[Official] Ryu Jun Yeol ❤ Hyeri Official Thread (Junghwan & Deoksun of Reply 1988)

Adwina Oltariani

Guest SakuToku

so apparently Taek is the chilbong, guys. Hopefully this will make JH more honest to DS about his feelings..

I like both JH and Taek but I'm still rooting for JH to be the hubby.

In case the main thread will be dominated by those who defended their own ships and biased opinions who is the husband and Team Taek gains their supporters, I think I'll post here more often.. I remember when I was having headache when Team Trash vs Team Chilbong fighting on the main thread. Nope, not going through that again..

Edited by Adwina Oltariani
  • Like 6

Guest beastrbae

Mindblown is the key word for ep6! We all saw it coming due to the speculations and detective work made by knetizens but I'm still in a daze anyway because it all happened too fast. No backing off Team Junghwan for me now, I LOVE Park Bo Gum AND Taek but Junghwan wins all of my heart and soul (cheesy I know, just trying to make a point hahahahaha)

Funny how Deoksun's admirers are both the guys she never ever considered, JH the one she bickers with like cats and dogs and Taek who she calls dumb because he can't do the simplest things himself. But these two boys are going bring so much more pain and heartbreak to me (and I'm secretly loving it) D: Now that Sunwoo is out of the picture, I can root for him and Bora completely. Poor Jungbong though, it must run in the genes seeing how Junghwan is xD Poor Taekkie, entering this viscous battle of the husbands, it's like Hunger Games, only one will survive. Hopefully with Taek entering the triangle, Junghwan will you please step up your game - he has done so many things but our dense Deoksun can't get it, so I suggest he become more obvious and aggresive :P

Like I said in the main thread, the husband knows that Deoksun kicked up a huge fuss when she found out Sunwoo didn't like her but Bora. And he mentioned that he knows everything and anything about her, and she should be grateful to him lol - so Junghwan-like. 

Like I said in the main thread, the husband knows that Deoksun kicked up a huge fuss when she found out Sunwoo didn't like her but Bora. And he mentioned that he knows everything and anything about her, and she should be grateful to him lol - so Junghwan-like. 

Yeah. the way he always teasing her and bragging at times just scream Junghwan to me.Unless Taek decides to be more grumpy later on (which I doubt) DS also fired back in saying he's the one pursuing her the most in the past (he even coughed awkwardly. lol) seems like JH's proposal is so romantic that DS keeps bringing it up to make him all shy about it.. haha and I also think no wonder JH is no longer laughing at DS' dancing, seems like they've been married at least 10+ years (since they're in their 40s) both of them are adults, no longer high school kids who could still laugh away those kind of things. And correct me, but I thought Taek is younger than DS and the rest of the gang? If the husband is Taek, I think The future husband should've at least be a bit younger looking than DS.. so yeah, i still think the husband is Junghwan. And remember, DS' dad said Taek will be his ideal son in law. Remember when he said that to Chilbong? and we all know how that ended up :P

• Like 6

Guest beastrbae

Yeah. the way he always teasing her and bragging at times just scream Junghwan to me.Unless Taek decides to be more grumpy later on (which I doubt) DS also fired back in saying he's the one pursuing her the most in the past (he even coughed awkwardly. lol) seems like JH's proposal is so romantic that DS keeps bringing it up to make him all shy about it.. haha and I also think no wonder JH is no longer laughing at DS' dancing, seems like they've been married at least 10+ years (since they're in their 40s) both of them are adults, no longer high school kids who could still laugh away those kind of things. And correct me, but I thought Taek is younger than DS and the rest of the gang? If the husband is Taek, I think The future husband should've at least be a bit younger looking than DS.. so yeah, i still think the husband is Junghwan. And remember, DS' dad said Taek will be his ideal son in law. Remember when he said that to Chilbong? and we all know how that ended up :P

OMG I MISSED THAT?! I am using my limited imagination to picture the most awkward but loving and sincere confession from Junghwan to Deoksun BWAHAHAHA Thanks for filling me in dear :3 So the writers decide to not go through the footsteps of its predecessors in the aspect of first love prevailing. I'm not sure about Taek being younger, I thought maybe DS referred herself as noona for fun because he's like a little kiddy drinking milk.

