[Official] Ryu Jun Yeol ❤ Hyeri Official Thread (Junghwan & Deoksun of Reply 1988)

Adwina Oltariani

long-sleeved grey shirt and black long trousers.. either he IS junghwan, or the husband really likes cosplaying Junghwan.. :P

Some were saying that the writer or PD was telling the current husband in 1988 who is nameless now portray the character like Jung Hwan but who knows what will happen in the end since the writer likes to troll the audience .. DS and JH has a long rocky way to go.. since now JH is not even a human or a man to DS but a dog who likes to snap at her? :P

Edited by snowy21
  • Like 2

long-sleeved grey shirt and black long trousers.. either he IS junghwan, or the husband really likes cosplaying Junghwan.. :P

Some were saying that the writer or PD was telling the current husband in 1988 who is nameless now portray the character like Jung Hwan but who knows what will happen in the end since the writer likes to troll the audience .. DS and JH has a long rocky way to go.. since now JH is not even a human or a man to DS but a dog who likes to snap at her? :P

nah.. even if there's a twist in the middle of the road, I think the endgame was already fixed. It's always been obvious since the beginning. Because I think Reply series has always been obvious about the husband. They're obvious with Yoonjae, and they're obvious with Trash. It's a matter of perspectives, really.

• Like 4

How come they assumed Park Bo Gum is the main lead just because he have a bigger name than Ryu Jun Yeol or other?? That's make me cry T___T (just back from main thread)

ikr. just ignore it, dear. I'm sure the production team didnt make the male lead based on popularity. I remember Ryu Jun Yeol wasnt even included as the main lead (most of the R1988 articles only used Go Kyung Pyo-Hyeri-Park Bogum photos in the headline) 

but have faith, None of the Reply main leads had big names in the beginning, and look at how that turned out

I dont read main threads for the time being, since Park Bogum and Taek stans are beginning to crowded in there, so yeah, visiting the main thread just makes my heart also a bit hurt. Not all of them, but some of them made a very subjective opinions regarding Park Bogum's popularity and how the show could benefit so much in making him the husband, of course I strongly disagree, oh well. Junghwan ah~~ Ryu Jun Yeol~~ please stay strongg..

new BTS of Junghwan and his lovely family.. awww why is Ryu Junyeol so CUTEE???

• Like 7

I love this thread a lot more to be honest. I'm really happy there haven't been "wars" in the main thread, but the overhyped Taek makes me a bit annoyed sometimes. I secretly hope Taek doesn't even like DS at all, because I won't be ok with DS dating Taek for a while, only to end up running to JH afterwards.

PS, someone on twitter mentioned something really interesting. What if we shouldn't be looking at the shirt color of the dolls, but actually at the color of their ties?

CVCXV3mUEAA9BBY.jpg

Does anyone feel like going back and looking at how that changes things haha?

• Like 8

How come they assumed Park Bo Gum is the main lead just because he have a bigger name than Ryu Jun Yeol or other?? That's make me cry T___T (just back from main thread)

What make me a bit sad is when someone translate the next episode preview only by Taek part and ignore other. That person must label the title by "Take's part in Ep.9 Preview" not generalized it by "Episode 9 Preview" instead :(

A.N: I heard Ryu Jun Yeol's instagram follower increased a lot from 88k to 430k. He is the trend now :D

• Like 5

What make me a bit sad is when someone translate the next episode preview only by Taek part and ignore other. That person must label the title by "Take's part in Ep.9 Preview" not generalized it by "Episode 9 Preview" instead :(

A.N: I heard Ryu Jun Yeol's instagram follower increased a lot from 88k to 430k. He is the trend now :D

TvN can be very sneaky with their promoting techniques as well. They keep giving little Taek hints in released pictures, and they cut the preview down to make it look like the entire preview was pretty much about Taek/DS. The preview that was actually shown after the episode was a lot longer than the one posted on youtube.

Sometimes I feel like they do this to keep PBG fans "happy" as long as possible, because I feel like he might not even be in this love "triangle". I feel like (and hope) the writers' original statement of no husband hunt might be true. Though the marketing team might want to make it into something more.

Ah who knows next thing we know there's a huge Taek/DS kiss in the next episode and I'll look like a fool. (OMG PLEASE DON'T LET THIS HAPPEN I'LL DIE)

• Like 3

Ahhhhh...  Finally i found this thread. .thank you @adwina oltariani for making this thread..  I really love JH and DS ,but i can't speak about it to much at main thread because i don't want start any ..  I admit taek is cute but why cant they see how much JH feeling grow every episode?  Can't they see the bus scene, the umbrella scene and where can we find guy who staying up  all night just for waiting us come back home safely? i really want WRITERNIM  make JH And DS kiss as soon as possible,how long should I wait for that??  Aigooo writernim... 

