[Official] Ryu Jun Yeol ❤ Hyeri Official Thread (Junghwan & Deoksun of Reply 1988)

Adwina Oltariani

Oh and found that clip of the audience saying Hyeri's name that time during one of the AAAs Junyeol attended. Mc asked ...Who are you thinking about? and the cheeky shippers there at the time...said her name. Of course...he said 'us'...his fans. But still was epic. :P;)

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 6/14/2020 at 11:02 AM, eatcrust said:

anything new in 2020?

Ask and you shall receive!;)

Yep our pair looks to still be going strong, :happydance:based on this fan's account. Guys...they were spotted bike riding together!!! Of all the precious things to do as a couple.:wub:

Bless them and their relationship! :heart:

• Love 2

So there was a Reply 1988 squad reunion and you'd think at first glance Junyeol wasn't present, but you'd be wrong. Lol He got caught by a fan because it seems he all of a sudden got camera shy (sigh) so we have no frontal pic like the others...just a far away pic thanks to a fan. *forever grateful*

*Oy* But yep I guess that's what happens when you date within a group, eh?! What are you gonna do. *shrugs* At least they were both present, right. :wub::tears:

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have not been on Soompi forums since literally more than a decade ago, back when April loved Black Coffee and I had some success as a romcom writer myself, haha.

I am back because I watched Reply 1988 a month or so ago; went into a catatonic state after Episode 18 (literally could not work, my partner was very worried and I cried the whole night and day); and now am forcing everyone I know to watch it so I can live vicariously through them.

NOW HERE'S THE THING.

My partner is adamant that Deoksun did not feel genuine romantic interest and attraction to Junghwan, because it was all a superficial response to her thinking he liked her - the same way that she 'liked' Sunwoo because she thought he liked her.

Aside from the fact that I obviously need to break up with my partner - this is a joke, one that he did not appreciate - can someone please help me analyze this and present evidence showing that Deoksun did have true, genuine feelings for Junghwan? I believe she did and I will die on this hill, but I need affirmation. Thank you.

If there was already a well-written, well-informed analysis of this somewhere in the nearly-800 pages of this forum, please point me to it.

Edited by hiswendy_
  • Like 2

• Guest changed the title to [Official] Ryu Jun Yeol ❤ Hyeri Official Thread (Junghwan & Deoksun of Reply 1988)
On 9/22/2020 at 3:27 AM, hiswendy_ said:

I have not been on Soompi forums since literally more than a decade ago, back when April loved Black Coffee and I had some success as a romcom writer myself, haha.

I am back because I watched Reply 1988 a month or so ago; went into a catatonic state after Episode 18 (literally could not work, my partner was very worried and I cried the whole night and day); and now am forcing everyone I know to watch it so I can live vicariously through them.

NOW HERE'S THE THING.

My partner is adamant that Deoksun did not feel genuine romantic interest and attraction to Junghwan, because it was all a superficial response to her thinking he liked her - the same way that she 'liked' Sunwoo because she thought he liked her.

Aside from the fact that I obviously need to break up with my partner - this is a joke, one that he did not appreciate - can someone please help me analyze this and present evidence showing that Deoksun did have true, genuine feelings for Junghwan? I believe she did and I will die on this hill, but I need affirmation. Thank you.

If there was already a well-written, well-informed analysis of this somewhere in the nearly-800 pages of this forum, please point me to it.

I think your partner is right Deoksun did not really have romantic feelings for Junghwan. However Hyeri is truly head over heels for Ryu Junyeol....and I suspect because of the same reason its kinda confusing for fans too...I mean Deoksun was supposed to be in love with Taek but Hyeri was in love with Ryu Junyeol instead :allgoodlol:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Ok I think she had feelings for him. If you look at her reaction to JH confession she is moved and believes him. Maybe there is regret there. 

I dont buy the whole she only thought she liked him cuz she knew he liked her thing. I dont think that's a normal reaction. If someone likes you and you dont like them back why would you do things like want to sit next to them and get upset if you dont get to, or go to a concert or movie with them? These are things that DS did. I truly believe she had feelings for him but was just waiting for him to act. She made herself available. Which shows she liked him back. You wouldn't do that for someone you didnt like. Well I guess people do lead others on for the fun of it but DS is not that kinda girl. 

Deok Seon definitely had feelings for Jung Hwan. She made herself available for him, went to school early so she could be on the bus with him, countless times she made herself accessible so that Jung Hwan could have confessed. But first he let her crush on Seon Woo stop him, and then later on his realization that Taek liked her too. But there were numerous times he could have made a move and he didn’t. Actions speak louder than words, yes, and there were many actions from JH that showed he liked her. But women do need words too. Otherwise it all just becomes a guessing game. He didn’t take the opportunities to tell her how he felt and instead acted all tsundere whenever he was with her. He never even explained about the shirt when she was clearly hurt. Contrast that with Taek who showed his love for her both by his actions AND his words. As they say all is fair in love and war. JH didn’t win because he didn’t even get in the fight.

• Like 3