[Drama 2015] 5-ji Kara 9-ji Made (From Five To Nine) 5時から9時まで

Guest ororomunroe

SPRING, SUMMER, AUTUMN, (WINTER NEVER CAME) AND THEN...ANGELA

tumblr_nxz7iy4A7d1s8t96qo4_400.pngtumblr_nxz7iy4A7d1s8t96qo1_400.png

Awww, Junko catches the bouquet and Takane approves! So even though, it wasn’t from Takane she still received flowers this episode. The wedding photo is so adorable but why is Junko standing next to Kiyomiya and not Takane?! That photo again shows one thing - that Takane can’t fake his smiles even for the sake of politeness since he is the only one who isn’t smiling. So he really does smile much more around Junko, just like he said.

tumblr_nxz7iy4A7d1s8t96qo6_540.png

I love all the curious sidelong glances Junko keeps giving him and then she indirectly admits to him that she’s jealous of his ex-girlfriends who were able to see his smile, but that it’s alright now since she can see it now too; finally allowing herself to look and it’s her who is observing him this time when he isn’t looking. However, the most significant and important part of this exchange for me is Takane’s facial expression when she tells him about his ex-girlfriends - slightly baffled and suprised as if he was wondering what she is talking about, but it turns into a silly smile when he realizes that she was mad at him because she was jealous. But has there ever been a reason for her to be jealous in the first place?

tumblr_nxz7iy4A7d1s8t96qo2_400.pngtumblr_nxz7iy4A7d1s8t96qo5_400.png

“Do you know the names of my ex-girlfriends?”

Congratulations to everyone who noticed the hint when I translated the names of Takane’s “girlfriends” and didn’t get misled by the mention of the summary which was, of course, the summary of the original manga. Because I’m inclined to believe that those girlfriends never existed in the first place. It’s my personal opinion, naturally, but I base them on certain undeniable facts and doesn’t it even seem probable that the writer has is pulling our leg once again? We have already estabilished with all those almost-kisses, Junko’s failed exam and that night at the hotel that he loves to mess with our minds. 

tumblr_nxz7iy4A7d1s8t96qo10_400.png

1. First of all, Takane asks her this question with a very amused and mischievious expression on his face and she thinks he is making fun of her but what if it is because he doesn’t know the names of his supposed ex-friends since he never had any to begin with. 
  2. Actually, it was the names which Takeda used that made me question his words immediately - I mean what probability is there that almost all the women Takane dated were given the names of the four seasons? Takeda himself said that if he dated Fuyu-chan (winter) he would have completed the whole season but Fuyu-chan never came. Improbable right? 
  3. The next reason - why would they show us all the scenes of Takane preparing his date and most speficically the scene where he realizes that Sankyuu has more dating experience than him? It would be such a huge inconsistency and the writer has many times proved that he is in complete control of his story which he basically building himself from scratch considering that he competely deviated from the source material (thank drama gods for that!). 
  4. And finally, THIS IS A MAN WHO REFUSED TO SLEEP WITH A WOMAN UNLESS SHE LOVED HIM THE WAY HE LOVED HER!!! AND DIDN’T HE ALREADY MENTION MANY TIMES THAT ALL THESE FEELINGS ARE NEW TO HIM? 

tumblr_nxz7iy4A7d1s8t96qo8_r1_540.png

Of course, you can agree with me or not since so far these are just my speculations and hypothesis. However, regardless whether it turns out to be true or not one thing is certain - there is only a small distance between jealousy and love. Jealousy, just like love, is blind and illogical so even if Takane haven’t dated anyone, it was the mere idea that someone would have him and it wouldn’t be her; such possessiveness is also part of love. And what people sometimes don’t realize is that jealousy actually means the fear of losing someone or something that is yours, it doesn’t mean to be angry that someone else had or has something you don’t. Therefore whether Junko admits it to herself or not, in her heart she already thinks of Takane as hers.

tumblr_nxz7iy4A7d1s8t96qo9_540.png

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@briseis Thanks for the interpretation of the wedding scene! I really enjoy reading your comments! In this episode, Junko was finally able to pay attention to Tanake's gaze and face!

