Ryu Jun Yeol 류준열 - [Best New TV Actor for 52nd Baeksang Arts Awards + Drama Category Rookie Male Award for AAA]

Howlol

"I will live with this face for the rest of my life, nothing I can fix either. The cost and times spent on fixing it better be used to read one more book, and I think it would be good to grow your heart more. "

Just love it!!! He always mentions about reading books and gives a beautiful advice. And I love the way he loves his life. 

Because of him, I also try to read books again ^^'

• Like 12

you done it great! @tsonzzz thanks for the translation~ ^^
uwaaa checkered shirt Ryu Junyeol!! nice~~~ thanks @yumeaki

EDIT : Wait! yohanine will shave his beard? Does it means his part for 6FD has finished? or He will appeared with no beard in the future? I love beardie BangJi tho~~~ see how he promotes his friends' CF openly like that? usually agency won't allow the artist to mention any particular product brand, to keep any offer open for their artist, Yohanie seems doesn't care as long as he supports Junyeolie and his Donghwi Hyungie~~ 

what a super lovely relationship~~~ Yohanie~~ I support your career too!

• Like 6

5 hours ago, aprodithe said:
“More than saying that I am satisfied with it, well I just live with it. It’s not that I have the confidence, it’s just I don’t have any complex. I will live with this face for the rest of my life, nothing I can fix either. The cost and times spent on fixing it better be used to read one more book, and I think it would be good to grow your heart more.”

THIS.

Mr. actor Ryu Jun Yeol, do you know that I love you? :heart:

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, tsonzzz said:

I don't think these photos have been posted yet so I'll post them

Cr: 일간스포츠 

Oh and this is a picture of RJY's "fill in the blank" Q&A

htm_201602127547317131_99_20160212090008

Cr: 일간스포츠 

Hide contents

1.The work that made it possible for me to be casted into 'R88' is [ Socialphobia ].

2. To RJY, 'R88' is [ Love ].

3. Ra MiRan is [ family ].

4. The popularity of 'R88' for me is [ something that already passed ].

5. The actor that I respect the most is [ All the senior actors who have done it for a long time ].

6. The actress that I want to shoot a romance with is [ none ].

7. The most pleasant event that happened recently is [ interviews ].

8. A dark memory that you want to erase is [ none ]. I cherish my past.

9. A variety program that I enjoy watching is [ The ' Youth Over Flowers' series ].

10. [ Love ] is my treasure.

Rought translations by me. Do correct me if you need to.:)

Socialphobia open the door for his career. he casted in Reply88 because the director saw Yangge, he casted in No Tommorow because the director saw him during SP filming. it didnt took long for his acting to recognize in the movies industry which is very good since he started acting not very long and quite late.

and his "safe" answer to avoid mention one name hahahaha...not mention any female actress he want to act romance with, not mention a senior actor he respected the most...he want to work everyone and does not think highly someone over another. he respect everyone.

And i am very appreciated about that he cherish every past that he had been through. he didnt sounds bitter nor sad about his partime job. he just smile and joke about it as if that was nothing...RJY you  made us learn a lot about life. no need to be sad over things in the past...cherish everything, because it brought the you today.

• Like 14

9 hours ago, aprodithe said:

“More than saying that I am satisfied with it, well I just live with it. It’s not that I have the confidence, it’s just I don’t have any complex. I will live with this face for the rest of my life, nothing I can fix either. The cost and times spent on fixing it better be used to read one more book, and I think it would be good to grow your heart more.”

Ryu Jun Yeol emphasis as an actor is it’s important to have confidence on your own appearance. He said, “if you don’t have confidence, your acting will negatively be influenced. And then you can’t show the charm you have always had. Appearance is just one of the rough standards to evaluate you. If you hang your head down because of that, you will easily lose the rest. I love myself,” while showing his eye-smile.

THIS!!! Oppa how can I love you more? He is truly a role model for everyone. I love how he doesn't pay too much attention to his looks and focuses on his skills. 

Ca_oIzzUMAALgXy.jpg

cr CJes IG

Note: So happy to see this thread moving but please remember not to quote pics, vids or gifs!!!

• Like 10

It's raining RYJ's interviews today...They said the star always come last ;):P.

The V-App happened only a day after the last ep of Reply 1988 aired, He was not out of his character completely yet.

Here RYJ is completely out of his character bubbles and he give awesome answers. Love all his answers so far.. Keep them coming :grin: 

PS. Thanks to EyesOnRyu and all the other translators.

Some of us have already migrated somewhere else but we updates each others on RJY news, so thank you on their behalf guys, very much appreciated :)

• Like 15

I think yesterday round interview with sport seoul, sports kyunghyang, yonhap news, sport today, ilgan sports, E-today, Sport Chosun, TV report, Edaily star, Tvdaily, Starnews, OSen, Joynews, Focusnews.

he must changes clothes for the photoshoot few times lmao...

