Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

This is Tk-DS shipper thread so I'm gonna say it....I'm 99.9% sure TK is DS's husband...

Watch this Reply 1988 casts special interview clip again, and the seating arrangements make so much sense now! :D

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1DWLWrgq_6A

Look at the seating arrangements this way...aside from JaHyun the VJ...

Reply 1988 is about Baduk genius, Choi Taek's early life, from his wife, Sung Deok Sun point of view as they grew up on the same block together with brother in law Sun Woo, close neighbors Jung Hwan & Dong Ryung (Note: JH was DS closest neighbor, DR was TK closest neighbor), along with her brother Na Eul, sister Bora and her best friend Man Ok who dated their neighborhood oppa Jung Bo.

See the connections here...PD Shin isnt sumone who set up things blindly without reason. If so then why don't they put JH first, then SW, then DS, BR, DR, TK and so on...the seating arrangements has it purpose.  DS was telling a story. ..

I'm too lazy to screen capture the clip & I can't find pictures of it anymore. ..

• Like 23

Don't know about the 30 second clip on supposed jh's voice insertion,but I was looking at the reply'88 cover photo again.So Deok Sun has her hands around both of the guys,that she had crush on,SW and JH in order.And,tk is seated far away from her.The way she's always around sun woo and JH,becase they're her school buddy and they belong to same class/year..it's a given right that she had crush on them first and foremost,rather than tk,who was never around...I wonder if it again says something.Btw,it takes serious level of works and dedication to put these much thoughts into a drama years before it took place.Amazed by the pd-writer team..!

• Like 11

3 hours ago, hafunohane said:

Went back to episode 7 today and I’m seriously overwhelmed by the amount of things that I didn’t catch until just now…. *Taeks a deep breath* WARNING: IMAGE- HEAVY, LENGTHY POST AHEAD. (took me quite a while to compile this list because of the screencaps haha fun times).

PART 1/2

- More similarities between BR- TK:

1.    The most obvious one: BR & TK were the first two people that departed JH's house after they picked a name.

Screen_Shot_2016_01_06_at_11_47_18_PM.pnScreen_Shot_2016_01_06_at_11_47_53_PM.pn

2.   Both BR and TK went against the rules/tradition of Christmas in a way. TK completely abandoned the first rule of manito that JB mentioned seconds before and innocently announced who he got. JB immediately got nervous hahaha. 

Screen_Shot_2016_01_06_at_11_50_22_PM.pnScreen_Shot_2016_01_06_at_11_52_49_PM.pn

(and btw, we all know who was the next person to say the exact same thing right after TK blew JB’s cover)

Screen_Shot_2016_01_06_at_11_46_06_PM.pnScreen_Shot_2016_01_06_at_11_46_10_PM.pn

BR too, couldn’t care less about preserving a kid’s belief in Santa’s existence. Poor JJ lol! And i think that both BR and TK did what they did not because they meant to break the tradition, but because these actions align with their character.

Screen_Shot_2016_01_06_at_11_51_10_PM.pnScreen_Shot_2016_01_06_at_11_51_19_PM.pn

3.    There’s only 1 other person that completely forgot about the manito game besides TK: BR. She misunderstood SW’s present as a romantic gesture so she was caught off- guard when SW said it’s for the manito game.

Screen_Shot_2016_01_07_at_12_46_28_AM.pnScreen_Shot_2016_01_07_at_12_46_09_AM.pn

Also, when DS was down because TK also forgot about the present, NL mistook the culprit for BR when it was TK that made DS upset. BR of ALL people... Why?

Screen_Shot_2016_01_07_at_12_51_54_AM.pn

4.    Speaking of the manito, we’re only shown two pairs of manito partners talk about the present outside on the streets, late at night, on the D-day. One is TK-DS, and the other is BR-SW. notice the camera angle....

