• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@RoseM

5wfYVaVERRA9635957000435761816.jpg

Park Joo Mi who plays Jeong Nan Jeong with Director Lee Byeong Hun

hQX8XTDAFt3e635957000177159791.jpg

Lee Byeong Hun with Jeonokseo staff, next to him is Kim Eung Soo ( 김응수) who now plays Jeonokseo Jubu ( 전옥서 주부,注簿 - 6th rank officialdom defer from the website cast list) while the person giving out the peace sign is Ok Nyeo Foster Father (양아버지),  Ji Cheon Deuk (지천득 played by Jeong Eun Pyo  정은표,  Jeonokseo Seori 전옥서 서리,胥吏 8th rank officialdom) 

Further information to the cast

5wfYVaVERRA9635957000435761816.jpg

Park Joo Mi ( 박주미 who plays Jeong Nan Jeong) reunited with Lee Byeong Hun & Writer Choi Wan Kyu after 16 years

She was in Heo Jun (2000) where she played Gong Bin of Kim clan (mother of Gwanghaegun) which was directed by Lee Byeong Hun & Writer Choi Wan Kyu (Flower in Prison scriptwriter & famously wrote Jumong)

hQX8XTDAFt3e635957000177159791.jpg

Kim Eung Soo ( 김응수, centreJeonokseo Jubu ( 전옥서 주부,注簿 - 6th rank officialdom) will most likely be an antagonist baddie (he always play baddie in sageuk), ruthless to the prisoners & make quick profits from prisoners. Just a brief note that he is the father of Kim So Eun who played Princess Sukhwi ( 숙휘공주) in Horse Doctor (directed by Lee Byeong Hun)

@Rosem Milla

The Instagram "diddid00" belongs to the actress Yi Ip Sae ( 이잎새 )

She is the lady in the red hanbok giving the thumb up

She appears in Lee Byeong Hun drama - Heo Jun, Dae Jang Geum & Yi San

47438887808e1&filename=10.jpg

Left - in Dae Jang Geum as Yeong Ro; Yi San as Jo Bi

fip_photo160404140815imbcdrama0.jpg

Flower in Prison "Gosa" ritual, Yi Ip Sae is dressed in white blouse making the fist pump

@RoseM

1460180489342_99_20160409144505.jpg?type

It looks like Lee Byeong Hun & the Flower in Prison crew had gone to the Baegam Myeon Polling station for early voting to cast their votes for the Legislative or Parliamentary election that will be on Wednesday 13th April 

Eligible voters, who may be busy or away on election day which falls on Wednesday, can simply show up at a polling station during the early voting period and cast their ballots.

Stamps on the hands showed that they have casted their ballots

@RoseM

"Where is this ..so pretty"

The Instagram Kang Kyung Ho is a drone operator who went to China for 4 days (whether it is part of location shoot for Flower in Prison in not known, but he did tag the drama)

160E6A594E535B3F1786C1

This place or location is "Laolongtou" (老龍頭, Old Dragon Head, No Ryeong Do

노룡두), in Qinghuangdao in Heibei, China. This is where the Great Wall (eastern end of Ming Dynasty Great wall) meets the Bohai Sea ( 渤海 also known as the Bohai Gulf but to the West will known this as Gulf of Chihli). It is part of the the Shan Hai Guan (山海關, 산해관, the Shanhai pass, the Eastern pass of the Great Wall)

It is a great place to visit to get the feel the grandeur of the Great Wall that the Ming Dynasty had built

Directions: There are high speed trains that run daily Between Beijing & Shanhaiguan Station. The Shanhaiguan main gate or pass ( 天下第一關  or the First pass under heaven) is just 10 mins walk from the station. For Laolongtou (老龍頭, Old Dragon Head) take a bus No 13 or 25

874ac956642e4af4beb1e9a2.png

I will suppose that Koreans will want to visit this place, as Bohai ( 渤海 ) or Balhae ( 발해 ,渤海 ) was once a Korean Kingdom in 698-926. The founder was Dae Jo Yeong (2007 KBS Drama)

As I just found out from the Drone operator Instagram

9nYYZEToaejr635956147757857742.jpg

The location for this scene from the Flower of the Prison preview of this bamboo forest is in Gijang County, Ahopsan (아홉산숲) Bamboo Forest in Busan (부산 기장 대나무숲, or  부산 기장 아홉산 숲 ). It is also the location site for the 2015 Korean film "The Tiger, an old hunter's tale" (대호 大虎)

Directions: Take a KTX to Busan then take a local train from Bojeon Station ( 부전역) to Gijang Station ( 기장역) then a taxi to Ahopsan Bamboo Forest (아홉산숲)

@RoseM

Instagram "ggir.9" is a Japanese tourist who went to the MBC Yongin Studio & caught the ongoing filming of Flower In Prison set. She caught a photo of Ok Nyeo (Jin Se Yeon) on set

You can try a historical costume from the MBC for photo at W20,000. She pay the "rental" to don Dong Yi Consort hanbok. Her friend wore jang Hee Bin's

On 4/6/2016 at 11:49 PM, cafe99 said:

I'm back (finally!)

Here's a post about it in Dramabeans: http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/04/costumed-and-hairstyled-for-mbcs-sageuk-flower-in-prison/

Also, I can't believe the amount of contempt towards Jin SeYeon in the comments (in every single article about her in DB there is so much of it)...

Like, for real, the same people who complain is the same people that in other posts are defending and glorifying not-so-good actors (and mostly because their pretty faces or bc the "chemistry/hotness", etc)

I deleted my post prolly not apt :D

But just to say again I watch a drama for the story.. so here I am checking sill this one.

Well. One thing I can say for sure.. the costumes here.. way way wayyyyy better and more beautiful than what I'm seeing with Scarlet Ryeo/Moon Lovers. :D:P

@ronayJ thanks for thae pics..gosh he looks fantastic. Gruff or clean shaven!  :wub:

@ymiss, @roseM, @djappleblush, @tw120127, @imot @jadecloud  thanks for pics and updates. I don't really watch period/saeguk/costume drama but I'm gonna check this :)

DieIXb2.jpg

n8zjucd.jpg

qJbYyU2.jpg

Spoiler

g7gVneL.jpg

CR: As tagged (pardon if these have been posted, haven't backtracked much)

JSY had an MBC interview on 4/8/16. She said

"To me, acting in 'The Prison of Flower' is not a choice. It's an opportunity".

She went on to say this is a role that any actress has to take on, and she is glad to be given this opportunity, and to act with this excellent cast. MORE... (CR: JSY Weibo)

Archived