Ryu Jun Yeol 류준열 - [Best New TV Actor for 52nd Baeksang Arts Awards + Drama Category Rookie Male Award for AAA]

Howlol

23 minutes ago, tituyphing said:

I think we should do the convo here~~~ ehhehe @callmegiggles @leekyuphii if PBG and RJY in 1N2D :

Hide contents

@leekyuphii 's idea makes me imagining, IF PBG and RJY are really invited, I want the preview like this :

we see PBG on the preview with all sweet smiles of him and he's bringing a friend which is blurred out, but then this guy speaks on his low tone "come early on Sunday because there is 1n2d" (ilyoil e iljjik danyeo, ilbakiil isseunika) and the whole nation def will tune in knowing whose voice it is, and Ryu Hojin PD will harvest the praises!! oh how I wish for it to come true.

I said before I don't want RJY on any variety show, but I am so approve 1n2d, it has a good recognition nowadays and beside it's a manly show, who can bring out everything good from the cast or guest. the show won't do excessive editing just for joke or rating. the staff also so nice to members and guests.

@Kelly86 hihihi it's actually an interview skit, :) not a real interview~~ and produced by KAFA (korean academy of film arts) but he is really convincing, as if he's doing sort of interview and he almost makes me believe that is the real him in real life ahahaha... :confounded:

LOL is it safer to do the convo here? Like, seriously, I dunno where the convo should go. Doesn't fit into the 1n2d thread, the Reply 1988 thread or any shippers thread. This RJY thread also feels a little outta place haha! Unless there's a TaekHwan thread then this will probably fit in nicely ;) Anyway, first time visiting and commenting so hello everyone! Lots of peeps from the JHxDS thread I see :) 

Lol but they gotta blur out both PBG and RJY! And use RJY's deep voice for the preview. And call them both daesenam (Boys that are in trend. Sorry prolly messed up the romanization).

Ha. Depends on how you consider the staff 'nice'. Feeding the boys peanut butter and letting them sleep outside ya-ya (outdoors-outdoors). Darn, now I really wanna see RJY and PBG on 1n2d. Maybe they will start shedding tears cos of the peanut butter LOL

I'm sorry but should all of this go under a spoiler tag? If so, I'm terribly sorry and lemme know and I'll edit it ;) 

• Like 3

On 1/6/2016 at 3:15 PM, callmegiggles said:

LOL is it safer to do the convo here? Like, seriously, I dunno where the convo should go. Doesn't fit into the 1n2d thread, the Reply 1988 thread or any shippers thread. This RJY thread also feels a little outta place haha! Unless there's a TaekHwan thread then this will probably fit in nicely ;) Anyway, first time visiting and commenting so hello everyone! Lots of peeps from the JHxDS thread I see :) 

Lol but they gotta blur out both PBG and RJY! And use RJY's deep voice for the preview. And call them both daesenam (Boys that are in trend. Sorry prolly messed up the romanization).

Ha. Depends on how you consider the staff 'nice'. Feeding the boys peanut butter and letting them sleep outside ya-ya (outdoors-outdoors). Darn, now I really wanna see RJY and PBG on 1n2d. Maybe they will start shedding tears cos of the peanut butter LOL

I'm sorry but should all of this go under a spoiler tag? If so, I'm terribly sorry and lemme know and I'll edit it ;) 

LOL! I'm all behind a TaekHwan thread. These two in the BTS can give all the other shippers camp a run for their money :lol:

In all seriousness, the idea of RJY and PBG in 1N2D would be great! 

Whoa, it's been a while I have checked this thread. I thought the thread wasn't moving for a while but there're activities! Hi peeps! 

• Like 2

So.. after the great ride that is episode 17, I've been debating with myself whether I liked RJY as himself or Kim Jung Hwan.. 