Screen_Shot_2016_01_07_at_12_46_57_AM.pnScreen_Shot_2016_01_07_at_12_43_19_AM.pn

5.    I’m sure we have noticed the countless amounts of TK after shower’s scene with the white towel that this drama has bestowed upon us. Guess what, BR also has her own trademark repetitive scenes. In this episode alone, I counted her doing it twice.

Screen_Shot_2016_01_07_at_12_45_27_AM.pnScreen_Shot_2016_01_07_at_12_47_50_AM.pn

Moreover, here’s an eerily similar outfit that they have while caught in their trademark scene: a plain white t-shirt. Look up then look down:

Screen_Shot_2016_01_07_at_12_53_00_AM.pn

6.    BR and TK “exchanged” colors in ep7. Assuming TK is sometimes green, we can see here that BR is wearing a GREEN towel against her purple sweatshirt. And we know that TK’s other pillow is purple, but here I noticed that the gloves paper wrap for his dad is PURPLE. TK also sported a striped PURPLE shirt this episode when they did the manito game at JH's house.

Screen_Shot_2016_01_07_at_12_16_20_AM.pnScreen_Shot_2016_01_07_at_12_49_24_AM.pn

7.    Two highlighted umbrella scenes happened today. In both occasions, one waited for the other with umbrella for him/ her. In TK’s case, his dad waited outside the club until TK came out. In SW’s case, he waited in the library, checked the time, and went out right before BR’s car arrived.

Screen_Shot_2016_01_06_at_11_58_29_PM.pnScreen_Shot_2016_01_06_at_11_57_44_PM.pnScreen_Shot_2016_01_06_at_11_56_32_PM.pnScreen_Shot_2016_01_07_at_12_14_25_AM.pn

8.    We know that TK is a picky eater from EP 9 and 10: he doesn’t digest Chinese food well and won’t eat the raw meat. Now, lo and behold, second picky eater of the block frowned at her parent's remark after she refused the oysters. 

Screen_Shot_2016_01_07_at_12_00_06_AM.pnScreen_Shot_2016_01_07_at_12_00_14_AM.pn

- The other things that caught my eye in this episode. these aren’t necessarily TK/ TK-DS related so I’m putting it under spoiler:

Reveal hidden contents

1.    There are another set of dolls too in TK’s room (it's TK room, JH is just there) LOL. I have no theory about this so I’ll just leave the screencap here in case anybody wants to taek a stab at it.

Screen_Shot_2016_01_06_at_11_54_02_PM.pn

2.    I noticed TWO MAJOR FORESHADOWING in this episode. The first one is with JH’s dad. Remember how in EP 10 he was soooo sulky on his birthday? Guess what he said to Sungdaddy and Papabear on Papabear’s birthday this episode?

Screen_Shot_2016_01_07_at_12_39_29_AM.pn

3.    Now, the next one is actually soooo obvious. But I seriously didn’t realize this until just now. Look at how the parents are positioned here. It’s the two husband and wives on one side of the street, with the future couple on the other end, and the framing went from the 2 married couples to SW’s mom and Papabear singled out in the next second. Slow clap to the R1988 for the umph-teenth time they blew my mind with their attention to detail.

Screen_Shot_2016_01_07_at_1_00_04_AM.pngScreen_Shot_2016_01_07_at_1_00_08_AM.pngSWmom_TKdad.png

So that's it for now. This first part is just a warm-up. I’ll post the part 2 soon which is about JH-DS-TK. *Note to self: better learn how to edit/ shorten thoughts lol* Btw @lady65432, i would even argue against the genius trait that CB and TK supposedly shared. I know CB isn't a natural genius at baseball. in R1994 they made a point to show that he is not born a talented baseball genius, just extremely hardworking and determined to become better. TK, on the other hand, I think is gifted with that brain. Of course he improved with practice too for Baduk, but i remember countless times that the gang comments on how TK is good at other things (would be better at studying than DS/DR, JB wants his help to solve the rubik's cube, the quiz answer that he got right on EP 0, blue marble game, galaga, etc.) CB on the other hand, is stupid. Like he isn't very academically accomplished compared to the rest of the gang. The similarity is more like that they have a devoted passion for one field, and they made a successful career out of it. 

