[Drama 2015] 5-ji Kara 9-ji Made (From Five To Nine) 5時から9時まで

Guest ororomunroe

@plappi just when i was thinking to go slow...just 1&2 ep today..i found your gifs tuctuc.gif...who'll go slow now???? Me?...not! ;)

Ep 1

I like the girl...she's good, working, have a dream...hmm...and a crush on her english teacher...somehow i knew that manager who will came from NY is he

Didn't like how her family trick her to go on a blind date...but dinner was cute...she couldn't resist cramps ;)

..and then he was everywhere...poor her...he kind of real fast get determined that she's the one :D

When she saw his grandma and all the temple members at her door was really funny lol.gif

Felt so sorry for her at the bus stop with the rain and all :(...but when he came and he congratulates her birthsday...almost kiss then her sneeze...just perfect :wub:

He locked her up at the end????? :o ...can't wait to see what he has in mind :)

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been following this drama and like it but at times the lead girl makes me want to pull her hair out. I can understand being torn between her dream and marriage to our lead guy who is a monk. But this man has told her that she could still do the things she wants as long as she does not leave him. He cares about her and has tried to get her to see this. Although some of his actions have been a bit selfish and arrogant. I chalk it up to his not having any real experience with women or dating for obvious reason.

I feel like she runs hot and cold at times with him and runs to him when the man she wants does not return her attention or like in Episode 5 she finds a picture of him with a woman having married and she needs a shoulder to cry on. This man has feelings too and she knows he loves her and wants to marry her he has told her. I am happy that he did not give in to her at that love motel and felt it was very selfish of her to take him there wanting someone to affirm to her that she is special and loved. This man is a monk and his backing away from her was the right thing to do.

I am not sure where his grandmother is going with bringing in this other guy or who he is until I see the subs on episode 6 but she should be ashamed of trying to break them up all because she likes another girl who she feels is more suited to be the wife of a monk.

Does anyone know how many episodes this drama is?

Hi there, @Ahpheng, and thank you for letting me know about this new thread! It's great to see that the show has become so popular among international fans; I get so  much feedback on my blog that there are always tons of messages awaiting in my inbox each day. It's really amazing considering how much more difficult it's to download or watch jdramas as oppposed to for instance kdramas, particularly now that d-addicts abolished their torrent site; plus it takes longer time for them to get subbed. I can see some familiar faces around here, as well, with whom I spent so much time in various kdrama threads like Healer, SLA or YWCFS. I've been writing my usual ramblings about this show on my blog since it started airing back in early October, someone of you might be familiar with them ;-) (all those lengthy dissections of every expression and gesture), together with news, BTS and photos. 

http://dreamingsnowflake2013.tumblr.com/

I admit I don't visit Soompi as much as I used since Healer ended as opposed to 2014-February 2015 when I pretty much lived here, because 2015 have been a huge disappointment for me in KDramaland (though, I have high hopes for SFD which I'd like to start marathoning once 5-9 ends in December),but I can repost my posts here occasionally as well as I'm used to do with kdramas; that's no problem. It's always great to share with so many amazing fans.

I would just like to ask everyone, particularly @plappi, that you don't repost other people's work (gifs, fanart without giving proper credit) because it is against Soompi rules and it's unfair to the people who have spend so much time making it. So don't forget to always add the source, for instance like this:

tumblr_nxt3w5iHCx1s8t96qo3_r3_250.giftumblr_nxt3w5iHCx1s8t96qo2_r4_250.gif

tumblr_nxt3w5iHCx1s8t96qo7_r2_250.giftumblr_nxt3w5iHCx1s8t96qo10_r1_250.gif

Source:http://dreamingsnowflake2013.tumblr.com/post/133264594464/i-dont-want-to-go-home-stay-with-me

@briseis, oh, I am very sorry. I didn't mean to forget about credits. I came back and indicated all of them. 

Thanks again.

These gif I took not from where you entered. I pointed out a credit for them too.

No problem :-). I know people tend to forget due to the excitement of all the amazing scenes ;-).

So here it is as I promised - my newest recap post:

THE INVISIBLE SMILE

One of the things which make 5→9 so addictive, interesting and satisfying is the way each episode is build up - the first half is basically a set-up, where the writer carefully places subtle hints and plots, like pieces of a puzzle which come together in the second half and the climax where it all makes sense. So while the first half implies and let’s us make our own opinion the second half gives us the answers and revelations. Each episode basically adds new level of complexity to the whole story, giving the characters more nuances and revealing their motivations, and it’s also a one big puzzle piece on its own, slowly completing the whole picture. This show is much more than your typical rom-com and the people who still think otherwise have only barely scratched the surface.

tumblr_nxz655zNXR1s8t96qo6_400.pngtumblr_nxz655zNXR1s8t96qo1_400.png

While I love the final scene as much as the next Takane&Junko shipper, my favourite is this one together with the memorial scene directly preceeding the wedding, because the final is only about Junko finally admiting to herself that she’s been blind the whole time long, whereas these two scenes actually show how she finally realizes how wrong she has been and what sort of man Takane really is. Because at last she is able to look at him properly and to really see him for the first time. After all his efforts to win her heart, she finally begins to care enough to properly look at him. 

tumblr_nxz655zNXR1s8t96qo4_400.pngtumblr_nxz655zNXR1s8t96qo2_400.png

“I told you the other day, didn’t I? That the loved ones of my beloved become my loved ones as well.”

