Ryu Jun Yeol 류준열 - [Best New TV Actor for 52nd Baeksang Arts Awards + Drama Category Rookie Male Award for AAA]

Howlol

ahhh..finally checking in this thred after long time.
Anyway, C-Jes is not yet confirmed that he will take the role, just confirm that he's considering the offer. The PD / director is known for her good work...but after learning the story, i prefer him to not take it. i know this is a good opportunity but his character is not giving more impact a lot to the story.

i dont care that he's a 2nd lead or supporting role. i am not crazy about him must be being lead male, especially an ordinary character lead male (hmmm...hellowww chaebol / prince cold outside warm inside...) as long as the character gives more impact to the story like in Taxi Driver or Silenced. 2nd lead with rich character is preferable than ordinary male lead which not leaving any impact to the viewers...like what Nam Gongmin does...

• Like 2

Ryu Junyeol’s Grin That Melts Women’s Heart, ‘Heart Warming Charm’
http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=468&aid=0000206684

CwNND7xUEAE6-xn.jpg
1.    (+311-3) Ah seriously! Soccer fanboy Ryu Junyeol is cute and handsome everything he does ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
2.    (+299/-3) His laugh at the end!!!! Heart racing
3.    (+294/-3) Cute ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋHe’s seriously a likeable soccer fanboy ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
4.    (+280/-3) Heart warming. Congratulation for the successful fanboy
5.    (+277/-3) It looks like seeing a movie in the soccer field. Suwon’s Child, Ryu JunYeol

[Newsis] The Appointed Honorary Ambassador for Suwon, Ryu Jun Yeol Takes A Picture Together With Suwon’s Mayor and Suwon City Council Chairman
http://sports.news.naver.com/kfootball/news/read.nhn?oid=003&aid=0007557307

CwNdIsPUEAEdQAY.jpg
1.    (+383/-3) Interest in soccer again.. They did a good job in selecting the honorary ambassador~~^^
2.    (+370/-3) It’s even better that Actor Ryu Junyeol ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Suwon Soccer Fighting!!!!
3.    (+361/-3) The Son of Suwon, Ryu Junyeol!!!
4.    (+344/-3) The Son of Suwon!!! From being soccer otaku to honorary ambassador (LOL congrats congrats)
5.    (+338/-3) His clothes looks nice. Congratulation as honorary ambassador! As your fan I will always support you
6.    (+140/-1) Suwon’s Honorary Ambassador, Ryu Junyeol! Please have more activities in the future!!!

• Like 1

[OSEN] Yoo HaeJin – Ryu JunYeol Are Men Who Are More Attractive The More You Look? Love Is Sure Blind
http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=109&aid=0003422485

CwSvWfpUsAA4Eqr.jpg
1.    (+252/-11) Ryu Junyeol I love you. I am looking forward for your movie Taxi Driver together with actor Yoo Hae Jin 
2.    (+242/-11) No, Reporter-nim. In my eyes is they are the most attractive actors, tough actors
3.    (+232/-10) The more you see Ryu Junyeol, the more handsome he is ㅋㅋ
4.    (+220/-6) This time I am looking forward their acting together in Taxi Driver. To both actors, Fighting!!
5.    (+198/-7) They’re way even better than those who just handsome but terrible at acting ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
6.    (+89/-2) I really like Yoo Haejin and Ryu Junyeol! I am also looking forward for Taxi Driver!!
7.    (+95/-5) Ryu Junyeol is handsome and attractive actor. You know it once you meet and see him in real life

[SportChosun] “Just Saw Jaehong’s Friend On The Street”… Ji Sukjin x Ryu Junyeol’s Surprise Meeting
http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=076&aid=0003010822
CwiB_ZsVQAATrFd.jpg
1.    (+691/-12) How possibly did they meet on the street? I am jealous…
2.    (+549/-12) Ryu Junyeol, I miss you ㅜㅜ
3.    (+542/-12) How did they meet on the street? I am jealous… I also freak out thinking they’re shooting running man
4.    (+519/-13) I am seriously jealous to Ji Sukjin
5.    (+461/-11) Was Ji Suk Jin filming something? There’s microphone hanging
6.    (+169/-2) If I lived in Seoul, might I see Ryu Junyeol on the streetㅠㅠ? I like that their two-shot looks pretty

