Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

2 hours ago, shooastrid said:

What? Taekie lied about his chopstick skills? Like why? I'm sorry I am rather slow with this last minute assignment submission. Anyone cares to elaborate?

And with all other things the rest of the gang have said about him (and we believe them)... the unreliable narrator(s) at play here(?)... He just doesn't bother to correct their assumptions if it gives him advantage. The kids, especially DS, keep coming to babysit him...

And the more I entertain the this side of Taek: cunningly manipulative...  The more interesting other scenes  become.

We've got that scenes where he gets to keep DS in his room, after a string of moves that end with  the nosebleed. When she and her family temporarily stays at the Kim's. 

*** SPECULATION REALM ***

What if he did engineer that he and DS got left behind at the Beach and spent some quality time... (and that beach scenes speak innuendos... "Take it off!"...)

Oh... He is a slytherin all right'o...

• Like 17

Annyong Chingus! I just want to share my thoughts on the DS-JH-TK debate;) Some people were saying that the crush that DS wrote about in the earlier episodes that BR read was actually JH, well, i beg to disagree BR ACTUALLY SAID "I even gave him chocolates!" and DS got so mad. It was actually SW that she gave the chocolates to and other things like candies and tape BECAUSE DS thought that SW likes her. DEFINITELY NOT JH.

Second, TK likes DS as a Mother?! He said and I am qouting clearly "I like her. Not as a friend but a woman" For someone as perceptive and intelligent as TK, wouldn't he know what he's feeling all along. I think him liking DS is not something that happened to him recently i think he liked DS for a long time already that's why he called her on that snowy evening with such determined voice and eyes.

I also think that unconciously DS is leaning towards TK for a long time as well, she is so protective of him. She's patient with him and i like how comfortable she is with TK like putting kalbi on his bowl when they were eating at JH's house when they were talking about the concert, and other times e.g. putting beef in his bowl at the restaurant scene at the beach and getting his rice because he can't eat it anyway. She doesn't do it with the others just with TK;)

I really hope that DS realizes whom she likes because as far as i am concerned i can see love from a mile on DS's actions towards TK;)

TEAM TK all the way:heart: HAPPY NEW YEAR Chingus!!!

• Like 20

13 minutes ago, onlysb1 said:

@monsterlife Chingu I think Junghwan's character intentionally crafted like that to diverse shippers. Taek as unique character already had my attention in his palm but I was still watching Junghwan anyways because if he was husband I needed to see his worth as character and the reason behind stagnant pace. If he is not I still wanted to know reason why they gave him this much screen time and particularly hurt shippers hearts by not giving happy ending to him. So I came to this conclusion. His arc evolved  in last two episode was it too subtle?  I'm not sure... if this was what his shippers expected somewhat it relieved me though ^^ 

I guess it was too subtle I couldn't see it. Probably because I got my blinders on and I skip things not Tk-Ds. :lol:

Excuse my rant:

It just he just comes off hot and cold. It's probably what other people like but it is really frustrating. I guess it is much better if this is the last time I talk about JH. He bores me, frustrates me and when he appear on screen because of the love triangle this is my reaction: :rolleyes:. It is much better to stay away from him but thank you for the analysis. It lessens the frustration that I feel. Don't get me wrong though. JH is a nice boy, charming, thoughtful and kind but when his story got wrapped up with the love triangle angst he is just...it's just frustrating.

• Like 7

44 minutes ago, Charmee Gregory said:

Second, TK likes DS as a Mother?! He said and I am qouting clearly "I like her. Not as a friend but a woman" For someone as perceptive and intelligent as TK, wouldn't he know what he's feeling all along. I think him liking DS is not something that happened to him recently i think he liked DS for a long time already that's why he called her on that snowy evening with such determined voice and eyes.

Oh yeah... the debate about the nature of love grates me to no end because in the end, it doesn't matter. Why the need to pigeonhole it to certain category? She is all that to him: a mother, a sister, a friend, and soon a lover and wife (to me it's a done deal he's the husband). There's nothing wrong in that, in my opinion, because they've been together since childhood. It's understandable (and scientifically sound as one's formative years dictates one's preference in a partner).

