Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

@aoikarin I love your post! =D

Shall we count the times that DS act very girlfriend like with Taekie? ( I know some points have been discussed waaay before while the episodes were happening, shall we treat it as a summary of sorts? )

1) Ep7 Mannito : She's all : Please let it be Taek hahaha Even after JH bought the correct 'model' the one Lee Mi Yeon was knitting that she was admiring... She still chose to wear his mittens over 

She was SUPER happy when she thought Taekie bought her those gloves the next morning... still picked the mittens that Taekie bought later 

2) Ep 8 : She totally noted that he had his bag in the morning before he left for the Baduk club

3) Ep 9 : She went to his room and its like what's his is hers... She just took whatever she needed lol ( Even his pink sweater, which was a funny meta joke becos its Park Bo Gum's sweater ) 

She was also totally happy with taking care of Taekie like a wifey, she even gave him TWO heating mats and kept none for herself...Laying out his clothes... Queuing in the freezing cold ( er you forgot to bring your mittens though?) for sushi which apparently he WILL eat before matches hahaha She knows what he likes to eat and can digest! ;)
( ~ I always want to say this: You can't lose in this if your dad helps you create opportunities hahaha ) 

4) Ep 10 : She has no qualms spending his money for an expensive meal... nags at him not to be so gullible... And that swoony worthy beach playing scene... That brings a huge smile to my face no matter how many times I see it

5) Ep 11: Taek doesn't learn how to read her mood and emotions and got beat up real good... This proves she doesn't treat him like an untouchable 'treasure' hahahah 

I need to go do some other stuff now hahaha anyone wants to pick up where I leave off? thanks...

• Like 19

Someone from db sed this and now I'm getting worked up a bit too if this is giving any particular message.

Spoiler

"I think there is a lot more to be said about the fact that JH was working on that math problem for so long. DR called him “답답해” or frustrating, and urged him to move onto the next problem while taek was being shown as super competitive with galaga.

I think highlighting both of these parts of their personalities is only gonna break our hearts more later when DS chooses her husband, bc JH will actually move onto the next problem (or girl) while taek is going against his competitive nature of using hard work and persistence to obtain his goals, and concede."

----

However I still can't see JH  as  the bad boy type...That he would move on to math/or his next goal in life makes more sense...like his study rather than girls...While taek does not have anything else to do other than the game in his life..

• Like 10

27 minutes ago, Phuong Tam Nguyen said:

For point 11, DS was grumpy and said "Nothing is smooth. Everything is frustrating." and she sighs :( Wow, our DS actually expected to have a nice movie date with TK. She said this to the gang after being asked "Why are you here at the reading room?" and she replied "Why can't I study?" So, I guess the frustration here comes from both her concern for her own future and the fact that TK couldn't make it for the date. 

That's the irony, guys.  Remember when Deoksun said "I need to study. I have no time to spend with you." but in the end...she felt bad about NOT spending time with him. Now, she went at the study room to study (yeah because she needs to) but you can tell that Deoksun starts to need him too..his presence seems to matter even more now. INTERESTING. As they say,  irony is that it takes noise to appreciate silence & absence to value presence. #DearWriterNim #DontBreakOurHearts #WeTrustYou :D

• Like 24

5 minutes ago, nearsea said:

Someone from db sed this and now I'm getting worked up a bit too if this is giving any particular message.

Hide contents

I think there is a lot more to be said about the fact that JH was working on that math problem for so long. DR called him “답답해” or frustrating, and urged him to move onto the next problem while taek was being shown as super competitive with galaga.

I think highlighting both of these parts of their personalities is only gonna break our hearts more later when DS chooses her husband, bc JH will actually move onto the next problem (or girl) while taek is going against his competitive nature of using hard work and persistence to obtain his goals, and concede.

This is a nice point but after DR told JH to move on to the next problem, we didn't see if JH actually moved on or not. On the other hand, we got to see TK take a step back and although he's competitive, I believe when it comes to love and the conflicts between love and friendship, as seen from TK's knowing nod before making that cancellation call, he is sure about what he is doing. So, is TK the one who moves on rather than JH? As seen lately, JH still helped DS stand stably on the bus, hesitated to come to DS when she cried, was reluctant to pass her the coat in TK's room. Does it mean JH still linger on this and not move on yet?