[#Reply1988 1st Anv] How are Ssangmundong Family Doing These Days? ‘Great To See You! Nice To Meet You!’(Bankabguman! Bankawoyo!)
http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=311&aid=0000669676
Cwc6aLnUcAA6KHo.jpg

Ryu JunYeol's part:
1478177974270169_99_20161104170106.jpg?t

From ‘The King’ to ‘Silent Witness’, Ryu JunYeol is The Blue Chip of Movie Industry
In 2017, you can see Ryu Junyeol often in movies. Movie The King is about to release, ‘Taxi Driver’ filming, ‘Silent Witness’ is also in preparation. Ryu Junyeol said what he felt about the 1st year anniversary, “I feel so thankful to have opportunity to participate in such good works. Because I get positive energy from my fans, it give me strength to do the next work”

• Like 1

Some parts of Shin Won Ho PD Interview by OSEN that related to Reply 1988 and Ryu Junyeol

Source: http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=109&aid=0003421374&l

201610261136773458_581140b2a61e4_99_2016

+ All actors are doing well, but is The Reply Curse true?

However, it’s enough to go away from Reply 1988. After the sitcom was ended in January, Ryu Junyeol, Park Bogum, Hyeri, Go Kyungpyo, Lee Donghwi, and Ahn Jaehong became more popular. It also rediscovered veteran actors like Ra MiRan, Kim SunYeong, Ryu JaeMyung, Choi MuSeong. Nevertheless, Shin Wonho PD said, “The term of ‘Reply Curse’ alone is funny”, he laughed.

“I also think that term is not needed. I just think it’s an interesting term. In popular culture, the more gossip behind the story, the more interesting it is. I see it as an indicative of greater interests in our work. Seriously there’s no one friend who concern (about the curse). Including Seo Inguk and Jeong Eunji’s ‘Reply 1997’, all friends of Reply 1994 and Reply 1988, all of them are doing well. In terms of batting average, it’s logic of the three. Even one little twist would be seen as two. Everyone after ‘Reply’ has landed main role in drama, right? Are you still saying this is a curse?”

+ Junghwan’s lack of first love, Deoksun’s original husband is Taek

One of the popularity factor of Reply series is the mystery of the main heroine’s husband. When in ‘Reply 1997’ the main was Seo Inguk, while in ‘Reply 1994’ it’s Jungwoo. But in ‘Reply 1988’ is different from the previous series where the viewers in particular tightly divided toward two characters. At beginning, Kim Junghwan, played by Ryu Junyeol, had made a newly-coined word ‘EoNamRyu/The husband is Ryu JunYeol anyway’ that quite influential, but in the end the winner was Choi Taek.

“You can’t be 100% sure when you have casted a perfect actor for charming character. If Reply 1994’s Trash (played by Jungwoo) had no charms, the husband would change. We are always that open (about changing the husband). Although both Taek and Junghwan received such great love (from viewers), if you see Park Bogum we wanted to go with plan A. In episode 6, the part when Taek asked Deoksun (Hyeri) “Let’s see a movie” was affective to burst viewers reaction. It is because Choi Taek as a man was able to approach female viewers. So it’s the new break out. That Taek was the husband, it went just like that.”

“Everyone in Reply 1988 are the main characters. They has their own episode and history. Everyone thinks that the main character should get a happy ending in romantic part, but we are different. Junghwan, Taek, Sunwoo, and everyone are the main characters. Because their characters were made by affection.”

But still, some of fans were very disappointed that it’s not ended with Deoksun and Junghwan. At first, it was convincing that Junghwan was the husband, but it felt like a sense of betrayal? that it seemed it was changed to Taek all of a sudden in the last minute. However if you hear Shin Wonho PD’s explanation you will naturally agree.