At this point in life, Taek realises that what he feels is attraction of the opposite sex. Later on, I am sure, a feeling of responsibility may kick in. And so will other aspect when he gets to certain age and understanding. And DS will too. At this point in her life, it's the ideal image of a lover from books that she liked and the crushes as she was testing waters.

What matters is that their relationship evolves.

EDIT:

@Charmee Gregory, I realise this post may sound rude to you. The debate happens elsewhere *nudge nudge wink wink*...  

• Like 16

1 hour ago, mellinadear said:

:D packmule3 is gonna get enemies soon for his/her posts. 

While I was reading through, I read this particular line 2 times, " However, viewers, both the clueless and the willfully blind, ignored the hints until Episode 6, when TK’s movie invitation snowballed them right in the face." I just went.."uhm..But I'm not blind tho and definitely not clueless. But if you read it again, She didn't mean it in a condescending tone/way but was tryna say no one really paid attention to what was really in front if us the whole time. I can understand if people find his/her posts "demeaning" , I just say, read it again without that shipper voice in your head speaking to you.

Another part I liked in her post, "It annoys me to see that the scriptwriter has put in so much work on details on the characters, especially TK so he can be a worthy contender and rival of JH in this husband-hunt, yet character analyses of TK are brushed off as delusions or viewed with suspicion here in this main thread. Our understanding of the script is greatly impoverished if we restrict the discussion here only to the presumptive OTP". Finally, someone understands me.

Another that left me scratching my head. "Do people realize that TK LIES about his chopstick skills?"  errrmmm...say what now??? Meaning he knows how to use it properly without being clumsy? Hmmmm...come to think of it, whenever he travels for his games, he gets to eat right? And there will definitely be chopsticks that ain't separated for him to use. Taek is mature when he is abroad. You don't expect his Teacher and the other man(assistant?) To help him with the chopsticks the way his friends do. Again I say, hmmmmmm.

Lastly, "What’s the difference between three blind mice walking into a bar and three blind shippers posting on a thread?" errrrr.....DENIAL DENIAL DENIAL???

P.S: kinda funny that he/she has read comments about his/herself(being either a shipper,TK fan or troll)..lmao.

I just visited MT ...hihihihi! @packmule3 enemies there are lining up -^^ , anyway we love your analysis,we highly appreciated that you come up such a detailed analysis that also enlighten us to understand better the point of view or stand of the script/writer/Pds ^^ .... 

• Like 13

1 hour ago, st4rdust said:

@libra83

It's a very sweet thought but I went back and checked the arcade score screen and third place was not D.S.. It was just A.A  M.M   C. C 

I think that scene was just to show that Taekie can't bear to lose. Even if it's just an arcade game...  :lol:

And I feel that while Taek is picking up alot on how to express things around him, his thoughts and feelings are still his own... He probably just had no opportunity to 'practice'...  At home his dad is a big but quiet bear, his buddies don't swear in front of him, his baduk club friends and colleagues revere him..  There wasn't really anywhere he could be ' normal ' right? 

We must be careful not to make Taek out to be some kind of cute AI robot who is only doing things becos he observed and picked it up. Lol I feel that patting DS on the head was a calculated move to get her to stop doing it to him, becos he was establishing dominance. And it worked! Lol she subconsciously accepted that he is not a baby anymore and he can even tell/demand her to clear her Saturday for him. 

Just my humble thoughts... :rolleyes:

@st4rdust ;) for the green part, may we say "There is a place where TK can be himself. That's by DS's side!" haha Idk if you guys feel the same but yeah, I get this feeling though.

For the blue part, yes agree with your point here. That's why when I see similarities in TK's actions with others', although I immediately think of his perception, I do wonder if it's just his nature, a part of him that has not been revealed yet. 

And when I compare certain scenes in the actual episodes and the preview, it's true that the scenes are not always the same.

In ep 14, we only get to see subtle changes on DS's face to TK's "You don't know anything about me". And, I believe her long silence implies some mixed feelings inside her heart.

Let's look at the preview for this scene. In the preview, we don't see DS's face but we see her body language, aka her arm's movement and tapping fingers (starting from 0:05), showing that she was nervous. I personally think her body language does speak volumes as she can't hide it, like the time she gasped and held tightly to the umbrella and TK leaned on her for the first time.

