Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

36 minutes ago, mangachickava said:

LOL joey wang's face in the last one was so on point ...she seemed very suspicious of DS...I think i made the same face watching the scene hehe

IKR.. Joey Wang's giving her that "I'm judging you looks" when DS emphasized on her "never"

As if they can corrupt TK more than she already did...

Frankly, I didn't watch a lot of k-drama.. after R1994, I stopped watching altogether and just came back for "Warm and Cozy" and that's where I got to read P3's insightful posts and trust me, watching the drama while reading her post is more bearable. I swear that I won't watch any Reply series ever again but now.. look where I am.. ready to get crash and burn again *sigh*.

• Like 9

\

20 minutes ago, mellinadear said:

Got this from the MT. This should help. 

Hide contents

4. The actor Park Bo Gum cries so much, even in scenes where he is not supposed to cry. So when he didn't cry during rehearsal, everyone looks surprised asking him, "Wow, you didn't cry today." And then Park Bo Gum replies, "I tried so hard to hold it in." Awww~~

Cr: Blue_angel_1004

That is soooooo adorable. Often it's the acting that you think makes a character shine, but I knew Taekie was made up of a lot more of Bogummie than just his acting chops. This boy's heart, heart, heart from head to toe. Oh dear me! My heart's melting and spilling all over the place. I love men who dare to cry when life/people/the world move them. If I had the skills, I'd make a MV with you all over it, but for now, this song's for you, Bogummie!

• Like 9

@sartikam I've read your previous posts and just wondering, you really think that JH is gonna be the husband? because I don't. :w00t: Yes, there's physical attraction between these two, but I don't see any depth. It's true that DS liked JH, but she has also liked SW before... So that means that in the last 4 episodes she could come to like taek too and even dong ryong lol :w00t: No, but really there's a big chance, I think. We know that the reason DS has liked the guys is because she thought/knew they like her. She doesn't know about Taek's feelings yet, but I think it would be better her to figure her own feelings towards him before that. Like in in ep 14 when she was talking with Dong Ryong and he said to her "what do you feel? Instead of others liking you, who do you like? Deok sun, you can like someone instead of someone liking you, right?" --- she might have not really given it that a serious thought before, and then taek came with the pizzas and you see how her eyes lit up and that smile? Deok sun just has no idea of her feelings towards taek, like I've said before. Because she's never thought it that way, and she surely hasn't given thought to the idea taek liking her. ever. not seriously. but he means so much to her. Their relationship is really beautiful, the way they care fo each other, they're like best friends and soulmates, now what's better than that? nothing. They have no physical attraction? I'd like to disagree and point out how important the eyes are. The way those two look at each other, out of this world! And In episode 12 when Taek touched DS' hand, you remember how fluttered she was? And then he leaned against her shoulder, taeking her by surprise but she didn't push him away, instead she said that it must've been hard for him with her stuttering voice. She was quite surprised, it was all new to her and she didn't know what to do even though/because it was taek, her childhood friend. Then in ep 16, when she was waiting, waiting, waiting and waiting for taek to call her, staying by the phone. She looked sad because he hadn't called. The look on her face tells it all, again. This girl just has no idea how taeken she actually is, lol. 

ok, popularity should  have nothing to do with the original script in dramas, but that does happen. I agree. main/second lead's change because of popularity. Well It's fine to me that JH turns out to be the husband in the end---if and only if they really give depth to his character and relationship with DS. Otherwise I won't buy it, ever. But with only 4 episodes left, and all these Taek/DS moments and character/relationship build up between them, I surely highly doubt that the husband would be JH.

We saw the first Taek&DS moment in the 2nd episode, but I don't see that having any significance when it comes to the husband. This is not reply 1994 and TAEK/DS are not CB/NJ. In some dramas the leads are not introduced in the first episodes. It's fine though.Heck, In Empress Ki, we saw TH for the first time in episode 3 and he still got the girl in the end. Just sayin' .

