Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

@Meliere OWW..I've waved goodbye to literary criticism long time ago, and picked cold hard technical stuff... I go bananas over your deconstruction at the main thread.

I agree wholeheartedly that "DS is not a child bride. Rather than ship her hard with anyone, my primary desire is to see her grow, see her mature, and see her fight for her education. At 18, that’s what matters."

If it's any ordinary K-drama, the structure would've been reversed. Of 20 episodes, the first four would have been set in the characters's youth and established the "first love" idea, and the rest (sixteen eps) show the whole saga of mucky angsty "you-love-me-you-love-not" love n-angle. And some apparently stuck in this mode, expecting similar "structure" and exposition in this "reversed"  distribution.  Added: That another contender for the "main otp" line is easily dismissed  for being "late" to the game. When the writer is actually developing him along with the heroine. In plain sight, nonetheless! 

• Like 15

11 minutes ago, allegramente said:

OWW..I've waved goodbye to literary criticism long time ago, and picked cold hard technical stuff...

Me too! Well ... kind of. These days all I do is sleuth over art and tell people if it's a forgery.

hated lit criticism in college. I'd always procrastinate on the papers ... and then stay up all night, living on coffee + pills + sacks of carrots to get that sh!t done. 

This show though. It must have made me insane, given that I've started counting episodes and mapping out structure. >___> *cries*

• Like 9

49 minutes ago, allegramente said:

@Meliere OWW..I've waved goodbye to literary criticism long time ago, and picked cold hard technical stuff... I go bananas over your deconstruction at the main thread.

I agree wholeheartedly that "DS is not a child bride. Rather than ship her hard with anyone, my primary desire is to see her grow, see her mature, and see her fight for her education. At 18, that’s what matters."

If it's any ordinary K-drama, the structure would've been reversed. Of 20 episodes, the first four would have been set in the characters's youth and established the "first love" idea, and the rest (sixteen eps) show the whole saga of mucky angsty "you-love-me-you-love-not" love n-angle. And some apparently stuck in this mode, expecting similar "structure" and exposition in this "reversed"  distribution. Added: That another contender for the "main otp" line is easily dismissed  for being "late" to the game. When the writer is actually developing him along with the heroine. In plain sight, nonetheless!    

I don't know why... think opening multiple window messed up with my composing box... 

Sorry for the double post...

@Meliere O the paper works... used them as the mat for coffees and ramen cups, a la ssangmun-dong gang... 

• Like 4

Hi guys. I've been a lurker and decide to post for the first time on this thread. I like the vibe i get from this thread. You guys are awesome. Anyway just watched ep 16 with sub and this is some of my thougts. I notice several ironies in this ep:

-TK stepping back from confessing his feelings despite his competitive nature.
-JH feelings for DS is noticed by the one person he's stepping back for (TK)
-TK stepping back for JH despite JH act of hiding his feelings was because of TK confession to the boys in the first place.
- JH mom and DR were eager to win and practicing hard but they lost. On the other hand NE goes to final eventho he's not confident about his singing earlier and didnt really practice beforehand as much as mom and DR.
- DS starts worrying abt college and studying seriously for the first time eventho she never even bother before
-when JH said "how come there are no secret in this neighborhood?"
Well there are. Quite a lot actually. Eventho ppl will found out about it eventually (like JB dating, SW BR dating, JH feelings etc).

