is smiling or not

And last one, the dolls only appeared in Taek's and DS's house, why only these two?

• Like 1