I've seen him on Socialphobia (mind you without subs and I can't understand a thing other than 'Ya!') and finds him okay there. I've seen his fancam and interviews and finds him adorable.. but all in all not as much as him as KJH. I feel guilty in a way... lol

So I'm really looking forward to Glory Days and his other projects to cement RJY's name under my list of oppas (and dongsaengs) :wub: and yes oh please let him be in a popular variety show like 1N2D or Youth Over Flower or 3 Meals or anything funny please please casting directorsss.. he's a hot commodity ya know *wink*

But one thing for sure, "YANG GE TV!" will always be a thing for me. Keh

• Like 1

@arumdaun I guess many likes Ryun Jun Yeol now partly because of the influence by Jung Hwan's character. I'm pretty sure I belong to one of them. I do like his fanservice behind the screen that shows his sincerity as an up and coming newbie. I haven't watch all his past works so I can't judge but I'm definitely looking forward to his interviews after Reply 1988 is over. I'm already like what I have read so far in some of his previous interviews. He gets both my thumbs up when he said he doesn't engage in addictive things like smoking and drinking and he learnt to accept his looks (which is not considered main stream beauty). Sure a rare Korean person to have not thought of relying on plastic surgery. So yes, I want to have a greater insight of his character thru interviews to see if I like him as person (so far, I do!). And him being funny in real life as opposed to being tsundere as Jung Hwan shows that his acting is really awesome. Whoever cast him in not yet released movies are now striking gold. He has small roles cos he was still a newbie but now with his fame from Reply 1988, his names are use as one of the marketing tools to promote those movies. I still don't know if I want him to focus on movies or continue with dramas after Reply ends...

I wish TAXI can bring in all 5 ssangmundong kids but with Lee Dong Hwi and Ryu Jung Yeol only, I think it's going to be real funny. 

And his photos from weibo. Hehehe, he forgot to write one character "Le" in "Xin Nian Kuai Le" (Happy New Year).

I still can't get over the fact that he looks so good after time jump :wub:

006m5BFVgw1ezva0vsvszj30f00qogpj.jpg

006m5BFVgw1ezvb5iaj8jj3112112n66.jpg

Omo omo. Just realised Jun Yeol has V app live broadcast on Jan 17 at KST 5pm. Yes!

• Like 8

1 hour ago, yumeaki said:

@arumdaun I guess many likes Ryun Jun Yeol now partly because of the influence by Jung Hwan's character.

(SORRY I'M CUTTING YOUR COMMENTS)

I'm already like what I have read so far in some of his previous interviews. He gets both my thumbs up when he said he doesn't engage in addictive things like smoking and drinking and he learnt to accept his looks (which is not considered main stream beauty). 

(AGAIN, MIANHAE FOR THE CUT)

Omo omo. Just realised Jun Yeol has V app live broadcast on Jan 17 at KST 5pm. Yes!

Firstly, whaaaat he has V app?!?! Woohooo I bet it would be super adorable as I often finds him awkward yet endearing in most of his interviews. Did you noticed that he always ends the interviews with a clap? Lol I burst out laughing everytime he does that.

And LMAO at he's accepting his looks!!! Oppa please, if you know how many girls (and maybe boys) who caused riot just to defend his good looks. Thank you for the fact that he is not addicted to drinking and smoking btw, I learned something today :wub:

• Like 2

10 hours ago, arumdaun said:

Firstly, whaaaat he has V app?!?! Woohooo I bet it would be super adorable as I often finds him awkward yet endearing in most of his interviews. Did you noticed that he always ends the interviews with a clap? Lol I burst out laughing everytime he does that.

And LMAO at he's accepting his looks!!! Oppa please, if you know how many girls (and maybe boys) who caused riot just to defend his good looks. Thank you for the fact that he is not addicted to drinking and smoking btw, I learned something today :wub:

I don't think he has his own V app channel? Guess he will appear through his agency C-JeS channel. I don't see his upcoming broadcast appeared in upcoming schedule yet but his facebook is asking for people to submit questions and fanarts for the broadcast. 

Seriously the above pic!!! :wub:

And YES! The claps! I must talk about the claps! For some unknown reason, I really drawn towards the way he claps. He kind of leans forward a bit and slouches slightly when he claps. And the way he cup his hands while clapping... I don't  know how to explain. It's just very uniquely him. His Jung Hwan also claps like that in the drama. Gosh, somebody please make a gif of ALL his clapping actions! 

Him talking about not drinking and smoking can be found in the interview with Max Movie magazine. Eyesonryu has a translation on it. 

http://eyesonryu.tumblr.com/post/134976061647/trans-ryu-jun-yeol-in-max-movie-magazine-may

In order to be a good actor I live a well-ordered life. I don’t eat anything that isn’t good for my health. I don’t drink and I don’t smoke. Anything that will make you addicted, I don’t do it. 

@ichahoo yes yes. I think he's surprised by his popularity too. Thankfully he met a good drama, a good role and most importantly, he has the ability to carry that role. 

