New Commenting System on News Site

soomp

Hello, Soompiers!

We just upgraded our commenting system to Disqus to provide you a better commenting experience (sorry for changing it again so soon ^^;;)

You will automatically be logged in with your Soompi account, though you also have the option to comment under your various social network accounts as well.

Some of the key features:

• Notification when someone replies to you (Email Notification Settings)
  • Option to follow an article's comments (receive notifications)
  • Reply directly to comments (threaded comments)
  • For Moderators: moderate directly on the article
  • Up vote, down vote, flag as inappropriate
  • Avatar defaults to your forum avatar, but you can choose from Facebook, Twitter, or upload your own (Profile Settings)

All the old comments are still in the Latest News forum, and will eventually be imported back into Disqus once we receive them.

Please email help@soompi.com if you have any issues!

:D
-soomp

Thanks. I was not comfortable with the current system. I rather like you first system. Disqus is good. Widely used in number of site.

Why were you not comfortable? how was the first one? sorry if you feel like I am curious, I have been following soompi for many years but just recently I felt I should be more participative and so I created an account.:sweatingbullets:

Thanks. I was not comfortable with the current system. I rather like you first system. Disqus is good. Widely used in number of site.

Why were you not comfortable? how was the first one? sorry if you feel like I am curious, I have been following soompi for many years but just recently I felt I should be more participative and so I created an account.:sweatingbullets:

There was no edit function. And layout was not easy reading.

Guest pink_dolphins

Let's be honest. I like your articles more than 'allk...' but I luv to loiter over that site because it is more fun to comment there - more interactive. Don't be too damn conservative here - it feels like I have to tiptoe so as not to offend grandma. :crazy: Trolls actually make it more colorful - to be hated through comments. You want more traffic, right? Improve your notifications - learn from your competitor. Can't you put a notification icon in articles section? so that I will know right away if somebody replied. --- But your forums are great though. ;) 

There was no edit function. And layout was not easy reading.

Ahhh. Ok. Thanks for taking some time to reply :). I never paid attention to that before! I'll be paying more attention now. B)

Let's be honest. I like your articles more than 'allk...' but I luv to loiter over that site because it is more fun to comment there - more interactive. Don't be too damn conservative here - it feels like I have to tiptoe so as not to offend grandma. :crazy: Trolls actually make it more colorful - to be hated through comments. You want more traffic, right? Improve your notifications - learn from your competitor. Can't you put a notification icon in articles section? so that I will know right away if somebody replied. --- But your forums are great though. ;) 

Ya! you talk straight and square! feels good ;)

• soomp unpinned this topic

Archived