Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

I so agree with you @salz especially this part..

Spoiler

even Taek hiding his feeling for DS but he still acting and function normally around her and still be her friend when she need him..maybe since he have realize that feeling for long time ago so it easier for him to deal without making thing weird for DS and he have that maturity level that can think properly before making any move.

but JH, like someone else here said the moment he decide to step back and hide his feeling he also stop being her friend which is sad

This is definitely true. He has feelings for her. Even though TK is a lil needy and all, he has time when he acts all mature and stuffs. Not chasing the girl/stalking her. He knows when there is a time for friendship and time to go all lovey dove by acting like he doesn't know something well. This time around, I wouldn't be surprised if Taekie knows how to make ramyun..pfft. With all these though, The friendship between the 5 friends is wonderful. They have this funny bond when they are together. Taek's friends are able to recognise him with his flaws and still love him all the same( and vice-versa). That is what makes R'88 special that the last 2.

• Like 17

@mangachickava Lol Lol.

Anyway after reading the latest posts,I am scaredly and with an apprehensive mind trying to think what could happen if jh-ds happen or does not happen? Like what could be the course of incidents for reaching the end.I wish you guys could also give your thoughts/musings on that.What I feel like that there are still two big misunderstanding between them like the pink shirt as someone of you mentioned above,wittily,and also the very vital information that jh pulled the noble idiocy trope.DS needs to know that as well to give this arc a possible closure.So either it could be that if we see the end result in favor for taek,DS gets to know from JH that he kept quiet for the sake of Tk,and now he does not want to hold back anymore,and does not want to run away from his feelings.But then again DS would know how Tk felt towards her,and his sudden evasion of her.So as by rule of universe,her days start or end with taek,she would know or sum up importance of Tk in her life.And though the one and only romance factor which was missing in her life is now here,within her hands,she is not happy/content/satisfied.Why? Because her manitto is missing.Lol I'm getting delusional heh.

But if this is not the case,and the story is serving JH,then first yeah the confusion gets cleared up,all the missing dots are connected.And DS finally knows why JH avoided her all this time.And after playing hot and cold for a while,they have the one infamous kiss surpassing the one of jb and mo..lol..I am even writing this dryly,because of my bias.But jokes apart,apart from the confusion,what else is there which is keeping these two away? They don't have that childhood connection pull like na jung-trash,or yj-sw..who basically lived in the same home.Another thing to notice,YJ dint have parents right,so he was basically an orphan.Again here Taek hails from a single parent family.And apart from the brooding aspect,YJ is more like tk rather than jh.Also,we have seen here compilation of moments tk-ds had,do we see so many activities happening for  jh-ds? Most of their fun time includes rest of the  friends.And all they had so far is the  bus moments,the bed moments and the evening at mcdonald.So I'm getting a bit fidgety[in a good way]with that 'unfinished script' news all of a sudden.Maybe while writing the story,the writer had JH in mind as the sole contender,but as she proceeded,she had a change of hearts..and the eighties factor pulled in.So,somehow it seems to me that the first several episodes and then the last few episodes are so different considering the romance,that we can actually see how the writer deviated from her own taken path for the last two seasons.Can we hope for something better with not the classic tale revisited this time? Only time will tell.Maybe the warm up session is over for good,and we are ready for the denouement.

• Like 11

I remember after taeki call deok sun when the first snow fall. Why taeki call her? Was he loves ds for a long time ago,the writer just doesnt show us yet how taeki fall for her in early ep or because taeki said to Dr he just want to watch movie? This is happen after ds said "sw must confess his feeling for someone he likes?"

• Like 6

Guest aoikarin
3 hours ago, meguna said:

I have this thought after seeing the pictures. What if DS wasn't really frowning when she saw TK? What if she was surprised that he looked good in the outfit she prepared. Like a reverse tranformation reaction since usually its the guy that does that stunned expression when they see the girl suddenly all dressed up, but hahahahahaha this is just me being delusional and I'm just as confuse as you though I think the part where she's fiddling around with her strap is because TK is so different from how she usually sees him and it suddenly seems like he's someone who she can't approach casually OR she wanted to cheer for him but doesn't really know what to say? Idk hehehe

Hooo.. I love your reason that in fact she was surprised how Taek looks good in the outfit she prepared.. kind of pretty boy transformation eh? Bogum indeed Flower boy, with ability and capability. *Heeeee*

I hope future episode of DS's heart revelation (*chanting it's Taekkie it's Taekkie*) they'll have flashback scenes throwback that will bring out my tears down like waterfall.

