[Official] Ryu Jun Yeol ❤ Hyeri Official Thread (Junghwan & Deoksun of Reply 1988)

Adwina Oltariani

I'm glad I wasn't here for the '94 CB/Trash shipwars. I don't want it to happen here, but I can already feel it coming. I've seen a lot of people on the internet only showing interest in the drama now that Taek is in the running. Hmmmm...

Never ever ever getting off the JH/DS ship. Not happening.

Should we place bets on when the first kiss will happen? I'll say ep 12! (Though I hope it's a loooot sooner)

yep. and of course Taek's fans would hate to see their precious puppy crying all the time! JH is aware of his feelings already.. but it's DS who's still clueless about the whole thing. Maybe the secret Santa thing will bring them even closer

• Like 5

oh look, main thread is starting to filled with SunTaek shippers and clues pointing towards Taek.. this. This is my pet peeves with the husband guessing in Reply series. Reply series has always been more than just a husband guessing. BUT the ship wars turned me OFF badly because some only focused on that one aspect and ignoring other values from the show. This is team Trash vs Chilbong all over again.. sigh. I think I'll stay away from that for a while. I'm still 100% believe JH is the future husband. Staying in the main thread just makes me annoyed.

I remember the shipping wars with reply 1994, used to go check the drama forum silently and I was angry and hurt reading the comments, then I found the CB-NJ forum and started talking there and stayed away from the other forum. Its sad that it came to that and hopefully the writer will take the reply 1997 path and make it impossible to not like the husband, tbh I watched 97 after it aired and didn't know there was a husband guessing game until the end, wish that this one will be like that... and the writer will resolve everything before the last episode so  we can have some OTP moments without thinking about the husband game unlike 1994

• Like 3

Guest beastrbae

With all the developments we got to see in Junghwan, the focus on his family and those cute moments between him and Deoksun, I also doubt he would be anything but the endgame. Yeah, about drinking with his left hand doesn't make him left handed, I find drinking can be easier with either hand unlike eating. I hope JH can find an ally in SW, they're gonna be bro-in-laws after all *fingers crossed*

There's lots of parallelism between JH and DS with both sets of parents too!

Edited by beastrbae

I was there too when the shipping war happened but as a silent reader and It was a mess in main thread during that time. And I found NJ x CB forum too and they were my source of strenght back then during the show.

I still believe Junghwan is the husband. Because the writer show us very clearly the journey of JH feeling for DS.

In Reply 1997 they showed us YoonJae's love for Shiwon from the very first time and in Reply 1994 they showed NJ's

We will hang on this ship gaess.. Dont let the storm broken our ship..

• Like 6

With all the developments we got to see in Junghwan, the focus on his family and those cute moments between him and Deoksun, I also doubt he would be anything but the endgame. Yeah, about drinking with his left hand doesn't make him left handed, I find drinking can be easier with either hand unlike eating. I hope JH can find an ally in SW, they're gonna be bro-in-laws after all *fingers crossed*

I agree. Also, for example the scene where DS and SW walk together and JH is left behind feeling heartbroken. That was not a second male lead scene. His feelings and his perspectives were central in that scene, DS/SW walking together was secondary, if you guys know what I mean lol. Normally with second male leads, they show cute and meaningful scenes between the OTP and then cut to the second male lead who is sulking, but the scene was about that interaction between the OTP. But this felt different, I'm having trouble explaining it lol.

I really don't know how I'll survive this week. 5 more days :tears: So excited for the Secret Santa game, that's gonna stir the pot. I'm hoping JH will do something impulsive.

Edited by alleverything
  • Like 7

I agree. Also, for example the scene where DS and SW walk together and JH is left behind feeling heartbroken. That was not a second male lead scene. His feelings and his perspectives were central in that scene, DS/SW walking together was secondary, if you guys know what I mean lol. Normally with second male leads, they show cute and meaningful scenes between the OTP and then cut to the second male lead who is sulking, but the scene was about that interaction between the OTP. But this felt different, I'm having trouble explaining it lol.

I really don't know how I'll survive this week. 5 more days :tears: So excited for the Secret Santa game, that's gonna stir the pot. I'm hoping JH will do something impulsive.