What I notice too while watching
- in bus DS openly yawns in front of DR  while she turns her head when burping in front of TK. This just shows she sees them in diff light. She could give a damn in front of DR, while she trys to act a bit more refine or girly (?) in front of TK. Whether she notices it herself ot not.
- DS called TK crazy bastard in the bus. But when DR called TK nasty bastard about being super competitive DS defend him by saying that he's not nasty and its just simple immaturity.
I dont know if im overanalyzing things but usually, you dont want other ppl to talk bad about someone who's close to you like family member or your partner. But its okay if you yourself call them names because you know you dont meant it in a mean or malicious way but more endearing and  more like "i cant help to love them even if they are crazy" kind of way. So yeah. i dont know if im making any sense.
-DS waits in front of the phone for his call before she goes to sleep in her room. And by her words about he's not calling yet it seems that she has been waiting for a while. I mean she doesnt have to wait in front of the phone exactly. She could just wait in her room and study or whatever while waiting. And came out of her room when he calls or have her mom shout for her or something. The point is she's anticipating his call. Add to the fact that she reminds him to call her before. So yeah. Shes kinda eager and maybe excited too i think. So when he call and said he had something important to do, she ask to comfirm " is it really important?"

PS. Did any of you guys try doing that cornet bread thing DB did to MO?  I did. And failed. Lol.

• Like 24

Maybe it's not meant anything but when DS brings fish cake in ep 16, I keep wondering why she bought foods that he even didn't ask her to buy for him or her family didn't ask DS to bought it for TK.. Isn't the timing kind of weird? The night before he has to to china for his competition.. It's like she wants to meet him but need an excuse so she doesn't look too suspicious..

And the song sad fate by nami, that played during TK scene really suited SunTaek.. And I don't know why, I keep imagining that in next episode TK will restrain himself, not to pat DS head.. 

I think I'm too delusional 

• Like 20

2 hours ago, mangachickava said:

SONGS

EP 11: No songs played during DS and TK scenes

*But did y’all see the two containers SW mom gave ds to give to TK…Green and yellow >.<

EP 12

When DS is teaching TK how to curse

Joan Baez- Donna Donna https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqzGZ5AaeSs

When Tk is sleeping in car/ SW is waiting for his mom-so before he rests his head on DS ( I know it isn’t during, but I love the song hehe)

Shin Chon Blues- Regrets (신촌블루스-아쉬움) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzF0Nsm3nE0 

Reveal hidden contents

Regrets

As the dewdrops start to form in your starry eyes
A lasting sadness lingers on your hands held in mine 

That letter you handed me with those small hands
Sadly it closed not quite getting it all off your chest 

Can't help these regrets as I watch you walk away
Should I run to you, hold your hand and say something

Can't help these regrets as I watch you walk away
Should I run to you, hold your hand and say something

When the whole squad meets in the morning

Sanullim (Mountain Echo)—Not Yet/ What, Already? (산울림 -아니벌써) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FlVTZQ1PFQ

When JH, DR, and TK walk in to restaurant

Lee Moon Sae- Gwang Ha Moon Sonata (이문세-광화문 연가) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mezYFe9DLRk * the first comment had English lyrics*

When DS cuts TK food and JH watches

Da Seot Song Ga Rak (Five Fingers)- Balloons (다섯손가락 - 풍선) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpI26UePQYE

Reveal hidden contents

During my past childhood, I dreamt a beautiful dream
about riding a balloon and flying
If a yellow balloon flies in the sky,
My heart remembers beautiful memories

My dream as a child was to ride a yellow balloon
and fly high into the sky
I forgot about that small dream and lived till now
because I grew up too much
But when I’m miserable,
I want to run around and play like a child
Filling a balloon full of my small dreams

I can’t understand why tears come out
when I look at the sky
I wonder why you forgot the tiny childhood
when you become an adult
At times, I too want to just
fly high into the sky
With my forgotten dreams and memories

my heart remembers beautiful memories

La la la la la
Though time passes
La la la la la
Though I forgot
La la la la la
Will it be possible to contain it in a yellow balloon?