I loved the way she took his hand: first a handshake, but then she grabbed his hand and crossed his fingers with her! The way she had his hand symbolised to me that she sees him as her boyfriend... not only that, in the end, she had Tanake's hand in her both hands! A sign that she wanted to secure what is hers and to make sure, she won't lose him!

I have started watching the episodes again and tried to pay more attention to Tanake's facial expressions. In the first episode:

- At the restaurant, he was already smiling (but you could only see it, if you looked at his eyes). As soon as Junko appeared, he was smiling.

- Interesting is that when Arthur asked her to visit a show, he told Junko, his offer didn't stand any longer because the person next to her (Tanake) was angry. Although Arthur had just met Tanake, he could see his feelings, although Tanake was standing stoic like a stone. 

When his grandmother objected to the omiai with Junko criticizing the latter for being inappropriate, you can observe the cold gaze he gave to his grandmother. He was mad and hurt. Nevertheless, he didn't show any emotion from his behaviour! 

In the end, I would say that Tanake is using a lot of micro-expressions, hence people can overlook it so easily. He has been trained to contain his feelings because his grandmother expects from him impeccable manners! But he is an emotional person who hasn't been allowed to show his emotions!

Finally, even in the first episode, his grandmother threatened Tanake to use his little brother as replacement for the temple ("The next in line!")! :angry:Therefore Tanake agreed to meet the fiance his grandmother chose.:tears:

Just finished watching the second episode! I know why his grandmother intervened so that Junko would fail the exam. Actually, when Tanake met her in the park in order to console her, he told her that the test was part of her bride's training. So when the grandmother gave the order to have her failed, she wanted to have another point: she isn't even good enough to pass this test! I guess, Tanake had told her that Junko was taking the test and he would see it as a part of the bride's training!

Hello everyone...it's my first time posting in this thread..

Omooo...I was waiting for someone to open this drama's thread and suffered since like 3 weeks ago and didnt realize it was opened until today! Thanks @ororomunroe for opening this thread! 

Love this drama so much and this is the first time i like a drama from Yamapi..had watched a lot of Yamapi's dramas before and this is the best one...others are okay and some are quite boring..

The OST Christmas Song by Back Number is so addicting! I keep replay the song the whole day..haha 

Is it true that they gonna extend this drama to more than 10 episodes? I heard it somewhere..

I can't believe the grandma gonna replace the cheif priest place to other guy..i need to watch ep.1-2 again..that is Takane's brother right? I seriously doesnt like the grandma..she supposed to understand her grandson's feeling and should let him marry to anyone that he loved..

@Ahpheng thanks for the cstrips..love all your 5-ji cstrips..hehe

I decided to make FMVs for 5-ji drama for each episodes because there are so many OTP scenes in each episodes! Want to keep it in my youtube acct. Now i'm trying to do for ep.6..

[FMV] 5-ji Kara 9-ji Made - OTP Scenes Ep1:

It's me again..LOL..

I wanna share the OST lyrics in Romaji.. i google the romaji lyrics and nowhere to found it..so i decided to use a converter apps to convert the lyrics to Romaji and edited a few word to match it with the song..

Christmas Song - back number lyrics  

Doko ka de kane ga natte 
rashiku nai kotoba ga ukan de 
samu sa ga kokochiyoku te 
are nande koi nanka shi te n daro u 

seiya da nan da to kurikaesu uta to 
wazatorashiku kirameku machi no sei ka na 

ai tai to omou kaisū ga 
ae nai to itai kono mune ga 
kimi no koto dō omou ka oshieyo u to shiteru 

ii yo sonna koto jibun de wakatteru yo 

santa to yara ni tanon de mo shikata nai yo nā 

dekire ba yoko ni i te hoshiku te 
doko ni mo i te hoshiku naku te 
boku no koto dake o zutto kangae te i te hoshii 

demo konna koto o tsutae tara kakkō warui shi 

nagaku naru dake da kara matomeru yo .. Kimi ga suki da 

hashagu koibito tachi wa 
tonakai no tsuno nanka hayashi te 
yoku hitomae de dekiru nā 
iya urayamashiku nante nai kedo 