Something impulsive? A kiss maybe..under umbrella during snow fall..Huahhahahaa

Maybe this time the first guy who kiss the female lead will be the husband like in Reply 1997.

Yeah we know that DS is a dense as a wall so she need something big to realize JH feeling like Shiwoon.

• Like 6

Guest beastrbae

Explain no more, I totally get what you mean!! Yeah, the camera panned to him for quite long for us to see things in his perspective like you mentioned :) Yeah! Manito game hehe. I doubt JH is her secret santa but will get her something anyway, the question is what :rolleyes: In the preview, it looks like JH will treat her better since she's suspecting him for being her secret santa. And that hair ruffle gahhh. I'm pretty sure they threw Taek into the love triangle to create some suspense to get people like me antsy because majority was siding with JH when SW was the most obvious contender.

Edited by beastrbae

Guysssss. I haven't watched because I'm waiting for Beaver's subs, I had been avoiding spoilers but I can't stay calm anymore I decided to come here.... so is it true Taek is now officially in the game? How did it happen? :blink: I mean, is it a long time thing or it only happened recently?

Not changing team either. I know PBG has a lot of fans and it doesn't surprise me if the same fanwars would happen again, but it doesn't matter because what's more important is the development in DS/JH story. It makes no sense to build up something between two people if it turns out to be nothing.

In case the main thread will be dominated by those who defended their own ships and biased opinions who is the husband and Team Taek gains their supporters, I think I'll post here more often.. I remember when I was having headache when Team Trash vs Team Chilbong fighting on the main thread. Nope, not going through that again..

@Adwina Oltariani

Is it already starting? :sweatingbullets: I also didn't post on the main thread after things got out of hand during 94 eungdabhara. In case if it happens again I will be camping here girls B)

Edited by wasted_youth
  • Like 4

Guysssss. I haven't watched because I'm waiting for Beaver's subs, I had been avoiding spoilers but I can't stay calm anymore I decided to come here.... so is it true Taek is now officially in the game? How did it happen? :blink: I mean, is it a long time thing or it only happened recently?

Not changing team either. I know PBG has a lot of fans and it doesn't surprise me if the same fanwars would happen again, but it doesn't matter because what's more important is the development in DS/JH story. It makes no sense to build up something between two people if it turns out to be nothing.

Taek called DS and asked her to go see a movie together....I don't think it is explained for now if it is a long time crush or it just happened, we suspect he liked her since that piggyback ride she gave him when he broke his hand, maybe when the english subs are out we can understand better.

And i agree with you they started building JH-DS relationship from the first episode and they always emphasis about how JH is feeling and they have many (sweet) interactions together, unlike taek and DS, so it will make no sense to push all those moments aside. Also I never felt 'romantic' chemistry between taek and DS as of now. I cant imagine taek bickering with DS like 2015 husband...he is so cute and quite, like a puppy :3 haha

• Like 4

@kayle01 thanks for the reply! 

I'm curious who will confess first. Please let it be Junghwan. 

I'm very easily invested in TV couples that I could get really frustrated if things don't go the way I want haha. But usually I'm lucky:D Can't wait to see the episodes with subs (Bubblegum is also subbed by the Beaver but they release the subs on the next day after it airs. Meanwhile Eungdabhara 1988's subs are only available on Tuesday.:angry: urghh). 

I will join the discussions more after I see the episodes! Before I go I'll leave you girls with a picture of Junghwan as the shillang ♥

2049192579_1f507c4c_3553690406_bff43eb7_

• Like 13

Of course I'm still on this ship too, like there's no other ship? Of course I grew affectionate to all the guys in the show and TK is especially cute, but since the first episode I couldn't even consider anyone but JH as DS's husband and I still don't understand how somebody could choose to ship a character with another even before the airing of this drama, only on the basis of the actor playing the character.