“All characters has their own flaw. Sunwoo has no father, Taek has no mother. Dongryeong has lack of harmonious family, while Deoksun is poor. On the other side, Junghwan won the lottery, the flaw faded away. That’s why Junghwan’s flaw is love. When you see Junghwan as the main character, it’s about a heart breaking story about first love, but if you see Taek (as the main character), it’s about an innocent child’s love. Please give empathy to all variety of problems in Reply 1997, Reply 1994, and Reply 1988”

“At one hand, I want Ryu Junyeol as the actor who play Junghwan is a big deal. Junghwan is too attractive. At beginning, there was scene where all the neighbours gratified seeing Deoksun as picket girl on TV, but Junghwan indifferently flashed a smile.  It’s just a short moment, but that episode came out as if it’s Junghwan’s story instead. ‘Go home early’ line also had the same (effect). In the episode about family story and drawing feeling about mother, but because of Junghwan’s dialogue and his eyes/gaze, the viewers would forget the previous story. You can see how Eonamryu come out”.

• Like 1

HERALD POP
[2016AAA] Nana and Ryu Jun Yeol Won Best Female and Male Rookie Awards for Drama Category
http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=112&aid=0002866861&gid=999339&cid=1050144

Cxavc4jUsAA9x_7.jpg
1.    (+1713/-89) Congratulation to Ryu Junyeol and Nana!!!!
2.    (+1246/-70) Congratulation to both of you for winning the rookie award!
3.    (+1239/-94) Congrats to both for getting the rookie award! I cheer for Ryu Junyeol!!!
4.    (+1033/-71) Congrats for winning the rookie award!!! (Clap.. Clap.. Clap)
5.    (+1032/-98) Congrats to Nana and Ryu Junyeol. Ryu Junyel’s speaking English makes my heart freeze ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ
6.    (+369/-28) Ryu Junyeol, congratulation! His acceptance speech in english is also very cool!!!
7.    (+350/-23) Congrats to both for getting the rookie award!!! Congratulation to Ryu Junyeol!!!
8.    (+334/-22) My heartiest congratulations to both for getting the rookie award!!!! Today too, Ryu Junyeol is very handsome ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ
9.    (+306/-18) Congratulation to Ryu Junyeol, also to Nana
10.    (+304/-18) Ryu Junyeol, congratulation for getting rookie award

[News1] Ryu Junyeol Looks Handsome Everyday
http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=421&aid=0002396318

CxbJioHUkAABkh9.jpgCxbJlleUQAAHJn4.jpgCxbKNyBVEAAh3h0.jpg
1.    (+373/-14) Heol ㅜㅜㅜvery handsome ㅜRyu Junyeol
2.    (+319/-10) Ryu Junyeol looks cool. How long has it been? ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ
3.    (+303/-10) Ah… Ryu Junyeol is so cool ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ
4.    (+284/-10) Ryu Junyeol is awesome!!!!
5.    (+271/-10) Ryu Junyeol ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ he is so cool!!!!!
6.    (+111/-6) Heol ㅠㅠㅠit’s pictorial…  pictorial ㅠㅠㅠ
7.    (+108/-7) Ah… Ryu Junyeol, it’s been a long time but he becomes more handsome ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ
8.    (+99/-6) Ryu Junyeol is the coolest
9.    (+92/-5) Wow… ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠCool I want to go to the award ceremony too
10.    (+85/-5) COOL!!!!!!!