kimi ga yorokobu purezento ttena n daro u boku da kega agerareru mono ttena n daro u 

daisuki da to itta henji ga 
omotte ta no to wa chigatte mo 
sore dake de kirai ni nante nare yashi nai kara 

hoshi ni negai o nante sa e ja nai kedo 

kekkyoku kun ja nai to iya na n datte 
miageteru n da 

ano toki kimi ni 
deatte tada sore dake de 
jibun mo shira nakatta jibun ga tsugi kara tsugini

ai tai to mainichi omotte te 
sore o kimi ni shitte hoshiku te 
surechigau hitogomi ni kimi o sagashi te iru 
konna hi wa o kano dare ka to waratteru ka na 
mune no oku no oku ga kurushiku naru 

dekire ba yoko ni i te hoshiku te 
doko ni mo i te hoshiku naku te 
boku no koto dake o zutto kangae te i te hoshii 
yappari konna koto tsutae tara kakkō warui shi 
nagaku naru dake da kara matomeru yo 
kimi ga suki da 

kikoeru made nan do datte iu yo 
kimi ga suki da

yellow-onion-head-emoticon-04.gif?130192I had thought, on sunday, I would be able to watch the episode 6 with the subtitles!!! cry milk bottle 2

Actually, only Tanake has proved his unselfishness in opposite to Mishima and Kiyomiya, while loving Junko.

Episode 1:

- Mishima promised that he would spend the day with her (on her birthday), if she was alone, but he didn't keep his promise. He only cancelled it without knowing that she was in the middle of nowhere.

- Kiyomiya didn't even propose to take her there and later, he didn't join her there in order to bring her back to the city. He only called her to make sure, she was alright.

Episode 2: 

- After failing the exam, none of them tried to console her. Kiyomiya was disappointed because this meant, she couldn't follow him there.

- Sure, her big dream is to move to New York.  However, it is more or less because her crush had been living there. Actually, Kiyomiya wants to go back to NY, but he would like to have her by his side. Yet, he never mentioned it. He only used NY without being really clear about his intentions. Mishima is also doing the same thing: waiting for her to move to NY! So they were putting Junko under pressure, just because they wanted her to follow them. Sure, it is her dream to be there, but it has been influenced by her former teacher! She didn't have it on her own imagining that she would meet him there and they would start dating.

Episode 4:

- Mishima kissed her without asking!

- They only started becoming more active in pursuing Junko, since Tanake had showed interest in her. They thought, they didn't need to be so active, since Junko has always been around them.

- Noone of them has ever met Junko's family! So far, her family asked her if she had a boyfriend... so they were never clear about their real intentions. Sure, for Kiyomiya, it is a little different, he has just come back from America, yet he never tried to meet her family.

Lemme join u @bebebisous33, I waited n refreshed the page everyday for the latest sub....:tears:and tomorrow nite is a new episode. I even finished the Japanese drama recommended by someone here(omg, I forgot who again, sorry), Date. Quirky n eccentric drama but quite funny.^_^

Thanks for joining this thread! The more, the merrier!! :):w00t:

@ororomunroe, Thanks for starting this thread. I'm so happy you, @bebebisous33, and @Ahpheng mentioned this drama in the OMV thread.  I just had to give it a try  yesterday evening, found myself processing that there are not subs for #6  panda-emoticon-05.gif at midnight.  @briseis and bebebisous33 your discussions are invaluable for someone who just can't get this story out of my head. It's compelling to watch Tanake who's so sincere. I'm just head over heels with this very nuanced performance being given by Yamashita. ( I can feel my first jdrama crush is coming) just being able to watch him finally experiencing what it's like to have friends, be around a loving family. Things that most of us take for granted, is very endearing. I'm also enjoying watching our Junko's reactions to this man. At first he was acting  stalkerish, I don't blame her for being apprehensive at first. She is trying to be so worldly but, from her reaction that her teacher had a woman and her constantly reprimanding her family to just be quiet, she is not a cool as she thinks she is. 

@nonski,  @delfin@zagigirl, @plappi, Hello.                               

@fidda868, Thank you for making FMV. I like the song a lot too.                   

