Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

1 hour ago, Wendy Wang said:

As I watch that figure going farther and farther away from behind 
Still, I won’t say this moment is goodbye 

I think the shots of TK back during the phone conversation and only showing DS face was an interesting choice. They could have shown both their faces, or just TK face with DS voice..but they didnt...it also i think build to the first line of the song

• Like 4

@nearsea you sure do worry a lot. Its OK to worry but worrying too much is unhealthy.:) Don't worry too much and just enjoy the show.

Regarding who the writer chooses, it happens. There are some actors who can give the vibe that the writers want in their characters. See S-joon ki(Descendants of the sun),the writer chose him while he was in the army and when he came out,he went to set. Jichangwook (my bias) is another example, the writer saw him at a shows première and taught he would be good as healer. All these is because the writer doesn't want his/her characters to go to waste ESPECIALLY if the characters are so dear to him/her. This is from Mark Tapio Kines, who is a screen writer.

Spoiler

Actors want to be taken seriously as creative artists. If you go overboard in your direction, they might think you don’t trust their ability to interpret your golden prose. So they rebel and make it a point to speak the dialogue differently.

So in order to protect your work,what do you do?

Spoiler

Whether it’s an indie or a blockbuster, movie audiences primarily remember the faces of the people they saw on screen. Faces, alas, are not what you the screenwriter have at your disposal. But if you write your script with actors in mind (and I’m not talking about writing for movie stars, but for actors in general), you can forge a stronger connection between what’s on the printed page and what’s in the completed film. Choose actors who can do justice to your characters Not actors who are just there by name. I'm not saying Known actors can't work, I'm just saying Choose actors that can bring your characters to life.

So yeah, Certain actors are chosen because the writers THINK the actors can bring the characters to life and not because of names.

But there are some writers who choose big names to gather an audience. It can work both ways.

I hope this answers your question.:)

In all this, What REALLY matters for writers is how the audience can get connected to the characters.

• Like 13

3 hours ago, nearsea said:

You just need to go to the other thread to confirm he's the one...they've got lists of reasons =S...I have this borderline disorder of torturing myself maybe so I've read most of the posts on this..But to be honest I think we all have been trying to find the reason ourselves why he should be the husband or is the husband for that matter =SS.

-- Also if this was a match we could already see the score ...of something like JH-10,TK- 5/6.As yeah the most obvious reason goes as JH having more screen time so far.Now don't know if the writer is going to take the same old route that he's used in the previous two series..or not.

LOLOL I considered this, but I was too uncomfortable with the idea. It took a lot of effort for me to even catch up on the main thread. But I probably should. It's not the same trying to discuss the other side's POV without the other side. Being coddled is not the real world. We need to be exposed to both sides to see the bigger picture right? :)

@tanjam ahhhhh yes. To be an old married couple. (': #relationshipgoals

@Meliere Ohhhh my oh my, my brilliant friend. I treasure your honesty and company so. :heart:

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, mellinadear said:

Amazing right. He even tried to beat his own teacher but hasn't been successfull. That was interesting read..thanks.

he has though....if you go on his teachers wiki its says "in 1984, Cho began teaching Lee Chang-ho. Two years later, Lee became a professional and began challenging Cho. By 1989, Lee defeated Cho for the first time in a title final by winning the 29th Chaegowi. Their rivalry would continue until 2003, when Lee won the 34th Myungin. As of 16 June 2011, the score between the two in title finals is Lee 47–19 Cho.In 1992, he lost the Paewang title to Lee after defending it for sixteen consecutive years"

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, mangachickava said:

he has though....if you go on his teachers wiki its says "in 1984, Cho began teaching Lee Chang-ho. Two years later, Lee became a professional and began challenging Cho. By 1989, Lee defeated Cho for the first time in a title final by winning the 29th Chaegowi. Their rivalry would continue until 2003, when Lee won the 34th Myungin. As of 16 June 2011, the score between the two in title finals is Lee 47–19 Cho.In 1992, he lost the Paewang title to Lee after defending it for sixteen consecutive years"

Now I believe in the theory of the 6th episode importance :) Teak hasn't started from 0% we were wrong. DR knew he had an advantage - he is "6th dan"! JH in his eyes needed those 5 stones = days. actually now the game really started :) 

Another thing I found interesting was the last appearance of the future couple was in ep 9...right before ep 10 when both JH and TK feelings were revealed ( and kinda DS ?). I think the fact no more future scenes were shown when the triangle became verbally established is significant. Unlike 1994, the writer wanted people to focus fully on the actual narrative and I think there is a lot less trolling than people think. What gave people hope in 1994 in the later ep was the future scenes, that what drove things forwards. But in 1988 it is the actual scenes/narrative not some one sec act or piece of object that is pushing our submarine...and that is a very important disctinction.