Spoiler

If, it turns out JH.. well, i still need very confirming flashback scenes throwback that touch my heart.. (i'm easily touched with reply 88 scenario.. I cried for almost episode, the writer is so gooood!) Otherwise, I will always think DS-JH love purely base sexual tension only, it's just right for their age, Young and full of lust (just like Blue Lagoon story, and personally, i think it's disaster and very shallow one) I'm sorry JH-DS shippers if I insult you. I'm married one and believe me, love based on sexual tension won't last long.. once you married long enuff, sexual tension is not the most important one anymore (still it's important *clear throats heeee*). You'll know once you married long enough and have kids growing around you. It won't last long.. what you need is Soul mate to accompany you  instead of sex appeal mate for long term *wink wink* Unless, future scenes, JH's love is not about sexual anymore, but a greatest one, someone who is dare sacrifies for DS, tune on with DS's needs and wants. Then, I'll buy it, he'll be perfect husband for DS.

On the other hand, I also feel pity for DS if future husband is Taek with his young traits , Young Taek is obsessive workaholic. I'm afraid he's too busy and too absorbed into his Baduk world.. Unless, Taek change, put more attention on DS and her needs.. I think he makes perfect husband for DS. *crossfingers*

5 hours ago, sartikam said:

I remember after taeki call deok sun when the first snow fall. Why taeki call her? Was he loves ds for a long time ago,the writer just doesnt show us yet how taeki fall for her in early ep or because taeki said to Dr he just want to watch movie? This is happen after ds said "sw must confess his feeling for someone he likes?"

Yes. Deoksun told SW to confess on the day of first snow because she thought SW liked her. when actually that wasn't the case. Taek was there too, but he was just silently listening while deoksun was talking about how romantic "a love confession on the first day it snows" would be. She wanted that to happen to her.  Well deoksun didn't get her confession from SW, but Taek took a note from her words and that's why he called her on the first day that snowed. That just shows us that he was thinking about her at that moment. He always listens deoksun, even though we might not even notice because taek's always there, but he's always been "the quiet kid" who might not say a word. But also he seems to have the biggest place in everyone's heart, OT5 and others' too. Everyone is always talking about him, even when he's absent. this seems to be the writer's intention from the beginning?

Then to another FACT: the eyes can't lie. Taek's eyes tell everything when he's looking at deoksun AND vice versa. They share a mutual affection. have you taeken (lmao) a notice how deoksun's eyes light up everytime she sees taek? With such a joy? He makes her happy, and there's just something different about the way she looks at him, comparing to the other guys. But the poor girl doesn't even know that herself---yet. But like I've said before, it'll come to her, all.

I'm sorry I know many of you worry what's gonna happen to our OTP in the end, but I must tell you that I believe in this ship so much and I'm not gonna lie; It seems that the writer does too. ;)

• Like 20

9 hours ago, mangachickava said:

*I type this instead of getting dressed for new year stuff but oh well*

sooo I remember on the main forum there were theories way back that DR will be a MC AND they said he could be like Yoo Jae Suk, who also had a civil servant parent and liked to dance, wears glasses ( sorry cant remember who to credit) now in the one the episodes a clip of Yoo Jae Suk was shown when DS mom dad and Nl were watching tv...and in ep 16 DR said he wanted to be more famous than TK...now according to wiki YJS made his debut on KBS Comedian Festival for college students in 1991...that it totally something that DR could do...and he would become more famous than TK hehe 

plot twist: DR is actually the husband and that is why they are being interviewed aka lee Hwi Jae on the return of superman

I wonder what kind of profession they all have by 2015....

For now I'm quite sure BR is gonna be an attorney, SW tentatively will become a doctor as his mom always wanted.

Now for JH, I remember in his family profile his father own an electrical company & in recent episode it was revealed his dad's company is Goldstar, I mean the Goldstar electrical home appliances company?  If so then I'm not surprise if JH will become its ceo while JB becomes it main product inventor or researcher. I also believe JH will be the richest among the group. 

Yoon DR will be in the entertainment business.  Its possible his character was inspired by real life korea no.1 mc YJS's character. 

Taek who started his career much earlier than the rest as the professional Baduk player even if he has retire by 2015 but I guess he wud own many of the prosperous property by then, thus making him a wealthy man. And no surprise with his talent he venture into property management. 

As for DS, her teacher keep on emphasizing she's kind & smart but not good in study so shudnt she be in customer/human oriented services, such a nurse or flight attendant? We knows she has a recognised  beauty since she was selected as the picket girl among thousands of applicants so I guess being a flight stewardess isnt a problem for her. Or even a secretary. 

• Like 16

2 hours ago, uzzie-zera said:

now that I am re-watching R88 and on EP 6.. Jungpal saw and read DS's postcard since it was returned to sender.. but how come the DJ of Starry night was able to read her postcard?!? did she parhaps send multiple post cards??

I think the post card that got sent back to their place is the earlier ones she made and the one being read at the station is the letter she made with the help of JB oppa hehe not sure tho, just a speculation :)

• Like 4

Spoiler
15 hours ago, mangachickava said:

a) JH is a director and DS is most probably an actress, and he is filming himself and her.

sorry to cut your post.

but i think the person behind the camera is the girl who used to interview Taek's father back in 1988. :phew:

• Like 14

1 hour ago, lxands said:

Now for JH, I remember in his family profile his father own an electrical company & in recent episode it was revealed his dad's company is Goldstar, I mean the Goldstar electrical home appliances company?  If so then I'm not surprise if JH will become its ceo while JB becomes it main product inventor or researcher. I also believe JH will be the richest among the group. 