I don't know haha :) This show is full of surprise ^^

• Like 12

@nearsea. Somewhat it looks like only we keep talking about Junghwan lol but I noticed same thing as the poster you quote from. Junghwan seemed different to me maybe it was his vibe what changed. I see real concern for Taek there, has he been thinking  Taek will get rejected or won't be able to confess because of photo thing? I dunno maybe I'm blinded by bromance but Junghwan wasn't concerned about possibility of losing Deok Sun it's like he can give up on her only because it's Taek whom he believes will make Deok Sun happy. It's not like he can't make her happier but it's just bromance understanding lol. You see he ought to notice Deok Sun's behavior changed too. Since we are talking about irony here I think I'm not mistaken cuz when they emphasized Taek's competitiveness I knew he won't do it too and he won't only  be sad but also dissatisfied. I think Junghwan got it lets see how he will act upon.

• Like 10

@Phuong Tam Nguyen Lol yeah...but I fear whether RJY's soaring popularity would result in writer altering the plot in a major way..=/...hope not.And yeah I like your observation on JH's acts..he is still invested in DS ..and asking after her...while  taek being the player he is...'is more the acting fast on his resolution' kind..So here he resolved to ring DS as soon as he took the decision  and firmly sticked to it till the end.

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, nearsea said:

Reveal hidden contents

I think there is a lot more to be said about the fact that JH was working on that math problem for so long. DR called him “답답해” or frustrating, and urged him to move onto the next problem while taek was being shown as super competitive with galaga.

I think highlighting both of these parts of their personalities is only gonna break our hearts more later when DS chooses her husband, bc JH will actually move onto the next problem (or girl) while taek is going against his competitive nature of using hard work and persistence to obtain his goals, and concede.

I don't think the game is over... he is "strategically retreating." Lose the battle to win the war... He is a very patient man.

Is it me, or my delusion is kicking particularly hard today, I have just finished rewatching episode 12. Noeul is watching the coverage of Baduk game in which "Choi Taek 6-dan was lost to Yoo Jin Ho, 9-dan by only a few points, in a match that lasted 10 hours and 30 minutes"  then come the first shoulder-to-lean-on moment...... and after he actually posed the question "is  it okay if I lose?" (episode 13), he won big and thus the esteemed  fujitsu bowl graced the Sung's house...

Since his move (that first snow in episode 6), it's been 10 episodes (and a half?) to the point where he canceled the date and stepped down... Oh the "bowl" (this ship's sailing) is in sight, people...  

• Like 15

@nearsea yeah I cross my fingers, my hands, my legs and my brain to pray that the writer will do justice to all characters. Even if TK is not the husband, the show should show us and convince us that the girl TK meets later has a meaningful story with him, not like CB ot TW's cases :) 

Here's one funny thing. I guess if DR turns out to be the husband, both TK-DS and JH-DS shippers will congratulate DR-DS couple in acceptance after being tremendously trolled haha :D

• Like 7

@mustardmaimai Omg those pics with bogummy are such treasures :)) The first pic reminded me of my favorite scene of the whole Naeil Cantabile drama, the part where he was smiling happily as he conducts the whole orchestra to their unique take on mambo. Ugh he's like ther only person I know who can smile like that, its just too adorable it can be called perfect.

• Like 6

off topic but uri Bogum gonna be MC for KBS drama award

that mean i need to watch the full award show which i usually skip for my fav cut only lol

that boy is super busy im glad the show have one week hiatus for the actors health sake

• Like 15

Gummy bear will be an MC for the upcoming KBS drama awards. PBG is really on a roll. How dies he even manage his schedule? More grease to his elbow.

@nearsea if the writer gets to choose RJY based in popularity, I would be disappointed but fine with it because the pressure from the public can sway the way a writer depicts his/her story. Its what we call Fan service.

