I wonder how beautiful the set must be for then to push back the premier date by one month because it wasn't ready xD

--------

Anyways 

Its almost February and I'm getting so excited because we are so close to seeing them start filming !

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seeing how they spent 3 billion won (around 2.5 million USD) on the set alone, it must be pretty grand:) the set wasn't ready because apparently PD Lee Byun Hoon wanted to build entirely new sets when historical dramas were usually filmed in already built sets...such ambition LOL

I find the historical drama sets in MBC are usually the best compared to the other broadcasting channels, hence why MBC is often Known for its high ratings historical dramas like Dae Jang Geum, The Moon embracing the sun, Queen Seondeok, Dong Yi, etc. 

Come to think of it, Lee Young Ae's comeback drama Saimdang will be in the same Saturday/Sunday timeslot! (Except it will be broadcasted in September instead of April) well, hope both dramas get high ratings! 

He wanted entire new sets ?? Woooowww seems like he has great expectations  for this drama and wants no mistakes!  XD 

Saimdang is already filmed, wonder why they're releasing it in September  ( that drama looks amazing from the teasers)

The Flower in Prison Upcoming Korean Drama 2016 - Ko Soo & Jin Se Yun

The Flower in Prison a 50 episode historical series starting soon on MBC. The lead role Ko Soo and Jin Se-Yun will surely make us entangled with their on screen chemistry. The flower in the prison title attract us so we decided to give it a try.

Its the drama about a couple who belongs fromJoseon Dynasty era, Ok-Nyeo (Jin Se-Yun) was born in prison. She belongs to weji-boo which helps people in the realm of law. Where as Ko Soo who is 16 year older will be destined to meet each other.

The Flower in Prison Upcoming Korean Drama 2016 - Ko Soo & Jin Se Yun

We had watch watch lot many series of Ko Sooand enjoy a lot specially the movie Love 911, and the tv series include My Fair Lady, Marrying a millionaire, Empire of Gold and now flower in the prison will be added in our que list.

Jin Se Yun we remember her from the dramaBridal Mask, Doctor Stranger and Inspiring Generation. 

We wish there will be a happy ending for both the couples in the drama. Because many historical dramas had a tragical ending or they sacrifies for one another.

On 1/29/2016 at 4:03 AM, RoseM said:

Choi tae joon might play the Queens son ,Grand Prince Gyeongwon

Choi Tae Joon will be Crown Prince OMG!!...drooling right now. He can be my prince anytime hihi okay never mind :P Thanks for the info @RoseM Looking forward to see my crown prince  :wub:

Hope to see some Behind The Scene shoots pretty soon once the casts start shooting. Sounds like a grand scale historical drama.  

I'm getting scared about the ending to this drama! I watched the endings of Jumong, Land of the Wind, and Heo Joon just to see what this writer's style is like, and all of these historical dramas this writer had written ended tragically! The main leads were separated in the end in Jumong, and one of the leads died in both Land of the Wind and Heo Joon. Heo Joon dies even though he's the title character! I just hope this drama will have a happy ending tbh, even though tragic endings tend to be more remembered...I can't bear to see our main leads unhappy/crying in the last episode! 

On a more cheerful note, every one of PD Lee Byun Hoon's dramas ended happily except for Yi San (and Yi San had a sad ending because it needed to follow history). Since both Go Soo and Se Yeon's characters are made up by the writer, hopefully they'll have their happy ending...:rolleyes:

Oh lord, seems like he thinks he's George R Martin and can kill off the leads whenever he wants xD 

I really hope it isn't the case here 

JSY died in like 2 of her dramas already ,( Bridal mask were she was the main lead and inspiring generation were she was supporting ) I don't want the curse to continue xD 

The PD picks his dramas very wisely and seeing how him and the writer worked together before makes it even more likely he might have some say in the writing .

I was devastated when Mok Dan died in Bridal Mask! But I kinda knew it m toward the end of the drama that either her or Kang To was going to die. Come to think of it, Go Soo dies a lot in his film/movies too LOL. I think he died in Empire of Gold as well as White Night. He also died in Royal Tailor :tears: Almost thought he was going to die in Love 911 but thank god it was a romantic comedy....Seems like both out leads like to act heavier roles :sweatingbullets:

At least he's not like Kang Dong Won who dies in almost all of of his movies :tears:

Dear writer,  please have mercy us! This drama is meant to be inspirational right? Don't kill us with a bad ending!

