[Official] Ryu Jun Yeol ❤ Hyeri Official Thread (Junghwan & Deoksun of Reply 1988)

Adwina Oltariani

Guest csw909203

Aw, so much cuteness in ep 7! Won't lie though, was really hoping that Jung Hwan could have seen the immediate reaction Deok Sun had to the gloves, he deserved that gratification for knowing his girl well :)

One thing I've been thinking about is that Dong Ryong is secretly quite astute…he can probably see through Jung Hwan's supposed "dislike" of Deok Sun without having to ask. Wonder how that might play out in future episodes. 

I definitely think that Junghwan is the husband, because of the present bickering of adult DS and JH. Some people supposed that Taek could have grown up and his personality changed but I'm not really sure it'll be that far of a change.

Mainly because of ep. 7, whenever Deoksun talks to Taek, she uses a super nice and soft attitude as seen when they interact when Taek comes back from Busan. That is definitely not the a girl that would hit Taek like ever if they were bickering. Whereas, Deoksun is very handsy when it comes to Junghwan.

Edited by juniper_
  • Like 5

My theory may be ridiculous(I was told it was ridiculous by someone but I did not include a huge chunk of explanation like this post). I think the first person Duksun like is Junghwan. 

She mentioned her first love has started when she assumed that Sunwoo like her. The main thread has debated about first love and I think that first love = the first love story about 2 people falling in love with each other rather than the first person Duksun like. 

In episode 2, we know that she put the chocolate in Sunwoo's bag and very likely that her future husband read the diary about her putting the chocolate in someone's bag. Why did the future husband ask whose bag did she put the chocolate into rather than assuming she put it in Sunwoo's bag? He knows that she was rejected by Sunwoo in ep6 and the whole 'I think Sunwoo likes you' to finding out Bora is the 1 he like is in a span of less than 2 months. We know that their memory cannot be trusted but it seems that at least he can remember that she like and was rejected by Sunwoo. She insisted that she gave it to her future husband but he say he did not receive it, why did he think that he could have received it if he knew she used to like Sunwoo?

Bora mentioned that Duksun like someone after reading her diary in ep2. Bora did not mention the person Duksun write in her past diary entries and most of us assumed that it's Sunwoo. It could be about Junghwan and this may be the reason why Bora didn't mention Sunwoo(though I know she didn't mention who cause it's more fun to tease Duksun by talking about the way Duksun describe her crush rather than directly mentioning the name). We know that she like Sunwoo in ep2 but Bora may have read Duksun past diary entries that may not be about Sunwoo.

02lNf2s.png

Why did they the paper next to Duksun diary instead of putting it somewhere else(Ep7 spend like 10 seconds zooming into Duksun diary then to the paper with Junghwan's name)? This part reminds me of ep2 where Bora read Duksun diary entries. Most of us believe that after all that whining about not having a guardian angel Duksun should not be heartless enough not to do anything for the person she act as guardian angel. Why didn't they show her doing her part as Junghwan guardian angel if she really did something for him? I think they will use it as a flashback and show her doing something in the latter episodes. 

She probably did not realize Junghwan like her because she used to like him and nothing happened. So she kind of 'give up' on him. Or her mind is occupied with 'Sunwoo should be liking her but he has been using her to see Bora'. Actually I can't give a decent explanation on this but it feels incomplete without trying to explain this part.

Edited by Howlongwillthisfandomlast
  • Like 12

Too many Taek shipper comment in the main thread :(. Hardly find spoiler that is not biased

tonight episode has too little of DS and JH scene as yesterday night has the most of their scene. well there's some moment which is when JH watching DS dancing, another one is the bus scene whereby JH is standing beside DS when she is sleeping with her mouth wide open. Insert goat bleat

• Like 4

unfortunately not many OTP moments in ep8.. so I didnt like ep8. Oh well, at least we have new moments between Deoksun and her husband!!!

CU6HeB2UYAAdozZ.png

and when she grabbed his thigh and still lingers on afterwards.. (wow, this looks intimate to me! hehe!)

CU6HfNIUwAAK6h7.png

CU6HfsmUAAEItNC.png

someone said on the main thread that JungHwan ends up being a doctor.. I have to say I agree, since Deoksun asked him about her bro's feet.. and seems like JH suggested him to get a surgery? haha!

Prayer circle for our OTP to get new sweet moments for next week's episode! seems like another Taek-heavy episode.. hmm.. I hope I'm wrong. I like Taek, but this is supposed to be ensemble drama, at least give us Dong Ryung backstory and his mysterious mother.. OR give us story behind Junghwan's nosebleed..

