Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

Guest gerimisore

@Meliere Ah, I'm sure you're not that bad :D I, too, stopped drawing since high school (truly, I regretted it so much) and started making simple sketches in my final year in college. Only after I graduated I started to practice drawing more extensively because, simply, post-graduation is that moment in my life where I don't know what I'm supposed to do, what I want to be, where am I, what day it is or who I am. LOL. Everything is just so confusing (the thoughts of entering adulthood is just plain scary for some reason. It's like a phase of constant asking, 'what should i do next?'). Art kinda saves me from losing my mind. LOL.

Please, do share your fan art <3 Or anyone who did draw something of our TK-DS. I want to see your amazing fanarts too! \^^/

--

Just came back from the main thread and the atmosphere there is... hmmm. *timidly retreat myself from the war zone*

5 minutes ago, mangachickava said:

but the LYRICS

Even if you show me a smile
You can’t hide that expression of emptiness
You turn away strenghlessly
And I just watch you with blurry eyes

I know our love
I know that it’s the end
Even if we want each other, it can’t be forever-
in front of the passing time

When time passes, even if you forget
that heart-bursting yearnfulness
We had a love that was so precious
Please don’t forget and always remember

this could be for either taek or junghwan but taek story w/ dukseon as her knowing hasnt even occured tho?

• Like 14

i thought it was this song?

최호섭 - 세월이 가면

As Time Goes By

Even if you try and make a smile for me,

The emptiness behind it shows through

As you turn back with slumped shoulders

I helplessly stare on with eyes blurred

And I know only too well that this is it

This is the last moment of our love

It won't last forever just because we wish it

In the face of the unforgiving time

As time goes by we may forget one day

This stubborn yearning breaking our hearts

Yet I ask of you to remember in your heart

The precious love that was ours once
  • Like 9

3 minutes ago, mangachickava said:

but the LYRICS

is it screaming *time-jump*? :D  "Please don’t forget and always remember" how could you forget someone who gave you SO MUCH to remember? *cue: hello monster ost* #TaekDontGiveUp #TheDramaIsStarting

• Like 6

Just now, lady65432 said:

is it screaming *time-jump*? :D  "Please don’t forget and always remember" how could you forget someone who gave you SO MUCH to remember? *cue: hello monster ost* #TaekDontGiveUp #TheDramaIsStarting

it actually does scream their love for their youth -->It won't last forever just because we wish it

• Like 11

8 minutes ago, mangachickava said:

it actually does scream their love for their youth -->It won't last forever just because we wish it

Does it actually imply DS and TK's feelings are mutual at this time, aka 1989? :)) hahaha that's just my imagination. That's the beach scene and the BGM of that scene is about memories too

oh btw, DS-TK photos have been on the covered for 2 ost :)) My guess is the MV of this ost will be delayed too =)) 

• Like 10

Man I was just at the MT and boy is the atmosphere tense. For a "main" OTP shipper they are really sensitive, almost as if their ship was the secondary ship. I don't recall Trash shippers this sensitive or maybe I just have a short memory.

I almost wish the writer would just troll everyone who assumes that JH/DS are endgame. Just because. It would be amusing to see the chaos and whining in the MT. But that's just the troll part in me speaking LOL. 

• Like 15

What I learned so far from reply series.. Despite I don't watch it all of them.. So please correct me if I'm wrong

R94, trash-NJ has 2 ost cover and CB-NJ has 1 ost cover.. In trash-NJ cover (Hi.Ni-I can't have you) the lyrics is sad, right? But in the end, NJ with trash..

What I want to say is, we still have hope.. In the end, DS feeling is the key..