So it means Taek probably has the same short tempered like Bora? Like after he met Deok Sun and the gang he became soft? Or hiding his personality? Im so sorry I dont really understand the reasons why the writer make this Taek-Bora similarities..

• Like 5

5 hours ago, shooastrid said:

Guys, please read this chocolate there'sTeam'se@packmule3 on  the main thread love. Gosh! So much goodies in such a short time . I hope it's one of the good karma that we get from enduring the longest underwater stealthy shipping ever. Lol.

Btw indeed, now that she pointed out, the attention should be directed at the jacket? Anyone willing to have a take on this theory? But wait, if what she said was true, then the guy she mentioned in her diary could be someone else other than SW?

Hide contents

Sorry i have to disagree with this one becos of the date on Kim's appa video cam clearly recorded 22nd September 1988, so the time frame fits the time she was in love with SW. She participated in the olympic just for the opening ceremony on 17th September 1988, so her friends first meeting with SW & the gang happened before the opening ceremony. Prior to SW, DS never has a crush on anyone, as she narrated twice stating that SW was her first love ... the first time when SW came looking for her to go eat ramyun at Taek's (Note: After she narrated that's how her first love started, there's a shriek of laughter followed...I guess it even sounded funny to future DS)... the second time she mentioned in her postcard to LSM giving SW romanized initials as her first love.

My point is she's definitely had a crush on SW in that time frame, so she certainly gave it to SW. Weather SW received it or not is another story. But i think he did becos JJ was seen eating chocolate not long after.

• Like 13

8 minutes ago, hermess-san said:

So it means Taek probably has the same short tempered like Bora? Like after he met Deok Sun and the gang he became soft? Or hiding his personality? Im so sorry I dont really understand the reasons why the writer make this Taek-Bora similarities..

Probably its a sign showing that taek will get a loveline like bora does. Everything described by hafunohane is about couples.

1. Bora x sun woo

2. SW omma x taek appa

3. Taek x ds? (Hopefully)

• Like 9

19 minutes ago, hermess-san said:

May be that's why DS can be comfortable around TK because although DS argues a lot with BR, their sisterhood is still evident. and yeah, TK may have hidden sides that DS has not known yet, just like DS does not know a lot of things about BR.

• Like 10

@lxands Could it be that she just wanted to give him chocolates without any specific reason? I mean *think about it,we have been looking at two obvious contender all these time....while ignored the bowl cut love sick genius who has been in front of us ...and in the same screen as the other two..lol.

• Like 6

@nasoken @Phuong Tam Nguyen 

Thank you so much. I got it now :)

@lxands I still think the chocolate for the husband. I cant prove it but if the husbAnd is Taek maybe the bag n coat its like symbol(i know it doesnt makes sense). Bag for people going to school coat/jacket for those who work. Or maybe Sunwoo borrow Taek's jacket. Just my opinion

• Like 8

As much as i usually enjoy packmule's post, i do think this one abut the chocolate is a bit off.

@st4rdust covered most of my concern too on the MT. In short, i think that chocolate is really meant for Sunwoo at that time, cause she clearly state Sunwoo as her first love in the postcard for Starry Sky. Therefore, whatever happens between Summer 1988 (where her friends start noticing SW's action towards DS) until the first day of snow, i believe all of it are meant for her first love which is SW, including the diary. Meaning, future DS just forget about it, cause it's not something to remember maybe?

What could be a hint is, Junghwan already read that postcard, so he knows all about DS' first love story, so at the very least he should be able to deduce the chocolate in the diary is for SW, no need to question it again. However, if Taek only read about it from the diary (or get told by someone, a.k.a Bora or someone else), he probably wouldn't know for whom that chocolate is, hence the husband's question.

However, once again it's up to the writer how she want to resolve this mini hints slapped here and there. She could give us an unknown flashback to show that DS indeed give another chocolate to someone else, etc etc. Who knows? :P

• Like 12