• Like 13

Too many Taek shipper comment in the main thread :(. Hardly find spoiler that is not biased

tonight episode has too little of DS and JH scene as yesterday night has the most of their scene. well there's some moment which is when JH watching DS dancing, another one is the bus scene whereby JH is standing beside DS when she is sleeping with her mouth wide open. Insert goat bleat

Yes, I agree :(. This JHxDS pair is really make us crazy even little moments worth it. In preview, Taek's Dad confesses to DS's parent that Taek likes DS. Ah... I become worried but excited at the same time, that would make the story for Junghwan if he made it to be the husband :)

• Like 4

Yes, I agree :(. This JHxDS pair is really make us crazy even little moments worth it. In preview, Taek's Dad confesses to DS's parent that Taek likes DS. Ah... I become worried but excited at the same time, that would make the story for Junghwan if he made it to be the husband :)

Hmm I will wait for Taek's dad's "confession" until the episode airs. 1. It's his dad who's saying it, not Taek. 2. The previews have been SO misleading, I'm sure this one will be too. 3. The guy had a head injury when he said it LOL, who knows what he's talking about.

PS I love your icon hahah

• Like 4

I want the Taek x Duksun scenes though. We know Junghwan will have a bunch of ex-girlfriends and it's likely it will happen while she date Taek out of pity. 

I think the Chilbong mess will less likely happen if Duksun get her chance to date Taek but never feel anything. Chilbong issue was a huge mess because he was never given a chance.

• Like 3

But to me, it was like someone pointed out in the main thread... the one that gives the CB vibes here is JH (AND NO, that doesn't mean he's a second lead, quite the opposite actually!).

In the previous Reply series CB was the one transparent about his feelings, the one that takes action when it comes to NJ (buying medicine, going to SCP's parents just to be with her, etc etc...). Trash Oppa might have done things for her too, but we didn't get to see much of it, the show followed the different journey of "first love" focused in two people: NJ and CB (different from AM 1997). That's why most of us thought he was the endgame. What we didn't know back then it was that their stories were being unfolded individually (The first love of NJ did succeed, though that wasn't the case with CB's) and not as a whole. I'm pretty sure both of them were the leads, but the writer's intention wasn't weaving their paths. Although the miserable ending they gave to him wasn't justified at all. Here it's clearly JH, we probably know more about him than what we know about DS.

Now, as someone said in the main thread, Taek is more similar to Trash, he's the one that we cannot see through,we don't really know what's going on in his mind except for Baduk, he doesn't show much signs of affection... honestly, if it wasn't for the naughty looks he gives to DS, I would never have imagined he actually liked her.

So, that's why I don't get why people insist saying Taek is the CB here, no way. He might be the second lead (I'm pretty sure JH is the lead and the husband), but he's certainly not a new version of CB. I hope the writers are smart and empathetic enough to have learned something from that previous mess. 

That being said, I'm looking forward to next Saturday! It'll be episode 10 and I'm sure something will happen between our couple, as it'll be the end of the first half of the drama.

Finally I found this thread!!!

too many Taek shipper in main thread, hahaha 

Team Jung Hwan, Hwaiting! PD says he will not make husband hunting game again and we all know and can see that the husband is JH for sure

Edited by hazuki_airin
  • Like 4

But to me, it was like someone pointed out in the main thread... the one that gives the CB vibes here is JH (AND NO, that doesn't mean he's a second lead, quite the opposite actually!).

In the previous Reply series CB was the one transparent about his feelings, the one that takes action when it comes to NJ (buying medicine, going to SCP's parents just to be with her, etc etc...). Trash Oppa might have done things for her too, but we didn't get to see much of it, the show followed the different journey of "first love" focused in two people: NJ and CB (different from AM 1997). That's why most of us thought he was the endgame. What we didn't know back then it was that their stories were being unfolded individually (The first love of NJ did succeed, though that wasn't the case with CB's) and not as a whole. I'm pretty sure both of them were the leads, but the writer's intention wasn't weaving their paths. Although the miserable ending they gave to him wasn't justified at all. Here it's clearly JH, we probably know more about him than what we know about DS.

Now, as someone said in the main thread, Taek is more similar to Trash, he's the one that we cannot see through,we don't really know what's going on in his mind except for Baduk, he doesn't show much signs of affection... honestly, if it wasn't for the naughty looks he gives to DS, I would never have imagined he actually liked her.

So, that's why I don't get why people insist saying Taek is the CB here, no way. He might be the second lead (I'm pretty sure JH is the lead and the husband), but he's certainly not a new version of CB. I hope the writers are smart and empathetic enough to have learned something from that previous mess. 