Ahpheng, Thank you for the C-strips:wub:                                              

@ororomunroe, Thanks for starting this thread. I'm so happy you, @bebebisous33, and @Ahpheng mentioned this drama in the OMV thread.  I just had to give it a try  yesterday evening, found myself processing that there are not subs for #6  panda-emoticon-05.gif at midnight.  @briseis and bebebisous33 your discussions are invaluable for someone who just can't get this story out of my head. It's compelling to watch Tanake who's so sincere. I'm just head over heels with this very nuanced performance being given by Yamashita. ( I can feel my first jdrama crush is coming) just being able to watch him finally experiencing what it's like to have friends, be around a loving family. Things that most of us take for granted, is very endearing. I'm also enjoying watching our Junko's reactions to this man. At first he was acting  stalkerish, I don't blame her for being apprehensive at first. She is trying to be so worldly but, from her reaction that her teacher had a woman and her constantly reprimanding her family to just be quiet, she is not a cool as she thinks she is. 

@nonski,  @delfin@zagigirl, @plappi, Hello.                               

@fidda868, Thank you for making FMV. I like the song a lot too.                   

Ahpheng, Thank you for the C-strips:wub:                                              

I am glad that you have joined us smileys and that you decided to try it! Honestly, when you watch this drama for the second time, you can pay more attention to the little details. Sure, Tanake appears cold and stoic like a stone, but only if you watch his eyes and his micro-expressions, then you'll notice that he is so different from what he appears. 

I didn't blame Junko for rejecting him first. It was understandable. But from the episode 5, I started judging her differently. Like she said, she didn't confront Tanake, just like she didn't confess her love for Kyiomyia before he left for NY. She wasn't brave enough, like she said, she didn't want to get hurt. She ran away from her responsabilities and I believe, this problem will continue in the next episode. On the other hand, her crush isn't better too. He hesitated for a while, until he made his move encouraged by Arthur.

Actually, I wasn't pleased with Arthur's meddling. He knew how it had been difficult for Tanake to get close to her and he had seen that Junko had another suitor... why did he add his chief? 

Guest ororomunroe

Lemme join u @bebebisous33, I waited n refreshed the page everyday for the latest sub....:tears:and tomorrow nite is a new episode. I even finished the Japanese drama recommended by someone here(omg, I forgot who again, sorry), Date. Quirky n eccentric drama but quite funny.^_^

that was me! Glad you enjoyed it. Did you watch the special episode as well? 

tumblr_ny8noch2Qe1s8t96qo1_540.png

5→9 EPISODE 7 ENGLISH LESSON 

“I can’t…I want to see him.”

OMG! YES! YES!! YES!!! SHE IS CRYING BECAUSE SHE MISSES HIM!!!She’s drinking and binge eating because she is trying to forget her flustration but the moment she remembers his smiling face she can’t help herself! SHE LOVES HIM! THANK YOU DRAMA GODS!

@ororomunroe, I can't find the Date Sp episode online, maybe u can pm me the site. #I already found and watched the Special episode, hahha...as expected very quirky but sweet.

@briseis, tq for the latest preview vid, I love that little kid(Kokoro) so cute. I really want Junko to realize who loves her most and choose him(Takane), not Kiyomiya whom she had a crush on. And with Amane in the mix, expecting to see some jealousy from Takane too, especially his facial expression that he tried so hard to maintain.:D Can't wait for new episode!!!

Has the eng sub for ep.6 updated? I'm so pitty to a few of my friends that waiting for the sub to come out and until today they didnt update..

@Ahpheng & @ororomunroe  did you guys succeeded or not watching the ep.6 with sub?

@briseis thanks for sharing the yt link!!..i can't wait to watch next ep!! She loves him!! 

Can somebody PM me the live streaming link to watch fujitv?

What gonna happen when Junko san knows that Makoto's wife has died? Will she stay with Hoshikawa or goes back to her crush Makoto? 

I have to admit that Hoshikawa who doesnt like to smile looks more handsome..that cold face is so hot!! Hoshikawa san, please dont smile too much.. Ekekekekeke

Guest ororomunroe

@fidda868,

there are two fan subbing groups. One of them has released it but it's password protected :( 

The other one haven't updated yet. 

Archived