• Like 10

Not trying to be a debbie downer but why so gloomy, OST part 9?? is it because it's a new OST that will be used sometime in the next 4 episodes and it's pretty telling that we're heading towards painville next week?? anyway, i don't think there's any correlation between the OST cover image and the song sometimes.. like SW-JJ cover for the OST part 7 is for Together by Noel but that song's never actually used for their scenes (it's usually for TK and his dad's golden scenes) and that song's lyric doesn't match SW and JJ's relationship at all. #positivethinking

Edit: oops sorry @mangachickava i didn't realize you had posted the lyric before. @lady65432 aah you're right it could also be that way. i'm just trying to not overthink it with the beach ost cover + sad lyrics combo and jump too quick to conclusions before we even hear the song being used in the next episode(s) hehe.. thanks for the insight :)

Oh, and while we're on the topic of TK's "chopstick skills," yea,... her observation is correct because i've been re-watching the previous episodes and when he ate with his dad in EP 16 he seems to have no trouble holding the chopsticks at all, although they cut right as he was about to grab a bite.

Screen_Shot_2015_12_31_at_11_08_28_AM.pnScreen_Shot_2015_12_31_at_11_07_55_AM.pn

Also in EP 9 when TK was invited to eat dinner at the Sung's, he seems to have no problem using his chopsticks at all as well. We can see it when Sungomma was picking up her phone, TK's hand was in the frame, and he easily grabbed two bites with his chopsticks, quite quickly if i may add (i hope the image isn't too blurred to show that). Since DS is present, if TK has a problem with his chopsticks at that time DS would definitely have helped/ annoyed at the sight that she would've at least commented on it/ helped him grab some pieces of food and put it in his bowl.

Screen_Shot_2015_12_31_at_11_21_00_AM.pnScreen_Shot_2015_12_31_at_11_20_38_AM.pn

Ckckck, seriously... surprises after surprises! What next, TK?? Also, i stumbled on a post where someone mentioned about the lock changing color again (forgot who).. not sure if this is the correct photo that she was referring to.. but idk, it still looks black to me??? (this is from episode 15)Screen_Shot_2015_12_31_at_11_37_20_AM.pn

Btw just a friendly reminder for everyone to keep up the lighthearted tone and the fun in this little Taek's room/ thread paradise of ours :) I second what you said about the nature of #taektanic being rooted in low expectations and definitely humbleness! @meguna Have a good day everyoneeee~

• Like 21

But remember Seo In Guk (Yoon Yoon Jae) singing Sa Joon's MEMORIES at the karaoke room *before the time jump* :D

WHY ARE THEY PLAYING OUT WITH THIS MEMORY THEME! I WILL NEVER REGRET SAILING WITH TAEKTANIC BECAUSE MAN, WE CAN WRITE LOTS & LOTS OF ESSAYS ABOUT HOW WONDERFUL &  MEANINGFUL THEIR (DS & TK) MEMORIES ARE. #speechless

@hafunohane hiiii! actually, NOEL's Together (with Jinjoo & Sunwoo in the cover) somehow makes sense too, bec that particular song was played during emotional scenes of Taek with His Dad & Sunwoo's Mom (remember their dilemma about losing the house) and it was also used when Sunwoo's mom was welcoming Taek in the neighborhood. It's like their *family song* hahaha. :D 

Edit: I'd probably fangirl so hard if Bogum sings OST9/OST5 during the fanmeet, huhuhu Kim Joo Hyuk has his own version of OSTPart 9. 

• Like 13

15 hours ago, Meliere said:

Also, minus the part where she insulted JH/DS shippers, @packmule3 is so right about the PD purposefully indulging viewers' selective blindness. By now I sound like a broken record, because I keep predicting it and still it hasn't happened, but .. but .. I swear, it'll happen soon (lol plzz drama gods .. there are only 4 eps left):

Taek knows about DS's crushes on SW & JH. 

When he made that call during ep. 6, that was my first thought actually. "Omoomomo! This dude is dangerous!!! He knows! He knows she was yearning for a first snow confession." 

Think about it ... TK's eyes are always on DS. His career is all about making correct observations (and he hasn't failed in this regard so far, has he?). How can he not notice DS's *very obvious* crushes on SW & JH? The SCREEN hasn't shown it... but--

But we all know what happens when the screen leaves things out. ..lol.. Remember ep. 16? Choi Taek 6 dan is pretty good at hiding his feelings when he needs to. 

