Ryu Jun Yeol 류준열 - [Best New TV Actor for 52nd Baeksang Arts Awards + Drama Category Rookie Male Award for AAA]

Howlol

Thanks guys for all the images and updates!

my OTP is cute hahahah

hyeri and RJY is still my OTP but it is okay for me if he will partnered in different actress or have a girlfriend is real life, I just want a Jh and DS to have a story on my own. And like the other  guys here I never bothered to the 2 last episode. I didn't watch it for real. I just can't.

• Like 7

On 1/20/2016 at 9:35 PM, amareally said:

Hahaha sorry to cut you off...

I remembered that I read somewhere in this thread that his English pronunciation and writting is pretty good during the V-App. I don't know what kind of English they're speaking off, but when I watched his V-App I was ridiculously happy that he's able to spell "Club Activity" without error, he even asked the staff if its should be with plural (with -ies) or not hahahha

And the way he pronounced Breaking Dawn doesn't sound Kong-lish... I'm just being a silly giddy girl with those things, it made me feel happy to know that if I post short greetings or support for him in English in his instagram he would understand 

He does have lots of english speaking friends who lived in korea, maybe that's why he's a bit good in it.:DD

Plus, his wide spectre of film and acting, or even arts, probably made it possible too. Some of the films he presented are not very mainstream and it can be hard to understand without proper background on western studies and history, so I guess this is why he is good in english haha! he spent lots of years in the university studying them!

so hopefully we get to witness his english speaking skills.. soon, hopefully huhuhu <3

• Like 9

so the english phrase for "사랑합니다, 사랑하세요" is "I love you, share to love" not "share the love"? or did he miswrite it? lol I thought it was more suitable with "share the love" though judging from the korean phrase.

Spoiler

off topic, Sung Dong Il's mother passed away so he's returning to Korea now. I know this is more relevant to be posted in R88 main thread but well... it's still traumatic :sweatingbullets:

On 1/20/2016 at 0:25 AM, janeadelaine said:

so the english phrase for "사랑합니다, 사랑하세요" is "I love you, share to love" not "share the love"? or did he miswrite it? lol I thought it was more suitable with "share the love" though judging from the korean phrase.

Reveal hidden contents

off topic, Sung Dong Il's mother passed away so he's returning to Korea now. I know this is more relevant to be posted in R88 main thread but well... it's still traumatic :sweatingbullets:

it doesn't matter i guess HAHAHA it's his phrase anyways, he can miswrite it and i still find it cute XD

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, EMM! said:

it doesn't matter i guess HAHAHA it's his phrase anyways, he can miswrite it and i still find it cute XD

I agree, it's his phrase anyways so he can do whatever he want, I was just wondering so... nevermind lol

God, I miss him.... I want him to be in a drama soon. well, it's ok if it's not soon but I hope he choose a good script. Imagine him in a romcom, or maybe just a romantic one. not melodrama, because i think he would do it too well and he's going to breaking my heart again, lol. That marie claire video, the last part makes me touch my laptop screen like "Oppa, TAKE MY HAND!!" ok, i'm crazy. Good night everyone :D 

• Like 13

On 1/20/2016 at 1:04 AM, snowy21 said:

If there's any drama that cause him to be emotional or traumatized , I hope he can get over soon.. I know certain actors can jump out of characters easily after the drama has ended but I guess it might take years to achieve that stage.

Well, talking about his movie..why he isn't promoting although I know that he is having rest.. if he promotes, I think more fans will be watching the movie for sure :) 

I think he can jump out of his previous role easily, as we saw from Yangge to Junghwan haha! He had lots of experience through musicals and plays, I believe he can grasp and let go such emotions rather easily than we can assume because he's surrounded with friends who have been in the industry for long <3

Promoting of what movie, Robot-Sori? :D

It's because he only has one scene.. there.. HAHAHAA he's basically a suppppeerrrr side character and was only put in the trailer because of rising popularity during Reply 1988 hype hehe

Even the director and actors admitted that they want his help to promote the movie XD

• Like 21

hello~ :D my first post in this forum. im from Junghwan team before, and still, cant move on actually. haha

seeing Ryu Jun Yeol photoshoot with marie claire, omg he's getting hotter  and i love him more. *mianhae GD oppa, you're not the only one now* T.T 

• Like 14

6 hours ago, yumeaki said:
Spoiler

Oh dear. This is unfortunate. Hope the mom was at peace when she left... 

By the way, saw a chinese translation of parts of Marie Claire interview that was originally posted on DC gallery. I’m sure some English fansite will translate the full article soon but I will just give a summary (ie not word by word translation cos I sucks at that) of the selected parts that was translated.

1)

There is a big difference between pre-Reply 1988 and post-Reply 1988. With more anticipation, there will be more burden. Does he feel uneasy?

RJY: I don’t feel any burden. I didn’t change much. However, I worried how people will treat me differently. Eg, in the past when the weather is cold, I will say “It’s cold!” and the staff will just listen and agree. Now if I say that, staff will bring the stove over. However, It’s not that I want a stove and hence said it’s cold. So now I think I should speak with a sense of responsibility. Cannot say as and what I want. I must be more careful and do better.

2)

He mentioned he writes diary every day. Now that he’s busy, he will write some points in his phone first and then write in his diary when he has more time. The diary usually starts with reflection of the day. Through the diary, one can probably feel regret so writing diary is a way to make one do better than yesterday. The diaries he has written can fill two boxes.

3)

While filming Socialphobia, he always actively responds to his fans. It is a bit hard to do so now as there are more fans. This is one of his concerns recently. He also cannot understand why when fans are waiting at filming site for a few hours and all he can say is ‘hello’ and then leave. However if he does anything, it may lead to some dangers. The more he thinks about this, the more confused he becomes. Some actors will reject taking photo with people on the street. He used to be unable to understand this but recently, he seems to be able to understand that. Sometimes, he hates himself for able to understand such behaviour (ignoring fans). Last time his fans are only about 10 to 20 so he could greet and chat with everyone. Now he can’t do that. This is one issue that he has been thinking a lot recently.

Awww….he really likes to talk to his fans but with more fans, he really can’t talk to every single one. It’s really hard. Taking photo with one fan may lead to others to ask for a photo too. How can he attend to every single fan? If they fight for his attention, it may become a dangerous situation. He doesn’t want to be someone to ignore fans but yet it’s hard for him to deal with everyone. And on top of this, he has to watch his words now. He doesn’t want to trouble staff with a casual remark. It’s hard to live like that. Has to watch one’s words and actions. Hope he can find a balance.

Thank you for your translation!

I never felt this kind of sincerity before from a celebrity. Maybe because he wasn't a celebrity the majority of his life? He matured enough before he got famous and he didn't take his sudden stardom for granted. He's so thoughtful about everything and he writes too! How can this man be so perfect??

Do-more-about-climate-change-Another-sta  

• Like 19