• Like 5

Hi all... Its been so long since I posted, but I just gotta come out and share all my feels for RJY. or else I believe I could go nuts.

1. His acting is so natural. to me its interesting how you could almost feel the change in Jungpal as a high schooler and Jungpal as an adult, it not obvious but you could see and feel that he is more seasoned although still as tsundere as ever. I don't how RJY could pull that off so flawlessly..  

and that confession scene, how.. I mean how can he deliver the pain so gracefully, and break hearts with that knowing smile... every line was perfectly deliver with every ounce of pain, regrets and longing, as a fool in love desperately looking for closure (I am still hoping he'd be the husband tho).

2. His hands... oh the boy got the most gorgeous pair of hands :wub: thank you for the earlier post on his hands..

Thank you, guys... for all the translations, IG/FB Updates, they really make my day..

• Like 8

Hi, everyone! Long time no post here. I've been very busy. 

I think it's great that he's going to be on Taxi and the V-app. Based on his preliminary works (pre-debut) and some interviews/clips with other actor friends, RJY seems like he's funny. He admitted himself in one interview (I can't remember where) that he is an energizer among friends. So it seems like a total opposite from his KJH character. We fell in love with him because he makes JH so believable. He has become JH. Because of this, I think he is a wonderful actor. But I also realize that I should become of the actual actor and not the character. That's why I would love to see more of him as himself. Maybe RJY is a type of method acting, wherein he becomes the character while he doing a certain project. From the start of R1988 and even with his ads, he has been acting like KJH so I think fans have not made the distinction between character and actor. I just don't want fans to be disappointed when they realize that RJY may not be like his JH character. 

Too be honest, based on how JH is so hesitant about his feelings in the drama, I don't want him to be fully like JH. I just feel like the KJH character, although loveable, is not very realistic. I'd rather see the always smiling RJY. 

• Like 3

Nice! He has his own thread :D I just wanna stop by and say how much RJY surprises me. I did not have any expectation in the beginning but he is so charming, it's hard to resist. One thing I love most about him is his manly/warm voice :) I especially like it when he was like, "ya! ya ya ya ya!":))))) 

Anyhow, he is around 29-30 now. Does he go the army yet? I hope he already did, then he can be fully active after Reply 1988, I think he's gonna have a lot of activities and drama/cf deals afterwards.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, kaqueski said:

Nice! He has his own thread :D I just wanna stop by and say how much RJY surprises me. I did not have any expectation in the beginning but he is so charming, it's hard to resist. One thing I love most about him is his manly/warm voice :) I especially like it when he was like, "ya! ya ya ya ya!":))))) 

Anyhow, he is around 29-30 now. Does he go the army yet? I hope he already did, then he can be fully active after Reply 1988, I think he's gonna have a lot of activities and drama/cf deals afterwards.

Hello! I think he has already been to the army. I remember reading it somewhere. :)

• Like 5

@kaqueski @pirateparade 

Yeah. I have also read that he has gone to army. I remembered reading that he said in an interview that he practiced signing his autograph during his army days. Frankly... when I first saw his signature, I was like "this is the result of your practice?!!" Hahaha, his signature appeared a bit juvenile to me. But the strokes seem to appeared nicer recently. Maybe he improved with actual signing or it has grown on me :P

• Like 8

On 1/13/2016 at 3:40 AM, fictionista said:

I honestly didn't know this thread existed until @wizengamot told me so here I am. Will be checking in from time to time to see what new projects RJY has lined up for himself once the drama wraps up. :)

Please help spread the Ryu Jun Yeol love <3

I might not be able to continue posting here often, but I hope someone takes initiative to post Eyes on Ryu's updates and translations hehehehehee

I'll be here from time to time! <3

• Like 4

Thank you for making this forum for our hot, cute, and talented Junyeol :) His appearance in Reply 88 has BIG impact on my life lmao

On 12/9/2015 at 1:40 PM, wasted_youth said:

That picture with KSA and the actor I forgot his name pinching his cheek omo he's soooo cute there.

RJY will definitely get busier after this. With fansign events, fc, more movie and tv offers, or perhaps he will join TVN variety program too? 

I hope the same >< he should do variety, too. He has suitable character for variety i think (from what i watch in his random videos on YT lol)

Btw, could somebody post anything about his fancafe? I mean, about how to register, level up, etc.

Thank you and love you guys! ^_^

• Like 1