If Deoksun were to choose between these two boys, I think Junghwan is more likely because as of now DS sees TK as a younger guy to be taken care of. I give credit to Taek though for being assertive enough to act on his feelings. Being a baduk player and all, I'm sure he's fired up planning all these strategies to win DS's heart. But life isn't like baduk, lots of variables come into play. Junghwan better not be resignated when he finds out Taek likes DS like how he was with SW, although it was funny I gotta admit. Hope he actively fights for her love instead of sighing around. It won't be funny anymore to me if it happens the second time round. I can see TK for being a catalyst for DS and JH realising their feelings for each other.

Edited by beastrbae

Guest csw909203

I'm honestly a bit surprised that the producers went the route of picking Taek as one of the potential husbands. Not that he's not a great character, I like him a lot but it almost seemed to me like an after thought to make him interested in Deok Sun. In the previous versions, it was pretty established by episode 6 who the main competitors were for the lead girl. This isn't too likely but for me, its almost as if the producers weren't going to go the route of the "husband game" and had given Taek limited screen time because of that. But then after they started airing the show they decided that they did want to do the "husband game" but Sunwoo was already taken by Bora and well Dong Ryong…is Dong Ryong. Haha.

Jung Hwan's inability to express his feelings even though he has a growing crush on Deok Sun seems more in line with the character that we've been shown so far than Taek's sudden interest in Deok Sun. It seems weird to me that for such a quiet guy Taek could suddenly be so bold to ask Deok Sun out…but I guess it's always a possibility that he's liked her for a really long time and really does want to date her seriously. 

Let's start the husband hunting. 

This plot really similiar with reply 1994 when they introduce the husband contender late than another cast. If the scriptwriter and PDnim follow this exact formula, I'm sure our ship will sail until the end BUT if they decide to try another possibility we're done guys. Hehehehehehe.

Yeah junghwan need to step up his game before its to late. I hope he will act more like Yoon Jae than Trash oppa. Or just simply being Junghwan but just dont toooooooo slow

Honestly I like Sun woo and Bora pairing but I just feel weird with Bora 2015 act toward his husband. I always imagine if Bora and Sunwoo got together, Sunwoo be like puppy who follow Bora everywhere. But Bora 2015 act so sweet toward her husband.

• Like 1

Someone said that both Taek and Junghwan has equal chance in getting the girl since the both of them are in similar circumstances.

I want to believe the umbrella moment in ep5 does unknowningly touch DeokSun's heart even though right now she is not aware of it.

Yes Taek make his move by asking her out for a movie but it gives off the he is asking her out as a friend. Like it's normal to ask a close friend out for a movie but most people wouldn't hold an umbrella and wait outside at 2am in the morning.

• Like 4

Someone said that both Taek and Junghwan has equal chance in getting the girl since the both of them are in similar circumstances.

I want to believe the umbrella moment in ep5 does unknowningly touch DeokSun's heart even though right now she is not aware of it.

Yes Taek make his move by asking her out for a movie but it gives off the he is asking her out as a friend. Like it's normal to ask a close friend out for a movie but most people wouldn't hold an umbrella and wait outside at 2am in the morning.

yep. Deok Sun's shocked expression afterwards. And I remember her little smile when he protected her on the bus. She's getting all giddy, alright.

still team junghwan to the end, I guess. fighting!

• Like 3

oh look, main thread is starting to filled with SunTaek shippers and clues pointing towards Taek.. this. This is my pet peeves with the husband guessing in Reply series. Reply series has always been more than just a husband guessing. BUT the ship wars turned me OFF badly because some only focused on that one aspect and ignoring other values from the show. This is team Trash vs Chilbong all over again.. sigh. I think I'll stay away from that for a while. I'm still 100% believe JH is the future husband. Staying in the main thread just makes me annoyed.

• Like 3

I've noticed that JH and DS sweet moments are always linked with the umbrella. Are they perhaps the umbrella couple?

Edit: I just lurked on a main thread. Our JH looks heartbroken after reading DS love letter. 。゚(゚´Д`゚)゚。

Hang in there! You'll win her heart one day.