Trans of RJY speech by whenever_i_miss_u IG 

He was eating candy at AAA :D:D:D

CxYl8NmUQAAo6tz.jpgCxYl917UUAAIugJ.jpg

• Like 4

[MyDaily] ‘A Rare Two Shot’… VIXX Ken x Ryu Junyeol Is Unexpected Combination
http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=117&aid=0002842550
CxfkjN0UsAANGEI.jpg
1.    (+151/-1) Both of them look awesome~~~ I cheer for you
2.    (+128/-0) That’s the meaning of senior life, right? ㅌㅋㅋㅋRyu Junyeol ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋBoth of them look cool
3.    (+107/-0) Both of them look awesome ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋSenior, thanks for the picture ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
4.    (+114/-4) Jaehwan-ah, you’re the one who’s senior (whisper..whisper..)*
5.    (+89/-1) (Jaehwan-ah, you’re the senior)
6.    (+59/-0) I am so sorry to hear about Ryu Junyeol’s real debut timeㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Both of them look cool
7.    (+56/-0) Both of them look so cool
*Note: 
- Vixx Ken’s acting debut as Lee Jaehwan (also his real name) in 2013 MBC’s comedy drama Boarding House No.24, while Ryu Junyeol’s official debut through 2015 movie Socialphobia
- Later Ken edited his post by changing 'Sunbaenim/Senior' to be 'Hyungnim/Big brother' (cute xD)

[SportSeoul] Ryu Jun Yeol Is Encouraging Students Who Take College Entrance Exam “Let’s Soar Up In Our Own Way”
http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=468&aid=0000212041
CxgC1GyUcAA5HkF.jpg
1.    (+116/-0) This one sentence could give a lot of comforts! That everything will be all right!!!
2.    (+104/-0) The master of pick up line again… even if he say the same thing.. It’s really nicely made
3.    (+96/-0) Ryu Junyeol is such a deep and cool person. The students who are struggling in entrance exam today who see this must be touched
4.    (+96/-0) A friend who takes exam saw this writing and sent the text to her boyfriend, he cried Ong Ong (Yup Yup)~ 
It’s really comforting…
5.    (+95/-0) Ryu Junyeol~ His pick up line is seriously the best

• Like 5

[TRANS] Ryu Jun Yeol - Marie Claire Korea interview (BIFF Special, Oct 2016)

Passionate Ryu Jun Yeol

Since he has decided to become an actor until now, Ryu Jun Yeol has lived passionately. Also, in the future, the time he lives as an actor will be full of that passion too.

If we count the actors whose names are mostly showing in movies during the recent years, Ryu Yun Yeol’s name are one of those. Before <Reply 1988> has exposed his existence, Ryu Jun Yeol has already been actively doing acting. In <Socialphobia> and <Glory Day> he was in charge of important roles, but other than that, in movies such as <No Tomorrow>, <Boys Who Cried Wolf> to <Canola>, it may either have 10 minutes or 20 minutes, these movies have premiered consecutively this year. And not long ago, he has wrapped the filming of <The King> with Jo Insung and Jung Woosung, and was also acting in <Taxi Driver> with Song Kang Ho. Although it seems a very common life, the life as an actor he had dreamed of during his 20s have passed, now he is entering the real actor life and as he was asked what a good actor means to him, he said just like today, to live tomorrow passionately as a youth.

Source: Marie Claire Korea 
Translations by Eyes on RYU | eyesonryu.tumblr.com
Please do not translate to other languages or re-post without our permission.
Don’t forget to credit Eyes on RYU! Thank you! 

In one year, his movies that has been released are <Glory Day>, <No Tomorrow>, <Boys who Cried Wolf> to <Robot,Sori>. And there are some movies that he auditioned to by himself. I think the work environment has become just a bit better. More people are helping me and because many people worked hard together with me, I work more seriously and more responsibly. During the time I am filming with Senior Song Kangho, the older times when I went to audition by myself keeps coming up to my mind. After each time I finished one day of <Taxi Driver> filming schedule, as I look back to that day’s filming parts, the staff and crew who were working with me and spent the most time with me come to my mind, too. I was only focused on the part I was participating in before, now I am trying to look at the filming sets bit more widely. Although Song Kang Ho Sunbae is an actor that I can’t describe through words, you will be more surprised if you see him in the set. He is always considerate to everyone even to the youngest staff.

Have you ever failed in your audition? That’s a dangerous statement (smiles). I can’t always pass every audition that I did. During my 20s, since I started acting until I finally debuted, I spent a really difficult and uneasy time. Since I have a positive personality from the start, it just doesn’t really show. When I failed an audition or I can’t do things because I don’t have money, I can’t help but be sad.