As writers,it is essential to connect with your characters on an emotional level and make the audience/readers move at the same pace in which you are going. Often times there are pressures to change the direction of the story when people feel like a certain character has to be the head thereby causing the writer/author to get swayed by how the audience want the story to unfold which can be far from what the writer originally wanted to do. 

The thing is, JH-DS shippers might think the story is vying towards TK because of PBG(I have seen so many posts about it and I want to tell them its not true but I just tell myself its their opinion) but it might not be so. The same thing goes for us the TK-DS shippers who might think the soaring popularity of RJY will make the writer change direction towards JH.

Lol, its a normal thing. But we can only hope the writer(s) Go for the real story instead of swaying towards what fans want. We can never tell. 

We should just enjoy what we are given cuz ANYTHING can happen later. 

• Like 10

We have 2 weeks to endure and about 4 episodes left. What I realized in this series is that we are given more of the POVs of the male leads rather than the female lead. I find this interesting because this means that the story can go one way or the other because DS is the real key that will move the plot. It is important to see what the guys do to win her heart but it is more important to see what she thinks about those actions and how she will act towards them. Every time we see her react to something, we are drawn to how it will affect the story in terms of the loveline. Whether she chooses SW, JH, TK or DR is something we don't know (well for SW's case we do know). We haven't really seen much of her view and I hope in the coming episodes, we will finally get the chance. We already know that she is this lively, bit brute yet sweet and caring sister, daughter and friend that can do amazing things as long as she gives her all (hopefully this applies for her studies as well) now what we need to know is what she feels exactly for the 2 guys in particular. We have seen her reciprocate JH's previous moves on her but it was when JH decided to lay low thus frustrating her on why he's suddenly acting like he doesn't like her and the reason why she started acting like that was because she got influenced by her friends. Being a teenager in her spring time of youth, she jumps into the world of romance without really understanding what it means to love. All she probably knew about it was the sweet moments shared by a man and a woman through the novels and movies she has watched and read. Maybe wanting to experience those she then becomes a girl who is looking for someone who likes her. After misunderstanding SW's actions and experiencing heartbreak for the first time she becomes more wary of the things that her friends point out but with JH's answer when she asked whether or not she should go to a blind date, this has given her a new opportunity to experience that feeling when 2 people like each other, only she gets disappointed because as we all know JH backs out for TK. Now that she's facing the harsh reality that her grades are not doing well, she decides to really start focusing on studying but by this time DR has already talked to her about what it is that she wants so maybe along the lines she is also trying to find that out and that could be the reason why she is suddenly back to normal with JH, but the fact that she misunderstood about the shirt should be taken to account as well (I do hope that got cleared up) We also know that DS can hold a grudge so maybe she's acting cold towards JH because she's still upset about the shirt just like how bitter she was when she found out SW likes BR. Tho she probably knows JH is somehow attracted to her, she doesn't really know what to do about it because even though she tried to show interest to him as well, she was "rejected" in a way. Idk what I'm talking about anymore lol. I just really wanted to shay how important it is to know what is on DS mind more than knowing about the 2 guys.

I want to add how we are shown of how confident she is that she knows TK the best, how protective she is in who he interacts with, how she is very attentive to his needs and even how she is very keen on making sure he is taking care of him self (not skipping meals or at least eating one meal, lessening the meds and getting more proper rest) and her saying how TK doesn't always need to win. Recently I got updated with a manga (will not tell the title to avoid spoilers) the lead character there realized that he had fallen for the girl for a while now and the reason why he didn't realized it was because it was a feeling that slowy developed and grew on him. To have that girl by his side was just so natural and gives him this nice feeling that he never really thought that it was love until he was questioned on who he likes and what his feelings could be for the girl. I'm wondering if maybe DS is like that too, she doesn't know it but she's in love but haha maybe this is just me being delulu xD ok I'm done for realz

Edited by meguna
  • Like 13

@salz Seo In Guk was the MC last year^^ Bogum is the MC this time. It would be fun to see Seo In Guk & Park Bo Gum...I mean, Hyun & Min.....Hmm, Yoon Jae & Taek together on that day to ease our longing for reply 1988. Hahaha. It would be super awesome if Shi Won (Jung Eun Ji) attends too. :D:D:D #minireunion #earlycrossover

