[Official] Ryu Jun Yeol ❤ Hyeri Official Thread (Junghwan & Deoksun of Reply 1988)

Adwina Oltariani

guys..........can i cry first?

what the hell. i was preparing for the worst yet the insanity did happen. i'm so maaaaaaaaaadddd rather than getting hurt. come on, i always watch the drama in JH perspective and now i know he's not the one. why dragging JH feeling for soo loooong. waenyeol.

at first i didn't want to spoil myself and watch the ep.19. but i didn't understand a thing, got so curious of so many TK-DS scenes, then stopped watching in 50 minutes and came to this thread. waenyeol. is it true that TK is the husband? sooo mad. so, there's no possibility for JH? i mean why torturing JH like that? torturing JH means torturing me x.x why didn't they make this story following TK journey and not JH in the first time?

okay screw it

pardon my english, i don't care.

continue to watch the rest of the episode. i'm gonna angry if i don't get proper explanation why it must be TK.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, honeywell said:

@MrsSoJiSub I wish I can tell you.  I don't even know myself.  The set up was perfect.  This morning I felt like I was getting knocked out as I read the recaps.   The entire day I was thinking what did I miss and practically all of S. Korea.  All I can think of was RJY was definitely the lead and she wanted to show the viewers a realistic aspect of love, loss, and moving on through his character.  

Okay it really really really really really hurts but I can accept this. Because episode 18 was beautiful and it showed all this so well. I guess he really was saying goodbye and I just didn't want to believe it. No lie. I am sitting her with my margaritas sobbing because WE COULD HAVE HAD IT ALL...it's just...had she known he came to the concert even if he was a step behind Taek, would it have changed things? If she knew their concert picture was in her wallet, would it have changed things? If she knew the pink shirt was a misunderstanding, would it have changed things? All the what ifs and could have beens will be the death of me. I need him to give her back the picture. I need him to put the pink shirt in a box. I need him to throw out the Lee Moon Sae concert tickets. I need her to move out that basement. There are just too many memories that I need erased so I can move on. Jungpal...Junghwan-ah...*bawls dramatically in Korean and Spanish* I most definitely need the writer to explain it all. I can't wait for interviews to come out...

• Like 7

JH.. 

may be..    

If you didn't win DS heart,  JH..  (I'm still sure her heart just for you,  JH..  or I just too blind to see the fact..) :tears::tears:

Just trust me uri JH..  You win a million woman heart in the world.. :):):)

ps. I still bet 99% for you,  JH..

but if 1% win.. I will not watch your next reply,  writernim.. until the episode's complete..  coz your  trolling isn't good for my health,  writernim.. :angry::angry:

• Like 2

I gathered courage to watch episode nineteen ...and I just have so many different feelings about this episode. This just doesn't feel right at all. What was the point in giving TKxDS so little development? It seriously makes no sense. Out of everything Junghwan has done , from showing up at the McDonald's to protecting her on the bus, she suddenly starts to look at Taek because of this one thing. I just don't understand how she could be so easy to change. The other reply series female characters were strong and or had very hard to change feelings. But, deoksun just...seriously what is the reason? Maybe it was the kiss or something idk. It just does not make sense. The other shippers keep saying  that Junghwan was just hesitating so much but Taek and Deoksun talk about the kiss until how many years later? Junghwan waited for a few seconds too long and kept getting stopped by traffic lights. He did many things to show he cared. He even told deoksun just think about why he was doing these things. She even took initiative and asked him about his feelings through the blind dating question. She already had  feeling that he liked her. If this drama is seriously about hesitating and just taking charge of your fate then it could have easily been changed to fit Junghwan and deoksun end while still having the same theme . I seriously see nothing that Taek did as more "taking control of your fate". And there are so many things left unanswered rn. I can't make myself not watch episode who. I'm going to need very good explanations. 

Despite being completely  confused I am able to accept Taek as the husband. Awesome for the writers changing up the end and surprising me XD

• Like 8

Team 1%, Team JH here.

Managed to sleep but not a comfortable one. Not helping when I'm actually PMS-ing, so just a little emotional too. I'm holding out on this fort. I did say yesterday before the episode I'll take any trolls from the production team, so am going to take it like a brave soldier does. I consider ep 19 a way out for DS to know that Taek is not for her by dating him. If I'm wrong, then call me delusional. If I'm right, it still a bitter pill to take. 

Anyone noticed the parallelism between JH and DS: They both were doing something sweet for their parents (DS-her menopausal mum and her dad who just retired, JH-his menopausal mum, acting like a daughter). Is this significant, I don't know. But the narrative has always been DS paralleling JH. Maybe that's it, coz they parallel each other, they'll never meet. 
I'm with Korea this time round, I didn't get schooled by my Korean friends about my take on the drama this time. So, I'm still confident. 

• Like 24

I am thinking of "A Little Girl" and our OTP right now guys. Read these lyrics

Only stay by my side
You can’t leave me
I can’t leave on a long journey with this longing
Going to look for your rainbow

As I sit by the window at sunset
I see the clouds floating far away
I draw out the old memories that I want to find
In the cold blowing wind, if you get lonely
I will always stay by your side
I won’t leave you

As I sit by the window at sunset
I see the clouds floating far away
I draw out the old memories that I want to find
In the cold blowing wind, if you get lonely
I will always stay by your side
I won’t leave you

Only stay by my side, you can’t leave me

This is Jung Hwan's cry to DS. Don't leave me stay with me. It is everything his eyes have told her since episode 1 but she couldn't read those eyes. He keeps searching for those old memories but cannot remake them because she has left his side so he keeps staring at the sunset, the end of another day without her, the end of their time. The end of his first love. 