You are an acting major. Were you sure that your dream is to become an actor? Of course. I was really sure. Because I was thinking to become an actor, I didn’t even think about other majors. Although I could just learn any skills and have other careers too while still majoring in acting, I didn’t do it. Ah, once, I even followed someone to get a fork crane license. It doesn’t mean that I wasn’t even thinking about it. But I don’t want to spend my time to let myself get lost in other thoughts. It would be wasted time.

You finally stood in the red carpet through <Glory Day> last year. Busan International Film Festival has a great meaning for me. I went to Busan International Film Festival through <Socialphobia>, but I don’t put such huge interest in film festivals or award ceremonies actually. Because I didn’t watch year-end awards ceremonies, I did not really know who got awards. But as I followed <Socialphobia> colleagues to Busan, it felt strange. During the film festival, I saw that people in the movie industry has gathered. “Ah, there are really so many people who make movies, and so many people who work hard for movies, and I can be one of those people, too,” as I was thinking about it, I feel so good.

You have shown your existence through <Socialphobia> as BJ Yangge. And as always, a character who was loved by people. True. And because <Socialphobia> is my first full-length movie, it became more like that. Because it’s a full length movie, compared to others, of course it has more scenes, and I have to act and understand the whole plot of the story, and that part was the first for me. It was not to understand the character for one particular scene but I need to describe the whole big picture in which the character is in, and for that, a lot of time were spent. All in all the character is meaningful for me.

<Glory Day> is a movie about youth’s anxiety, how was Ryu Jun Yeol in his 20s? I think I spent it passionately. These days I only have movie filming, but when I don’t have filming there is something called a “filming break”, compared to working on a drama, I have a bit more free time. So I was about to spend all my free time filled with activities just like when I still unemployed but it doesn’t work well. It was tiring I can’t do it (laughs). But however, I am still working out. I play bowling often these days, and even go to the bowling hall by myself often. Someone recommended me to go to the bowling hall where celebrities go often but because I want to learn bowling properly I go to the place where athletes go. Many people from the bowling club also come to the bowling hall I go. So I greet them while showing real interest and is still passionately learning right now.

What is Youth? I think I suit the word ‘youth’ so well (laughs) I like the word ‘youth’. I wish I won’t be far from that word forever. It doesn’t mean I don’t want to grow old but I wish someone can say “Ryu Jun Yeol is a person that always can make you feel youthfulness.”

Has Ryu Jun Yeol’s youth passed, is it coming, or is it now? Since I decided to become an actor, until now I’m still in my youth. Before that I just lived following how other people lived, and lived without fun. I don’t know, there might be fun then, but I think it wasn’t the time for me. I started to live passionately just after I decided to be an actor. It was a mediocre life. I didn’t study properly and didn’t really play passionately too, I just spent my student life vaguely. I wasn’t a troublemaker and wasn’t simply a very kind or innocent type either, also. Then after I decided to become an actor, I spend my life with passion. Of course until now.

---

READ THE REST OF THE INTERVIEW @ EYESONRYU.TUMBLR.COM: CLICK HERE

• Like 5

[TV Report] Ryu Junyeol To Be The Leading Role In Movie ‘Little Forest’ And Will Act Along With Kim Taeri
http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=213&aid=0000926680

