[ Drama 2016] Come Back Mister 돌아와요 아저씨

kaiskloset

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Please Come Back, Mister" Episode 16 Final

2016/04/14 

photo713604.jpg

This is it, the final confrontation, where among other things, the full background behind Gi-tak's death is confirmed. After the rather goofy way Yeong-soo died I have to admit I never really considered the idea that Gi-tak's death was anything more complicated than what it looked like- a high speed chase gone wrong. That notion seemed bolstered by how Gi-tak himself lost interest in searching for his real killer fairly quickly. Yet in the end, Gi-tak is forced to decide whether he's willing to break the revenge rule or not.

Fortunately events immediately afterward are such that technical questions of whether or not such and such action constitutes revenge ends up being a moot point, although "Please Come Back, Mister" has never been that good with the exact definition of rules, although it does manage decently well with the emotional scenes, and that's exactly what we get. Both Gi-tak and Yeong-soo get strong send-offs well befitting their stated goals in afterlife. To the extent they had stated goals anyway.

photo713605.jpg

Gi-tak, for example, is shown as always being this big influence from the sidelines. He's never actually cared that much about himself just so long as the people in his life have been able to get along all right, and that's the standpoint from which he leaves the story. Yeong-soo is more of a direct steadying influence, and seen from that angle, the weird sometimes creepy way he's been hitting on Da-hye does kind of make sense, even if it still probably wasn't the best use of screen time.

Even the villains mostly get off without too much hassle, the exception being the one guy who was finally outed last episode as being the one causing all the trouble. Even the Jae-hoon's weird family dynamics are exposed for the curious farce they are, and apparently from that point onward we're just supposed to hope that the real Jae-hoon, post castaway adventure, will be able to deal with any possible problems.

The sentiment in the last episode of "Please Come Back, Mister" is sweet and effective when it counts, although that alone isn't enough to save the drama from its overall tone and continuity issues. The epilogue, while cute, technically does not appear to be canonically possible in this universe anymore. Although really, trying to guess what happened to the supporting cast at all considering the big decision is difficult enough. And also, probably unwarranted.

Review by William Schwartz

"Please Come Back, Mister" is directed by Sin Yoon-seob, written by Noh Hye-yeong and features Rain Kim Soo-ro, Kim In-kwon, Oh Yeon-seo, Lee Min-jeong, Lee Honey, Choi Won-yeong, Yoon Park and more

Source:http://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-drama-review-please-come-back-mister-episode-16-final-93500.html

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actors Gather at ‘Please Come Back, Mister’ Celebration of the Last Episode

6f8j094jthhv4sta44kwagdr6pv5fbqb.jpg
[by Bae Jung Yun, photo by Kim Chi Yun] On April 14, a celebration of the last episode of SBS drama ‘Please Come Back, Mister’ was held at a restaurant in Yeouido-dong, Seoul. (photo by bntnews DB)

http://www.bntnews.co.uk/app/news.php?nid=30204

[15-Apr-16][Allkpop]Rain presents a meaningful gift to all 170 cast and crew of 'Please Come Back Mister'

x2.jpg

Following the end of the drama 'Please Come Back Mister', Rain presents a meaningful gift for the cast and crew. 

On April 14, the drama team gathered at a restaurant in Seoul. Rain then presented a surprise as he gave all 170 members a watch. Later it is revealed that 30% of the watch profit goes towards kids charity. 

Rain also shared a comment as he said, "I sincerely appreciate all the staff, director, writer, and actors who worked hard for the drama. It meant a lot to me."

How sweet!

source Allkpop

-----------------------------------------

More pics

x3.jpg?width=750

Here's something I've been thinking about.

If Gi Tak's existence is erased, is that just from Earth? Or is it from Heaven as well (so like, even his spirit no longer exists)? He still gets to go to Heaven, right?!?! He better be heading to Heaven!!! I was hoping that there would be a scene in the ending showing Gi Tak and Young Soo in the real bodies back on that train again except this time instead of sobbing they have bittersweet looks on their faces. That way we are reassured that even if they left Earth, the protagonists do have a happy ending. 

35 minutes ago, cloudydreams said:

Here's something I've been thinking about.

If Gi Tak's existence is erased, is that just from Earth? Or is it from Heaven as well (so like, even his spirit no longer exists)? He still gets to go to Heaven, right?!?! He better be heading to Heaven!!! I was hoping that there would be a scene in the ending showing Gi Tak and Young Soo in the real bodies back on that train again except this time instead of sobbing they have bittersweet looks on their faces. That way we are reassured that even if they left Earth, the protagonists do have a happy ending. 

gi tak was reincarnated as his female self. so only rain went to heaven. So if gi tak dies again and is good he will go to heaven. But the male gi tak had the reset button pushed

Actually ep 15 showed an icrease in rating. As for the laat ep scoring 2.6%.. I'm not surprised because it was aired late at night. Even without competition that airing time is no good.. I was wondering if SBS had decided to air ep 16 next week without DOTS, the rating would have been much higher.. ( at least ep 2 managed to hit 7% lol)

anyway don't care about rating.. I'm happy about the ending.  It's just sad that with gitak sacrificing his whole life for the others even in Hong Nan body but stilll ended being forgotten and erased from everyone memories.

i'm glad that at least there will be a new beginning for the real Haejoon and Hong Nan. 