• Like 13

11 minutes ago, lady65432 said:

@salz Seo In Guk was the MC last year^^ Bogum is the MC this time. It would be fun to see Seo In Guk & Park Bo Gum...I mean, Hyun & Min.....Hmm, Yoon Jae & Taek together on that day to ease our longing for reply 1988. Hahaha. It would be super awesome if Shi Won (Jung Eun Ji) attends too. :D:D:D #minireunion #earlycrossover

ahhh i really?i don't remember watching last year kbs award or maybe i only saw little bit? i have bad memory smh m(_ _)m but i do remember seeing Inguk in award show last year maybe that one bad bad memory maybe i have watch just forgot XD

i rarely wanna watch the whole show since it long XD

im sure In Guk gonna appear as guest with I Remember You cast (i forgot are they under KBS?)and watching proudly his lil bro hosting :wub:

well Eunji appear in KBS ent already so there 3 Reply connection with Bogum, Eunji and Kim Joo hyuk last night XD

maybe Eunji can appear again in Kbs award or they can have Hyeri as one of presenter??i want Bogum to see celeb Hyeri lol:P

i always love reunion 

• Like 4

so I joined with guys in uri Taekies room ahahah :D Annyeoong! :blush::blush::blush::blush:

After the latest episode, my heart is bleeding for uri Taek :bawling: and I can only say that I love him a tons more after this episode. Seeing him so miserable, makes my heart ache. :bawling: It's okay Taekie-ah, if DS doesn't want you, come to me...I'll love you instead ahahahah :w00t: (I'm serious) 

Well, I don't see DS&JH as the main couple of R1988 (it's mainly the DS&JH shippers who created that illusion, lol) actually at this point, we don't really know it...the main couple could be DS&T as well, lol. There's no main couple, not until we know who DS really, like jinja jinjjja has feelings for. She just seems to be exactly one of those people who just might try to like someone because they like her...Does she really like JH? Or does she like the idea of liking him? because she thinks he likes her? you know what I mean? These things are quite usual in rl too. lol. Please Deok-sun ah, wake up and realize your feelings for Taekie are love, LOL. :heart:

btw... You know what irritates me the most when it comes to shipping? When some shippers say that "they should be together because they met first" or "because he liked her first" lmao, that is not a reason for a ship to be together. idk, I'm just sooo sick of hearing that. Like for an example in this drama. So what if JH noticed DS and started showing feelings towards her first? Is that a reason they should be endgame? what? omg, no.

.... and how long has taekie liked her again? :expressionless:

tumblr_inline_nwwty0sjQl1qdyews_500.gif

• Like 11

33 minutes ago, meguna said:

We have 2 weeks to endure and about 4 episodes left. What I realized in this series is that we are given more of the POVs of the male leads rather than the female lead. I find this interesting because this means that the story can go one way or the other because DS is the real key that will move the plot. It is important to see what the guys do to win her heart but it is more important to see what she thinks about those actions and how she will act towards them. Every time we see her react to something, we are drawn to how it will affect the story in terms of the loveline. Whether she chooses SW, JH, TK or DR is something we don't know (well for SW's case we do know). We haven't really seen much of her view and I hope in the coming episodes, we will finally get the chance. We already know that she is this lively, bit brute yet sweet and caring sister, daughter and friend that can do amazing things as long as she gives her all (hopefully this applies for her studies as well) now what we need to know is what she feels exactly for the 2 guys in particular. We have seen her reciprocate JH's previous moves on her but it was when JH decided to lay low thus frustrating her on why he's suddenly acting like he doesn't like her and the reason why she started acting like that was because she got influenced by her friends. Being a teenager in her spring time of youth, she jumps into the world of romance without really understanding what it means to love. All she knew about it was the sweet moments shared by a man and a woman, maybe wanting to experience those she then becomes a girl who is looking for someone who likes her. After misunderstanding SW's actions and experiencing heartbreak for the first time she becomes more wary of the things that her friends point out but with JH's answer when she asked whether or not she should go to a blind date, this has given her a new opportunity to experience that feeling when 2 people like each other, only she gets disappointed because as we all know JH backs out for TK. Now that she's facing the harsh reality that her grades are not doing well, she decides to really start focusing on studying but by this time DR has already talked to her about what it is that she wants so maybe along the lines she is also trying to find that out and that could be the reason why she is suddenly back to normal with JH, but the fact that she misunderstood about the shirt should be taken to account as well (I do hope that got cleared up) We also know that DS can hold a grudge so maybe she's acting cold towards JH because she's still upset about the shirt just like how bitter she was when she found out SW likes BR. Tho she probably knows JH is somehow attracted to her, she doesn't really know what to do about it because even though she tried to show interest to him as well, she was "rejected" in a way. Idk what I'm talking about anymore lol. I just really wanted to shay how important it is to know what is on DS mind more than knowing about the 2 guys.