So, your prediction ...the first time I read and thought about it, it left me really confused and puzzled...but after thinking about it, your idea, if it happens, would make the narrative really interesting and good at keeping the viewers on the edge of their seat. Because even keen TK and DS fans would not mostly see it coming. Talk about good writing.

Below was my train of thought with your prediction:

1) EP 9 is the last future scene of the couple and EP 10 the two husband hopefuls are fully out in the open and verbally expressed. News article said the last three episodes will have future scenes...I took it as that EP 17 will be the end of the husband game, we will know who the husband is (~95%) so that we have three episodes to focus on the actual couple and also give enough time to show the secound lead finding love ( something they did not do well in 1994 and I HIGHLY doubt would repeat again because that was just cruel). * RP 1997 had 4 future EP and RP 1994 had 3 future EP. I highly doubt the 3 future EP will be dragged on in the husband game in RP 1988 like it was in 1994.*

2) From EP 10-17, all the clues left by the husband should be answered and right now the main ones left is the concert that everyone went to (so not really important..) and the husband knowing about the previous crushes of DS.

3) When DS liked SW, we only saw JH reaction. TK was only shown really the one time that SW came on crutches and DS helped him down the stairs, but at that time, everyone was focusing on JH and not TK's reaction. I am assuming that TK knew that SW did not see DS in the same way and was very perceptive of what DS wanted ( showed by the snow phone call) As said before, the DS-->SW arc ends in EP 6.

4) from EP 6-10, DS is not romantically interested in JH, so when TK confesses he likes DS in EP 10, he is unaware of DS displaying a similar reaction to SW onto JH. Also, JH verbally puts down DS which causes TK to confess. So, TK at that point thinks JH does not like DS.

5) EP 11 I would argue that TK does not yet see DS liking JH, but EP 12 with the swearing scene, dinner scene...I think there have been chances for TK to get a hint..HOWEVER!!!! Though he sees DS liking JH the same way she liked SW before, at this point ( EP 12) JH as pulled back ( makes comment of there being a cute waitress) SO TK thinks it is still one-sided crush on DS part.

6) EP 15, TK realizes that the one-sided crush of DS is actually not that one-sided. JH likes DS back unlike SW.

7) EP 16, TK sees the picture in the wallet of the two together. Fully confirms that JH likes DS, but also TK realizes he has been the person coming in the middle of the two of them. So, one could interpret the last scene (with the strategic shots of his back giving distance to the viewers) as not only him not pursuing DS because it would put her in a messy situation with the dynamics of the group, but also realizing that he was interfering between DS and JH. Therefore, his tears and needing to sleep the whole day speaks of how emotionally devastated he was and he would need to move on from DS ( maybe dates those other girls or at least fake it to get by).

8) EP 17- Life is Irony/Ironic PT2: TK backs off from telling he likes DS because he thinks DS and JH mutually like each other. The irony? It is now JH that has come in between DS and TK being together.

If TK knew all of this time DS liked SW and JH ( as the husband says he knows everything) and *patiently* waited for her then there is no other way to clearly spell the L-O-V-E of the main lead. AND, when the time jump happens, it is now DS, who must go after him and prove that she loves him. WHICH also made me think of one line of the song of "sad fate"--> " I wonder if I will be able to love you again" 

• Like 22

26 minutes ago, vana93 said:

Hi my friends ....ohhh so happy  to have another suntaek ost cover:D

I don't know if other friends said that or not but bogum is the mc of kbs drama awards tonight and also he is nominee for men netizen award , http://www.kbs.co.kr/drama/2015award/netizen/men/index.html

i hope he wins:wub: (so excited to see our taek tonight)

wow the list has all the potential and talented candidates ^^ 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, minibunny said:

What I learned so far from reply series.. Despite I don't watch it all of them.. So please correct me if I'm wrong

R94, trash-NJ has 2 ost cover and CB-NJ has 1 ost cover.. In trash-NJ cover (Hi.Ni-I can't have you) the lyrics is sad, right? But in the end, NJ with trash..

