[Official] Ryu Jun Yeol ❤ Hyeri Official Thread (Junghwan & Deoksun of Reply 1988)

Adwina Oltariani

Guest SakuToku

I've noticed and I don't quite get it! haha I'm rather the opposite, I was a trash supporter. For me it's whoever who has the most memorable scenes (with the main) within the first few episodes and steals the show that becomes my favourite.

Same here, especially at the bolded.

I'm a fan of bickering love lol. Maybe it's because of Hak x Yona from Akatsuki no Yona.

Guest csw909203

Not sure how many of you check out the main Reply 1988 but found an amazing translation of Jung Hwan's character (courtesy of @blue_angel_1004! Thank you so much :D)

Here it is below:

4. Junghwan (2nd year student at Ssangmun High, born in 1971, age 18, current age 45)

Discontented with everything and has a prickly personality, he is Sungkyun's second son. Obsessed with soccer. As the "dog" of the neighborhood, he is called "Dog Jungpal" by others. 

He is a complainypants. He is always grumbling and never says "Yes" on the first go. After arguing, cursing, and being prickly... only then does he give in. The typical bad boy type.

Even at home, he is not any different as the prickly, chic son to his parents. He is the silent type whose conversation with his parents is composed of "yes," "no," and "I don't know."

Though prickly and cocky in both his words and his actions, he becomes all smiles when playing soccer. The greatest goddess of the world -  Lee Mi Yeon - he loves as much as soccer. He eats his lunch during break, and then plays soccer at the field during lunch imagining himself to be (soccer great) Maradona. He has a simple brain, distinguishing a good person from a bad person by their soccer skills. 

Perhaps it's thanks to his concentration skills and competitive nature honed from playing soccer, but his school grades are unexpectedly good. With his good build, athleticism, and good grades, you would think he would be popular with the girls... but that personality of his is the problem. 

And so his childhood friend, Deoksun, is his only female friend. Even though he teases her and annoys her all the time, when she's not around, he feels empty and gets curious about her whereabouts... it's so really strange.

I think that one of the main lines that has sold me on Jung Hwan being the husband is when Deok Sun comments at the end of the first episode that she must have gone temporarily crazy for marrying her husband. Sun Woo is way too perfect already to consider herself crazy for marrying him…or on the off chance that the producers of this drama have a crazy plot twist planned and Dong Ryong or Taek end up marrying her. Haha, but Dong Ryong reminds me of Haetae (from Reply 1994) and Taek reminds me of Baro/Joon-hee from Reply 1994 and 1997. So, definitely still thinking that Jung Hwan is the husband which makes me excited cause his crush on Deok Sun is seriously the cutest! Lucky girl to have such a kind dark knight looking out for her :)

I've noticed and I don't quite get it! haha I'm rather the opposite, I was a trash supporter. For me it's whoever who has the most memorable scenes (with the main) within the first few episodes and steals the show that becomes my favourite.

Same here, especially at the bolded.

I'm a fan of bickering love lol. Maybe it's because of Hak x Yona from Akatsuki no Yona.

lol Akatsuki no Yona is a favourite of mine :) especially Hak x Yona. Haha yeah the bickering couples usually have the most funniest scenes together. 

I'm on board on this ship too. Wether this ship will sail or will sink in the end but i will never abandon this ship just like how i never abandon the cider ship during r1994. To be honest, i am still bitter about the ending of 1994 and i still did not watch the finale episode of that drama lol.

anyway, i love that knee-kicked from behind that junghwan did to deoksun, it was too funny and that why i decided to went ahead and bought a ticket for this ship. Good luck to all of us!

• Like 7

I was looking for this thread! finally, it's here! Was a previos CB-NJ shipper. I know loads of people from the forum vowed never to ship as bad as it was for them the last time around. But here I am, I'm trying to accept whatever decision the PD's going with. So I'm keeping my expectations down, hopefully. But deep down, I'll be forever rooting for JH. Bcos JH is my type of guy. He's all about getting things done, less talk :D

• Like 6

new BTS of Reply 1988..

Lots of HyeRi interactions with Jun Yeol! I swear, these two are so cute, even off-screen.. he even getting her shoe when she accidentally threw it.. and I love they constantly talking to each other in the back, when other casts are talking to the crew xD No wonder their on-screen chemistry is on fire! they really get along so well...

• Like 2

Guest beastrbae

They were really cute off-screen I could cry T_T They joked around, and he quickly picked up the shoe that he threw and gave it to her as if she was Cinderella because Hyeri said the camera is recording everything lmao.. And Jun Yeol was winking at the end of the dance but it wasn't included because Junghwan doesn't wink to just anybody B) I'm thinking maybe Junghwan was pointing at Deoksun at the end of the dance (just me being delulu) Who else saw Hyeri resting her elbow on Jun Yeol's legs?? I love their rapport!

