[ Drama 2016] Come Back Mister 돌아와요 아저씨

kaiskloset

19 minutes ago, maddymappo said:

Just about what happens to Da Hye and her daughter. Does she get together with the bio father of her daughter or he just remains friends with her? Why is she laughing in the elevator? Does she thinks they are playing let's pretend to not know each other and she thinks  its fun?  Is that Hong Nan look alike woman at the end really HGT? That doesn't make sense to me? A person doesn't reincarnate into a grown person - with parents and an entire life history? Who is she? All of those people at HGT's restaurant and his gang, how do they evolve and still know Song I Yeon?  Maybe I am over thinking it. 

all i can say is the DH knows that HJ in the elevator is the real HJ. She found out that HJ was her husband all along when he took all the carrots out of the  curry. thats why she ran to him and said something like "you did well today" like she would say to her husband whenever he came home from work. i don't think DH would go back to JH because DH told HJ that she wasnt willing to accept HJ into her life because she loved her husband. also JH met Hana and told him how much of an awesome dad Hana has and that he really admires HN's dad (Youngsu). hopefully this helps and for HN...im not sure as well..but sure seems like KT ha.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love the ending and how the real Hae Joon met up with the woman whom Han Gi Tak was imaged from. I wish they had another episode for those two. Anyhow, wish the 2 will act together in a comedy drama. They are so funny with good chemistry together Rain and OYS. 

This is my own theory. hope it can help those who are confused.

1. Who is Hong Nan doppelganger? Is she related to Gi Tak? 

Yes, I think she is Gi Tak. This girl wasn't shown to be existed in the original timeline where Gi Tak exists. So, she probably only exists in the new timeline where Gi Tak doesn't exist. It's reasonable to assume that the non-existence of Gi Tak lead to several changes in this new timeline (more of the changes below). So, one of the changes that the non-existence of Gi Tak bring about is that this girl, who otherwise would not be born in the original timeline, was born in the new timeline. The soul assigned to this body is the soul which would otherwise be assigned to Gi Tak. Since he was never born in this timeline, the soul was assigned to this girl instead. There are enough hints being thrown that this girl is Gi Tak inside. The way she adjusts her dress etc. 

2. Yi Yeon's career?

In the original timeline, Yi Yeon was shown struggling to standing on her own feet and had difficulties relaunching her acting career after the divorce with Cha Jae Guk. It didn't help that Cha Jae Guk was out to sabotage her career. In the new timeline, she maintains her status as top actress. When the divorce with Jae Guk happened, it didn't struck her as hard as it was in the original timeline. So what causes the change? We can only guess. Maybe her relationship with Gi Tak in the original timeline caused her to yearn for a stable family life and thus she decided to scaling down her career after she get married. In the new timeline without the relationship with Gi Tak, Yi Yeon is a different person and she remains the top dog in the industry. Or maybe in the original timeline it was Cha Jae Guk who sabotaged Yi Yeon career post-divorce. In the new timeline without Gi Tak, Jae Guk maintains cordial relationship with Yi Yeon post-divorce and didn't set out to destroy her. 

p/s: I like Jae Guk in the new timeline. He is still a jerk but a nicer one. 

3. Why is Na Seok Cheol remains dead but Seung Jae alive?

In the original timeline, Seung Jae was badly wounded and probably wouldn't survive for long. In the new timeline he is doing ok and even begin to do the same job as Yi Yeon manager/bodyguard, only that he is perhaps a few months late compared to the original timeline, and he is also bringing Jegil with him along in the new timeline (Or is it Jegil has worked there even earlier than Seung Jae? it is not clear).  But Na Seok Cheol remains dying from the same "accident" even though the non-existence of Gi Tak supposedly change the dynamic in the triad completely and the incident outside Gi Tak's house which led to Na Seok Cheol death probably wouldn't have happen in the first place! Even if the similar incident still occurred, how  was Young Soo and Da Hye being able to beat Na Seok Cheol without Gi Tak's help? And even killing him? I have no answer for this. This is the classic "grandpa paradox", a common problem in time travel stories. If you travel to the past and kill you grandpa, you would not exist. But if you don't exist, you wouldn't be able to travel to the past and kill you grandpa, so you would still exist and you would still able to travel to the past and kill your grandpa...... 

That's it from me. You are welcome to disagree with me. 

@Rayner Yeo

Thanks for your explanations! I really like your theory for the first point, that Gi Tak's non-existence enabled the existence of Hong Nan, and these two people are the same soul with different lives. This makes me feel a lot better than my previous thought that Gi Tak's soul and spirit itself was gone forever!