Anyway did Oh Yeon Seo attend the celebration party? There's no pic of her nor kim soo roo

2 hours ago, sweetbloom74 said:

[15-Apr-16][Allkpop]Rain presents a meaningful gift to all 170 cast and crew of 'Please Come Back Mister'

Following the end of the drama 'Please Come Back Mister', Rain presents a meaningful gift for the cast and crew. 

On April 14, the drama team gathered at a restaurant in Seoul. Rain then presented a surprise as he gave all 170 members a watch. Later it is revealed that 30% of the watch profit goes towards kids charity. 

Rain also shared a comment as he said, "I sincerely appreciate all the staff, director, writer, and actors who worked hard for the drama. It meant a lot to me."

How sweet!

source Allkpop

***Hi sweetbloom, thanks for sharing this here. That’s sweet of RAIN. I wonder what kind of watch it is. He’s awesome. What a generous man. Ever since I have never been disappointed in him! Thank you Rain & the cast for all your hard work in this awesome drama. It was really funny. And it’s a good drama after all. :P

Final thought...

1) i dont want to talk about rating, its so disappointed but the journey of these two ahjussies was amazing. So its okay, CMB has a special place on my heart.

2) there was no acting flaws. Even supporting actor/actress did their job well. One man to underline - Na suk chul, i really want to kill him. But, its relief he died!

3) CMB went opposite to 49 Days storyline. The traveler had a chance to remember her/his second journey in the world or forgot it, but CMB decided to erase the memory of the traveler's journey from the people around him/her.

4) unique love story. Cha Jae Guk really loved SYY. I want him to get back together, if the PD and writer want to make season 2. Da Hye nd JJH love and friendship, hope they will keep their friendship forever. 

5) talking about next season, there should be a love story for LHJ-oh yeon seo-JJH and oh yeon seo-choi seung jae. I do think my imagination going too wild.

6) all the peole are connected in many ways, even Choi seung jae seemed to be The Scheduler - Maya's Son.

7) This show has a good ending for me. All the problem had solved. There is no misunderstanding anymore. 

Such a good drama with no luck. But thank you verymuch for the PD staff writer and casts. You gave me an amazing show. Made me laugh and cry on the same times. Hope see your next show soon. And thanks for all my friends in this forum. Hope we will meet again in another thread. :grin:

The ending was kinf of a downer.  I mean we shouldn't be surprised since there's no way they could have stayed on earth.  The finale seemed a little rush.  It barely gave any closure to Gi-Tak's character.  I didn't like how he was erased from existence.  Why him but not Kim Young-soo?  I guesss you can say the last couple of minutes kinda salvaged it when the real Lee Hae Joon bump into the real Hong Nan.  I was disappointed that he didn't grab her butt. The part where she was digging her panties out of her butt was hilarious. 

Can someone explain to me the real Hong Nan?  Is Gi-Tak buried deep in that body or in heaven? 

I think the saddest part was Da-hye hugging Young-soo as he walked away and saying something like "you worked pretty hard".  She truly loved him and I think that's what he was wanting to hear from her in order to get closure.  Just kinda sad for her because she fell in love with Lee Hae Joon's body with young-soo in it and now the real Lee Hae Joon is going to get with the real Hong Nan. 

2 minutes ago, nobuyukijohnson said:

What did you not understanbd?

Just about what happens to Da Hye and her daughter. Does she get together with the bio father of her daughter or he just remains friends with her? Why is she laughing in the elevator? Does she thinks they are playing let's pretend to not know each other and she thinks  its fun?  Is that Hong Nan look alike woman at the end really HGT? That doesn't make sense to me? A person doesn't reincarnate into a grown person - with parents and an entire life history? Who is she? All of those people at HGT's restaurant and his gang, how do they evolve and still know Song I Yeon?  Maybe I am over thinking it. 

22 minutes ago, maddymappo said:

Just about what happens to Da Hye and her daughter  They continue living their life. Does she get together with the bio father of her daughter or he just remains friends with her? maybe, maybe not they didnt specify Why is she laughing in the elevator? Does she thinks they are playing let's pretend to not know each other and she thinks  its fun? I didnt pay attention to this part but i think she knows its not her husband anymore  Is that Hong Nan look alike woman at the end really HGT? Gi tak was reincarnated as her That doesn't make sense to me?  Why not the way this drama is it wold be really messed up if it wasnt  gi tak. Everyone else gets a happy ending gi tak should too.. A person doesn't reincarnate into a grown person - with parents and an entire life history? You assume time matters to beings who removed gi tak from existence. If they could completely erase him from existence why would it be impossible for them to do the reverse? Why cant they put him in his female form into existence complete with family ties and everything  Who is she? All of those people at HGT's restaurant and his gang, how do they evolve and still know Song I Yeon? Going thru their normal lives without gi tak they all eventually met her  Maybe I am over thinking it. you are completely overthinking it

Well thats my thoughts on it

Archived