So true, their moments always link to an umbrella, maybe the sewing kit that SW held in his hand has something to do with JH and DS...maybe  their first kiss will be under an umbrella hehe I mean all these little things link together im sure the writer is putting them there after a lot of thought, I don't think its coincidence.

By the way how did we come to a conclusion that the husband is left handed ? If its because he is holding and drinking the coffee in his left hand doesn't really mean he is left handed, I use both hands for everything except  for writing that's what makes me 'right handed' in my opinion.

I went to check a scene where JH was eating his noodles in the last episode he was using the right hand and in the 1st episode he was holding his pen in his right hand which to me it pretty much means JH is right handed, never seen which hand he used to drink yet 

On the other hand Teak broke his right hand held the phone using his left hand in ep 6 but is drinking milk with his right hand in ep 2 I also read somewhere he plays baduk with his right hand so he also might be right handed and uses the other hand to protect his playing hand....

I dont think the hand which the husband used is a big 'hint'  might just be a red herring 

• Like 2

oh look, main thread is starting to filled with SunTaek shippers and clues pointing towards Taek.. this. This is my pet peeves with the husband guessing in Reply series. Reply series has always been more than just a husband guessing. BUT the ship wars turned me OFF badly because some only focused on that one aspect and ignoring other values from the show. This is team Trash vs Chilbong all over again.. sigh. I think I'll stay away from that for a while. I'm still 100% believe JH is the future husband. Staying in the main thread just makes me annoyed.

(I wasn't here when the Trash vs Chilbong mess happen.)

I also feel that the clues are still pointing JH as the husband. Especially with all the moments we been getting in the earlier episodes is like the scripwriter telling us to ship DSxJH. We are the shippers that ship a couple purely based on the story and I will be always be proud of it.

Let them have their fun and see who has the last laugh (hopefully i don't eat my words but I saw a post that says she hates that the writer don't show Deoksun reaction right after a sweet thing JH does and I suspect it will be used in flashback like SunwooxBora).

• Like 3

I also feel that the clues are still pointing JH as the husband. Especially with all the moments we been getting in the earlier episodes is like the scripwriter telling us to ship DSxJH. We are the shippers that ship a couple purely based on the story and I will be always be proud of it.

Let them have their fun and see who has the last laugh (hopefully i don't eat my words but I saw a post that says she hates that the writer don't show Deoksun reaction right after a sweet thing JH does and I suspect it will be used in flashback like SunwooxBora).

yeah.. it's the heardest part.. to keep the faith even when you saw the post that suggest you to doubting your own opinion :P

but based on DS' little smile and stolen glances at JH, she was aware already, but I think she kept it inside because she thinks JH did it just as a friend..

• Like 2

yeah.. it's the heardest part.. to keep the faith even when you saw the post that suggest you to doubting your own opinion :P

I hope uri couple has more developments in future eps!

Only the left hand reasoning make sense to me haha. Yes and hopefully a response and nice flashback like SunwooxBora!

• Like 1

I'm glad I wasn't here for the '94 CB/Trash shipwars. I don't want it to happen here, but I can already feel it coming. I've seen a lot of people on the internet only showing interest in the drama now that Taek is in the running. Hmmmm...

Never ever ever getting off the JH/DS ship. Not happening.

Should we place bets on when the first kiss will happen? I'll say ep 12! (Though I hope it's a loooot sooner)

• Like 5

I'm glad I wasn't here for the '94 CB/Trash shipwars. I don't want it to happen here, but I can already feel it coming. I've seen a lot of people on the internet only showing interest in the drama now that Taek is in the running. Hmmmm...

Never ever ever getting off the JH/DS ship. Not happening.

Should we place bets on when the first kiss will happen? I'll say ep 12! (Though I hope it's a loooot sooner)

Stayed on the CB ship and im going to stay in this one for sure singing DIDO white flag  like last time if necessary hahah

I think we will get a kiss (by JH to DS) soon next week maybe ? ep 8 ? In winter in the rain under an umbrella ?? ~keke~    hope so !

Edited by kayle01
  • Like 5