I want to had how we are shown of how confident she is that she knows TK the best, how protective she is in who he interacts with, how she is very attentive to his needs and even how she is very keen on making sure he is taking care of him self (not skipping meals or at least eating one meal, lessening the meds and getting more proper rest) and her saying how TK doesn't always need to win. Recently I got updated with a manga (will not tell the title to avoid spoilers) the lead character there realized that he had fallen for the girl for a while now and the reason why he didn't realized it was because it was a feeling that slowy developed and grew on him. To have that girl by his side was just so natural and gives him this nice feeling that he never really thought that it was love until he was questioned on who he likes and what his feelings could be for the girl. I'm wondering if maybe DS is like that too, she doesn't know it but she's in love but haha maybe this is just me being delulu xD ok I'm done for realz

Actually I don't know if the shirt misunderstanding is this great a pivotal point other than for her to squash whatever crush she had on JH becos of her friend's suggestions, he was already blowing more cold than hot that's why the crush did not survive this error... This just goes to show how important it is in a relationship to clear misunderstandings IMMEDIATELY... thank you writers for letting Taek clear his mannito one that very same day so our DS had a happy and not miserable Christmas!

As for what DS feels...here is her face expression after Taek told her he has someone he likes and is planning to confess soon... That is not a happy/excited/curious or worried / naggy mode like she was for No Eul right? =)

CXOpbE1UEAAnLMg.jpg

• Like 15

I remember reading this post from one of our friends here [can't remember who,damn my stupid brain] which is an absolutely amazing find..Yes I'm talking about the first snow confession of sun woo when  deok sun is having the first and foremost  heartbreak  of her life..and out of nowhere comes the phone from taek along with the voice over.I'm quoting this part from db ...

"Lee Moon-se concludes his radio broadcast by saying that if you happen to be one of those people out there who have yet to receive a confession from the one you love, “Don’t be too sad. Someone else might be loving you right this minute… and might suddenly confess that they’ve liked you for a very long time.”

Right on cue, someone calls Deok-sun’s house and asks for her. She picks it up, and OMG—it’s Taekie! He’s on the payphone outside the baduk training center just looking out at the snow. She makes sure nothing’s wrong and tells him to hurry home because it’s after midnight."

This surely was a dramatic moment.Sometimes when something amazing is happening,we forget to notice it,but they sure comes back to you when it's the right time.Thanks to whoever posted this.

• Like 20

@st4rdust Annyeong ^^ I agree with what you said though I was just trying to say that we should also thiNk about the shirt thing as to why DS is acting cold towards JH, liKe maybe she still wants JH to notice her but because of the shirt thing she's being bitter. But we don't really know much (or at least I don't xD)

• Like 4

20 hours ago, meguna said:

Also, could it be that the reason why JH kept staring at his wallet is not just because there's a picture of him and DS there but because of the "possibility" that TK has seen that picture and things might get messy because of it, which has in fact. Lol idk it just suddenly came to my mind.

Yeah, Taek may not have put the picture back properly because he was rushing to close it when he realised DS was waiting outside the door!

• Like 7