Another scene is in ep 15. In the actual episode, we don't really see the position of TK's arms

http://postimg.org/image/qq9utgtin/

Screen_Shot_2015_12_30_at_11_23_19_PM.jp

and here is the one in the preview, I purposely change the brightness/contrast so that we can see more easily

http://postimg.org/image/t3rskh7xr/

Screen_Shot_2015_12_30_at_11_20_52_PM.jp 

and about the confession on the first snow, I'm not sure if TK decided to call DS just simply because he wanted to see a movie with her (and as an indirect confession) Sometimes I wonder if TK's decision to call her at that very right time was affected by his "jealousy"/"competitiveness" when TK saw DS's excited eyes towards SW as the gang was eating together.

And there's one more thing :)) This is not really related to the flow of the story but I just find it interesting. The handkerchief TK uses (especially after his match) appears again at the staircase scene.

http://postimg.org/image/okfjyyq27/

Screen_Shot_2015_12_31_at_9_38_14_AM.jpg

http://postimg.org/image/qnpz6mpv3/

Screen_Shot_2015_12_31_at_9_44_56_AM.jpg

P/S: I actually try to capture DS's eyes at the restaurant. She actually looked at TK for quite long, excitedly haha

wljxl.gif

• Like 17

1 hour ago, allegramente said:

And the more I entertain the this side of Taek: cunningly manipulative...  The more interesting other scenes  become.

Choi Taek 6 dan needs his own show, in which Seoul is rife with unsolved murders and he is a "consulting detective".

And the Ssangmun-dong tae-ti-seo (ajummas) are his assistants. 

And Jung Bong is his Watson. Even though they have a rivalry going on in all aspects of life.  

• Like 20

2 hours ago, monsterlife said:

The thing they attack tk is that he is weak, he is always crying & he is always in need of care. It's like are we seeing the same show here? 

I got into a conversation about if tk will know about his dad's remarriage. We disagreed on how TK will handle it. But I am happy episode 16 prove I am right. 

It always bugs me when someone said that TK almost always crying. being needy or have to be taken care of. God. Really? He has been taking care of himself for a long time. 

Him crying on ep 16 is not only because of his cancelled confession to DS. I think it was because he got too much on his mind for so long and he have to bear it by himself and the event of him not being able to confess is just like the catalyst for him to acknowledge his pain that has been building up inside him all this time.

TK has been in professional baduk for long time for someone who is young. the amount of effort and dedication that took him there is no joke. He practice constantly. He doesn't even give himself enough time to rest and relax. He practice at home, he goes to baduk club, he competes overseas, come back home and practice again. It's tiring. And not to mention lonely too. His "fun" and relaxing time is when he is with his bestfriends and ofc with DS. He didnt really have friends outside the gank. Unlike the rest who goes to school and has other group of friends to interact he only has the four of them. they are precious to him. they are his family. thats why him confessing to DS after he knows about JH feelings and jeopardizing the gank dynamic in the process is just ridiculous. 

Another thing is, TK almost never complain and whine. He doesn't have a chance to do it. He lost him mom at young age and his dad is not the type of person who easily express and share his feelings. Yes he take cares of TK, but they didn't discuss their feelings on daily basis. So TK is forced to become mature . He manages and deals with his own emotion from very young. 

Add to that the amount of pressure from playing baduk professionally. He got expectations from people around him. Eventhough they didn't ask him to win, he still feels like he has to try his best and win. Losing is not okay for him. He also place a huge amount of burden on himself because he is indeed very competitive. he only began to come around a bit about this issue when he ask DS on whether or not it is okay for him to lose. 

And thats I think why he cries at ep 16. Because all of it has been building inside him for so long that its like an avalanche of his lifetime of pain and burden and feelings just hit him at the same time. Thats why he cries. That's also why he decide to just take the medicine and sleep for a whole day. He for once just want a break. At that point, everything is just too much for him. Its not because he's childish or needy. 