That being said, I'm looking forward to next Saturday! It'll be episode 10 and I'm sure something will happen between our couple, as it'll be the end of the first half of the drama.

You are so spot on chingu :) I think thats why a lot of CB shippers like JH and not Taek as the husband (I think a lot of us  like it when the guy shows his feelings first,  like JH CB and YJ )

Maybe some think that Taek is more Chilbong because Taek is kind of like an outcast as he was the last to join the group (like CB) has a career which makes him famous and because he looks more like a flower boy then the rest of the cast LOL.

But regarding his love life and they way he shows (or more like doesnt show) his emotions he is just like trash, so frustrating and we have no idea whats in his mind. until half of the drama I didnt even think he would be a contender LOL.  

Now with JH we know that he likes her from the start and expresses his feelings through gestures, I find him very transparent ( I wonder how the guys didn't say anything yet o.O)  The difference between JH and CB is that CB also expressed his feelings verbally. 

On another note I think next week Bora's husband will be ...hopefully revealed :) ....and when are we going to get our kiss :/  we are almost half way and still nothing :( , unlike other replays this is quite a slow paced romance, I know its more focused on family (and I love the family), but it is a 1hr and a half long drama surely a little more time to develop the romance wont hurt hehehe, never mind im just nagging because I want a kiss from our couple....I'll just wait eagerly for next Friday :D

• Like 2

I've said it before and I'll say it again: the husband is Junghwan. That gruff attitude, that devil-may-care aura.. that bickering manner he shares with DS.. that just screams Junghwan. I dont care how many scenes they show with DS-Taek, because we all know who the husband is going to be. Unless the husband asking her to play baduk with him later on, I'm still sticking to the theory thay Junghwan really is the husband.

Funny how people said Junghwan reminds them of Chilbong. To me, Junghwan reminds me more of Yoon Jae from R97. Gruff, forward but also willing to step back in sake of his loved one's happiness. I'm excited to see Junghwan playing field a little, though. Let him dating lots of girls so that no matter how many girls he end up dating, he really couldnt move on from DS. and also DS will be jealous and then confront him with her feelings too.. oh gosh, I will be waiting for the day they'll tearfully confessing their love to one another (Reply series always makes me teary when they have THE confession scene. Hopefully R88 will have a memorable one too, and with a hot kiss as well!)

Edited by Adwina Oltariani
  • Like 7

@Adwina Oltariani Sure. I too find JungHwan's character wayyyyy more similar to Yoon Jae's. I was just making a point towards the analogy/comparison people is now doing about Taek being "the new Chilbong of this series" (out of sympathy I believe), which to me, is far from being that way.

Edited by svl93

Youre right, Jung Hwan remind us Yoon Jae, not Chilbong (wekl, iam narekians R94 :) )

When we about 90% sure Jung Hwan's the husband, but 10% make me not sure, like Reply 1997 that time.

btw I want Deok Sun & Jung Hwan have more moment together, really! I like crazy coz in ep 8, they just have little moment together :'(

what about a kiss, a hug or more skinship in next ep?

_///////

Actually, i have my own scenario about JH is really sick someday , and DS will realize towards JH,but really i dont like if JH sick 

Edited by hazuki_airin
  • Like 5

Hi Team JungHwan ! lol so all of you gather here shipping DS and JH hard! I won't be bringing the post from DC to here because there are plenty of hangul text and of course nice gifs done by the korean fan.

Have a look at this link: http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=reply1988&no=134571&page=3

Another link: http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=reply1988&no=135233&page=2

http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=reply1988&no=135193&page=5

Again heart flutters when seeing it again~~ so when is the first kiss for them? could it be episode 12? I hope it won't be  too long for us to see that happen.. that is agonising.. even Bora had her first cheek peck.

Countdown to Friday broadcast: 4 days.

Edited by snowy21
  • Like 2

officially withdrawn from the main thread.. too many Taek-biased posts and trying to justify him as the husband based on the clues (I strongly think they're being subjective instead of being objective)

but I will still visit the main thread only when there's live-recap on Friday night.. but on daily basis, I think I'll post in this forum more often.. so please, post in here more often, thanks! :)

• Like 5

officially withdrawn from the main thread.. too many Taek-biased posts and trying to justify him as the husband based on the clues (I strongly think they're being subjective instead of being objective)

but I will still visit the main thread only when there's live-recap on Friday night.. but on daily basis, I think I'll post in this forum more often.. so please, post in here more often, thanks! :)

lol well I don't mind they post Taek with DS for now since they might be more scenes for them in the upcoming episode. I believe when there are moments between JH and DS , I am sure there will be lots of post on them on main thread.

• Like 3