Ryu Jun Yeol 류준열 - [Best New TV Actor for 52nd Baeksang Arts Awards + Drama Category Rookie Male Award for AAA]

Howlol

Lol the ppl who can't see his charms and aren't captivated by his looks are missing out! Its ok some of the biggest stars are "called" ugly at first but looks don't do it all you need talent too. If you want to ride on looks alone good luck because talent goes a long way.

RJY is here to stay and conquer! :wub: 

• Like 11

@figenfk I'm in too! 

Now I have to find all the info abt the V App thingy and I'm positive that Eyes on Ryu (love those guys) [i momentarily unfollowed everything related to that drama on tumblr because it was too much, but I'm over it now] will do the Taxi episode?

i hope he picks another project quickly and proves people wrong about "average looks that won't go anywhere" :angry::angry::angry:

• Like 5

I never fully stalked his IG but I just did it now omg he has a Yorkie? Wow can this guy get any more awesome. I love dogs, I have 3 pomeranians ehhe. I believe his yorkie is a girl and he named her Amy? argh so much for not studying/taking my korean lessons seriously haha. His dog is so cute if its his lol.

• Like 12

Guys, Check out the VApp to watch him live .. Free download and log in using FB or Twitter. And the schedule shows when it will air on your time zone. So if you have time, tune in. (5pm KST)

Thanks to that drama, now I know RJY! So I can't completely erase it from my mind.. I'm going to try and find his other projects that are subbed.

• Like 6

I originally posted in the Jung Hwan x Deok Sun COUPLE thread.

There may be a few grammatical errors, but I hope this helps cure some JH fans of their disappointment.  The writer(s) really messed up the ending to Reply 1988.  This is my fan fiction ending:

Taek had met a very nice girl who was an up and coming Baduk champion.  The times he was away from home, they would spend many hours together playing the game they both loved so much.  As they grew closer, he started to spend more time away from home and more time with this girl.  He slowly began to discover that his deep feelings for Duk Sun were slowly fading away.

On his last visit home, and although it hurt him to do so to his longtime friend, he finally made the decision to break it off with Duk Sun.  She had spent too many hours partying with friends and working endless hours, and seemed to be there for him, less and less. 

When Taek broke the news to Duk Sun, she was very hurt and did not understand.  She had heard a rumor from the Baduk staff, that Taek was spending a lot of time with a female Baduk Champion from China.  And although she wasn’t sure whether to believe it or not, she also feared visiting him overseas, because she knew she just may learn the truth.   She was very hurt, but did not want him to see her cry, as she hurried along and said she was late for an appointment.

~~~            ~~~

Another Winter had passed and then Spring flew by.  For Duk Sun it was summer again, as she realized that her broken heart had mended much quicker than she first imagined.  Taek was still her childhood friend but no longer her first love, and she was okay with that now.

It was mid-August as walked the warm muggy night from her bus stop back to her home.  As clouds threatened, rain began to pour down heavily, and without an umbrella, she knew she would be completely soaked.  As she ran for cover, someone quickly approached her from behind and offered to share theirs.  She heard the footsteps approaching and in that instant she was frightened, until she saw his face.   

He was home from his military service, and after she lifted her eyes to catch his, she brought them down to meet his warm greeting smile.  “How long has it been?”, she thought to herself.  And even though she hadn’t noticed it much before, she did now.  Jung Hwan had grown into a very attractive man.  She met his smile with her own along with a soft giggle as they both stood there in a moment of silence.  They offered each other small talk as they walked the way home, but he made her promise that they would have dinner together soon. 

She lay in bed thinking of him that night, and that far away evening he jokingly proposed.  She also remembered the ring, as she flashed back to his confession.  She thought about all the times he met her in the rain, and the times he waited for her to walk to school…and the times she caught him starring at her out of the corner of her eye.  Her thoughts went on and on about all the things he had done for her, yet she was so wrapped up in Taek, that she had never really noticed before.

~~~            ~~~

A brisk late Autumn wind gave a sure sign that winter was quickly approaching.  Weeks had rolled by since they began to see each other and go places, daily.   Not just as friends, but to her, it seemed like more.  She thought to herself, “I really like him…does he still like me?”  But neither would confess, waiting for the other to make a stand.

Jung Hwan put on his best suit and neatly combed his hair.  He thought about Duk Sun all the while, and hoped that she would listen to him again, but this time it would be for real and he would wait to hear her answer.  With one last look in the mirror, he smoothed his hands over the neatly ironed pink shirt, then patted his suit coat pocket where a ring box bulged.  His heart steadily pounded as he made his way out the door.

Duk Sun could not choose what to wear.  She finally decided on something a little sexy, and gave herself one last look in the mirror, as she ran her hand over the soft black lace on the bodice of her dress. She was still excited over last night, when Jung Hwan finally brushed his lips with hers.  She caught her breath and fanned her red face, just thinking about it all over again.  Her heart steadily pounded as she made her way out the door. 

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by starduster
spelling
  • Like 10

@figenfk let's do it! I'm in for whatever ways to show our loves to RJY :wub:

Hi again all! I'm glad we're moving and make this thread as our home base. I can't wait for his V-app! I'd like to know about his thought on R'88 and his increasing popularity. He won't talk about how the series ends though right? Or will he? I just read NB and saw K-netz accusations to LWJ changing scripts just because of a measly spoilers. My heart breaks all over again haha *satire laugh*. We got many spoilers on SWxBR wedding too, why don't you change that chakka-nim? (sorry SWxBR shippers, this is coming from a dissapointed viewer. I love them too actually)

Trying to move on, let's make some international project for RJY like what @figenfk suggested. I remember we did so many things for Yoo Yeon Seok (Chilbongie) after the series end. To make sure he knows that he is loved by many and of course to soothe our hearts too. There was book project, video project (cmiiw) and I think there was one of us who succesfully goes to his fan sign, meet and hold a small convo with him. I forgot her username but I think I saw her in our shipper's thread. Let's go!

• Like 6

Spoiler

@arumdaun OMG one of u guys went to his fan meeting!!!!!!!!! I really would like to see a video of this, because I was a Chilbong fan myself!! :bawling: Though Trash being the husband was so predictable.. JH not being the husband wasn't. I think they can add a new category to the award ceremonies: ''MOST BITTER ENDING''

(I put it under spoiler because it isn't about RJY)

@arumdaun Thankfully RJY is already liked by most Korean netizens. I read that Chilbong was mostly rooted by international fans. So it won't be as bad for RJY.. actually he gets more attention because of this cruel ending.:w00t:

• Like 10

I'm going to Korea in March and I am contemplating on going to the Reply 1988 concert. I just really want to meet him and say that I'll always be a Junghwan supporter :dissapointed_relieved: 

And of course to hug him and take a picture with him LOL

• Like 18

35 minutes ago, nano1234 said:

I'm going to Korea in March and I am contemplating on going to the Reply 1988 concert. I just really want to meet him and say that I'll always be a Junghwan supporter :dissapointed_relieved: 

And of course to hug him and take a picture with him LOL

Envy youuu , can you please pack me on your suitcase? :"

• Like 5