This is how Takane answers Junko after she wonders why he’s watching the tapes when they contain just normal family home videos (though he sheepishly admits that he’s happy to be able to watch little Junko and later when he is changing the tape that he keeps watching because he wants to see what she was like when young; sorry Sachie grandma, your memorial preparation is merealy a collateral consequence) and it pretty much breaks my heart. It might have sounded cheesy coming from anyone else (and for a moment it does sound cheesy to Junko, as well), but from Takane it’s such a poignant and heartfelt declaration (something Junko realizes moments later). BECAUSE FOR HIM THERE IS NOTHING EVEN REMOTELY NORMAL ABOUT IT! He doesn’t know this sort of normalcy that is so typical for most people, he can barely remember the normalcy and intimacy of his parent’s embrace and he most definitely doesn’t have home videos which document his childhood with a loving family because he has lost the possibility for such normalcy the day his parents died when he was barely 7 years old. He was left orphaned and alone with his baby brother and a strict grandmother who didn’t know how to show love to him; and despite the fact that both women rarely smile Junko’s grandmother couldn’t be more different from his. He lost his family the moment he lost his parents and I think it’s family which he wants to have with Junko, Not the dysfunctional kind he has with his grandma and brother, but the sort the Sakurabas have - loud, nagging, cheerful, loving and one where its members openly show their affection for each other. That’s why he keeps visiting them so often, apart from wanting to spend more time with Junko, of course; that’s why he is so hell-bent on not going through with the arranged marriage (he’s had a lifetime of cold and loveless); that’s why he told Junko he wants to be husband and wife and for them to have a family together. What makes me so happy about this particular development is that it’s something I already mentioned in one of my recaps of episode 1 because Takane’s sadness and loneliness is something that was palpable from the very start thanks to YT’s tremendous performance and ability to bring such small nuances to his acting even with minimal hints in the script.

tumblr_nxz655zNXR1s8t96qo5_400.pngtumblr_nxz655zNXR1s8t96qo8_400.png

http://dreamingsnowflake2013.tumblr.com/post/131447884684/perhaps-only-people-who-are-capable-of-real

http://dreamingsnowflake2013.tumblr.com/post/131439200599/my-feels-i-love-the-way-the-writers-adding

“Sachie-san really wasn’t someone who smiled a lot, was she?”

“You are the same. I have never seen you smile.”

“When I’m with you I actually smile more than usual.”

Aren’t all smiles invisible if there is no one to see them? If there is no one to care enough to look for them? It’s true Takane isn’t the most expressive person and that he is quite reserved and taciturn, which is something that comes with his upbringing and responsibiites as an heir to the temple, basically spending a lifetime of guarding his emotions and thoughts and being dignified. Although, it’s something that has gradually started to change since the moment he met Junko. However, he isn’t completely expressionless or arrogant and he truly does smile when he is around her but she never bothers to look at him because she is too busy rejecting him, avoiding him or running from him. I thought it so fitting when she started to watch him with huge eyes, intently searching for a hint of his smile, expecting him to smile at her mark,  and he became so nervous and out of sorts, because one of the his most endearing character traits is his brutal sincerity and the fact that he can’t fake it even if his life depended on it.

tumblr_nxz655zNXR1s8t96qo7_540.png

I love this scene because it show how functional and domestic they can be together. It’s the first time we get to see Takane wearing informal clothes and by the time he hugged Junko so needily after she put the pin on his hair (COUPLE PINS!!! MY FEELS!) I pretty much turned into a puddle of shippy mess! I SWEAR HE GIVES THE BEST OF HUGS! SO PASSIONATE AND NEEDY BUT ALSO GENTLE! He is so shocked, unsettled and perplexed by the fact that she came so close to him herself, that she is willingly touching him so gently and it’s not because she wants to use him for a rebound sex! And he hugs her so spontaneously and instictively becase he can’t no longer resist the temptation of being so close to her. Rather than sexual, the embrace is much more about comfort and the need for the gentleness of human touch. HOW AWESOME IS IT THAT HE IS THE CUDDLY TYPE?! And it’s so bittersweet that in the end he is so much affected by it while she so little.

tumblr_nxz655zNXR1s8t96qo10_540.pngtumblr_nxz655zNXR1s8t96qo9_540.png

welcome onboard @briseis , hello there *wave*. Thanks for sharing your insightful and awesome ramblings here. No wonder I have not seen you around Soompi thread lately, not that I am active there, guess you have found your OTP of the year in this drama. Just started watching this week and been crazy over it since, gonna read your earlier ramblings too. Watching a drama with you is always a pleasure. :wub:

@azzurri kawan, come and join us here, you're the one that first recommended me to this drama. 