I love that strained face xDDD It just kills me because it's too funny lol. I secretly wish they would release the BTS of the alley scene or even the bus ones. :wub:

Guest SakuToku

I'll go down with this ship! As a YJ x SW, Nareki, and JH x DS shipper, let's get along well.(‐^▽^‐)

Btw does this ship have a title/nickname or sth?

The way JH protects DS from falling inside the bus....(*´▽`*)The rain scene...(*´▽`*)Can't wait for tonight's episode! O(≧∇≦)O

I'm still waiting to watch the whole thing RAW but it seems like today was really good too and I don't know why they're trying so hard to make me fall this hard for JH 

(Coolest Boy EVER)

if they aren't planning to make him the husband.

Still, I'm SO scared. Tomorrow seems to be Confession Day for SW and I still believe is going to be BR and we have 14 Episodes more anyway, but what if is DS?? Please show, DON'T crush JH's heart (and mine).

• Like 3

I'm still waiting to watch the whole thing RAW but it seems like today was really good too and I don't know why they're trying so hard to make me fall this hard for JH 

(Coolest Boy EVER)

if they aren't planning to make him the husband.

Still, I'm SO scared. Tomorrow seems to be Confession Day for SW and I still believe is going to be BR and we have 14 Episodes more anyway, but what if is DS?? Please show, DON'T crush JH's heart (and mine).

I wouldnt worry much. Again, may I remind you that Yoon Jae also had one-sided crush on Shiwon, and look that how ended. They're married and annoyed each other for years. lol.

Deoksun and her future husband also bickered a lot and hitting and threatening each other.lmao.

So rest assured, friends. Lots of things can happen in 14 episodes. Not to mention things will change in span of years. When they're all working and the friendship is not as tight as they used to.. DS will start missing her friends. And she sure will remember the way Junghwan always caring for her the most..

Be patient, guys. I still think we ship the right OTP.

Edited by Adwina Oltariani
  • Like 1

Once more, THANK YOU @Adwina Oltariani, I especially came here to be reassured lol (also to share the latest OTP moment), I guess right now I'm so invested that I'm getting the "Too good to be true" mentality. Anyway tomorrow will really be decisive and I still think/hope SW will confess to BR, because even if JH would end up as the winner later, I don't want to see another useless triangle between childhood friends.

*crosses fingers*

• Like 1

Guest beastrbae

Dear shipper mates, this OTP gives me immense feels that I haven't felt in a long time xD (although it's still one-sided atm) I've had my fair share of dramas, but it's been a reallllllly long time since I've felt so giddy and it's all Junghwan's fault. Maybe it's because the drama gives a nostalgic feel, with well-matched music and JH being so transparent and honest with his feelings but showing it in the most subtle ways. He's reigning no.1 right now in my book (sorry Chilbong but I still love you, don't worry)

I can't stress this enough but I really love his family and the dynamics within it. So far, it's the best reply series for me if the writers don't chilbong our Junghwan, touchwood. JH's amount of screen time is pretty significant and even more than DS's sometimes which is pretty telling. I feel as though our main lead is JH but it could just be me being bias and all :X Unlike Chilbong who was kind of like an outsider, it feels like as though JH is closer to viewers? Right now, I don't know what I'm saying so please excuse my incoherent speech xD

Dear shipper mates, this OTP gives me immense feels that I haven't felt in a long time xD (although it's still one-sided atm) I've had my fair share of dramas, but it's been a reallllllly long time since I've felt so giddy and it's all Junghwan's fault. Maybe it's because the drama gives a nostalgic feel, with well-matched music and JH being so transparent and honest with his feelings but showing it in the most subtle ways. He's reigning no.1 right now in my book (sorry Chilbong but I still love you, don't worry)

I can't stress this enough but I really love his family and the dynamics within it. So far, it's the best reply series for me if the writers don't chilbong our Junghwan, touchwood. JH's amount of screen time is pretty significant and even more than DS's sometimes which is pretty telling. I feel as though our main lead is JH but it could just be me being bias and all :X Unlike Chilbong who was kind of like an outsider, it feels like as though JH is closer to viewers? Right now, I don't know what I'm saying so please excuse my incoherent speech xD

I agree. JH actually knows and understand DS a lot more than his friends. And the show clearly wants us to understand and invested on JH too, it would be useless if he isnt the future husband, though.. And I dont see JH as an outsider like Chilbong, to be honest. I hope DS will change her attitude towards him.. she's always scream and annoyed at him.. I want her to show affection to him also.. (although only as a friend) maybe he'll have a hard time soon and DS will cheer him up.. :) 

And I totally agree with you, the OTP makes me all fuzzy inside..

• Like 2

Guest SakuToku

I've noticed that JH and DS sweet moments are always linked with the umbrella. Are they perhaps the umbrella couple?

Edit: I just lurked on a main thread. Our JH looks heartbroken after reading DS love letter. 。゚(゚´Д`゚)゚。

Hang in there! You'll win her heart one day.

Edited by SakuToku