When JH and DR talk about DS and TK

Byeon Jin Seob – It’s too late, isn’t it? (변진섭 - 너무 늦었잖아요) http://www.mp3tunes.tk/download?v=IIwtK1IaZvM *english lyrics in video*

When DS eating parfait, and TK does the hair thing and JH leaves

Yeo Un (After taste)- Alone Love/ Love that Became Alone (여운 - 홀로된 사랑) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y30tUugmDs

*DR mentions in the ep there is nothing DS is scared of except bora…which made me think about how during the China flashback, they choose to show Bora freezing in her sleep because DS took the sleeping blankets for TK…so DS endangered her self to punishment from Bora all for TK which on just any level says a lot :’3

**if TK is not the husband they better at least give me more scenes of TK-DS-DR doing funny stuff because the dynamic of those three is perf

*** did anyone ever catch PBG/TK eye twitch at the burberry man LOL

Thank you! I'll add the songs that i missed to the playlist.. and i think for the next episodes you're doing.. just check out my playlist and list the ones that i don't have already so it's less work :) thanks for doing this dear!

• Like 9

Another random thing.. About the deer picture in Taek's room.. There're 4 deer, but one deer is stand up from others.. The deer has horn and look like wearing something in its neck (maybe balck and white shawl or scarf?) and who's wearing black and white shawl in our 4 guys? Almost no one, except one guy which DS has prepared for his competition in China and they take a picture together.. Lol! Crazy right? Haha just ignore me.. I think I'm going insane..

• Like 11

36 minutes ago, syaiira said:

Hey guys! Remember that love percentage/name compatibility game Deoksun played in one of the earlier episode? Well I was bored so I decided to play that game for Deoksun. hahaha

It's based on this chart right here: https://lh3.ggpht.com/KYUNvduUhAyD7gxfVsQG8kzjLG90CR9sZ42JOg6pqM7qrrE5-QyaP01AGPP3Rx_of_A=h900

I played it using this online generator: http://www.simsimhe.com/bbs/?bo_table=test&wr_id=5

I used both her name, Sung Deoksun, and her other name, Sung Sooyeon and tried to match it up with both Taek and Junghwan.

So here are the results I got:

Sung Deoksun & Choi Taek

WV0SgxL.png

Sung Deoksun and Kim Junghwan

bL0sM3P.png

Sung Sooyeon and Choi Taek

2DQCJN3.png

Sung Sooyeon and Kim Junghwan

wbfs7I9.png

and the most Daebak of all....

Hide contents

Choi Taek and Sung Deoksun

8jfB11O.png

kekekeke 

This is just for fun, by the way. Enjoy!

why do i feel like the names were intentional as richard simmons...cuz what if this was intentional...

• Like 14

@mellinadear  I used to go there a lot back then before TK was introduced as a strong contender, when things were solely about JH/DS and Mr. JH was everywhere. It was fine when we just settled with "JH is the husband". I remember posting a long richard simmons comment explaining why I was unable to ship JH/DS (this was all before TK entered the game) and how JH was having a one-sided love that the chemistry literally was unnoticeable. I was trying to seek someone who shared the same thought. yea got ignored completely, like this bytch is crazy LOL. So I forced myself to see the very idea "JH is the husband", not only i failed to do so but also packed up and moved here. I remember @minibunny was the very first one who spoke up on the main thread about how people there just disrespectfully brushed off TK's existence. Kudos to you girl :wub: . When things started steaming up I did lurk at JH-DS thread, and people could be over the top with "why don't they just make their own thread (TK shippers) and stop shoving TK-DS down our throats" or "thank god, they finally got their own thread". And I was like damn! over a drama? all because of different points of view? So when some of you mentioned about some JH shippers lurked here and got butthurt over our discussions or called us ridiculous or delusional, I found it funny, it doesn't bother me. 