Hwaiting  teammmmm taeksun :wub: 

• Like 22

@mangachickava. Thanks for correction Chingu I didn't forget  she reminded him but isn't that so much like Deok Sun when she is around Taek? She's not demanding as if she is okay with everything as long as it's Teak lol That's quite difference  from others I'm glad at least we can appreciate that part of her character ^^ I also like how she keep nagging but in the end she just can't leave him alone. They are so precious together how can I not ship them... give me napkins 

@st4rdust. Same for me I fully understand others viewpoint because it's not a new thing. Bickering=>Chemistry=>Angst=>OTP.    That's why I can't say something against it I can't even add anything new about Junghwan and Deok Sun because they misunderstood  my intention ^^ There was a secret message in my reply, you  know that? Bigger anticipation inflicts more pain while low expectation spare you from bitterness ^^ SunTaek is just like that, our yellow submarine ^^

@bunnyqueens17  It's me ^^ But I post it right after birthday notice so it wasn't August then? Anyways  I've said  I wasn't  serious about that but it's possible because  I'm fan of  mangaka ’Nakamura Yoshiki' I think she is more detailed than reply writer and she purposely pick main leads birthday  ^^ 

• Like 12

@sarsu i agree with you, because in Dream High KSH was introduced at the 2nd Episode, he was literally not part of episode 1 and at the end he got the girl and was K because his character is the most developed character in that series;) At least for Taek he was introduced at Ep 1 - the idiot Baduk genius! hahahaha

and how great is it that PBG is such a nice fellow, he is such a kind soul and suuuuper polite based from the BTS! how can they not make him the leadddd?????

Team Taek all the way!:heart:

• Like 17

@st4rdust really? I didnt catch those scene, i thought ds have crush with someone else. Because if she have someone in her mind (before she have crush with sw), isnt better or good sign? I really love ds and taeki scene, i just dont want to get hurt. My heart said taeki, but sometimes JH steal attention from ds.

@sarsu well said, it better DR to be husband, i feel him like confucius person, even jh asked him how to make his dad talk again, or his mom problem. hahaha.. then we wont confuse or feel anxious about uri taeki in the end. 

• Like 4

@Charmee Gregory well, if we were talking about ksh in Dream high. First time i fall in love with taec yeon ( because he was famous boyband back then), but when suzy end up with ksh. I was dissapointed. But nowdays KSh become popular, #imkshdiehardfans. I rewatch dream high again, and saw him as lead, im proud of him. #sorry #offtopic 

• Like 6

Hello all, it's my first time posting here, after lurking for some time already. xD

So actually 1988 is my first Answer Me series that i watched, cause my friend asked me to watch it. After finishing all the 16 episodes, i can say that i guess i'm on the Taektanic too right now, and proud of that. At first i just want to enjoy the series like usual, without caring too much about the husband hunt or any shipping, i mean, the whole show is already beautiful with lots of tearjerking scenes, that i'm not that hungry for the romance part. But after Taek comes in and shows that he's a qualified rival to Junghwan, it got my interest in the husband hunt part. 

I read the main thread too, and based on what i read, it seems that a lot JH-DS shipper is pretty sure that JH is the endgame, and if thing's goes different, it feels like a lot of them will go on rage and question the writer etc etc. On the other hand, most of TK-DS shipper seems like they can understand if JH becomes the endgame, and preparing for that, but doesn't stop hoping for their ship to sail. Which makes me part of the latter group. :P

There's already a lot of awesome analysis here and there, and i'll enjoy myself reading all of that again. I think what keeps me hoping for TK as the endgame is the eventual development of TK-DS relationship, even when DS doesn't know that TK likes her (unlike her situation with SW and JH). Also the thing with the future scene, about being lefthanded (TK always shown to use his left hand during eating or drinking coffe, much like the future husband), and the fact that future DS question who does the husband take to 1988's college music fest (when it's clear that DS watched it with JH together in the house, so she must be questioning about someone that not there).

Ah well, nice to meet you all, please be nice to me. :)

• Like 22

As I listen to Nami's Sad Fate as recommended by @shooastrid

I wonder about the time jump and if this is a song for DS? 

Who is the figure leaving? Will it be Taek? I am glad for the time jump, because all our characters need time to grow up more. Taek is a bit too dependant on DS now... He is 18, living with his dad who takes care of all his needs...
I want to see him come into his own, be capable of living by himself, learning how to balance his life and Baduk. To rem to eat when he is supposed to, sleep when he is supposed to... To be able to CURSE when he wants, and not just be a pushover to everybody... He is too sweet to be a Baduk diva, but I hope he will at least have a capable assistant who will buy him the food he needs so he can eat properly and compete better =.= His current manager SUCKS. They just put it down as ''Master Choi doesn't eat before matches'' and leave it at that... what is he even being paid for.... ?? 