As for the main thread, I think the situation is still "under control" lol and I hope things won't go further, because is always interesting to read DC theories and talk in general about the show, that I'm fully enjoying, not only because of our perfect OTP ;)

Anyway, it's hard to wait and I especially hate to wait 4 days to get the subs while reading all the speculation in the meantime (because I can't restrain myself..).  For the next episode, I'm really intrigued by this Secret Santa thing and I hope this will give JH the perfect occasion to be openly sweet with DS (only for her to discover later that he acted that way, not because he was her Secret Santa, but because he wanted to :P

*waves to all my shipper-mates*

• Like 8

Guest csw909203

So far I've seen a lot of parallels between the 97 series to Jung Hwan and Deok Sun's relationship especially the fact that Jung Hwan is falling super hard for Deok Sun but she's pretty unaware at the moment. Or it could even be even more similar to the 97 series where Shiwon was aware but chose to ignore that their friendship was changing which could be a possibility given her awareness of Jung Hwan on the bus and with him staying up till 2 am just to give her an umbrella (every time I think of that scene it makes me smile - super super cute). I think another concrete clue in favour of Jung Hwan is that in the 97 version Yoon-jae and Shi-won's bickering never really went away from when they were young (I think it actually got worse as I recall the labour scene hahaha), just like we've been shown so far in the 88 version. 

That said, I think that we're in store for a pretty heartbreaking scene of Jung Hwan being rejected when he finally cracks and confesses his feelings to Deok Sun. In both past seasons it took a while for the main couple to get together and I think that in this case Jung Hwan is hurt enough to date other girls to try to get over Deok Sun. Someone brought up something interesting about timing and fate in the main thread which I thought was pretty relevant. In both previous seasons it was always fate that brought the main pair together even if their timing was not perfect so I'm looking forward to the sweetness of when Jung Hwan and Deok Sun finally realize that they were meant to be together :) 

Originally, I thought SooWon was going to be part of the main couple...I guess a lot of us did...they trolled us to think that way I think...So that was the major twist for me. Never thought JungHwan was the male lead. But we gotta admit the male cast is sooooo charming...how does the PD do it!?

I'm gonna stick to JungHwan...it's been soo cute to see him realize he's in love ...:wub:

• Like 3

Taek called DS and asked her to go see a movie together....I don't think it is explained for now if it is a long time crush or it just happened, we suspect he liked her since that piggyback ride she gave him when he broke his hand, maybe when the english subs are out we can understand better.

And i agree with you they started building JH-DS relationship from the first episode and they always emphasis about how JH is feeling and they have many (sweet) interactions together, unlike taek and DS, so it will make no sense to push all those moments aside. Also I never felt 'romantic' chemistry between taek and DS as of now. I cant imagine taek bickering with DS like 2015 husband...he is so cute and quite, like a puppy :3 haha

Honestly I'm confused about Taek being Junghwan rival. You know he's just call DS to watch movie together maybe he call the other too. Like his convo before the competition with DR that he wanted to watch movie together. It didnt convinced me yet about Taek being in the game

Yeah maybe Park Bo gum have alot of fans than other but I'm sure the writer didnt cast the actor based on popularity

• Like 2

Deok-seon aa, it will be your loss if you don't choose this hottie here, there are many other girls waiting in lineB)

3421242363_7431b658_IMG_7777.jpg

I mean look at that :w00t:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since we can't post consecutively I'll just add the gifs here. They get along very well don't they? I love how playful and comfortable they are with each other on set, no wonder they can easily create that chemistry on the show.

3068027514_592d588e.gif

Don't make me start shipping you in real life too k.

3068027514_31f80cd7.gif

I'm actually super excited for their first kiss (and other kisses in future). The previous kisses in Reply series didn't disappoint, I trust you with this one too, Shin PD :P

Edited by wasted_youth
  • Like 12

Deok-seon aa, it will be your loss if you don't choose this hottie here, there are many other girls waiting in lineB)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since we can't post consecutively I'll just add the gifs here. They get along very well don't they? I love how playful and comfortable they are with each other on set, no wonder they can easily create that chemistry on the show.

I'm actually super excited for their first kiss (and other kisses in future). The previous kisses in Reply series didn't disappoint, I trust you with this one too, Shin PD :P

I've watched the video those gifs are from 20 times now. They seem so comfortable around each other in real life, I love it. I don't really ship people irl but I have to admit I wouldn't mind if they got together haha

• Like 6

Guest csw909203

I've watched the video those gifs are from 20 times now. They seem so comfortable around each other in real life, I love it. I don't really ship people irl but I have to admit I wouldn't mind if they got together haha

@alleverything - Haha, same! It's totally possible though, Hyeri dated a much older guy, Tony An, in real life so maybe that's her type ;) 

Edited by csw909203