Cxm9KOdVIAAhpVO.jpg

1.    (+3947/-209) Taeri’s real image somehow… fits better with cool landscape in some countryside area. I am looking forward to it!!!!
2.    (+3184/-390) Ryu Junyeol who’s running hard without a pause~ Hwaiting!!
3.    (+2406/-254) Heol… Heol… Heol…???? I like this a lot ㅠㅠㅠ
4.    (+2143/-178) In the original, it didn’t have a male lead so I am a bit concerned how to create it… like love line, I hope they wouldn’t push it too much to live up the original ㅜㅜ
5.    (+759/-79) Both of them are very likeable actors. I hope the movie come out well ㅜㅜ
6.    (+619/-94) I think Kim Taeri and Ryu Junyeol can remake the original story well because they’re naturally good actors, I am looking forward to it
7.    (+438/-40) What..? Little Forest..? I am waiting for the official statement ㅠㅠ
8.    (+444/-53) Gosh! Ryu Junyeol and Kim Taeri! I am so looking forward for the movie. Director-nim, please make a good movie.
9.    (+498/-74) Both of them are my favourite actors, this is jackpot!!!! It is Ryu Junyeol!!!! I like this so much!!!!!
10.    (+514/-81) What? What do you say? Ne-ne-next movie? Heol ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ. Cow-Junyeol, Thank youㅠㅠ

[OSEN] Ryu JunYeol x Kim TaeRi… The Monster Rookies of Chungmuro To Make Their Meeting
http://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=109&aid=0003434950

CxoqCV2UcAAk9Pg.jpg

1.    (+3783/-297) The monster rookies of Chungmuro* Ryu Junyeol and Kim Taeri, I am looking forward to their meeting already ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I want to see it soon!!!!
2.    (+3152/-224) The combination are fresh and both of them are the rising stars so I expect the movie would come out well ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
3.    (+2890/-221) They are really such a promising rookies in movies. Since they will do this together, I am looking forward to it ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
4.    (+2388/-207) Yes, they’re the monster rookies. The new comers are good in acting, I am excited for their meeting. I am looking forward for a good movie to come
5.    (+2238/-258) I am looking forward for Ryu Junyeol’s warm gaze in the movie
6.    (+531/-69) They’re already the most anticipated male and female actors though, now they’re togetherㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ Crazy.
7.    (+500/-66) I am really excited for these rookie actors to meet!!
8.    (+489/-66) Wow Ryu Junyeol and Kim Taeri combination ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I am looking forward to it
9.    (+504/-75) I am so happy that I can see a lot of Ryu Junyeol’s acting next year
10.    (+438/-61) Hard working Ryu JunYeol!!! I am cheering for you!! I also support Kim Taeri!
*Chungmuro has been known as the street of culture, artists, and the film industry since the 1960s. Although a lot of film studios moved from Chungmuro to the Gangnam district, Chungmuro still symbolizes the South Korean film industry and continues to be used as a metonym for it.

Rising film stars Ryu Joon-yeol and Kim Tae-ri up for Little Forest

rsz_rjy_ktr.jpg

Well-loved actor Ryu Joon-yeol (Lucky Romance) may be matching talents with this year’s Chungmuro breakout actress Kim Tae-ri (The Handmaiden) in a manga adaptation film called Little Forest. She has confirmed, while he is still reviewing the offer. Award-winning director Im Soon-rye, who has created hit movies like Informant and Waikiki Brothers, is taking the lead on this new project.

The original source material for the upcoming project Little Forest is a slice-of-life Japanese manga by the same name. It is about a girl who escapes big city life after some heartbreaking disappointments. She finds peace again back at her sleepy hometown, by becoming one with nature. The manga artist, Igarashi Daisuke, was nominated for the Tezuka Osamu Cultural Prize for his work. Little Forest received so much love in Japan that it was adapted into a two-part movie. Kim Tae-ri will play the main character, and Ryu Joon-yeol has been offered the part of her childhood friend.

Kim Tae-ri has been attached to the film since it was first announced because the director singled her out for it. Kim originally rose to fame for beating out 1500 other competitors during the fierce audition process for the long-awaited Park Chan-wook film, The Handmaiden. Director Im became enchanted with the indie actress’s healthy looks and natural acting after seeing her perform in that movie.

Meanwhile, Ryu Joon-yeol already has three films pending release soon: mystery crime movie Silence, period film Taxi Driver, and legal thriller The King. If he ends up joining Kim Tae-ri, he won’t have much of a holiday break because filming starts in early January of next year.

Source: 

http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/11/rising-film-stars-ryu-joon-yeol-and-kim-tae-ri-up-for-little-forest/

• Like 3