When that time comes, and they reunite, what will the dynamic then be? How do you approach someone who no longer needs you to teach him to swear, how to open a yogurt cup... to do the simple things that you have been doing for him all his life? ( because no matter how cute it is that an 18yr old can't open a yogurt cup becos of my bias, I CANNOT accept a 24 yr old to not know how to do that... I just can't...XD ) 

Can they fall back in love again? ( OF COS THEY CAN, this is OUR SHIP hahahaha) but.... its interesting to mull over right? I can't wait to see what the writer has in store for us....

As I watch that figure going farther and farther away from behind  
Still, I won’t say this moment is goodbye

It was sweet, wasn’t it?
The two hearts drenched inside those numerous memories
How shall we forget?

Ah you will come again
You can’t stand loneliness
Ah to my side
you will come back again

But when that time comes
When I meet you again
Can we fall in love again?
During those days flying by
Again, just how much
tears am I gonna shed?

• Like 17

Hi guys, this is the first fmv made by me for TKxDS. I'm sorry if the fmv's not good bcs this is my first try. Promise that i'll improve hehe

And the background music is from girls day - come slowly. The lyrics's kinda suit for uri TK and DS.

Enjoy!

Can’t you? Can’t you come back to me? Can’t you love me again
We were good, we were happy
Can’t we go back to those times?

Make all the moments of love as memories
Bury all the broken memories into yesterday
And I will confess to you like it’s my first time

Come slowly, like before
Come slowly, just come back to me
It’s ok if you’re late, it’s ok if you love me a little
Slowly, slowly, come back to me
Why? Why? Don’t know why
I don’t know why I’m tearing, I’m really okay, just come slowly back to me

Hurry and tell me that you’re regretting
Hurry and tell me you miss me
I’m just holding onto your faded photo
I can’t escape from the place you left me

ADVERTISEMENT

Come slowly, like before
Why? Why? Don’t know why

Are you really ok when I’m hurting like this?
I erased your number and tried all sorts of things but in the end, only you remain
You don’t need to rush, just walk to me, 1 2 step
Still waiting waiting, come back to me

Come slowly, like before
Why? Why? Don’t know why

credit to popgasa

Reply 1988 TK X DS - Come Slowly

• Like 15

15 hours ago, bunnyqueens17 said:

well, after my last post few days ago, I'm back into my lurker mode (especially when I'm online with my phone all the time), just coming to read another briliant analysis and observant things you guys wrote here and in the main page, nodding along and hit the like button whenever I agreed and love the content....

Just now, I finally able to online with my pc (and not being lazy), so I decide to say this. I actually read this "zodiac theory" few pages before (sorry I forgot who say it), about Leo and Libra zodiac sign  (is it?! please correct me if I'm wrong, since my memory is sometimes vague) and it just few days ago I realized it.

You (sorry I wish I can mention the name, I forgot who and tbh I'm so lazy to backtracking lol) said about this Leo and Libra dynamic etc.

So what am I trying to say is, according to your analysis DS is Leo and Taek is Libra (he's born in okt, rite?!) riight?!

But again... Isn't DS birthday is September 17, 1971 (same with SW),,, So her zodiac sign should be VIRGO, not LEO.... Well, my date of birthday is same with DS (yeay girl, fate huh, guess we have the same taste, we also LOVE the genius puppy,huh?! big lol) and SW, I also born in September 17 (not on the same year btw lol), so I'm pretty sure my zodiac sign and DS (and SW) are virgo not Leo. 

Well, except if DS and SW bday is on Aug 17, then yes they are LEO. (or is it really Aug 17, and I've been wrong all this time,thinking their bday is on Sept 17, no?!)

Once again, pls correct me if I'm wrong with their bday or maybe I was read the zodiac sign wrongly (its actually virgo and libra, not leo and libra). 

And the castingbees.tumblr.com owner (I wish I can remember your username, sorry) are you planning to release eps 3-10 subs too? since I'm planning rewatch the drama from ep 1 with your subs (if its available) and you are not planning to sub ep0? or maybe you know whre I can found ep0 with sub? 

And (another and,lol) I just heard ost part 9, while reading this awesome fanart and wow..... :bawling:  I dont know how my weak heart going to handle the possibility of broken heart if Taek isnt gonna be the end game. Eventho I'm fine if the writer decide that JH is the one (since I also still believe -not as much as earlier eps- that JH is the husband), I think I just can't handle another heartbreak crying Taekie scene.