Both our leads have met with an unfortunate faith in their recent dramas ,and now the people known for having their characters  die is now leading in a drama together, what a wonderful thing :lol:

------'

I know the rating would be good ,seeing how it's a weekend drama but it would be even nicer if it exceeds the limit of either 30 or 40% !

jeon kwang leol has been cast in Jackpot, airing in march ,he is really busy ! Seeming how he took another project his character might only in here for a couple episodes, maybe playing a bad guy .

I  really hope as well we get some women  swords person!  It would be even better if JSY knows how to fight ,she's playing a brave ,smart girl ,so she needs to know how to fight !

@RoseM thanks for the update via the posted article. Watching this for Ko Soo and JSY. Good character for her. Smart girl and will be helping others 'in the realm of law". It's great to see kdrama giving female lead a good character. I'm sure you know what I mean. character that is not not the weepy  willowy kind. :)

OMGosh, you guys.

I'm with you on dreaming/praying/hoping/fantasizing/demanding/requesting for a happy ending for both our leads - preferably the one they end up both alive AND together, not the one where they are both alive but living separately. If the 2nd ending happens, then they should have rather died together. LOL. Ok, that's such a bad picture.

Anyway, yes, I am also happy that Koreans are now more inclined to write and present strong female characters. To be honest, I'm tired of candy-girl characters who always get beat up (figuratively, but sometimes literally) despite having their famous feisty attitude, always getting manhandled by the main lead. I mean, sure, we all love some drool and swoon worthy moments, but there's just too much of that in the past years. Enjoyable, yet easily forgotten characters.

I think this is why people tend to hate Se Yeon. She's an actress who refuses to be cut out from the same mold, making herself stand out amidst the sea of seasoned actresses. She knows she has an acting prowess that needs to be developed more and is not afraid to take on roles that would make her grow. :)

Likewise for Koo Soo, whose acting talents strive to do what's best for his chosen role.

I really think that despite the huge age gap (which is what - 16 years?), chemistry won't be much of a problem. I don't know with you, but I'm really looking forward to seeing these two romancing each other on screen. Historical dramas have slow, sweet pacing when it comes to love-lines. Just please don't let it end with a painful, traumatic jump off the very steep cliff for either of my babies.

My poor heart won't be able to accept that after all those 50 episodes of pining and rooting for 'em both. Please, writer and PD-nim, don't be cruel.

I'm watching you.

28 minutes ago, dalappleblush said:

OMGosh, you guys.

I'm with you on dreaming/praying/hoping/fantasizing/demanding/requesting for a happy ending for both our leads - preferably the one they end up both alive AND together, not the one where they are both alive but living separately. If the 2nd ending happens, then they should have rather died together. LOL. Ok, that's such a bad picture.

Anyway, yes, I am also happy that Koreans are now more inclined to write and present strong female characters. To be honest, I'm tired of candy-girl characters who always get beat up (figuratively, but sometimes literally) despite having their famous feisty attitude, always getting manhandled by the main lead. I mean, sure, we all love some drool and swoon worthy moments, but there's just too much of that in the past years. Enjoyable, yet easily forgotten characters.

I think this is why people tend to hate Se Yeon. She's an actress who refuses to be cut out from the same mold, making herself stand out amidst the sea of seasoned actresses. She knows she has an acting prowess that needs to be developed more and is not afraid to take on roles that would make her grow. :)

Likewise for Koo Soo, whose acting talents strive to do what's best for his chosen role.

I really think that despite the huge age gap (which is what - 16 years?), chemistry won't be much of a problem. I don't know with you, but I'm really looking forward to seeing these two romancing each other on screen. Historical dramas have slow, sweet pacing when it comes to love-lines. Just please don't let it end with a painful, traumatic jump off the very steep cliff for either of my babies.

My poor heart won't be able to accept that after all those 50 episodes of pining and rooting for 'em both. Please, writer and PD-nim, don't be cruel.

Hidden Content

LMFAOOO ,if they end up living but separate, I would also rather them die together as well ,then I can rest knowing they're together in the afterlife  ( dark ) . D

It's the same with Kim. Jae wook in IG when his character  ( (SPOILER )  

Died And later on whem seYeon character died ,since I shipped them so much in IG , I was so happy ( not that she died lol ) but because her and Kim Jae wook character  ( Soo Ok ) can be together :x 

@RoseMI was totally shipping Kim Jae Wook with Se Yeon in IG too! I was so mad when his character got killed off without any explanation due to a writer change, since I think the two had more chemistry IMO (especially the scene with them skating, I was sold.)