In fact like all of us here know, TK is the most mature one of them all. He faces alot of pain and pressure from young age, yet it didn't make him bitter or jaded. He grows with it. He becomes a better person because of it. He develop compassion, understanding, and maturity level that is just soo precious for someone who is young. that's why TK is special. I, of course personally want him to be the husband because I think he and DS will complement each other so much. Just imagining them growing in a relationship together is just awesome. Because even at this point when they are just bestfriend to, we can already see them showing a lot of better qualities in each other presence. Unlike when JH and DS interaction which only shows them bickering, JH hiding his feelings by being snarky at DS, JH being angsty and undecided about whether or not to take care of DS, DS being flirty when she thought he likes him etc. For me personally JH and DS interaction resembles first crush and young love. While TK and DS interaction for me is soulmate worthy. Well one can argue that JH and DS can develop together when and if they get to be in relationship. But well, for me it is not enough at this point. But thats just me anyway. Im not the writer. Maybe she can pull it off. Who knows.

btw. Sorry for the long post guys :)

• Like 24

2 minutes ago, Meliere said:

Choi Taek 6 dan needs his own show, in which Seoul is rife with unsolved murders and he is a "consulting detective".

And Jung Bong is his Watson. Even though they have a rivalry going on in all aspects of life.  

Lol maybe after he retired from baduk career Grandpas Over Flowers 2 ^^

• Like 14

Also, minus the part where she insulted JH/DS shippers, @packmule3 is so right about the PD purposefully indulging viewers' selective blindness. By now I sound like a broken record, because I keep predicting it and still it hasn't happened, but .. but .. I swear, it'll happen soon (lol plzz drama gods .. there are only 4 eps left):

Taek knows about DS's crushes on SW & JH. 

When he made that call during ep. 6, that was my first thought actually. "Omoomomo! This dude is dangerous!!! He knows! He knows she was yearning for a first snow confession." 

Think about it ... TK's eyes are always on DS. His career is all about making correct observations (and he hasn't failed in this regard so far, has he?). How can he not notice DS's *very obvious* crushes on SW & JH? The SCREEN hasn't shown it... but--

But we all know what happens when the screen leaves things out. ..lol.. Remember ep. 16? Choi Taek 6 dan is pretty good at hiding his feelings when he needs to. 

• Like 21

15 minutes ago, Meliere said:

OMG... Of course! and what is one of the books they have in future scenes...   "SHERLOCK"!

n_visiting_1_zpsdin9g8ey.jpg

• Like 19

2 hours ago, st4rdust said:

@libra83

It's a very sweet thought but I went back and checked the arcade score screen and third place was not D.S.. It was just A.A  M.M   C. C 

I think that scene was just to show that Taekie can't bear to lose. Even if it's just an arcade game...  :lol:

I think the producers might have made an error in the photoshop of the arcade screen. In the first screenshot when JB beat the game, #1 was JB and the #2 name was CT (presumably Choi Taek). But when TK won the highest score again, it only showed #1 CT #2 JB #3-5 some random scores that were below TK's previous high score. I think the screen should have been #1 CT #2 JB #3 CT...

I have too much time on my hands...

• Like 13

Also, @gerimisore, I so wish you lived next door so we can hang out and drink ice tea and sunbathe and draw together. I loooved doing art in high school. But then life happened and I stopped. Today, I dug out pencil and paper and tried to draw choi taek. *dies* I'll need art lessons from you. My version of choi taek looked closer to pepe the freakin frog. :o:tears::w00t::angry:

• Like 12

I don't know why people still find it hard to pick the better *endgame*

all we know is...

Yoon Jae is a picky eater...

Na Jung is a picky eater...

and

Taek, is a picky eater.

CHARACTERS AND THEIR DISTINCT LIKES/DISLIKES. MS. LEE WOO JUNG, YOUR EFFORT IS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED. :D

Edit: and these people had *issues* with their planned confessions. lol 

• Like 17

Like many of you, I think using the reason JH looks like the husband the most judging purely on physical appearance to come to the conclusion JH is the husband is the weakest argument. Let's ignore the hair style well because everyone can change their hair style however they want.

Here I show you why it's the last thing to look at LOL  

reply_1988_33_8605.jpg  Capture_zpsjmcoacjq.jpg

JH has his significant thick lips that many girls out there fall for while the husband has the very Korean looking lips: small and thin. If we only looked at this to find the husband, JH and DR would automatically be excluded from this husband hunt. I know gravity does pull every thing down as you get older, but I doubt that it could compress and deform your lips and make it 5 times smaller. LOL

While we're at it, might as well just bring urri Taek in LOL 

22_1451026540698.png

Wait, he has that small cute looking lips too. Does that mean Taek fits the physical image of the husband better than JH? :phew:

Oh how I wish it was just that  simple *sighs* 

Bear with me guys, I'm on my winter break and dying from boredom.:crazy:

Edit: What is going on on the main thread?? Holy crap aphone.gif

• Like 16

Wow the MT become fierce haha lol! See, we're not delusional.. We just see the flow and the script.. Hoho (sorry JH ship if I offended you)..