PS. Any kind soul can explain to me how the new word "TAEKEN" is use? I mean is it like we use CHILBONGED? or? lol

PSS. I'm in the middle of making SunTaek's FMV (I hope I can finish it) but I'm still lack of sad scenes lol. Maybe in eps 17-18 I can get what I need (God, I need DS sad/crying scene, not TAEK), and when its done I'm going to share it here (If you guys want, if not, well I'm just going to publish it in my channel then lol)

Hi friend, actually, i didnt intend to create an account on this site but after reading your post and fan art eternal sunshine, i cant be silent anymore but say my words, i'm afraid that i cannot stand alone if uri taekie has a broken heart at the end. :bawling:

• Like 8

1 hour ago, raphelancia said:

and the fact that future DS question who does the husband take to 1988's college music fest (when it's clear that DS watched it with JH together in the house, so she must be questioning about someone that not there).

Ah well, nice to meet you all, please be nice to me. :)

Right.. bcs the future husband went to the gymnasium to watch the singing contest on 1989. Thats when DS questioning with whom he went to. Its clear that only TK werent around the singing contest 1988 thats why he dont have memory watching it.

Same goes when future DS asking the future husband how he does knew about the postcards. It clearly in the scenes when all of them in TK room except TK where DS said she send a lot of postcards. And she even went to JH house to meet JB to help her with postcards. Future DS suppose the husband never knew about that and she knew JH should know about the postcards. Well alibi is important I guess..  im sure if TK the husband someone will told about who DS is having crush with and thats how he found out.

Edited by hermess-san
  • Like 11

9 minutes ago, hermess-san said:

Right.. bcs the future husband went to the gymnasium to watch the singing contest on 1989. Thats when DS questioning with whom he went to. Its clear that only TK werent around the singing contest 1988 thats why he dont have memory watching it.

Yeah, my take on that issue is:

- At the beginning of the talk, future husband is talking about the 1989's College Music Fest.

- Future Deoksun is thinking about the 1988 one instead, which then she ask "Who did you go with?" to her husband, implying she knows her husband is not around her on 1988 when they're watching together. I guess she suspect that while she and the rest of the gang watched it at home, the husband (cough, Taek, maybe) watching it live with someone else in the gymnasium.

- The husband keep on only recalling about the 1989 one, in which he said that they all go to the gymnasium together to watch it (we've yet to see this scene in the drama). He fails to recall what happened on the 1988 one (well, because he's not there watching, and not even go to the event like future Deoksun implies).

Cmiiw. :P

P.S: Well all small clues here and there makes me hope for Taek being the end game, but i'm okay if i'm wrong. :3

• Like 11

@st4rdust now that you mentioned the YOGURT scene, I want to say this. Lol.

I was watching the episode where DS' dad wanted her to go learn baduk from TK. And we were shown TK battling with the lid for the yogurt and DS battling with the Rubik cube. 

TK, if peradventure he can't use his hands to open the lid, he can use objects to puncture it and that would make things easier right? But he instead decided to use his teeth, which is even 100xs more easier. And he still could not open it lol. I played this scene over and over and over and then I burst out laughing. Why,u ask? 

Recently TK-DS shippers have begun to SEE scenes MORE than we did before. Our eyes have begun to open and thereby making us question TK's capabilities. 

A normal 18yr old can tear off that lid with a finger, heck even a 3yr old can do that but uri Taekie can't. *scoffs* Do the writers really EXPECT me to believe that? Of course not.. Lmao. Before, I went all, "awww..he's adorable", but now, I still find him cute and adorable but at the same time I go ," Taekie, you wise- @$$ ". He surely knows how to open that lid for the yogurt but he wanted DS to do it for him and our girl ended up gulping the yogurt down instead of giving it to the owner which again I question, Was the yogurt really for him? If he wanted it back, he would have ASKED for it or DS woulda given it back but noooo...we saw nothing like that. Hahaha.. OR maybe he really doesn't know how to open the lid. *shrugs* 

Maybe I'm reading wayyyyyyyy too much/ allowing myself to go delulu but its OK. Its more fun. It's even more FUN that we all in this thread have started to read more/analyse TK's actions but at the same time, we do not forget to be mature about it and enjoy the show. Seriously, everyone needs to watch that yogurt scene again LOL. *sigh* TK is driving me coo-coo.

• Like 23