@mywebfoot chinggu, join us !'

Omg....squeee, tq for starting this thread. Been waiting for ages for someone to do it so I can join in. :D Hello everyone! My last thread was Mask and since then I was just a silent reader until this japanese drama came along. Watched it out of curiousity and got totally hooked in the end that I keep on refreshing the pages for latest subbed episode ie ep6. Totally fell for Takane n Junko. I also see some familiar names here and hopefully we can enjoy our time discussing abt the drama. Tq sooo much, I am so happy I felt like dancing...(ugh,until now still dunno how to use gifs/memes/ pix to express my feels).  Sorry for my ramblings, hv a nice day everyone.:)

Guest ororomunroe

So many people have joined in. Hi everyone! Do let others know about this thread.

I decided to post my favourite scenes from ep 1: 

- When they first 'met' - technically it's not really a meeting when your soulmate has just upended an urn on your head but hey, it's pretty original :lol:

- When she got seduced by the crabs. I laughed so hard because I could see myself doing the same thing. Eating lunch with someone I didn't really like because my favourite food was right there, tempting me :P 

- When he decided to listen to his grandma about the arranged marriage. 

- The umbrella, the apology for being late, the accidental-turned-real hug, the first near-kiss!! (that damn sneeze :angry:), the roses, the missed call(s).  

- The ending. 'the moment I met you, I became weird'. 

Thanks @ororomunroe for making this thread. I never imagine all venussian and PAC join in this thread. Actually, I wanna watch this drama, but I prefer to watch some Kdrama. Then, @Ahpheng mention this drama in OMV thread. So, I've download and watching till 00.00 am last night. :sweatingbullets:Last Jdrama I've watched is Itazurana kiss 2(love in tokyo). 

Guest ororomunroe

Thanks @ororomunroe for making this thread. I never imagine all venussian and PAC join in this thread. Actually, I wanna watch this drama, but I prefer to watch some Kdrama. Then, @Ahpheng mention this drama in OMV thread. So, I've download and watching till 00.00 am last night. :sweatingbullets:Last Jdrama I've watched is Itazurana kiss 2(love in tokyo). 

Hi chingu! I recommend another Jdrama - Date. There's a Soompi thread as well - http://forums.soompi.com/en/topic/346103-japanese-drama-2015-date-デート~恋とはどんなものかしら~/ It's not like 5ji but it's a very good drama. As you can see from my signature, it's a 2015 fave :P 

Guest ororomunroe

Thanks @ororomunroe.Maybe you can read my mind. I am googling for recommended Jdrama, then you give me the link. Have you watch another Yamapi drama? (Algernoon ni Hanataba wo?). 

No I haven't. So far, I've only watched two 2015 dramas - this one and Date. 

There are a couple of other 2015 ones that I want to see:

Otona Joshi

Mother Game

The Memorandum of Kyoko Okitegami

Masshiro (only 3 episodes subbed :()

Lunch no Akko-chan

Age Harassment

Konkatsu Deka (no subs yet)

Kekkonshiki no Zenjitsu ni

Samurai Sensei  (no subs yet)

Seishun Tantei Haruya

Gisou no Fuufu

Isan Souzoku (no subs yet)

Kari Kare (no subs yet)

Mako-senpai no Iutoori  (no subs yet)

@Ayu Rashid, the drama is Rich Man, Poor Woman (2012). Did you watch the special?

Guest ororomunroe

@ororomunroe

There are a couple of other 2015 ones that I want to see:

Gisou no Fuufu

And this ongoing I translate too with my team ))) And Algernoon too, but slowly ))) 

And I really like them both. 

Let me know if it's good/bad ending. I don't want to start it if the pay-off isn't worth it :P 

@ororomunroe, thx for the correction. I hv yet to watch the SP episode, only read the review since bn too bz with korean dramas. Thinking of watching Samurai Sensei if I can squeeze my time somewhere between the k-dramas. Right now I am still crazy in love with Takane<3Junko that I can't think of other things, hahah...:lol:

@Ahpheng thanks for invite! Certainly this drama deserves a forum, so thanks @ororomunroe !

@azzurri got me watching too, so we are both her converts :P

I also want to know how many eps this drama has? 

Awww @azzurri she's such a sweetheart! I remember how she kept mentioning the both of you in every post she reblogged from me, pestering you to finally start the show and telling you how awesome it's. Actually, there are so many Healer fans and YWCFTS who watch this show and it's amazing how much this fandom has grown in a month! I remember that at the start of October I was basically alone in the 5-9 Tumblr tag, but so many people has joined since then! The drama is like crack - it makes you anticipate Mondays! Unfortunately, we have already passed the halfway mark and in a month I will need to deal with a terrible case of withdrawal syndrome. I should start to mentally prepare myself already!

Archived