I think JH dad just runs ONE Goldstar electrical appliances shop, kind of like a franchise shop owner type. Not the entire company. If he was running the Goldstar company I don't think they would be staying in Ssangmundong anymore.

• Like 6

hello my fellow taeksun shippers! I've been staying up the past few days to read all of your interesting analysis of the characters and the relationships between them. It hasn't been good on my eyes but I've been getting such good reads! So, after gathering some new knowledge and perspectives from my fellow shippers I just want to give my 2 cents and see how you guys feel about it. (i'm not too sure if what i say has been mentioned before so please bear with me <3) 

Regarding the colour theory, it seems to be a bit of a stretch to refer to this theory as evidence as to who the husband is. Yes, there are assigned colours here and there, but if you look past the characters, the set almost always has a blue, red, yellow, green colour scheme to it. I believe this colour scheme is more of a tribute towards the olympics that happened in that era. (I would provide pictures but its 5:48 am and im not too sure how to find and post the picture on here haha) However, if the colour scheme really did provide clues for us to decipher, I would say that Taek is green, Junghwan is red, and Deoksun (obviously), is yellow. In the first episode, the moms are seen wearing red, blue, and yellow. Junghwan's mom is red, SunWoo's mom is blue, and Deoksun's mom is yellow. In the later episodes, (2-3), where Taek's dad is cooking rice, there are vERY green cabinets behind him. TK's house also has a green fence and a green phone. JH's house has a red phone and Deoksun has a yellow phone. However, I have seen that literally almost everything else is red, blue, green, and yellow, so I don't quite believe the colour theory. ( The doll theory also incorporates the colour theory but im not too informed on the dolls so I won't say much.) 

Junghwan is a cool guy really. I was rooting for him too! Until Taek came along and broke my achey breaky heart...but Taek did it quite skillfully. At first, I brushed Taek off with a shrug, predicting that if he was a contender, he would be typical second lead. Yet, there was so much plot development and character development for him I fell for taek before I even knew it. I was Taeken. LMAO! Sadly, I do think that Junghwan is the husband because TSUNDERES ALWAYS WIN!!! like whadafaq!!! Also in the promo photos and all that, JH is usually seen beside DS, and TK on the far sides...;;;~~;;; If you look back at the 1997 and 1994 ones the main guy was always beside the main girl too. Unless the writer wanted to throw us off...which probs isnt the case...#sadlyfe. I dont usually root this hard for a second lead (bc i always know what gonna happen duh) but i AM WILLING TO SELL MY SOUL for taek to be with deok sun!!!!! their chemistry feels so much more natural than JH/DS! Sure there were plenty of scenes with JH/DS but it didnt seem...like they were meant to be together. so unless the writer gives JH/DS more of dat good good screen love then i'll be like aight fine fair enough. But it all boils down to who DS likes :)))

Honestly DS crushing on junghwan feels fake too because her friends did point it out to her and shes just a hopeless romantic who wants a fairytale ending. I do believe that her crush on sunwoo was somewhat real though because in episode 2 she wrote in her diary and Bora stated that DS had someone she liked before her friend told her about sunwoo. Unless it was someone else's name in that book. idk im losing my memory. (6:15 am) So, if the story continues to unfold in the same style it has been im hoping that DS realizes her feelings for TK. (because the story has been revealing so much of his character, pretty much more than JH, it would be such a WASTE to let his find another girl.)  And for once the main won't be in love with a tsundere. thanks for reading yall love u <3 pce. 

• Like 14

I know JH fans give Taek a lot of flak for acting "needy" but I feel this is quite understanding since he doesn't have any siblings and is without a mother. Also, his friends and family are the only people in the world that treats him like Taek and not the genius baduk player. So I can see why he craves for that attention and the need to be normal and cared for. I don't care if future husband acts more like JH bc I don't see the emotional connection between DS and him. It definitely isn't one built on a deeper level. I mean he started liking her bc she was pressed against his body in an alley lol I truly believe that Taek liked DS for her sweet character way before JH. 

The Reply series have always had the female lead falling for the male character whom she is "best friends" with and feels comfortable around and this isn't JH even though they are childhood friends they weren't super close until she discovered he liked her. I want to see DS with an original thought rather than listening to her friends on who she should like. I want to see growth from her!! 

• Like 18

1 hour ago, uzzie-zera said:

now that I am re-watching R88 and on EP 6.. Jungpal saw and read DS's postcard since it was returned to sender.. but how come the DJ of Starry night was able to read her postcard?!? did she parhaps send multiple post cards??

i think  she re-send the card... coz if i remember correctly she write the address wrongly... so even if she send multiple card they all will be returned...   

• Like 9