I think it was Cha Jae Gook that sabotaged Yi Yeon's career post-divorce in the original timeline. Their divorce was probably really bitter and messy in the original timeline because for the entirety of their relationship he was always extremely jealous/slightly paranoid about Yi Yeon's love for Gi Tak (he even tested the paternity of their son). Once Gi Tak is removed from their lives, they probably divorced on much more amicable terms in the new timeline.

I didn't even notice the plothole that Seung Jae was able to live but Na Suk Chul still died once Gi Tak's existence was erased. Maybe it's possible that death is a fated thing? Perhaps Na Suk Chul was meant to die at that moment no matter what so even when the timeline changed, he was still killed off by the "greater forces" and his soul was retrieved to the afterlife (probably hell). That's how I would try to explain away the plot hole, lol. 

7 hours ago, maddymappo said:

Is that Hong Nan look alike woman at the end really HGT? That doesn't make sense to me? A person doesn't reincarnate into a grown person - with parents and an entire life history? Who is she? All of those people at HGT's restaurant and his gang, how do they evolve and still know Song I Yeon?  Maybe I am over thinking it. 

I like how the user above me explained it. Gi Tak's existence being erased from the timeline led to his soul being assigned to a different identity, in this case the Hong Nan look-alike. The Hong Nan look-alike did not exist in the original timeline in which Gi Tak existed (hence why Maya never mentioned her), but after Gi Tak's existence is erased, his existence is replaced by this woman's, and Gi Tak's soul is placed into her and lives her life.

For your second point, I too find it not very plausible that Song Yi Yeon still could have met Gi Tak's underlings without there ever being a Gi Tak. 

So the consensus is that Gi-Tak is really in the body of the real Hong Nan?  Does that mean he now likes men?  The theory about it being him does make sense since he stuck his butt out when he bumped into the real Lee Hae Joon and how he was messing with his panties because they were stuck in his butt. 

I know I sound like a wimp and mentioned this earlier but was I the only one that thought it was so sad when Da-hye hugged Young-Soo goodbye?  Why didn't she get a happy ending?  She struck out with Lee Hae Joon since he is likely to fall for the real Hong Nan. 

The key why hong nan still appear is when she falling down with suk chul , it should be her dead body still in there but there's only suk chul , i think the God drama erase all about hong nan and gitak but give another chance for gitak to life in different identity (as a woman) because he/she sacrifice her self to save a lot of people (YY,SJ,DH) , i think the writer and the director of this drama was so cool 

5 hours ago, NitaA said:

Yorobun, please help me,.... is SeungJae died or not? From the stabbed wound he should not make it..... but then who the new bodyguard and why YY seems to not recognize him if he is Seungjae?

Its not because YY doesnt recognize him, she just pretending to herself, because YY so happy their come back to her. And wanted to working again as her new manager.

after SJ stabbed someones already call ambulance..

8 hours ago, NitaA said:

Yorobun, please help me,.... is SeungJae died or not? From the stabbed wound he should not make it..... but then who the new bodyguard and why YY seems to not recognize him if he is Seungjae?

@NitaA  I think that SJ lives because  Gi-Tak never existed in the new timeline, so the stabbing never occurred. Remember SJ went to revenge Gi-Tak's murder, that is how he got killed, but since Gi-Tak was never there, he was never killed, so SJ is still alive in the new timeline.  SJ did die in the old timeline.

15 hours ago, bebe1989 said:

Its not because YY doesnt recognize him, she just pretending to herself, because YY so happy their come back to her. And wanted to working again as her new manager.

after SJ stabbed someones already call ambulance..

Someone please help me explain the girl in his phone?  It looks like Maya! SJ has a family in his phone when he took it out of his jacket and looked at the wallpaper. .. 

23 hours ago, cloudydreams said:

@Rayner Yeo

Thanks for your explanations! I really like your theory for the first point, that Gi Tak's non-existence enabled the existence of Hong Nan, and these two people are the same soul with different lives. This makes me feel a lot better than my previous thought that Gi Tak's soul and spirit itself was gone forever!

I think it was Cha Jae Gook that sabotaged Yi Yeon's career post-divorce in the original timeline. Their divorce was probably really bitter and messy in the original timeline because for the entirety of their relationship he was always extremely jealous/slightly paranoid about Yi Yeon's love for Gi Tak (he even tested the paternity of their son). Once Gi Tak is removed from their lives, they probably divorced on much more amicable terms in the new timeline.