Back to topic, I love the fact that almost all of Se Yeon's characters have been strong willed and speak their mind whenever they don't agree with the male lead. I dislike how some female characters in Korean dramas are always getting grabbed by the wrist and just go along with whatever others tell them to do (I'm always like don't be a pushover girl! Just put them back to their place!) And Ok Nyeon will most definitely defy the expectations of Joseon people and surpass the gender roles/class status and become a lawyer for the people! I believe the writer has had plenty of experience writing about law (i.e. Love story in Harvard) and I think he'll do great with this one. The premise of the drama is also pretty eye catching, since I've yet to watch a drama about lawyers in the past. Lawyer dramas seem to be a popular topic these days LOL with Remember being the highest rated Wed/Thursday drama

Since I have only a few dramas on my watching list I've been obsessing over Go Soo lol. I was searching up his clips/interviews and watched them just to see him in it even if I couldn't understand without any subs. There's something about his voice/smile that makes him very attractive! Not just his appearance but his acting too. His eyes are so sincere and genuine that it doesn't seem like he's acting. I think he's suited for a historical drama (even though he hasn't been in one) because he could pull off emotional/life death scenes very well. He's a very versatile actor!

I agree that I'd rather have a tragic ending with both leads dying rather than a tragic ending where they want to be together but couldn't because of politics/marriage. But I really hate tragic endings because half the tragic endings in Korean dramas are sad for the sake for being sad, like the leads totally have the opportunity to be together but are not because of miscommunication/noble idiocy. Ugh, the frustration! It's ok to have angst throughout the drama (hopefully mixed with sweet and tender moments) but not at the end! 

I just realized my post is getting super long and I'll end it here LOL

It would be so much more interesting to see how politics work in a historical dramas ,seeing how ,as someone else stated  that women were seen as lower ( if they're low born ,but even if they're born into a royal or high born family  they're still women aren't taken seriously within politics, same as the story of Queen munjeong  ) 

Yeah, I get your drift, girls.

Let's just hope for a happy ending. Maybe we can also start our prayer circle now, considering the writer and the PD nim have still many months to decide on the ending... unless they have already decided on it even before filming starts. Hm. It better be good or else....

Anyway.... my shipper heart is already shipping Se Yeon and Koo Soo and Se Yeon and the 2nd male lead (I forgot his name, sorry). I tend to ship Se Yeon with almost all her male co-stars. LOLOLOLOL.

It was posted on the SAY Baidu that they're getting prepared to start shooting 

----

世妍出演的MBC《狱中花》在准备阶段,马上就要开拍了。为了给我们喜爱的世妍加油打气,给辛苦 拍摄的她送去我们中粉的祝福,经管理组商讨决定,以世妍的名义对《狱中花》剧组进行大米应援。现在管理组已和经纪公司取得联系,具体的应援方式管理组将在贴里告知大家。 如果后续有变动也会再告知。PS:大米应援模板如下。

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/4337533150?post_type=normal&mo_device=1&pn=0&

For Dong Yi, the adult actors began shooting around a month and a half before first episode airs, and script reading is around a week or two before first shoot, so I'm guessing the script reading pics will come around late February or early March :) How I wish I have a time machine and just skip right to hat time! It would have been nice if the drama stuck with the original plan and follows my daughter Geum Sam wol, we would be seeing many pics from the cast now^_^

It seems that the Chinese fans are raising money so they could send oversea gifts to support Se Yeon and the cast of this drama!

One thing I've been wondering. If Ok Nyeo was born in prison, does it mean she was also raised there? Or was she adopted and raised in the outside world? Not sure about the prisoners during Joseon except they are social outcasts and the entire family for three generations is affected (if you have a family member who committed a crime, your offspring/relatives cannot take the government official exam) I bet Ok Nyeo's mother was slandered/wrongly accused of a crime she didn't do and that's what inspired Ok Nyeo to become a lawyer in Joseon. Maybe Ok Nyeo's mom is part of a conspiracy which may involve Yoon Won Hyun and Jung Nan Jang, both of whom I believe will be the main antagonists of the story. If that's the case, there will probably be a love hate relationship between our leads:tears: or maybe Go Soo's character is on opposite side of his family and works with Ok Nyeo to bring justice. I seriously should stop thinking about this drama so much. To the point that I would space out in school thinking about it Lol. My parents are always telling me to stop watching dramas and do something worthwhile. Haha but IMO Korean dramas have educational value - especially historical ones since you get to know some historical background in Korea that doesn't deviate too much from actual history, unlike the historical dramas in China lol. 

I cannot wait for the OSTs for this drama since the soundtrack for Dong Yi and Yi San are both beautiful! I keep listening to Yi San's "Promise", Jang Nara's song in Dong Yi,  and Yaerin's song in Horse Doctor over and over again. For some reason, I don't get tired of those songs even if I listen to them 50+ times LOL. Soundtrack in historical dramas are tragic in a beautiful way...:wub:

Archived