• Like 16

@mangachickava I was thinking like that all the way. For me Reply 88 is more writer-nim and  pd-nom storytelling of their youth or somebody around them - because of that is more full of emotions and jokes about parents. 30%  trolling maybe.. If they wanted trolling thay would make same all together future scenes like in 94 and 97. 

14 minutes ago, mangachickava said:

Another thing I found interesting was the last appearance of the future couple was in ep 9...right before ep 10 when both JH and TK feelings were revealed ( and kinda DS ?). I think the fact no more future scenes were shown when the triangle became verbally established is significant. Unlike 1994, the writer wanted people to focus fully on the actual narrative and I think there is a lot less trolling than people think. What gave people hope in 1994 in the later ep was the future scenes, that what drove things forwards. But in 1988 it is the actual scenes/narrative not some one sec act or piece of object that is pushing our submarine...and that is a very important disctinction.

Amen!

1 hour ago, Meliere said:

• Spoiler

• The most developed husband contender in the Reply series is *always* the husband. This is especially true in R94. Whether you loved or hated him, Trash was the more developed lead, with his disgusting hygiene, random quirks, and life outside of the loveline. I can say with confidence that JH is not the most developed male character in R88. Not even close. Even freakin' Noeul is starting to be more developed than he (with the recent singing segment and his humiliation-turned-triumph in the classroom). Outside of tsundere and the love triangle, JH has had few developments that he can truly, truly call his own (the way DR's stomach health concerns are his own, or Sunwoo's arc with his dad, or Taek's "rather die than be second place" / substance abuse flaw). JH pales against other members of his family. JB is noticeably getting more screen time in recent episodes. ***The writer is not stupid. She is fully capable of crafting rich characters. For 16 episodes, she could have developed JH obsessively. But she didn't… and guess which other character (hint: C.T, top scorer) got developed obsessively ... ? *goat bleep*****
    • Take away the fan service and sexual tension / chemistry, what is there left in the JH-DS relationship? Anyone …? Anyone? *cricket cricket cricket*
    • There's a reason why team JH is raging so badly they're ready to smash SW, BR, and every food tent in town. Why? Because starting with ep. 13, SW, BR, and every food tent in town has had more developments & screen time than JH. I remember reading a comment that was like "why does it seem like the narrative has kicked Jungpal aside?" UM. You got it! Four episodes of missed opportunities for JH as a character? Especially THIS late in the game? That's the equivalent of a funeral march.
    • The writer has completely wasted golden opportunities to develop DS-JH. The concert, their supposed movie date, JH's birthday … complete fails. The concert served to highlight DS's insecurities and hunger for attention (notice how delighted she was that another boy called her pretty, and didn't even turn down his request to call). JH's birthday highlighted the fact that DS does not know TK as well as she thinks she does (amen DR well said), that TK is a kind dude who'd rather sleep in the car than miss JH's b-day, and that DS has been testing JH all this time (do you like me? If yes, wear that pink shirt .. which is in a color you don't even like). 
    • "A drama second lead spends the majority of his time getting tortured by a love triangle." Read this statement and select the best choice from the following: (A) JH  (B) TK
    • When you consider narrative structure and key details, DS-SW and DS-JH are siamese twins. As a drama writer, why painstakingly establish this mirror image *instead* of crafting a convincing OTP? Oh! that's right. Because DS-JH is not the main OTP. *dances away DR style*

If I were to be floating alone in the sea, I know I would like to have your narrative knowledge to hang on to. *Dance together with @Meliere DR style with knowing look* wink wink

Shoutout to @gerimisore, your art works are amaaazing. Thanks so much for sharing with us here!

• Like 14

@mangachickava. As far as I understood  from watching  R97, future scenes were all trolling that's why I haven't  been trying  to  make sense out of clues. So  assumptions that based on Lee Mi Yeon, husband and Junghwan's mannerism, the one who knows DS's first crush is Junghwan, are kinda ironic...BUT I appreciate double photo clue because  it kinda turned out to be symbol of bromance, right?  

Edit: By the way I'm always skeptical about end game but when it comes to defending SunTaek interactions I put things bluntly please hold me back when someone says Taek treats Deok Sun almost fatherly lol "What do want? I will buy you anything!"

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcROoFvfpK8Zg6NRjnGRuh5

• Like 5