I didn't even notice the plothole that Seung Jae was able to live but Na Suk Chul still died once Gi Tak's existence was erased. Maybe it's possible that death is a fated thing? Perhaps Na Suk Chul was meant to die at that moment no matter what so even when the timeline changed, he was still killed off by the "greater forces" and his soul was retrieved to the afterlife (probably hell). That's how I would try to explain away the plot hole, lol. 

@cloudydreams Nice to know that my theory could make you sleep better at night. 

On the supposed plothole I guess your explanation could fit in. This being a supernatural series rather than science fiction, "Heaven's will" is a legit excuse to explain away things. 

1 hour ago, quockhanh45 said:

So in the new timeline, KT never  existed, but why he show in epilogue?
And have 2 Oh Yeon Seo in new timeline? First OYS met Sung Jae (long hair), second OYS met HJ (short hair) ?

I saw Gi Tak being in the epilogue as a flashback to end the show off with to connect the main characters together again. Of course from everyone's memories, he is gone, but the show was about him (and Young Soo) and the epilogue reinforced that.

I don't think there's 2 OYS in the new timeline, that would be too confusing and detract from the significance of her character. To explain away the difference, we can assume between going on her jog and then bumping into HJ, she got a haircut. 

22 hours ago, jacob1983 said:

So the consensus is that Gi-Tak is really in the body of the real Hong Nan?  Does that mean he now likes men?  The theory about it being him does make sense since he stuck his butt out when he bumped into the real Lee Hae Joon and how he was messing with his panties because they were stuck in his butt. 

I know I sound like a wimp and mentioned this earlier but was I the only one that thought it was so sad when Da-hye hugged Young-Soo goodbye?  Why didn't she get a happy ending?  She struck out with Lee Hae Joon since he is likely to fall for the real Hong Nan. 

Don't know for sure if she likes men, but since she was born as a woman and lives her entire life as woman, she probably likes man, if she is not a lesbian. If she has feeling towards men, she would definitely not fight the feeling like Gi Tak did when she was about to kiss Young Soo during the scene outside hotel room, because she has no memory of being a Gi Tak, aside from some deja vu feeling.. Nevertheless it is heavily implied that there is a spark between her and the real Hae Joon. The image of the of them is even put aside each other at the end of that scene. That is not merely a hint but more of "on your face" kind of telling the audience that something is on between them. 

I share your feeling on the hug scene. We can clearly see that finally Young Soo has "let it go", when he didn't even turn his back. 

On why Da Hye didn't get happy ending, I don't think hers is not a happy ending. For her situation that could be considered happy ending. If you mean why she doesn't has new relationship, I don't think a new relationship is really necessary to constitute a happy ending. Also this is just a few months away from her being widowed. I don't think in real life there are many widows who would fall into new relationship that soon. 

On 4/14/2016 at 6:29 AM, Odile Dibba said:

Hello everyone it's my first time on soompi and I am really glad that I did it with this drame bcuz it's totally worth it. I'm a huge fans of the drama I loved every bit of it until the end.. I meant almost until the end cuz I haven't seen the two last episode yet and I know that it doesn't make sense to come here knowing there would be spoilers but there's this song that I've been obsessed with and I really can't find it anywhere. It's the scene where honey lee is drawning and OYS saved her can one of you sweethearts tell me please the title of the song and/or the singer it would be lovely! That being said sorry for being long I'm going back to mayaland*peace*

@Odile Dibba 

Hello, fellow new member. I think as rookies we should help each other so will try to answer your question. 

I think the song you are looking for is X-Out by Ryu Ji Hyun... 

Okay so I think I finally get it about Hong Nan at the end.  Gi-Tak's soul is in the body but his soul was rewritten and reborn into Hong Nan's body so he has no memory of being Gi-Tak.  However, I guess you can maybe make the argument that she would act like Gi-Tak if he had been born as a woman. 

And I definitely see what you mean about Da-hye being recently widowed and not wanting to get into a new relationship with a new man.  I think Youngsoo didn't turn his back when she hugged him because he knew she had figured it out and didn't want to cause any more pain and having to explain to her that he has to go back to Heaven.  He also had gotten closure and was happy that he found out that his wife really did love him even though she didn't initially love him when they first met when she was pregnant.  It was just sad that they couldn't be together in the end. 

I preferred the pairing of Da-hye and Lee Hae Joon/Youngsoo over Yi Yeon and Gi-Tak/Hong Nan.  Just my opinion. 

5 hours ago, chiuming said:

Someone please help me explain the girl in his phone?  It looks like Maya! SJ has a family in his phone when he took it out of his jacket and looked at the wallpaper. .. 

Its his mom, maybe maya died when SJ was child.

Archived