What I want to say is, we still have hope.. In the end, DS feeling is the key..

Do you guys know how many OST releases are planned? If there are 10, then what @minibunny pointed out would be super telling. We know for sure the LAST ost cover is going to feature the entire cast. There's no way they'd end such a family-oriented and ensemble-cast show with a cover that's geared towards shipping. So if there are indeed only 10 OST covers, we know for sure there won't be another JH-DS cover. 

... though wasn't OST part 3 Oh Hyuk's "little girl"?What was the cover? Did it feature JH/DS? The MV did though, right?

• Like 6

1 hour ago, mangachickava said:

6) EP 15, TK realizes that the one-sided crush of DS is actually not that one-sided. JH likes DS back unlike SW.

7) EP 16, TK sees the picture in the wallet of the two together. Fully confirms that JH likes DS, but also TK realizes he has been the person coming in the middle of the two of them.

I agree. This is what I'm inclined to think have happened in that dark place called Taek's mind palace. He thinks it's not one-sided between JH dan DS, thus he cancels his plan to confess, and the irony.

1 hour ago, mangachickava said:

maybe dates those other girls or at least fake it to get by

The husband seems to avoid talking about the issue, redirecting the conversation somehow... I think, like young Taek, he doesn't bother to correct the misconception if it amuses him. It may just have been fangirls following him around...

I don't know... Taek doesn't seem like someone who could easily bond with just any girl in that sense...

@st4rdust... future husband indeed looks more like Papa Bear..

@Meliere you flatter me in my delusional state. Think, the PD/Writer could have done so to poke fun at us... "Hey there! playing Sherlock, are we now...!"

• Like 11

Guest aoikarin
4 hours ago, allegramente said:

And with all other things the rest of the gang have said about him (and we believe them)... the unreliable narrator(s) at play here(?)... He just doesn't bother to correct their assumptions if it gives him advantage. The kids, especially DS, keep coming to babysit him...

And the more I entertain the this side of Taek: cunningly manipulative...  The more interesting other scenes  become.

We've got that scenes where he gets to keep DS in his room, after a string of moves that end with  the nosebleed. When she and her family temporarily stays at the Kim's. 

*** SPECULATION REALM ***

What if he did engineer that he and DS got left behind at the Beach and spent some quality time... (and that beach scenes speak innuendos... "Take it off!"...)

Oh... He is a slytherin all right'o...

Agree.. Taekkie just love to play along 'idiot' role with his friends. That's his trait, right? he love to cling on people he likes, He loves to make his beloved one busy and showered him with attentive action just for him. I laughed when I read Taek lies about his chopstick skills. Well, if it's true, that's very cunning, notty Taek.. very very notty in a cute and unharmed way, just because he wants to cling on his friend to take care of him.. yup.. definitely his character.. and WOW, writernim.. she really consistent writing the characters.. *big applause*

Again, i believe, keep pretending with his idiot role... i think it's not his purpose.. I believe, he IS lack of capability to take care himself, do daily routine by himself (not like normal people do).. I believe, he struggles with those things, he tried his best everytime he's alone but being with his friends, he doesn't even want to struggle or bother doing those things, he just let them pamper him.

@Meliere

Spoiler

cover.jpg

similar editing to the latest released OST

i also think the last OST might be the updated family shot of everyone in 2015

*I just checked reply 1994 had 8 OST + a 9th directors OST

------

Someone already mentioned this but I LOVE THIS THREAD and I LOVE that we have people on this thread covering almost all corners, holes, dust bunnies, cracks of the reply franchise. There is posts on songs, advertisement material, actual plot, color theory, dolls,....just everything #noregrets 

• Like 12