He keeps looking for her happiness. He gives her to Taek so she can be happy. He never is after his rainbow. Taek might have shown up at places to "help her" but it was Jung Hwan who was by her side in a less literal sense every moment. His eyes never left where she should be, right by his side. But she finally did. 

I am so emotional guys.

• Like 20

7 minutes ago, misshoggy said:

Anyone noticed the parallelism between JH and DS: They both were doing something sweet for their parents (DS-her menopausal mum and her dad who just retired, JH-his menopausal mum, acting like a daughter). Is this significant, I don't know. But the narrative has always been DS paralleling JH. Maybe that's it, coz they parallel each other, they'll never meet. 
I'm with Korea this time round, I didn't get schooled by my Korean friends about my take on the drama this time. So, I'm still confident. 

i never noticed that omg. is that what all the parallelism was about? to show that deok sun and jung hwan might have been the main characters but that didn't mean they had to end up together? ogmgmomgomg i never would've thought to think about it that way

i'm such a mess rn 

• Like 8

i wake up still with the same feeling, and i keep coming back to naver netizenbuzz and this thread because somehow i feel better knowing that other people are feelingg the same way as i am. this is crazy i didnt even cry when i broke up with someone but i bawled my eyes out because of junghwan. i'm having a class in less than 30 minutes i really wish i can focus

just read the whole kkuljaem article about yesterday's episode and i agree with most of the knetz comments, damn i have replayed this show a couple of times and the writers still think i don't have eyes??? 

+ there was a bonus PBG and Irene bit there lol if only TK-DS have the same chemistry they exhibit i would have swayed, even if TK's the husband his real wife would be Irene hahahhahaha

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, janeadelaine said:

i wake up still with the same feeling, and i keep coming back to naver netizenbuzz and this thread because somehow i feel better knowing that other people are feelingg the same way as i am. this is crazy i didnt even cry when i broke up with someone but i bawled my eyes out because of junghwan. i'm having a class in less than 30 minutes i really wish i can focus

Are knetziens really pissed and feeling as lost as I do? Because they are almost never wrong and I swear all of them read it like I did: despite everything Junghwan is the husband. The writer really flipped the script on us and I want to sharing in the accepting but still disbelief and anger. links of where you are reading all of this? WE WERE ALL PLAYED A FOOL AND MADE OURSELVES THE FOOL. LOVE IS DEAD *bawls in dramatically* take this pain away from me....

• Like 10

I can't breathe you guys...IT WAS ALL RIGHT THERE. IT WAS OURS FOR THE TAKING!!! IT WAS ALL RIGHT THERE, WHERE DID I GO WRONG?? WHAT DID I MISS???

I am going through the stages of grief and I am still in the stages of disbelief and denial...i choose to by pass the anger stage (it changes nothing) BUT NONE FOR YOU JUNGHWAN!! THE CHOI'S AND SUNG'S GOT EVERYTHING AND THERE ARE THE KIMS AND *cries like a baby* WHERE DID I MISS EVERYTHING! I never go a reply series ship wrong before because i always felt the writing was clear as water and it was clear as water Junghwan was it.....WHERE DID I GO WRONG??? How come I accepted this all so much better this morning than i do this night?? kdrama gods take it away...take it all away....Yoo Jung sunbae I am putting all my faith in you. Get your psychotic richard simmons together and my gods don't let the second male lead win yet again LOL...

• Like 18

Just now, MrsSoJiSub said:

Are knetziens really pissed and feeling as lost as I do? Because they are almost never wrong and I swear all of them read it like I did: despite everything Junghwan is the husband. The writer really flipped the script on us and I want to sharing in the accepting but still disbelief and anger links of where you are reading all of this? WE WERE ALL PLAYED A FOOL AND MADE OURSELVES THE FOOL. LOVE IS DEAD *bawls in dramatically* take this pain away from me....

right now the title of #1 article on naver ranking news is "Reply 1988 Ryu Joon Yeol, will there be no explanations abt how he moved on?" with 5k++ comments and the top comment received 11k upvotes saying "aigoo... its meaningless. ㅠ (ryu joon yeol) acting was really good... showing the heart fluttering love"

Hmmm I woke up with this hollow feeling. Not good. Not good. Its even worse when I remember that the series is not over yet. Its overwhelming really, regret and sadness. How much I've wasted my time just for this series. Bah I need to move on so badly! How are you guys holding up?

Anyway, I don't know if anyone has said this before. But I was thinking that maybe the Forrest Gump reference was for SWxBR pairing too? (lookie here, still wracking my brain to make some LOGIC out of R'88)

• Like 8

10pm where I'm at. two margaritas in, and i still can't get over this richard simmons...i want to kill my flatmate because she too was so damn sure junghwan was the husband. my sisters thought junghwan was the husband. everyone told me to calm my richard simmons and trust the story because junghwan was the husband. I AM THE FOOL. I ALONE GOT PLAYED...I PLAYED MYSELF...THEY NEVER SHOWED HER RESPONSE FOR A REASON AND YOU READ SOMETHING THAT WASN'T THERE MRS.SOJISUB!! YOU DID IT TO YOURSELF *cries more*

• Like 9