Btw i love this fan art so much.. So cute and sweet.. 

CVCA044UYAApPDl.jpg

Cr from owner

Edited by einYoshiChan
  • Like 11

@einYoshiChan haha, thank you and welcome, dear! I knew this thread will come in handy in later episodes.. but I still see Junghwan as the main lead for this. Since the beginning, We see how his feelings for her is growing. From small gestures, to take initiative to care for her in more obvious way, being closer to her.. invaded her personal space.. protecting her.. I have no idea how come people think Taek takes romantic interest in DS when I dont see any? what, because he's hugging her? biting his lip when he saw her? until I see him confessing to DS, I still dont see any spark between TaekSun (maybe this is because I'm not a Bogum fan, so I see things differently from his stans)

I hope we get uri OTP moments this week. Just anything will do, even them bickering or wrestling round 2 will do. I love those two so much.

tumblr_n3mtp53QbP1t95ey9o1_500.gif

• Like 4

@Howlongwillthisfandomlast Omo! thank you for posting that hints! yaaa~~ it will be hell if PDnim and writers troll us with those hints! I dont even realize the husband's way of sitting! thanks for pointing that out! And think about it, if it's other than Jung Hwan, the husband would speak to DS with a loving way, and will treat her bro nicely. And so far, the husband's personality just spells JungHwan from head to toe (even his hair isnt changed at all) unless we'll get to see more of Dong Ryung and his personality..

it would be a relieve if Taek has a crush on someone else.. but maybe it's DS after all.. Yeah I want to see JH as a ladies man and how DS will fumed with jealousy.. It will create a bit of tension and some drift in the group when that happens.. but could also blessing in disguise, because it will mean DS start seeing Jung Pal as a man instead of annoying childhood-friend.. :P

Edited by Adwina Oltariani
  • Like 3

I think all of you must already read this post at main thread before right?  But i would like to post it again because i felt so relieved when i read this theory.. 

Ahhh.. I wish i can read and understand Korean language, because theres to many great theory at dcinside website.. But i can't translate it or even understand it.. I only can use google translate but, as you google translate did not translate everything correctly.. 

-------------------------------

GogJ6Qc.jpgLurking again on DC Gall, and found a review/theory on Deoksun's pink angora gloves.

I am not that Korean literate, but I'll try to give a summary + other comments of what I understood (?) it's a really long read, but hopefully someone will shed light on us! This is a really good speculation / review about why there's this scene of Deoksun picking what gloves she will use (Junghwan's fingered gloves vs. Taek's mittens)

http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=reply1988&no=128728&page=1&exception_mode=recommendx

-------

We all know that Junghwan gifted Deoksun a pair of fingered pink angora gloves even though he wasn't her Manito. 

We also know that Deoksun has been putting clues together because she is curious about Junghwan's actions towards her. That's why she was silent the rest of the bus ride and even Junghwan noticed her silence. She was trying to think of a good reason why Junghwan came and even treated her friends at McDonald's. They've been together for years so they know each other's antics and of course Deoksun probably wonders about this change.

With the glove gift, we can say that when Junghwan and Deoksun was watching TV at Taek's room and she blurted that she would like a pink glove, add to the night wherein he saw Deoksun's hands on the bus and realized that it would get colder soon and she would probably need gloves for warmth-- smiling, he decided to buy it for her.

But now the problem lies on what kind of glove would he buy. Why would he buy the fingered glove instead of the mittens one? 

Probably because it has a femine feel. Junghwan is telling Deoksun that to him, he is not just a childhood friend anymore but he sees her as a beautiful woman. We can see this through Lee Mi Yeon's glove, which is she was seen knitting during the show they were watching-- it was a fingered one. When Deoksun realizes that the gift was from Junghwan, she began to wonder WHY Junghwan gave it to her in the first place, but then we can see her trying it out (very cutely) in front of the mirror.

But then on Ep 8, we see that Taek did eventually gave her a pair-- the pink mittens, the same pair he gave to his Dad. Then we see Deoksun picking what pair to wear and she chose Taek's. 