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, pi2tni4ng said:

It's raining RYJ's interviews today...They said the star always come last ;):P.

The V-App happened only a day after the last ep of Reply 1988 aired, He was not out of his character completely yet.

Here RYJ is completely out of his character bubbles and he give awesome answers. Love all his answers so far.. Keep them coming :grin: 

PS. Thanks to EyesOnRyu and all the other translators.

Some of us have already migrated somewhere else but we updates each others on RJY news, so thank you on their behalf guys, very much appreciated :)

yes, i think he already distanced himself from Jungpal. though he said, he still brokenhearted for Jungpal, but the way he said it, only as the actor. not his own pov. i believe the Namibia trip helping him to leave Jungpal's character, not to mention his busy schedule, stay with family during lunar new year's holliday, and even meeting with his friends. he lives as Jungpal for 5 months, no wonder he was broken hearted for Jungpal for the last 2 episode.

• Like 16

@aprodithe : not to mention he got Ra Miran and Kim Sung Kyun, A veteran actress and actor as his support system. They give great advices. One of them is for him to get out of his character's ASAP and think about the next step/role.

He is on the right track already...fighting RJY !!! :grin:

• Like 11

9 minutes ago, pi2tni4ng said:

@aprodithe : not to mention he got Ra Miran and Kim Sung Kyun, A veteran actress and actor as his support system. They give great advices. One of them is for him to get out of his character's ASAP and think about the next step/role.

He is on the right track already...fighting RJY !!! :grin:

yes, he got the best advise possible from veteran actress / actor. no wonder he cherish her a lot. i love their relationship not limited as senior - junior or omma and oppa. they're also good friends. I agree with him that RMR is the best omma amongst R88 omma.

• Like 11

3 hours ago, Richi07 said:

In The first article he talked about YOF & king

Pls someone trans that~~~juseyo

• Like 5

seriously, that white shocks needs a rest baby dear...

I heard that you also know how to play bauk?

Oh how did you know? I am at the 1 Kyu level. I learnt baduk for a few years, not just 1 or 2 years but longer than that. It was during this time that I got to know professional baduk player Cho Hye Yeon. We are neighnours and went to the same church. I met her once recently. Since the both of us are very busy, we don't keep in contact much. When we meet we play a bit of baduk. We've known each other since young and studied together. 

Note: I am assuming he is referring to his ranking as 1 Kyu. As far as I know in Korea the players are classified as professional, amateur and Kiwon players. Amateur players are those that play on a more serious basis and try to go pro. Kiwon players are those that do not play so seriously. For Kiwon players the rank can be anything between 1 Kyu to 25 Kyu, with 1 Kyu being the highest rank for this group. 

anything he can't do ? he can play soccer (that required more physically ),swimming, flute, piano...and then bamm...baduk..he can do anything if he want to.

In his spare time he goes to play soccer, read books or watch movies and hardly ever goes onto the internet. This is the guy who in the midst of the interview asked "I heard that there is a function where you can like posts on Facebook?"

At the end of the interview Ryu Jun Yeol asked "I did ok right? Such a relief, I was so nervous." And then he let out a smile of a playful youth. 

buahahahahaha....and he's geeky too...what can i say, contrary as Yanggeee

What is your family's reaction like?

My family is very happy but they have pulled me towards being calm and steady. At first I was really excited but with one word from my mother, she pulled me back down. She said "Popularity is only temporary. Don't be too obsessed with it and just proceed step by step like you have always done."

thank you ryu omma...you're the basic of this man humble and steady calm life. you teach him being a good person inside rather than asking them doing PS that not appreciating what God's gift

• Like 19

I am happy to see interview flooding in for Ryu Jun Yeol. lol is he a caveman in this IT world ?.. He is such a rare gem who is not that into social media platform or rather he prefer reading books.. well books truly widens a person perspective plus knowledge and it triggers a person to think deeper. Ohh I truly admire him !!  I  am surprised and glad at least he sign up for Instagram at least he can keep us updated with his latest thoughts or activities. I guess his company also help him to set up offical facebook and weibo account for him to engage more fans.

Finally I see some bright colors for his clothing !! lol because I always see him wearing dark colors most of the time  XD

• Like 16

WOAH. Thank you everyone. Thank you EoR team @EMM! who keeps us updated about RJY, we're nothing without you :wub:. Thank you @mojobobo who doesn't bother to translate from Chinese to English of any recent news you found on baidu :wub:. Seriously, we are just a small family but everyone cares about each other dearly so this place feels homey *pun is intended :P*.

I hope we'll stay together for a long long time~

• Like 15