I used the same argument with JH ship when they cannot see DS will like TK more than friend/brother, I also can't see DS like JH before anyone told her that he likes her so for me the 1st love of DS is JH kind of invalid.. I even can't feel that DS likes her deep enough after her friends told her..unless the last 4 episode the writer plan to turn the table again.. 

DS feeling is the key.. And no matter who we ship, we all agree on that.. In Ep 16 we see clearly DS feeling towards TK start to change.. My argument based on

1. Her disappointment when TK canceled their date.. A guy who fall asleep during movie on first date and didn't she said that she doesn't have time beside study.. Why she has to be so down when he canceled it? What's so fun going to cinema with a guy who might be sleeping again? And when she muttered, "nothing working out for me these days", College and JH we all know that didn't work out but why he canceled their date also consider didn't work out if she only thinks he just a friend.. Plus no one told her that TK likes her but her behavior looks the same when she has a crush with JH or SW..

2. Her visit the night before TK go to china.. It's subtle and very hidden between the line.. A girl who no one ask her to buy/bring foods, visit him and gave the food.. Only to remind him not to forget their date.. (Btw, PBG act his brilliant in this scene, I can sense his pain but still try not to make sad face in front of DS)

3. She waited his phonecall like a girl waited a phonecall from her crush/bf..she really want to go to cinema with TK so bad.. Why?

for me the obvious answer is, she likes him. No matter how blind are you with other ship but you can't denied that she likes TK.. 

And after all the drama TK-JH-DS, TK finally gave up on DS for JH.. and JH can finally tell her that he likes her, and the sign of DS gave back the wallet to JH instead of TK himself (which he could use the wallet as an excuse to go to JH house and walk with DS together but no) he prefers to gave JH a chance to be with DS..but the way I see it, probably too late.. DS has moved on.. 

• Like 19

Hello, everyone!! As always, you guys are the best ^^ I really enjoy reading all of your posts. I hope you're all having a nice day~ Advance Happy New Year Everyone!! FIGHTING!

I have a thought regarding the slight dispute that's going on with the other ship. I'm actually worried for them because we all see that JH does have a higher chance of being the hubby but because of the recent episodes, they get quite enrage about the TK-DS moments and the lack of focus around the lovelines. Some of them are starting to miss out on the other good things about this drama which is sad but the thing that I am worried the most for them is the possibility of JH not ending up with DS. As I said a few pages back, DS holds the key to move the plot of the loveline and until we clearly see her POV we don't really know what's going to happen. What the guys do does matter 'cause it gives us reason why they deserve to end up with her but we have to see how DS reacts to those, who she chooses in the end will totally be up to her and not us (well actually its up to the writers but you get the idea hahaha~) Anyways, with that said. IF DS does not end up with JH (note this is an "IF") I think they will be even more heartbroken because one of the reasons why some went for JH is to avoid getting "Chillbonged". They're also a bit agressive (or at least they seem like it to me) so if it doesn't go the way they thought it would then I think an even more bigger war might occur but I do hope that won't happen. I will be sad if it is not TK but since I've already develop that mindset of "going down with this ship and I regret nothing" I think I won't be that heartbroken (as long as they give TK a justifiable ending). The JH ship feels more like "this ship will sail and fire all canons, it is unstoppable" so if it sinks, it'll be more tragic than Titanic. Note that these are just hypothesis that is in my mind, the whole TK ship shouldn't be bashed if someone from the other ship is offended and if I offended someone, I'm sorry. I'm genuinely worried for you guys and the drama has a lot more to offer than the husband hunt. I admit that it is fun, frustrating and interesting to do but this 3rd installment seems to be what the writers, PDnims and director are aiming for. After the 2 previous Reply series, they've finally come up with the perfect formula to represent the series which is about looking back to the past and reliving it with your love ones. :) 

• Like 16