First, because it would be easy. No one will ask about it if the guys sees it (unless Junghwan presses on why it wasn't his she was wearing), no one will question because it was a Manito gift. An expected one, too. Second, wearing Junghwan's gift might have another meaning. Both are her gifts, but why did she feel a bit burdened on which pair to wear? This gives a new speculation that Deoksun knows about Junghwan's feelings, she is just trying to block it (?) or prevent it, or whatever. 

She has been quiet about all these things happening between the two of them-- the bus scene, the rain scene, the stuck-in-the-alley scene, and there's no way she is that dense. Or even curious, as to why something seemed to change between their friendship dynamics. Unlike her feelings for Sunwoo-- she was very aggresive on showing it to the world. Now, she dislikes him, she shows it aggresively, too. But why stay silent on Junghwan's case?

It could've been because it felt horrible when her Sunwoo "crush" was shattered-- she felt so many clues, she got so many signs and yet it was her sister that he likes. Her friends was the main reason she noticed this seemingly shift of Sunwoo's actions towards her, but in the end it was just how Sunwoo treated his friends. Then her friends tells her that Junghwan is /THE REAL DEAL/ 100%. It's just typical that she won't believe their guts because she believed them once and it hurt her in the end. 

But, I'm sure that Deoksun knows better. She isn't that smart (as compared to Bora), but she knows and wonders about what's happening around her. That's why Junghwan didn't blurt it out, as frustrated as he must've been that night, because he wanted Deoksun to be the one to realize how he feels. He doesn't want another "glass shattering" revelation, he wants Deoksun to reciprocate his feelings because she feels the same. :D

• Like 9

I think all of you must already read this post at main thread before right?  But i would like to post it again because i felt so relieved when i read this theory.. 

Ahhh.. I wish i can read and understand Korean language, because theres to many great theory at dcinside website.. But i can't translate it or even understand it.. I only can use google translate but, as you google translate did not translate everything correctly.. 

-------------------------------

GogJ6Qc.jpgLurking again on DC Gall, and found a review/theory on Deoksun's pink angora gloves.

I am not that Korean literate, but I'll try to give a summary + other comments of what I understood (?) it's a really long read, but hopefully someone will shed light on us! This is a really good speculation / review about why there's this scene of Deoksun picking what gloves she will use (Junghwan's fingered gloves vs. Taek's mittens)

http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=reply1988&no=128728&page=1&exception_mode=recommendx

-------

We all know that Junghwan gifted Deoksun a pair of fingered pink angora gloves even though he wasn't her Manito. 

We also know that Deoksun has been putting clues together because she is curious about Junghwan's actions towards her. That's why she was silent the rest of the bus ride and even Junghwan noticed her silence. She was trying to think of a good reason why Junghwan came and even treated her friends at McDonald's. They've been together for years so they know each other's antics and of course Deoksun probably wonders about this change.

With the glove gift, we can say that when Junghwan and Deoksun was watching TV at Taek's room and she blurted that she would like a pink glove, add to the night wherein he saw Deoksun's hands on the bus and realized that it would get colder soon and she would probably need gloves for warmth-- smiling, he decided to buy it for her.

But now the problem lies on what kind of glove would he buy. Why would he buy the fingered glove instead of the mittens one? 

Probably because it has a femine feel. Junghwan is telling Deoksun that to him, he is not just a childhood friend anymore but he sees her as a beautiful woman. We can see this through Lee Mi Yeon's glove, which is she was seen knitting during the show they were watching-- it was a fingered one. When Deoksun realizes that the gift was from Junghwan, she began to wonder WHY Junghwan gave it to her in the first place, but then we can see her trying it out (very cutely) in front of the mirror.

But then on Ep 8, we see that Taek did eventually gave her a pair-- the pink mittens, the same pair he gave to his Dad. Then we see Deoksun picking what pair to wear and she chose Taek's. 

First, because it would be easy. No one will ask about it if the guys sees it (unless Junghwan presses on why it wasn't his she was wearing), no one will question because it was a Manito gift. An expected one, too. Second, wearing Junghwan's gift might have another meaning. Both are her gifts, but why did she feel a bit burdened on which pair to wear? This gives a new speculation that Deoksun knows about Junghwan's feelings, she is just trying to block it (?) or prevent it, or whatever. 

She has been quiet about all these things happening between the two of them-- the bus scene, the rain scene, the stuck-in-the-alley scene, and there's no way she is that dense. Or even curious, as to why something seemed to change between their friendship dynamics. Unlike her feelings for Sunwoo-- she was very aggresive on showing it to the world. Now, she dislikes him, she shows it aggresively, too. But why stay silent on Junghwan's case?