Oh well, I wish people could be more open-minded and willing to take other opinions into consideration instead of just ignoring or judging the others simply because they don't go well with theirs. But what can you do? I guess we only like to hear what we wanna hear and believe what we wanna believe *shrugs*

And i'm saying this again, I'm not good at reading into the lines and have sharp eyes like you guys, but TK is the husband. After watching episode 16 and judging how DS just does a 180, goes cold turkey on JH like before, and how it doesn't even bother her if he's there or not, I've confirmed it. As the love line progressed, it's hard to not think TK is the husband. Just wait girls, drinks are on me :D 

@gerimisore I love your art works, just checked out your insta. Girl, you're so talented :wub:

• Like 20

1 hour ago, giao_nguyen said:

@mellinadear  I used to go there a lot back then before TK was introduced as a strong contender, when things were solely about JH/DS and Mr. JH was everywhere. It was fine when we just settled with "JH is the husband". I remember posting a long richard simmons comment explaining why I was unable to ship JH/DS (this was all before TK entered the game) and how JH was having a one-sided love that the chemistry literally was unnoticeable. I was trying to seek someone who shared the same thought. yea got ignored completely, like this bytch is crazy LOL. So I forced myself to see the very idea "JH is the husband", not only i failed to do so but also packed up and moved here. I remember @minibunny was the very first one who spoke up on the main thread about how people there just disrespectfully brushed off TK's existence. Kudos to you girl :wub: . 

Yeah, I remember that time :lol:. Someone even called tk-ds shippers for being drama queens. Now JH-DS shippers are the drama queens. They really should be happy tk back out. It give jh the greenlight to go for it.

• Like 13

One thing I've noticed/love about this thread is how and why we ship TK and DS.

We do not take the "OTP" face value. Just because one character is a tsundere...that he's automatically the "husband".

We do not become irritated with the writer just because they haven't kissed yet. 

The story does not call for a kiss nor a near fist fight I see some was expecting. 

We understand each character and why they act like that at that particular moment. 

I feel that our eyes, ears and hearts are open to what the story is trying to tell.

Not because one character was the first to be introduced, or had the most scene.

We notice the little things that makes a huge impact. 

We see the growth each character is undergoing and how it might be significant to who they might become in the future.

How ever the writer and PD wants to end this series, I feel our thread will survive (and hopefully, jumping in joy?;)). Not only for Taek, JH, and DS but for the whole neighborhood family. 

Althought we are not saints and angels, occasional frustration and word war is needed because...well...it is a shippers thread after all. :D

• Like 21

Hi, I'm new here. I was really depressed after watching episode 16 and do not know what to do until i found this thread. I do think JH X DS has higher possibilities together (sorry to say) but i hope i am wrong because i am so in love with Taek and DS pairing...

• Like 9

This is interesting. Falling in love vs. Growing in love:

"Falling in love is a sudden occurrence, just like when an intoxicated person falls unexpectedly into a pit. Growing in love is a slow, gradual process, like a plant extending its branches upwards and taking deep roots downwards." (siteofwisdom.com)

DEEP ROOTS GUYS. *cries in the corner*

Ms. Lee Woo Jung, it's all up to you. Make it, or break it. :D

• Like 16

4 hours ago, minibunny said:

Another random thing.. About the deer picture in Taek's room.. There're 4 deer, but one deer is stand up from others.. The deer has horn and look like wearing something in its neck (maybe balck and white shawl or scarf?) and who's wearing black and white shawl in our 4 guys? Almost no one, except one guy which DS has prepared for his competition in China and they take a picture together.. Lol! Crazy right? Haha just ignore me.. I think I'm going insane..

In the future scene too,when NL went over to visit his sister, there was a picture of 2 deers on a shelf. It was 4 in TK's room but 2 in future scene. I'm delulu right? Lol 

Edit: saw this in our Sister shipping thread. Its just an info though.

Spoiler

Today's news article has confirmed that Lee Mi Yeon and Kim Joo Hyuk will be appearing in their adult roles for the remaining last 3 eps to provide clues for the "husband search" in the adult portion of the story. The final episode will reveal the couple's story till marriage.

[단독] ‘응팔’ 이미연·김주혁, 마지막 3회분 전격 출연

Answer Me 1988: Lee Mi Yeon and Kim Joo Hyuk set to appear in the last 3 episodes

Source: http://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=382&aid=0000436779

Cr:ic3chubb3

• Like 9