• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

posterphoto710436.jpg

Actors Jin Se-yeon and Ko Soo's MBC 55th Anniversary Special drama "The Flower in Prison" released a teaser.

The teaser was released on the 7th. It starts with director Lee Byeong-hoon's filmography and then the background of the drama which is actually located in the "Dae Jang Geum" theme park. The teaser is made up of colors and fancy bath scenes, along with gisaengs' drum performances and the cries of the prisoners in the Jeon Ok. Young Ok-nyeo (Jeong Da-bin) is running around busily in the teaser too.

Yoon Tae-won (Ko Soo) appears with a playful smile and the grown-up Ok-nyeo (Jin Se-yeon) looks intelligent. But soon the scene changes into the running feet of warriors who seem to be tracking down someone in a forest of bamboo trees.

The teaser ends with the two main characters walking past, not recognizing one another.

Jin Se-yeon plays Ok-nyeo who was born in a prison but is intelligent and bright. Ko Soo plays Yoon Tae-won who doesn't bring out his pain on the outside.

Meanwhile, "The Flower in Prison" is based in the Joseon times about Ok-nyeo and the mysterious character Yoon Tae-won. The first episode can be seen on April 30.

http://www.hancinema.net/video-jin-se-yeon-and-ko-soo-s-the-flower-in-prison-teaser-video-93207.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Wow Lee Byeong Hun signature is to always have the heroine in his drama running as though she is Usain Bolt. I remember Dong Yi did alot of running

Those who are interest in the bamboo forest

The location of the bamboo forest is Juknokwon Bamboo Forest in Damyang, Jeollanam-do Province

9nYYZEToaejr635956147757857742.jpg

Directions: Take a KTX train to Gwangju Station from Yongsan Station (Seoul, journey time 1h 30 mins). From Gwangju Station, take Bus No. 311 & get off at Juknokwon Bus Stop

OMGosh, but that teaser was so, so good. So lively and vivid, made my fingers itch. Ok, screen cap, replay, and pause buttons are definitely gonna be murdered on this drama, LOL.

The first teaser was surprisingly light, heart-warming, and exciting. I love, love, love the scenes and backdrops (which I told you about), and the beautiful costumes. But I surely am bracing myself for the heavy, heart-breaking, and gut-wrenching scenes that we'll inevitably have later on.

Also, the first music of the first teaser was just so "Last song syndrome" inducing. XD

Gah, April 30th is totally gonna be super- duper- mega- ultra exciting and fun!!! I cannot wait.

Oh, wait. I did say I'm gonna wait. ;) 

The trailer looks soooo amazing! :wub: The wait is worth it. Director Lee Byun Hoon really has an unique style of his own...I watched Dong Yi and Yi San and his style is instantly recognizable since he always puts bamboo scenes, colorful dancing scenes, and fireworks scenes in his dramas lol

The cinematography improved though since they now have more advanced equipment ;)

@ymiss Totally agree with your comment about Ko Soo's smile melting your heart...he melted mine too :wub: He definitely looks more handsome without the beard though...but he's handsome with any look 

Se Yeon definitely looks good in traditional clothing haha. I read in a translated interview that her wish is to wear silk hanboks for the drama since her female co stars get to wear them and she didn't. She also mentioned that she enjoyed filming with Ko Soo and that they will have many scenes together in the future :wub::wub::wub:

She also said that one thing that was hard for her was that in the drama, she had many martial arts scenes and that the sword is really heavy to hold first. She also learned how to ride a horse :) I can tell that she really worked hard for this drama and hopefully those haters will at least stop throwing those comments at her and actually recognize her hard work. 

Gosh I can only imagine what kind of chemistry Ko Soo is going to have with Se Yeon! I like the way the trailer was edited to make it seem like they were smiling at each other....

The director really knows how to choose the actors! Just look at Lee Young Ae, Lee Bo Young, Han Ji Min, And Han Hyo Joo...all of them are considered top stars now...

He said in the BTS video that he thought Se Yeon would fit the role since the character of Ok Nyeo is extremely smart and talented, and that it was important that the actress who plays her has kind eyes and look.

He chose Ko Soo for the role of Yoon Tae Won because Ko Soo resembles a man who is active, thoughtful, and has a good sense of humor. 

I'm so happy now that in less than a month, the drama will finally air!

Hopefully they will release a longer trailer with dialogue soon! 

Sorry for the uber-long post I just made lol...I couldn't help it. 

Right now, I could only wait for more updates and fantasize about our main leads together! :wub::wub::wub: *internally fangirls 

image_zpsikqw9gzk.jpeg

image_zpsblgfk2wc.jpeg

22 minutes ago, RoseM said:

Thank goodness oknyeo is skilled in martial arts, then we know she can defend herself lol

Yeah, she's totally not gonna be a damsel in distress. Also, considering the extensive supporting cast, it's pretty obvious Ok Nyeo will have a lot of mentors on different fields: martial arts, laws, literature, and such. So exciting! She's gonna be indeed a femme fetale, so far from all those candy girls we have in K-dramas nowadays.

I'm also becoming more and more interested in Goo Soo's character. Nothing much has been revealed about him, except that he's skilled and mysterious. I would have preferred him to have a very dark back story despite having him smile at the first trailer. I bet he's gonna be one unforgettable character.

I am excited for his scenes with Ok Nyeo in the drama. Since Goo Soo is already married in real life, I can't ship him with Se Yeon. But I can and I will definitely ship his character with Ok Nyeo baby. :)

@RoseM

The Instagram yoon_kyung222

She is Kim Yoon Kyeong, she play Min Dong Joo, who is the wife of Jeong Nam Jeong elder brother Jeong Mak Gae

She is the PA to jeong Nam Jeong

There is a family picture of the Jeongs with the Director Lee Byeong Hun. 

From L-R: Jeong Mak Gae, Min Dong Joo, Lee Byeong Hun & the lady in the turquoise hanbok, my guess she is Jeong Nan Jeong

Wow the teaser looks awesome! Thanks everyone for updates. This drama is really being given 'top class' treatment by all involved in the production of it. Feels really good that it is :) 

Btw, I've seen a csubbed vid about scriptreading, blessing ceremony, PDnim's thoughts, etc. I'll translate and engsub it soon as I can. Sooo excited to watch this prison flower!

Archived