It could've been because it felt horrible when her Sunwoo "crush" was shattered-- she felt so many clues, she got so many signs and yet it was her sister that he likes. Her friends was the main reason she noticed this seemingly shift of Sunwoo's actions towards her, but in the end it was just how Sunwoo treated his friends. Then her friends tells her that Junghwan is /THE REAL DEAL/ 100%. It's just typical that she won't believe their guts because she believed them once and it hurt her in the end. 

But, I'm sure that Deoksun knows better. She isn't that smart (as compared to Bora), but she knows and wonders about what's happening around her. That's why Junghwan didn't blurt it out, as frustrated as he must've been that night, because he wanted Deoksun to be the one to realize how he feels. He doesn't want another "glass shattering" revelation, he wants Deoksun to reciprocate his feelings because she feels the same. :D

yaa~~ this theory makes my heart warm. I agree, DS is not that dense. And I heard there's this theory that she indeed had a crush on JungHwan a while back (even before Sunwoo) but she didnt act on it because it must have been harder for girls to act, especially at that time, and to a childhood friend.. you wouldnt want to jeopardize that longtime friendship over some adolesence crush.. and remember, DS has this slight smile when JH protecting her in the bus, and she has this shocked look when he handed that umbrella during the heavy rain.. that long gaze when he was taking off her earphone on the bus.. she knows. But she kept it inside until she's sure it's the real deal. I think in this version, we dont know exactly what is on the female lead's mind and finding out more from the male lead instead. Totally reminds me of Reply 1997.

• Like 7

OMG!!! The Teory is Jjang! Daebak! how they find that!!!

I really upset when DS not wear JH gift but choice Taek gift. but now, with that teory i fell like i Will smiling and smilingsmiling again!

good teory that before she like sun woo, she like JH first! i need flashback for that!!!

• Like 5

I think the jealousy trope will definitely be used for DS to realize her feelings. They've been building up how DS seems to question JH's actions more and more, with now her friends even telling her about it. So I think the realization will really hit her once she sees him with someone else. She'll probably be angry/sad because deep down she believed he liked her.

Ahh I'm just so excited for everything to really start between them. I hope we actually see them date before the big reveal though.

• Like 5

Just noticed this thread.  :D

I totally expect a twist and for DS to have liked Junghwan (he's the crush she wrote about to start with), but she put it out of her mind because she didn't think anything would come from it.  Junghwan also still treated her so roughly I doubt someone as sensitive as her (and being a girl) could have even begun to make a move on someone like him. DS is desperate for love and attention and the second she thought Sunwoo liked her, she liked him too.  It was the opposite of Junghwan who treated her like one of the guys.  If not for her friends suggesting SW liked her I think she would have been a lot more quick to realize that Junghwan likes her.  But she got hurt and doesn't want to make the same mistake twice.  

Another thing, her NOT picking Junghwan's gloves to me is a good sign.  Taek's gloves are easy to pick, but with Junghwan's she would have to answer questions and it would be a bigger deal.  The fact that she picked Taek's gloves also points her knowing deep down that JH likes her, but maybe not being ready to totally accept it yet.  

I've seen some complaints that DS is not responsive to anything, but I also do think that DS is thinking about what Junghwan said. You can tell she's totally different around him at times, she's quiet as if she's contemplating what is going on. I  also don't think DS is dumb or dense.   I think she's easily distracted, but  with Junghwan she's actually focusing on what's going on so it's a good sign.  

Regarding Taek, that's not happening and I don't understand how anyone can seriously expect him to be the husband. :sweatingbullets:  This story is not "find the husband" but "watch how these two ended up falling in love", which is better.  

Edited by melissala
  • Like 9

I agree with everyone here. I definitely think that Deoksun is pondering on Junghwan's actions.

As I said before on the main thread, if Deoksun is suspecting, the more she'll deny (his) the feelings because think of the chance of 'Dog' Jungpal liking her and especially in their bickering type relationship, it'd be more strange and hard to accept. In that type of friendship, if she starts doubting that Junghwan might like her, it'd be like admitting she might have feelings for him (back).

It's doubt that holds her back from admitting that Junghwan might like her. A friendship that is rough and playful like theirs is so much more meaningful because those bonds are so strong. If she starts liking Junghwan and she's wrong about his feelings for her, think about how hard it'll be to be rough/playful to him again.

This is a different case with Sunwoo because comparably, Deoksun is quite soft on Sunwoo compared to Junghwan and it'd make sense for her to be nice to him crush or not, but not Junghwan. It's quite a situation she has there.

• Like 6